The village of Oakwood (Open rp!)

26 Mar 2020, 1:08 pm
Rugged paused a moment. “Well, I guess I’ve done my share of odd jobs around ya know? I haven’t really settled in a long time, been on the road..” He looked at the saggarati. “I have one hobby. Wood fiddling. Ya know, you got yur long little blade and you widow it through that old beach wood till you get the chips of it flying and a pretty soon you got yourself a horse or anything you can dream up’.” He smiled softly. “I used to make them all the time, I have one here I think..” Rugged fiddled around in his small pouch slung around his back. He pulled out a small wooden carving of a small chicken. “This was one of my first, when I had to look at things to make em’. “ Rugged then realized he had been speaking more and more in his native accent with Mari. Funny how things were,
Hey nice to meet you! I’m Hawk, I don’t bite.
26 Mar 2020, 2:58 pm
The small bat shook their head, sticking their spotted tongue out playfully to distract from the small beads of sweat starting to gather in their fur.

"...Huh...? O-Oh, no, i-it's fine! I-I need the exercise anyways...*huff*..."

They then propelled themselves out onto the balcony, ducking to barely avoid knocking their head against the doorway as they circled around.

"I-I guess I'll be s-seeing you later then, Wolv...! I-If ya need anything, j-just holler! I don't g-got these big ol' e-ears for nothin'...and i-if anyone gives ya' trouble, tell 'em Jackie sent ya!...
E-Er, well, y-you can just point me i-in their direction...I can g-give 'em a right earful for ya'!"

With that, they waved one last time before slowly veering off towards the path leading to the newer castle's marbled walls, all the while still flashing a rather happy smile on their face despite the afternoon sun causing their panting to grow more and more apparent...
~*Ghosti ~ He/She/They ~ Taurus ~ Pan ~ Hufflepuff*~
~*~*~*~
>!< Nothing'll be here for now, I suck at BBCode. :'D >!<
26 Mar 2020, 4:10 pm
Snake eagerly shook Martin’s paw, and was taken off guard by Potter suddenly landing on her shoulders. She let out an audible “hup” as she adjusted to the new weight on her shoulders, then gave a wide smile. “Don’t worry about it,” she chirped to Martin, making sure not to shrug and throw the otter off-balance. “Guess it’s my turn to give him a ride now!”

Suey snickered, giving a glance to Snake and Potter before turning to Marvin. “Yes, we would love to meet some of your friends,” he responded, calmly dipping his head in a nod.
w18twKK.png
26 Mar 2020, 4:32 pm (Edited 26 Mar 2020, 4:32 pm)
Hawkfeather13

Maru listened intently to Rugged, nodding occasionally. He grinned at seeing the wooden chicken and crossed his arms.

"At's some real talent ya got there. Me with these big clumsy paws? I couldn't do a think as cool at at. M'good at fishing though, at's good enough fer me a guess."

He paused as his attention went to the doorway. A saggitari , or once was a saggitari was standing there with a stack of large boxes. They were moving slightly in their arms.

"Oh! Hi fig, brought some goodies?"

Fig didn't reply. They seemed like they felt they were interrupting.
Only YOU can be YOU. You're one of a kind, so celebrate!
Please ping me when replying!
I ship villagers randomly.
Formerly StellarHyena
26 Mar 2020, 4:38 pm
GhostiFloof
The castle had only one tower built and the outline marked out. The marble shimmered in the sun as if diamonds were embedded in it. There was a lot of sawdust and construction materials strewn everywhere. Two saggitari, one working on pulling a huge slab of marble looked up and waved. The other, a giant saggitari to say the least, hadn't taken notice as he was laughing his tail off at something the other had said.
Formerly StellarHyena
26 Mar 2020, 4:42 pm
Silverpelt60

Martin rubbed the back of his neck, sparing a glance at potter before smiling brightly.
"Golly, let's go then!"

