thoughts on otherkin and therians

23 Oct 2019, 6:46 pm (Edited 23 Oct 2019, 7:15 pm)
heyyyy furvilla... so I've been doing some research into otherkin and therians and I can kinda connect to them, so what do you guys think? and if you happen to be one, mind giving me tips to get involved? i.e finding my animal. I feel most connected to a mammal like animal with wings to be specific a horned predatory one, but I'm not sure. any help would be appreciated, feel free to dm me for one on one tips or if you don't want everyone to know. thanks sorry for the weird topic.

23 Oct 2019, 6:53 pm (Edited 23 Oct 2019, 6:53 pm)
I'm bad at advice so here's some winged mammals;
Peryton- winged deer
Gryphon- half bird half feline
Winged wolves- these probably have a species name I don't know
Wolpertiger- body of a squirrel, head of a rabbit, antlers, and wings of a pheasant
Bats- pretty basic, these aren't mythological
Hippogryph- half horse half bird
Pegasus- winged horse
Manticore- lion with bat wings and a scorpion tail
That's all for now.
23 Oct 2019, 6:56 pm
I thought of a tip, try searching for Werelist or Kinmunity
23 Oct 2019, 6:58 pm
Kitsune21 thanks
23 Oct 2019, 7:12 pm
I guess I got it pretty easy, since I'm wolfkin and they're a pretty popular animal. I grew up so attached to them and used to tell kids I was a wolf when I was 12. It's just a part of me at this point lmao. I'd say if you have tumblr you can always find kin blogs to follow on there, or just the tags (i follow the demonkin tag). I'm sure you could follow the tags on instagram, too. I'd do research on any animals or creatures you feel really connected to and just see which one tugs at you instinctually. For me, it's just always been easy to see myself as a wolf, in my mannerisms and my imagination. Whichever creature has that "love-at-first-sight" feeling has always seemed like it to me.

I don't know if any of that made sense XD
✰Anarchy✰21✰he/they/it✰
@ 40847 for ping ✰ taken ✰ icon by Paulie
⬇for my commissions thread ✰✰✰ for song name game thread⬇
rgbe7pay7ok2o2evpabtkg
carrd
23 Oct 2019, 8:19 pm
Hey there, therian here. I don't know about winged creatures but I've always strongly related to wolves (my first sona was one) and cats (big, small, pretty much anything except cheetahs). I've always respected these animals, researched them, and generally tried to learn more about them. I was always excited to find new art or news about them, and I even had a dream once that I was a wolf. It felt very surreal and I remember being upset that it was just a dream and not reality. As for cats, I grew up with them (one of them literally guarded my crib) and have always been referred to by my mom as the "cat whisperer." I'm not an animal behaviorist, I just really understand my cats. I always know what they're feeling and it's super comforting and relaxing to be in the room with one.

I've never been in a kin community though. My experience has been 99% my own. There are some wolf therians that wear tails and go howling in the woods and growl in public and like...I don't...That's not me, I suppose. It's also a little weird? I think that's part of why kin have such a bad rep from those that bark/meow/etc. in public because...well, you know. Now it's totally fine if you do that on your own or with friends. But be careful if you "act feral" in public because that'll draw unwanted attention. And you don't need a kin community to be kin. Just join one as like an extra tidbit, just for the fun of it. That's my advice because joining a community like that and throwing your whole identity into it could backfire if you end up not liking it. So baby steps until you're sure.

There's Dragonfeather on Youtube (I think that's still her name, I could be wrong), she's a dragon therian and a pagan. She talks about dreaming about being a dragon and doing dragon magic, she has some dragon statues and has some videos about her, I guess, dragon heritage? Spiritual heritage? I don't know if that would be helpful for you but it helped me.
17718009_gBy2gP2JgrZvxVh.png
23 Oct 2019, 8:38 pm
CarolinaSockeye hey thanks, regarding making animal noises in public, I do that, not on purpose though. my brains literal automatic response is to hiss or growl and bare my teeth if I don't trust something or really hate it
23 Oct 2019, 8:39 pm
Oh mood, I'm grown and I STILL find myself curling my lips when someone makes me mad and I wanna show my teeth at them. I've learned to turn it into a yawn to try and hide it LOL.
17718009_gBy2gP2JgrZvxVh.png