'More Villagers' Widget Suggestion

2 Nov 2019, 5:57 pm (Edited 2 Nov 2019, 6:40 pm)
I want to propose a change to how the 'more villagers' sidebar widget works that would improve the experience of having more than 10-11 active workers, and would also allow users to arrange villagers on their profiles more with looks in mind instead of having to put active workers first.

Essentially, I am proposing that the database should keep track of an extra value regarding villagers: a boolean that controls whether or not the villager is displayed in the sidebar widget. It could be set by the value of a checkbox added to the drag and drop villager display order, and its value would be updated when you update the order of villagers on your profile.

(messy) example mock-up:
ieVI6b.png
result (this assumes that i left all of my other villagers unchecked):
ieVZz7.png

• The display order would be dependent on how you have ordered villagers on your profile.

• An extra setting like this would be more complicated to implement, but perhaps another checkbox setting could be added under the sidebar section in user settings that would instead give you the option to have 'more villagers' order checked villagers by active career (ordering villagers within each career group by id number/alphabetically by name/etc, basically whatever the programmer thinks would be best), with jobless villagers placed at the end.

• Your active (if checked) would simply not be displayed in 'more villagers' until they are inactive, like how it works currently.

• Finally, if no villagers are checked it could just use the existing code and show only the first 9-10 villagers on your profile instead of being empty.

I just love the convenience of the 'more villagers' widget, and I'd really like the ability to show more than 9-10 villagers in the sidebar and also have a little more freedom regarding arranging villagers for my profile.

Thanks for reading!
izYxle.gif

2 Nov 2019, 6:13 pm
Second this. I disabled that sidebar because I like categorizing by species on my profile. I have my Villagers page completely organized by careers to use that instead, but I still have to do a bit of scrolling since I have 97 villagers...

Please let me know about all insect/arachnid adoptables <3

sig.gif
9 Nov 2019, 1:34 pm
Third, because I came to suggestions just now literally to make a suggestion like this, and saw this :P

Earning a worker coupon is a lot of work and/or FD, using extra workers can be made easier for those who achieve/purchase it! Plus have more/less villagers is a great organizational improvement.
9 Nov 2019, 1:44 pm
Support! I don't exactly have many villagers, but having to scroll around to find the ones I need it inconvenient lol. It would be so much easier to have my warrior, cook, and AH all in one spot without having to mess with the order I have my villagers in.
❊|| She/Her | Pisces | FlightRising ||❊
14343955_Z1Vrtg02Kc87Vbn.gif
17 Nov 2019, 8:44 pm
This would be fantastic!
Checklist
✦ lvl up warrior
✦ participate in the feast
✦ stop collecting minipets
✦ only collect specific items i actually like
✦ sell explore items in stall or invoinvo
Current Stats
✦ FC 3m+