Martin started heading up towards the old castle, it's looking shape coming closer. At the draw Bridge Martin made a confused little horse snort before turning towards the duo. There was nobody there where the gaurds were supposed to be.
"Ah shucks, they aren't here. We can explore a little bit if you want though, maybe we can find them?"
Formerly StellarHyena
26 Mar 2020, 5:04 pm
Snake whistled a cheery tune as they walked, glancing up at Potter every so often to ensure that he wouldn’t fall off her shoulders. The old castle became ever the larger the closer they got to it, and Suey’s mouth nearly dropped open as he observed its mighty obsidian walls. They were once strong and proud, but now they were crumbling and... ominous. From what Snake had told him, he knew that a war had taken place here, and shuddered to think at how bad it must have been. The walls looked to be burnt and charred, but exuded an unpleasant coldness.

Snake and Suey stopped at the draw bridge, Snake tipping her head slightly when she noticed Martin’s confusion. Snake’s ears drooped in mild disappointment when Martin said that his friends were not present, but they popped right back up when he mentioned exploring. “Of course, that sounds like fun!” she barked, Suey nodding along to her enthusiasm.
w18twKK.png
26 Mar 2020, 6:02 pm
Rugged hooded, happy someone liked it. Then the figure appeared at the doorway, and his head whipped around to look at it. “Uh, hello. Who are you..?” He said a little reserved.
26 Mar 2020, 8:05 pm
Silverpelt60

Martin practically skipped into a once grand hall leading to two empty thrones. To the left was a spiraling staircase that went up and to the right a deep dark hallway.

"Golly, which way should we go?"
Formerly StellarHyena
26 Mar 2020, 8:10 pm (Edited 26 Mar 2020, 8:10 pm)
Hawkfeather13

Fig shuffled a bit, relieved when Maru took some of the boxes from them and stacked them neatly on the floor.

"My name is Fig. I collect fairies and thought these may be useful."

Maru grinned and rummaged through the boxes until he caught a fairy, offering it to rugged.

"Here, take this, fer all tha help you've been!"

Item get:
2937-snow-festival-feast-fairy.png
Formerly StellarHyena
26 Mar 2020, 8:15 pm
Rugged took the small warm fairy from his hands. “Why, thank you! Very pretty and special.” He tucked it carefully into his pouch, making it snug. “Its really no problem, I do love cooking.” The rugged remembered. “Oh dear! I’d better check the fish!” He ran over to them and flipped them all, relived they were only a little over cooked, but still fine.
26 Mar 2020, 8:35 pm
Aramis tilted her head. ''er.. no.. i don't think so.. is he the one dancing on the wagon?" she asked.
Icon by jackdacrow

26 Mar 2020, 8:38 pm
Hawkfeather13

Maru quickly realized he had left the veggies steaming and quickly removed them from the pot so they wouldn't get turned to mush.

"Whoo boy! I guess time flies when you're havin fun haha!"

Mushroom thingy chuckled and turned to leave the room
Formerly StellarHyena
26 Mar 2020, 8:42 pm
Toxicblue
Krin nodded with a light sigh. She was annoyed that he was making poor Braylon do all the work. The fluffy sheepy dude's expression brightened at seeing them though and he hopped out of the wagon to rush over, his nubby tail wagging.

"Oooo a visitor! Tell me, what's your taste in music!?"

He was beaming from ear to ear, having taken his earphones out faint party music could be heard coming from them.
Formerly StellarHyena
26 Mar 2020, 9:01 pm
Morphie shook their head around frantically, no idea of which way to go. They did not see a castle. Scared and lonely, they took a deep breath and stretched their wings, flapping them violently to get an aerial view and to find the location they were looking for
Once they were high enough to finally see the town of Oakwood, they flew quickly over, wondering what new friends and enemies they would make.
toyhouseaercidart shoplf art
a huge klutz ✯ artist ✯ stressed 24/7 ✯ needs hugs
"Ya boy graduating with three D's!"

Help Alekzy in a time of need!
26 Mar 2020, 10:00 pm
Aramis smiled. ''hi! i uh.. enjoy listening to pop and rock.." she said. she inwardly cringed at the saggitari's loud voice but that didn't make her dislike him or anything like that. she liked seeing how lively and friendly this guy was towards her even though they have never met.
Icon by jackdacrow

26 Mar 2020, 10:23 pm
Though the smile never left Suey's snout, he couldn't help but shiver when entering the derelict castle. The fur along his spine rose as they walked through the building, and it took a few deep breaths before he was able to get it to lay back down again. Snake shared Martin's cheery attitude, humming despite the darkening surroundings, and Suey was sure that she would have been skipping as well had she not been giving Potter a ride upon her back.

