Installing Wacom Drivers?

12 Dec 2019, 5:56 pm
so,I have a wacom intuos tablet that I just got a new pen for,the only problem is the fact that the laptop I use(given to me by my school) doesn't allow me to install mostly anything,even if it's to a flash drive.(it's really weird with what it does and doesn't allow,which I don't get) I've attempted to install the drivers to my flash drive using a library PC,but to no avail.(it installed to the PC instead and there was no way to change the installation route)
was wondering if anyone here knew a way for me to get my drivers installed/working on my flash drive-
tumblr_ori92sJNj31umodnno1_540.png

12 Dec 2019, 5:59 pm
SpaceWendigo
If you have a portable hard drive try installing it on there and see if the tablet works when you plug the hard drive into your laptop
12 Dec 2019, 6:02 pm
Uendo
I don't have a portable hard drive,unfortunately ;w;
12 Dec 2019, 6:09 pm
SpaceWendigo
That's too bad, I don't know what else to suggest that doesn't involve trying to re-install the entire OS of the laptop to reset any settings they put on there
12 Dec 2019, 6:11 pm
Uendo
Thanks for your help anyways~
I'll start looking around for a portable hard drive uwu
12 Dec 2019, 6:45 pm (Edited 12 Dec 2019, 6:47 pm)
SpaceWendigo
Edit: Oops misread the pen part, apologies! Wish you luck with trying to figure out the issue ;w;
Minor (17) | She/Her | +1 FVT
18226000_VeaEYv1jRZYkQnd.png
-------------------------------------------------
Poke me if I still haven't answered you as I'm very forgetful!
-------------------------------------------------
Icon ©1lach on CS - Sig ©Enchanted_skies
12 Dec 2019, 7:18 pm
Hello SpaceWendigo !

If the laptop was provided to you and does not allow you to install things, even to a flash drive, that may be because you do not have administrator permissions on that laptop. Other fancy settings may also prevent this as well, and prevent you from accessing certain files. This is very annoying to you as a user, but sometimes very important for the security of the device in an organization like a school. This is because they don't want you to install software to the laptop that isn't approved by your school. Even if it's nice and helpful software, like drivers for your tablet, it's better to be safe and block all software they don't know anything about.

Also, when certain software installs itself, like the drivers for your tablet, it may do other things than just copying some files! It may register itself as a service to start automatically when Windows loads up, so that your tablet is always ready to go as soon as you turn on your computer, or it may write registry settings that hold all of your preferences for the software and stuff. Even if you did install it to a thumb drive, it may cause problems, because the flash drive does not have these things (the registry, or services). Those are tied to your operating system, so if you unplug your flash drive and try and use those drivers on another computer, it may not work properly or have your settings.

In short, you may not be able to do this! I am very sorry, but I would suggest installing the drivers on a different computer you may have, if available.
14 Dec 2019, 6:04 am (Edited 14 Dec 2019, 6:04 am)
I would suggest asking the IT guys at your school to install the tablet driver onto your laptop. Barring that, I don't think there's any way around the block
jhdUcrV.gif
__• FV for FR
__• art shop