FV Roleplay: Where the Woods Led (Open)

11 Jan 2020, 5:56 pm (Edited 29 Jan 2020, 3:48 pm)
I am subscribed, so no need to ping!

I was missing roleplaying here, and I need motivation to write for my characters, so I thought that I might as well set up a RP. I used to have one a while ago, but it was abandoned because I didn't have time to take care of it. Hoping that doesn't happen with this one.

Rules:

Hate the character, not the player.
No humans, but humanoids (like demons) are allowed.
If characters aren't villagers, link to their Toyhou.se/an image of them. Descriptions will also work.
Please no one-sentence/extremely short responses.
No form is required, so go ahead and have fun!

Overview:

This is a RP where you can interact with villagers from my village. It may be a bit spooky, since the village is located in some rather dangerous woods. Life-long relationships can and will be formed, fights can break out, blood might even be spilled, and something lurks around every corner. You can choose what villager you interact with (or I will choose one at random), and you can decide whether or not you want the events of the roleplay to be canon in my villagers' lore. But remember, in this place, even the most normal looking villagers may carry horrible secrets…

Lore about village/characters that has been created/found out:
WiP
w18twKK.png

11 Jan 2020, 5:58 pm
Characters that are busy:
Aka, characters that I'm already roleplaying with.

(the rest of this post is reserved)
w18twKK.png
11 Jan 2020, 5:59 pm
You had thought Dragonsmaw Manor was the worst it could get, provided it’s terrifying monsters and spooky atmosphere. But that was nothing compared to these woods, with shadowed pine trees that towered over you. The moon was bright, but you could barely see in front of you. Suddenly, you find yourself at a split in the woods, and you spy a small village through the mist. Though the lights banish the gloom, something feels off about the village…. So will you take your chances in the forest, or go down to the village, where a whole new adventure awaits you?

And we're open!
w18twKK.png
11 Jan 2020, 6:48 pm
*headbutts*
w18twKK.png
12 Jan 2020, 8:05 am
*jabs*
w18twKK.png
12 Jan 2020, 11:32 am
Bump
w18twKK.png
13 Jan 2020, 7:08 pm
I would like to join!

