tumblr_nm29rePlLB1s37q0ko4_r1_400.gif
28 Sep 2019, 6:36 pm
friendly bump!
Vista by: kroevolkture

my adopt shop

My ART
shop
28 Sep 2019, 6:46 pm
I can't afford to commission you, but I do understand the whole social anxiety thing especially with interviews since I've been doing those to try and get my first job. It's very uncomfortable :( I hope you can get yourself off the ground with this!

Please let me know about all insect/arachnid adoptables <3
28 Sep 2019, 6:55 pm
Chroma thank you for the friendly bump!

shortyginger thank you! i have another interview soon, but i would still love to be able to prove the point that at least some money can be made from doing something you enjoy to do!
1 Oct 2019, 8:24 am
bump!
2 Oct 2019, 8:35 am
bump!
3 Oct 2019, 12:10 pm
buuuump!
3 Oct 2019, 4:34 pm
bump!
10 Oct 2019, 9:09 am
bump!
11 Oct 2019, 5:07 pm
bump!
11 Oct 2019, 6:00 pm
Firstly, what a hurtful thing for your parents to have said to you. Honestly! D:

Secondly, whether you know it or not, opening a thread like this is a big step forward for an artistic career. It takes courage to step out into the world like this; I know it's far outside the bounds of my own comfort zone! But you understand the value and worth your time and skill have, and you're able to commit to finishing a workload. As you keep drawing, you'll keep improving, and the future will seem ever brighter.

I'm also very happy to see that you have (had?) another job interview. It doesn't mean that you're giving up on art, and it certainly doesn't mean that your parents win. It means that you're strong enough to keep trying, even if you're scared or nervous. You can do it! I believe in you! :D

THIRDly... I'm working on a ref sheet right now, for the first time in a long time, so I can finally commission some art. XD If you're okay with drawing dragons, I'll likely have it done either today or tomorrow.
(also, the last time i used paypal to pay someone was... 7? years ago so please be patient with me. bwahahaha)
ysnl6fJ.png
11 Oct 2019, 6:04 pm
[Bump]

Youre art is amazing and I really hope to commission you sometime soon! I will try to be back. Good luck!
11 Oct 2019, 7:30 pm (Edited 11 Oct 2019, 7:31 pm)
WildPhoenix thank you so much! the interview didn't go too well but i'm working on getting more! it's very reassuring to hear you say that it doesn't mean my parents win, it makes me feel a lot better about it. :)

also im totally fine with dragons! just letting you know it might take a while, especially since i'm not so adept with them as i'd like to be, and i would really love to get it as great as i can! it also depends on if you mean anthro/feral - anthro won't take as long, but it'll take a bit longer than, say, a rabbit or a pony anthro, haha.

GraffitiThedoggo thank you for the bump! i look forward to seeing you back here eventually! ^^
11 Oct 2019, 8:11 pm
Ah, well. That's just one interview. Remember too, it only takes a single success. ;)

Yay! :D He's more anthro than feral I'd say, but I don't mind if you draw him full-anthro. I don't mind a wait, either. After all, you're waiting on me right now!
ysnl6fJ.png
11 Oct 2019, 8:19 pm
WildPhoenix that's so nice of you! i hope it's ok that i don't start until late tuesday; i'm visiting my grandma for the time off i have from school because i dont get to see her often! im already looking at some references to use for body structure, and figuring out how to incorporate it into human-esque anatomy as well ^^ you're very kind for being able to wait <3 i just want to make sure you get the best quality art i can do!
11 Oct 2019, 9:38 pm
That's perfectly fine! And I hope you have fun at your grandma's place! :D You sound excited, so she sounds cool~

You're already putting a lot of effort into this art, and I really appreciate it. If you have questions for me, or want an opinion on how to adapt his design to more humanoid anatomy or anything, just ask. Worst case - we puzzle through to the answer together! haha
ysnl6fJ.png
11 Oct 2019, 10:12 pm
WildPhoenix that's so nice, thank you! i love being able to interact with the people im doing commissions for, it's nice to go through some of the process and make sure that the person im doing the work for is just as pleased with my work as i am!
12 Oct 2019, 9:03 am
bump!
12 Oct 2019, 10:49 am (Edited 12 Oct 2019, 10:54 am)
Yee!

