Share your favorite song ♡ (closed)

30 Aug 2019, 6:40 am (Edited 30 Aug 2019, 6:56 am)
I am feeling really passionate today so ill be holding a contest of sorts.
The main thing id like for you to do is share one song that really touched your heart, that you found very relatable, that speaks your life or just a song that you feel passionate for~

I will be awarding the top 10 songs on page 1, top 5 songs on page 2 and up to 3 song on page 3 if we make it that far with gifts. Please dont feel too bad if your song did not recieve a prize, the real gift is being able to share your passion in music with others.

The Gifts:
Page 1 TOP 3 will recieve: 250k FurCash +1 Mechanical Heart +1 Paintie Ticket
Page 1 Place 4-10 recieves: 100k FurCash +1 Mechanical Heart +10,000 Candycorn
Page 2 Top 3 will recieve: 150k FurCash +1 Mechanical Heart +5,000 Candycorn
Page 2 Place 4-5 recieves: 100k FurCash +1 Mechanical Heart +1,000 Candycorn
Page 3 Top 3 will recieve: 100k FurCash +1 Mechanical Heart + 5,000 Candycorn

the rating of the songs are purely arbitrary. This is not intended to be an accurate assessment of your favored song and it merely serves as a way to conduct the contest.
tenor.gif

30 Aug 2019, 7:03 am
Hmm.. I’ve always had a connection to this song.

POP/STARS - K/DA
Idk, it makes me feel happy ^^
#60102 ba9d1ab819989a9e065e9abe05f04dc7.gif +0 FV Time
|| Halloween is approaching... ||
30 Aug 2019, 7:05 am
One of my all-time favorite songs is Baby Mine by Alison Krauss! It hits very close to home and always brings tears to my eyes, the melody is so soft and hopeful and sweet. It has a good message and makes me feel calmer and safer, but this may just be my connection to the song.
yyh6w8vz64e0644bc499d62b2557401e81fa141a.pngyyh6w8vz
30 Aug 2019, 7:43 am
I absolutely love this song! ;;

If We Have Each Other - Alec Benjamin
30 Aug 2019, 7:59 am
Oof okay

We Were Lovers by Jean Jacques Burnel is a song that never fails to elicit a strong emotional connection in me, I don’t know how many times I’ve cried listening to this.

Originally heard it as the opening to Gankutsuou, which is a beautiful anime in itself, but it happened to come into my life at a time where I was really struggling with maintaining connections to people I cared about, as well as having a lot of self-depreciation and considering myself unworthy of friends anyway and yeah

TL;DR related to this song during a bad part of my life and it helped and I love it SO MUCH
16544773_qe2BXwfjqYUq1Xl.png

Toyhou.se | dA

gos6vOr.png✩ Jay | 25 | FtM | He/Him | FV+6 ✩mpJjHd6.png

yczsvuwk
Ping me for replies!

Sig Art by porcuMoose
30 Aug 2019, 8:19 am
So a song that has a really big connection to me is Blackbird by Alter Bridge. My step-dad and I loved bonding over metal music with Alter Bridge being one of our favourite bands. He passed away recently (just a few months ago), and I gravitated towards Blackbird because it's a song about loss. The lyrics resonate with me strongly, but the emotional connection of listening to a song from a band that we both loved so much makes me cry nearly every time I listen to it. It's a very bittersweet kind of feeling because I never want to forget the kinds of things we enjoyed listening to together.
30 Aug 2019, 8:25 am (Edited 30 Aug 2019, 8:27 am)
Monstrance Clock by Ghost.

I have a lot of favourite songs, but I saw them live last year and they close the show with this song. It was something else. Everytime I hear the song now, I'm back in the front row, soaked in the smell of frankincense and sweat, stupidly singing the wrong lyrics because im hoh and didn't look them up beforehand LOL. I know the right lyrics now, and I just get so mushy over this song. That line towards the start, "as the parish sighs in smoke" always makes me melt. I love his voice and I love this song because while it doesn't get as metal as the rest of their stuff, in my heart it goes hard as hell, haha. I just don't get over the feeling of being so close to one of my favourite bands. They were so good live and seeing them really made me appreciate this song on a whole 'nother level. I really struggle sometimes and my concerts are what keep me going. When I feel bad I remember what it was like to be there, and it reminds me I gotta stay long enough to do it again.

tl;dr ghost smacks and this song teleports me back to my concert every single time i hear it and i have a tattoo idea in the works specifically for this song
✰Roy/Parker✰20✰he/they
@ 40847 for ping
16241685_DXREZw9sdBKoQbh.png
30 Aug 2019, 8:27 am (Edited 30 Aug 2019, 8:40 am)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W1orzb9KpKU
This song is pretty important to me.
Yungblud's music is powerful and I would recommend it to anyone.

