Help me reprice my art!

13 Dec 2019, 11:27 pm
Mk so I've had multiple ppl tell me my prices are to low in my art shop - so could I get a little help pls? ;-;
here's the shop with the current prices (plz don't post)
I'll need a few suggestions then I'll round it out to a few final prices <3
Just tell me what you'd pay! (if you could do a list of everything with a price in the shop that would be super helpful aa)
Lol and here's some Examples of my art~

Thanks!
skies_banner.png
~adopts~ ~Toyhouse~ ~art shop~
i'm a massive dork!!!
amazing icon by TheBoxDweller

14 Dec 2019, 12:14 am
<reserved for my notes>
Please post even if you have no clue! I really need help aaaa
skies_banner.png
i'm a massive dork!!!
14 Dec 2019, 1:02 am (Edited 14 Dec 2019, 1:05 am)
Enchanted_skies I think you could easily times all your prices by 2. You might still get a a few bites at 5X

If we're talking about prices closer to real life currency, I'd say times 10 but not many people on FV can afford that

All in all, what you set your prices at should only depend on what you're comfortable with (and what others say doesn't matter). If you just like drawing for the sake of drawing, just stay with your current prices.
jhdUcrV.gif
__• FV for FR
__• art shop
14 Dec 2019, 5:51 am
Enchanted_skies
thanks! i'll increase them a tad bit once i get a few more opinions <3
skies_banner.png
i'm a massive dork!!!
15 Dec 2019, 4:27 pm
<3
skies_banner.png
i'm a massive dork!!!
16 Dec 2019, 11:55 am
boop!
skies_banner.png
i'm a massive dork!!!
16 Dec 2019, 12:17 pm
When pricing your art, it's important to consider the following:
- How long it takes you to make (keep in mind your local hourly minimum wage as a base reference)
- How much effort you put into each piece (difference between sketches, doodles, and full detail especially)
- How high of a skill level you consider yourself
- How busy you are compared to how high the demand for your art is
And unfortunately, there is one last thing to keep in mind that pertains to selling your art on FurVilla: Unless there's massive demand for your art, you're likely going to end up underpricing in order to make sales here, especially if you try and sell for USD (but FV currency too).

What I'd recommend is taking all of the above into consideration and doing a PWYW shop with a set minimum that you feel is fair. If after a few days, weeks, however long you're comfortable trying it out, and there's little interest, bump down the minimum price and try again. If there's a decent amount of interest, bump up the minimum price.

This method should work even if you don't do a PWYW shop, the key being experimenting with your prices and finding a good middle between what you want to get for your art and what people are willing to pay.
To help Alekzy in a time of need!
~~~~~><~~~~~
touch_the_fishy_resized_by_lstheninjakit
1hr behind FV time
16 Dec 2019, 12:51 pm
LSTheNinjaKitten
this is super helpful thank you!! :D
skies_banner.png
i'm a massive dork!!!