My villager is named Brownie :)
PkLyOBa.png
13 Jan 2020, 7:54 pm
while a caravan raced through the woods of dragonsmaw a large rotting canine lurched though the open window of his cart, crashing into the ground below. In the time it took for him to process this change, the snaking caravan had vanished as the wyverns continued their mad dash. Four unfocused eyes glowed in the darkness as the wretched beast shambled through (and into) the towering pines and torward the eventual glow of the village.
(poor guy fell out during zoomies)
me, tiny wyverns in a trenchcoat!?? no, that's silly
49696540812_f829adf99b_h.jpg
icon art by annecahi
13 Jan 2020, 9:30 pm
Hearing something, a small ferret creeped out to investigate.
She called an anxious, "Hello?"
A soft grumble came from a beast on the path. Surprised, she stood there, and when the canine continued on, she followed after it.
PkLyOBa.png
13 Jan 2020, 10:39 pm (Edited 14 Jan 2020, 6:10 am)
Feenix
Hey! I would love to roleplay with you! Did you have a specific villager of mine that you wanted to rp with, or should I just choose a random one (most likely Elaric, or Mutt or Shoma)?
w18twKK.png
13 Jan 2020, 10:50 pm
Joey-wyvern
(I'm just gonna choose a random character, let me know if you had a specific one in mind)
Hakka, being a creature of the wild, was often bored when he had eaten his fill. Hunting became redundant after a while, and although the hydra would have enjoyed playing his violin at this time, he may or may not have accidentally snapped one of the strings. That left the only hope for entertainment Hakka had left was placed in companionship. Hakka didn't want to wake Tweedle up, and he didn't feel like bothering any of the more monstrous denizens that the woods held. Hakka knew for a fact that Kaligari would have all three of his heads if he even dared to mess with Flesh again, and Chester could be scary when angered. Perhaps he could go visit Godiva, and that odd little creature that she worked with. Well, maybe after a quick walk. With a huff, Hakka left his cave to explore the forest that made up the outskirts of Silverflecked Village.
w18twKK.png
13 Jan 2020, 11:40 pm
( I didn't have anyone in mind, I just literally threw him out there)
Zak stumbled as his four eyes wandered in different directions, only one remained on the puzzling source of light. He stood frozen as the rusted gears in his mind began to turn. Light..... light.... what did it mean again? The second and third eyes locked onto the village as his stomach growled. Light meant.... people and people meant.... FOOD! The fourth eye began to focus on the light when a movement grabbed its attention.
(bear in mind that any response or thought from him will be very, very slooow and simple.)
icon art by annecahi
14 Jan 2020, 6:09 am
Well, maybe Hakka wouldn’t have to worry about picking a fight with a zombie from the village. As it appeared, there seemed to be some zombie mutt already lurking around the woods. The hydra was not surprised— these woods always held creatures like that. Meaning that it most likely wouldn’t be protected by Rain. Hakka began running, sailing over the forest floor in leaping bounds. His three noses were all trained on the same scent. It didn’t take long before the stumbling creature finally came into view. Something suddenly compelled him to stop, and he skidded to a halt, just on the edge of the zombie mutt’s view.
w18twKK.png
14 Jan 2020, 7:01 pm
Joey-wyvern
I forgot to ping ffs
w18twKK.png
14 Jan 2020, 8:11 pm
A flash of… brown flickered at the edge of the Zombie’s view. Brown??? Had brown been there before?
“Brrrrn?” He growled quietly.
Instinctively, the beast's ears and nose twitched frantically to locate this… this brown thing……. Nothing…. Nothing…. Something?..... Something!! Something ...maybe meaty, like food. The zombie turned toward the faint scent as all four eyes rapidly locked onto the large, brown…. multi-headed thing. The zombie paused for a moment. What where many heads called again? Hi…Hydra! Shaking his head the Zombie struck at the hydra with his bladed arm.
icon art by annecahi
15 Jan 2020, 6:31 am
Joey-wyvern
Hakka could see the thing now. It was green and black and rotting, with four sickly yellow eyes that rolled in their sockets. There were glints of metal on its form, and Hakka could see a metal jaw, an odd prosthetic leg, and what looked to be a cross between a sword and a hook connected to one of its arms in the place of a hand. The most jarring thing was the hole in its chest, exposing bone and sinew alike. Hakka sniffed the air— wolf? No, mutt, probably male. Hakka was snapped out of his thoughts when the lumbering beast gave a growl and charged towards him, Hakka recoiled just enough so that the blade carved across his chest, deep enough to draw blood but not deep enough to strike anything important. Hakka growled angrily, six red eyes shining in the darkness. He flapped his embarrassingly tiny wings in an attempt to intimidate the zombified canine. If this was how he wanted to make an impression, then so be it. Hakka jumped back as to avoid receiving another hit from that angle. He then darted to the side, and started circling Zak at a fast speed. His plan was to disorientate the canine enough to make him dizzy, possibly fall, and then Hakka could pounce on him.
w18twKK.png
16 Jan 2020, 12:15 am
The zombie drooled as the faint, savory metallic scent filled his nostrils. Ignoring the... hydra... He slowly lifted his bladed arm towards gaping jaws exhaling hot, breath tainted by the scent of death and decay. As he greedily licked the fresh liquid off the blade Zak stared intently at the hydra… what… what is it doing? His eyes narrowed as… its wings… failed to fly? Was… was it trying to... flee? As the hydra darted around him, Zak’s eyes began to loose focus as he stood rooted to the spot. That movement… familiar… was it trying… trying to hunt him?
“Hunt?” He asked, tilting his head causing his eyes to roll lazily down.
(ack, word online doesn't wanna work)
icon art by annecahi
16 Jan 2020, 12:05 pm
Joey-wyvern
Hakka scowled when the zombie mutt licked the fresh blood off of its bladed arm. That explained the motivation for attacking him then— it was hungry. Hakka wondered if there was a way to resolve this peacefully. Maybe it would be fine with food that was already dead, or perhaps some wild monsters and minipets onstead? But if it desired the blood of sentient villagers, then Hakka would do what he must. He smirked to himself when the zombie canine’s eyes began to roll in their sockets, drifting downwards to gaze at the first floor. The zombie canine did not move from where it stood— perhaps this was Hakka’s chance. Once he was behind Zak, he stopped abruptly and dug his feet into the ground, pivoting his body and lunging at the zombie. His claws dig into the fur and skin of the zombie canine’s back as Hakka latched onto him with all of his strength— if Zak was unsteady enough due to Hakka’s efforts, then he should fall rather than through the hydra off.
w18twKK.png
16 Jan 2020, 2:48 pm (Edited 16 Jan 2020, 2:50 pm)
What...just happened? He had been looking at the ground and now the world spun rapidly as a mass of green and brown grew larger until it filled his vision. Musty air forcefully exited from the long rotted lungs. Unaware of the large claws piercing his flesh, Zak glanced about for the hydra… his prey… only to find ants crawling over the blades of grass. It disappeared again?! Right as his muscles must have collapsed again. Grunting, the zombie began to brace himself against the forest floor… he couldn’t move?! He whined in confusion as yet again he failed to rise, perhaps his rotting structure finally fell apart. unable to do anything but vocalize, Zak huffed frantically.
icon art by annecahi
17 Jan 2020, 6:34 am
Joey-wyvern
Hakka didn’t move as he sat on top of the zombie canine, wondering what it would do. It didn’t seem to realize that the hydra was sitting on its back. Maybe it couldn’t feel his claws. Hakka’s three heads bobbed and stared down at the zombie canine with a twinge of curiosity. His claws shuffled and dug into the rotting flesh, the behavior almost catlike. The hydra chuckled when the canine let out a whine. It definitely didn’t know that there was something on its back, perhaps it had come to the conclusion that it’s rotting body had finally collapsed under its own weight. Hakka decided to let the mutt know that he was there, if out of mild amusement for its plight. The middle head lowered down in front of the mutt’s muzzle, upside down and staring at the zombie canine with red eyes. “Can... you... understand... me?” he asked, voice slow. He didn’t know how fast the mutt’s mind was, and didn’t want to risk miscommunication.
w18twKK.png
17 Jan 2020, 2:49 pm
A sinking feeling began to slowly fill the zombie’s gut as he realized that… that he was vulnerable. What would happen now?... worms could eat him now…. The cycle could finally be complete… but, he didn’t want to go yet. There was so much tender flesh yet to be sampled! As, his ears flopped down he suddenly came face to face with the very beast he had been tangling with… well the… the… upside down face of the hydra. The brown hydra. Aseach eye focused on the… hydra he became aware of more and more details. Brown was indeed the main color but the snout… it had stripes of different colors. A reddish brown covered the end followed by… a darker version and… grey?? Beige?? Yeah, beige was the color!
“Can... you... understand... me?” it asked.
He stared blankly as the fanged mouth in his face opened and closed. One of his eyes rolled as the question rattled about his mind and his ears perked back up.
“Y...yes..” Zak answered after a few minutes.
icon art by annecahi
18 Jan 2020, 3:47 pm
Joey-wyvern
Hakka waited patiently for an answer. He was usually a brash fellow, but he couldn't help but feel pity for the zombie mutt. It seemed quite distressed. Hakka's nonexistent ears perked up when the canine responded. It had been a few minutes, and the hydra had been contemplating on whether or not he should just kill the canine. "Kill" as in rip each limb from the main body and scatter them around the forest. But, the thing was sentient. Hakka lifted his head back up and out of view of the mutt, pressing his heads together as he deliberated upon his next move. If he spoke slowly, perhaps some questions wouldn't hurt. "What... is your... name?" he asked. It pained him to speak so languidly, but there really wasn't another option. "Where... do you... come from? Are... you... hungry? What... do you... like to... eat?" Hakka was hoping that the canine would include something non-senitent, like cake or hotdogs, in that answer to his last question.
w18twKK.png
19 Jan 2020, 10:47 pm
The zombie glanced up when the hydra’s head… dissapeared. Where… was it?... was it on him?.... If so that would mean…. Zak’s ears perked back up and his tail slowly wagged. It..It meant he wasn’t going to…. Going to…. Be stuck forever! He paused to listen to this hydra.
“I… i am…. Zak.” the zombie answered, attempting to turn his head back to look at the hydra.
Another few minutes passed.
“I…. fell out… i… want… flesh, Flesh!” Zak answered.
With a huff the bladed of his arm slowly unearthed it self as he began to roll over…. This hydra seemed okay. His sore covered tongue rolled out of his mouth as his tail thumped against the ground rapidly.
icon art by annecahi
27 Jan 2020, 8:33 pm (Edited 27 Jan 2020, 8:33 pm)
Hey, I would love to join if possible, I'll be using Kusetsu if that's okay^^
Any villager will be all good!
------------------------------------------------------------
~ Female ~ She/her ~ Canadian ~ Vocaloid and UTAU lover ~ Anime and Manga lover ~ Artist ~ + 1 h FV time
------------------------------------------------------------
1wgCe4X.png I am Autochorissexual1wgCe4X.png
please ping! you can do so by @ Unnamed-light or by using my ID @ 122247
29 Jan 2020, 12:53 pm (Edited 29 Jan 2020, 12:57 pm)
Joey-wyvern
Thump. Thump. Thump. One of Hakka’s heads swiveled around in confusion, searching out the dull sound that had reached its ears and caused its mind to be filled with confusion. The zombie’s tail was wagging? Why? What reason did the creature have to be happy, when it was pinned to the ground and unable to move?

