Art advice?

3 Nov 2019, 9:52 am
Soo, Im looking for some art advice

I don't really know what kind of advice im looking for

so just anything would help

whether it be Anatomy, materials, free digital art programs, anything

examples, for anyone needing to tell what it is I would need to improve https://www.deviantart.com/seafoamthedutchie
"So what you're saying is you're a narcissist. Ah, got it :)"- Garnet
Garnet ⸸ They/He FV+1
I love plague doctors and creepy shit a lil too much-
I also like doing arts hehe check out my commissions or smthn

DM ME IF YOU DO CSS COMS PLEASE!!!
pangolotls_banner.png?width=400&height=1

3 Nov 2019, 9:56 am
Well, on anatomy, I recommend Stan Prokopenko videos at youtube and refferences for figure drawing from line-of-action.com
3 Nov 2019, 10:17 am
Alekzy said:
Well, on anatomy, I recommend Stan Prokopenko videos at youtube and refferences for figure drawing from line-of-action.com
i'll try those, thanks...I already tried a a few of the figure drawing refs a while back, but i'll try to get back to that
"So what you're saying is you're a narcissist. Ah, got it :)"- Garnet
Garnet ⸸ They/He FV+1
I love plague doctors and creepy shit a lil too much-
I also like doing arts hehe check out my commissions or smthn

DM ME IF YOU DO CSS COMS PLEASE!!!
pangolotls_banner.png?width=400&height=1
3 Nov 2019, 10:19 am
Don't give up, perfect practice is key :3
3 Nov 2019, 10:32 am
Pretty much just do lots of practice! Look at art that you like and draw style inspiration, find some high rated tutorials, look for somewhere that offers life drawing sessions and live models! Try not to just draw from pictures all the time because drawing from like and pictures are two very different things. Even if you're not drawing humans, doing live drawing sessions can help you learn to capture the flow of a body and understand how objects work in a 3d space. Tip: When drawing from life, don't just look at the subject, look at the negative space around them to see if your art has that same space and therefore, is accurate.

My portfolio is at https://ccampb30.myportfolio.com/ but I haven't updated in in a little while so those works are from 2017-2018 is and they aren't my favorites, but figured I'd drop a link here so you know I've got some experience :)
3 Nov 2019, 10:37 am (Edited 3 Nov 2019, 10:39 am)
In my opinion, the most important skill to have when drawing is to be able to think of your subject as a 3D object. Or... a bunch of 3D objects! Lemme explain:

You might've heard that everything can be broken down into simple shapes, right? Well, I like to think of it the other way around. Everything can be made from simple shapes! Instead of thinking solely about the silhouette of your subject (its "outline") and tracing around that, try to build an object like you're forming it out of clay. Make some shapes, then stack them on top of each other.

Here's a site, drawabox.com, that has some fantastic lessons that might be helpful. Specifically, this exercise starts to explain what I'm talking about. Now, I haven't actually done many of the exercises myself, but even just reading the lessons and watching the videos has helped me immensely!

Hope this helps, but most importantly, have fun! :D
Zoids 4 Life
nZYRlA5.png