Snake gawked upon seeing the large thrones. So this was where he once sat, the cruel tyrant that led the kingdom. But there was no time to dawdle, for the group had come to a crossroads. As Martin's question hung in the air, an audible "hmmm" rumbled in Snake's throat as she pondered it. After a moment, she had her answer. "How about we go to the right hallway first?" she offered, and though Suey didn't necessarily like the idea of wandering into the dark, it was better than climbing a tall staircase. He nodded his head in silent agreement.
w18twKK.png
28 Mar 2020, 7:36 pm
(Fun little note, this post was brought to you and inspired by my own stupidity earlier today. Enjoy. :'D)

With their short muzzle starting to twitch, Jackie quickly waved back before they struggled to nudge their glasses back against their head and went to land...inadvertently blinding themselves by catching glimpse of the marble slabs reflecting sunlight right into their eyes. They came to a sharp halt, letting out a series of shrieks as they struggled to balance shielding their eyes and keeping themselves airborne, all the while the bag on their back kept slinging them around like some deranged puppet.

...To be fair, from a distance, it did look rather hilarious.

And after what seemed like forever, they slowly managed to regain themselves. With eyes thoroughly soaked with tears and sun spots dancing across their vision, it took them a lot longer to hear the very apparent *RIIIIIIIIIIIPPPPP!!!* that rung from behind them. Whipping their head around, they frantically reached out to have everything from their bag spill out into their arms, the weight of it all sending them spiraling into the trees below.

"A-AAAAAIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEE...!!!!!"
~*Ghosti ~ He/She/They ~ Taurus ~ Pan ~ Hufflepuff*~
~*~*~*~
>!< Nothing'll be here for now, I suck at BBCode. :'D >!<
28 Mar 2020, 9:45 pm
Morphie
A Saggitari was walking past with a cart full of minipets of all shapes and sizes. They paused when they noticed them and waved from afar.
Formerly StellarHyena
28 Mar 2020, 9:50 pm
SamTheHusky Stunned, Morphie shyly waved back and started walking over.
toyhouseaercidart shoplf art
a huge klutz ✯ artist ✯ stressed 24/7 ✯ needs hugs
"Ya boy graduating with three D's!"

Help Alekzy in a time of need!
28 Mar 2020, 9:52 pm
Toxicblue
Elroy smiled widely with a nod
"Really? That's awesome. I'm more of a techno and pop kind of guy."
He pointed to the robotic saggitari who was unhitching themself from the wagon.
"They have built in speakers so they are going to have music going on during tonight's event. I want to get everyone's favorite genres so I can make up a good playlist."
He walked over and pointed to an audio jack behind the boy's ear. The robot rolled their eyes at his enthusiasm. The dude just really liked music.
Formerly StellarHyena
29 Mar 2020, 12:53 am
''oh that's nice! so there's gonna be music of all genres playing at the dance.. that's cool." she suddenly remembered she never asked for the saggitari's name. ''oh i'm sorry, how rude of me! i never caught your name. I'm Aramis. and you are?" she asked. she extended a paw, smiling.
Icon by jackdacrow

29 Mar 2020, 11:10 am
Silverpelt60
Martin pulled a torch from one of his bags and lit it, starting to walk down the chilly dark corridor. The walls had ripped tapestries and the occasional arrow stuck in the walls. The air seemed to get thicker the further down the hall you went and it sloped down slightly. At the end was a book case, shoved slightly aside to reveal a hidden passage. Martin brought the light closer to the shelf and tilted his head curiously.

"Golly I forgot the castle had these! They are hidden pathways that lead to secret rooms!"

I wonder what this one led to?
Formerly StellarHyena
29 Mar 2020, 11:13 am
GhostiFloof

Malis reared up in surprise and then shouted at Jackie as he was a distance away.
"My goodness! Are you alright?"
The tall saggitari, j.j. had stopped laughing and was starting to gather what things he could find to give back to Jackie. He couldn't help but let out a occasional chuckle, the scene was amusing to him.
Formerly StellarHyena
29 Mar 2020, 11:14 am
Morphie

Jacob smiled and spoke once he was in earshot, stopping his cart pulling for a moment.

"Hello there, are you here for the festival?"
Formerly StellarHyena