When I was way more active... everywhere, I used to stop by art streams all the time. Being so engaged with the artist and their process was so much fun! I almost never even asked for anything, but I sometimes got little doodles as byproducts of our conversations. Those little spur-of-the-moment drawings mean a lot to me. They exemplify what I love most about art; they are a pure expression of emotion from the heart. ^v ^

kinda wish i knew how to set up a stream lol

As for being on topic (ov o; haha), I'm making good headway on my ref. It should be done today, if I don't get distracted~ The derg I'll ask you to draw is represented by my current active villager. There's a brief overview of his personality on his page, and when it's done, I'll put a link to his ref sheet in there too.
ysnl6fJ.png
12 Oct 2019, 10:54 am (Edited 12 Oct 2019, 10:54 am)
WildPhoenix i used to do instagram streams/lives to try to gain more traction as an art account but nobody was really liking what i drew unless it was stuff from fandoms - mostly eddsworld at the time, and it got really disheartening so i dropped art for a while. to have someone like you, just one person like you, at my lives/streams, that would've kept me going! you're so sweet, it's kind of crazy, i wish we could have interacted sooner! having someone like you in my life would've been great when i went through that period of my life! to be honest though, my art wasn't all too good so it's understandable that nobody was really into my art, haha
12 Oct 2019, 11:50 am
I'm trying to figure out twitch right now. It's not going so hot. haha

Y'know, I've heard that same thing from industry artists - their most popular pieces from before they're hired into a studio (and sometimes even after!) are usually fanart. A lot of people just stick to what they like. Kinda makes it difficult for original content to get off the ground. :V

Well, hey, we can hang out now, right? :D It hurts to look back on things and wish for them to be different. It hurts more than the original wound, I think. But things are different now, as things always change. Be careful not to put too much weight on the past, and those aching what-ifs and wishes. Doing so might take all your attention from the present, and distract from the good that's happening now.

The quality of an idea is not dependent on the technical skill with which it has been expressed. Someone who can't even draw a straight line can have the most amazing ideas, and that is what art truly is - the idea. Drawing is the skill which which we have chosen to represent our art; it is what can be practiced and refined. The most simple and the best definition of art is: expression. There are no "wrong" ways to express oneself. No more or less valid feelings. From wherever the emotions came which inspired your art - a desire for friendship, proclaiming to the world what your favorite animal is, something you'd like to see, etc. - it was beautiful.

If it's any reassurance, sometimes negative emotions can be beautiful too. My own personal favorite emotions are, "bittersweet," and, "melancholy." In moderation, of course. haha When I see something that captures those feelings, it moves me more deeply than anything else.
ysnl6fJ.png
12 Oct 2019, 12:32 pm
WildPhoenix you're totally right on all accounts! im not always so good at responding, but i'd love to keep talking to you! you seem really friendly and fun, and i really wanna get to know you better! my favorite emotions to draw are the more positive ones, but i also like to draw ethereal beings - like vishnu, though i've never drawn exactly them - just the idea of a beautiful, four-armed, god-like being, you know? i live to figure out placement and anatomy for extra limbs, haha
12 Oct 2019, 10:52 pm
bump!
13 Oct 2019, 12:10 am
Yeee~ likewise! I'm usually crazy shy so it's a toss-up if I even reply at all. I've really enjoyed chatting with you though~

I getcha - etherials really inspire a certain, unique kind of awe, don't they? If you ever feel like sharing a few of your designs, I'd love to see! :D

Speaking of designs, Corvus' ref sheet is done! It doesn't have the greatest layout, but it gets the point across. :y
Just tell me when, and I'll send it right over.
ysnl6fJ.png
13 Oct 2019, 12:15 am
WildPhoenix oh i'd love to see! getting to share my designs with other people is the fun part of it, other than drawing them and like, developing them, i think! my main ocs i use are all pink, so there's not much of a palette diversity owo;