Looking for a specific color of Faux Fur [Help]

17 Aug 2019, 11:47 am
Hello! I am currently on my way to starting my first ever build project:

My Drekkubus boi Leica
lyv0tT8.png

But there is one thing that I really need help with at the moment; and that's finding the Yellow-ish color of Faux Fur

Here below is the color Isolated
22pF3dR.png

I've been looking all over the place and so far have note found something close to this color.

So I thought I would come and ask the lovely Fursuit Making friends of the forums!

Any and all help is appreciated! Thank you for taking the time to read this ^ w ^

.::Beta Tester::.
Please quote/ping me!
Plz click mons
xSRsBu0.pngO1R9wQ3.pngnYno2vL.pngA2eG9W8.pngwttDoZV.png
Flags by Lu
28 | They/Them
Pixel Icon by Violetpool
Professional Disappointment
ADHD|Depression|Anxiety|Aspergers

17 Aug 2019, 12:02 pm (Edited 17 Aug 2019, 12:02 pm)
MeloNeko I tried looking, I couldn't find the golden yellow but I found something kind of like it that may work, but it is long pile with like shimmery strands in it,

https://www.ifabric.com/products/golden-glitter-faux-fur-shaggy-long-pile-fabric?utm_medium=cpc&utm_source=google&utm_campaign=Google%20Shopping&gclid=Cj0KCQjwy97qBRDoARIsAITONTJvjEn4JlEKAzThEHpTK82L0yC2P7S2tpqvzgEGCX8Zb0ABffQQ61kaAqjJEALw_wcB
"Great we're all bloody inspired"
+1hr FV time
Help Azelfion eat! check out their Commisions!
pangolotls_banner.png?width=500&height=2[/url]
by Pandorose
17 Aug 2019, 10:33 pm

oh man if it didn't have the shimmer in it it would be hella close! I wonder if there is a wat to remove the shimmer without it looking too thinned out

.::Beta Tester::.
Please quote/ping me!
Plz click mons
xSRsBu0.pngO1R9wQ3.pngnYno2vL.pngA2eG9W8.pngwttDoZV.png
Flags by Lu
28 | They/Them
Pixel Icon by Violetpool
Professional Disappointment
ADHD|Depression|Anxiety|Aspergers
17 Aug 2019, 10:42 pm
Couldn't find any goldenrod D:
I tried, but I found some dark beige. Kinda close, but not really. Good luck finding some!!
d. beige
16453083_5a1C2gWI2Vvc2Hn.png
PxpMLT5.pngW4yikiX.png
17 Aug 2019, 10:42 pm (Edited 17 Aug 2019, 10:44 pm)
The closest color to that one that i can think of is marigold (#B98D28 it's a tiny bit darker, but when a light hits it, it's the same as the one you posted).

It's rare to found (at least where i live) but maybe you can get some on your local textile-shop.
20 Aug 2019, 10:00 pm
https://www.etsy.com/listing/713969313/sasha-camel-2-inch-long-pile-soft-luxury?ref=internal_similar_listing_bot-3&frs=1

Maybe this is close ish?
21 Aug 2019, 3:30 pm (Edited 21 Aug 2019, 3:31 pm)
The color above is pretty close, which makes me think the closest you'll find to the yellow you're looking for would be Camel. I found a camel short fur from Mendel's. Camel Seal Fur

This yellow kinda comes close too, but it's a bit yellow.

This toffee also comes kinda close, but looks too dark.

You'll have to click the drop down to see each color I'm referring to.

I would suggest ordering swatches of any fabric before buying it. Sometimes colors are a bit different than they are online, and that can be because they have a photo of an older dyed version than a new one. Since these are synthetic fur, each bolt has to be dyed and sometimes the colors are a bit different from older orders.
sigad.png
21 Sep 2019, 7:51 am
if you're up for minky face the golden minky is more yellow but close to that color
https://www.fabric.com/buy/0343375/shannon-minky-solid-cuddle-3-gold

there may be a cuddle minky that is darker which is a bit easier to sew since it has more of a pile

Good luck!
xSRsBu0.pngnYno2vL.png