‘Zak.’ Zak, that was it’s name. “Zak,” Hakka repeated slowly, testing it out on his tongue. His jaws snapped shut, clicking sounds filling the air as one by one his teeth clacked together. Those sounds were the only sounds that continued to fill the air for the next few minutes, as the canine didn’t seem to feel like speaking while those seconds passed. Hakka continued the movements of his jaws to his own chagrin. He found it rather stupid, belittling himself mentally. He couldn’t move off of the beast, so really that was all he could do. Still, he berated himself for even picking a fight with the beast in the first place if he was unable to finish it off.

‘I…. fell out… I… want… flesh. Flesh!’

Given no time to muse over the first part of the mutt’s sentence, which indicated that he was part of something moving like a caravan, Hakka leapt off of Zak when the canine started to roll over. The zombie appeared to be using its bladed arm as leverage, and Hakka couldn’t help but hiss as the bladed arm glinted in the moonlight. The hydra landed gracefully, taking in air to puff his body up as his glared at the canine. Perhaps it had regained its strength. Hostility loomed in Hakka’s eyes as he felt the urge to rip into the beast for moving and disturbing him, his primal senses begging to take hold and conquer his sentient intelligence and intuition, but Hakka steered his mind away from savagery. The mutt didn’t seem to want to hurt him, it had only rolled over. It was still on the ground, tail wagging even harder. It wanted flesh, but perhaps not Hakka’s flesh specifically.

“Would... you like me... to get you... a monster?” Hakka spoke with one mouth, other two jaws snapping together to drive home the point of eating. “For your... consumption... They lurk... near the village.”
w18twKK.png