I know we're only supposed to put one song, but this one also means a lot to me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRFLvrBHI0E
Please ping me if you want me to be able to respond.
She/Her but I don't really care all that much.
30 Aug 2019, 8:37 am
A cover I just found yesterday and absolutely fell in love with was AJR’s Riptide (original by Vance Joy)! :’0 Jack’s voice is absolutely gorgeous in it, especially for the audio quality, haha...
another really good song of theirs is Netflix Trip, but I’m not entering that one, it’s just excellent!! X>
other-blue.gif
~by Cooler ~

1wgCe4X.png|| Art Shop || Toyhou.se ||pixel_flag___transgender_by_sweetlycanad
used to be xXSolsticeXx!
30 Aug 2019, 8:43 am
If I Killed Someone For You-
Alec Benjamin
30 Aug 2019, 8:44 am
I've always really liked Get Well Soon because I could relate to it, and it somehow motivated me. .,.
+14 FV time | She/Her | 2005
あなたのそばが、私のお気に入りの場所で

Winzeth.png
30 Aug 2019, 8:58 am
I really enjoy Russian and German music for some odd reason but i love this song!
Dizzie - She/Her - Demi

100806fbaa67c7e8b9d22f3dd9b876116ace71b7
30 Aug 2019, 9:08 am
issues - by Julia Michaels. This song is very dear to me cause we all have issues and so many people will instantly judge, and very few wont.
30 Aug 2019, 9:10 am
DNMO - Definition Forbidden (feat. Bijou Dream) is definitely up there with the best for me, I love the starting bit of it
If im trying to buy something from you and someone else buys it
Please!Tell me! Its kinda rude to not respond on matters like that :{
6dapo.gif dPtMM.gif
Icon by CrystallineSaltlick
30 Aug 2019, 9:14 am
.stage 4 fear of trying. by frank iero andthe cellabration has always hit me in a deep place since it came out. I've struggled with depression for most of my life and this song just personifies how bad it could be but how hard I was working to be able to continue forward.
31 Aug 2019, 1:36 am
This is probably up there on my all time favorite songs. It mostly speaks for itself, but amazing violin + electronic music and I'm sold.
1 Sep 2019, 8:30 pm
Ok participants and spectators, we are now closing for judging.
It may take a while to get the feel of the songs so bear with us
for the waiting period. ♡
tenor.gif
6 Sep 2019, 8:58 am
Thank you guys, gals and pals for waiting!
I got to admit i did not expect to see so much unique styles of music :^0

Most of you had such touching stories of why the song you shared was your favorite and it was very nice to see an insight to your tastes. Unfortunately since this was about sharing songs, i havent factored the stories into the giveaway.

Without more ado I would like to gift the Users:
paniic- , Snerd , Dara , Julian-S-Black , Heather27, ForeverFrosted & SteamJunkRian

Their:
○100k FC
○1 Mechanical Heart
&
○10,000 Candycorn

Since we didnt had enough songs to get to a second page id wanna give RGDPersonallity an honorable mention and 2 mechanical hearts.

For these next three users, i would really hope you enjoy their songs as much as i had. :^]

Vesker , Jamester & papaemeritus

I would like for you three to accept
○250k FC
○1 Mechanical Heart
&
○1 Paintie Ticket

Please allow up to 14 business days for processing & shipping for orders placed within the USA, and up to 4 weeks for international orders, due to possible delays through customs.
tenor.gif
6 Sep 2019, 9:00 am
Due to some technical difficulties, a participant cannot claim their gift. This gift will instead be transfered to the Giving Tree.
tenor.gif
6 Sep 2019, 9:03 am
;A; Thank you so much!
I'm glad you enjoyed the song sndmdm
Also thanks for hosting this bc I also got introduced to a lot of new music too looking through other entries ouo
16544773_qe2BXwfjqYUq1Xl.png

Toyhou.se | dA

gos6vOr.png✩ Jay | 25 | FtM | He/Him | FV+6 ✩mpJjHd6.png

yczsvuwk
Ping me for replies!

Sig Art by porcuMoose
6 Sep 2019, 9:10 am
oh gosh thank you so much aaa!! ;;

i agree, this was super fun!! i got to listen to a bunch of music i normally wouldn't even think of, and it was really interesting to see what everyone shared!! i really liked a few (and might have added one or two to my playlist !!)
6 Sep 2019, 10:21 am
AssuredBriefHummingbird-size_restricted.
Ha ha heh ehh.... Theres more difficulties on my end. My poor phone cannot withstand loading 10,000 Candycorn.
I hope you wont feel too down for a 100,000 FC compensation in place of the 10,000 candycorn kernals.
If you are not satisfied with this arrangement, please send one AngryRoot to User 56923 to receive an additional item :^]
tenor.gif
6 Sep 2019, 10:26 am (Edited 6 Sep 2019, 10:34 am)
thank you <3

I would also like to offer you this awesome album
[ALBUM STREAM] Rotteen - Monarch of Death Rave

(Im sorry, I never get to show anybody the stuff I listen to ovO" )
If im trying to buy something from you and someone else buys it
Please!Tell me! Its kinda rude to not respond on matters like that :{
6dapo.gif dPtMM.gif
Icon by CrystallineSaltlick
6 Sep 2019, 3:47 pm
YesMan Wow!!! Thank you so much dude :D I love getting to share my music with people so this was a nice thread :')
✰Roy/Parker✰20✰he/they
@ 40847 for ping
16241685_DXREZw9sdBKoQbh.png