Honey Gliders! Customs Raffle

27 Feb 2020, 2:41 pm (Edited 20 Oct 2020, 7:44 pm)
Wykin said:
Custom Honey Glider Raffle!

Due to my sudden impulse to draw Honey Gliders, I've decided to host a little raffle, and it's 100% free to join!

There will be six winners-- each of which will be getting a free custom Honey Glider, with whatever traits you please!

The custom will come with a ref sheet, a fullbody, and two halfbodies!

Three winners will get a regular HG, two winners will get their choice of anything but a GR (including legal hybrids!) , and one will get a GR!

The raffle will end on November 12th!!

To enter, all you gotta do is post with a comment acknowledging the raffle, the rules, the secret, and some tea!

Rules:
*Users get one entry, unless they want to pay for more tickets! (50 fd/50 fc each)
*Five tickets max for each user!
*"tea" refers to pretty much anything. New character? Let's see them! Art commission? We'd love to look at that, too. Dare I ask for thoughts/opinions on Sallentine? I'd love that, too. Just share something! <3 Your tea is REQUIRED!!
*Play fair!
*The ~new~ secret (password) is Dance Monkey!
*If/when you win, you need to be patient with me. If you are rude or pushy, I have the right to revoke your prize and give it to somebody else. I try to be patient and tolerant of everybody, but I will not tolerate nastiness.
*Have fun!

Want an extra ticket for free? Get your friends, here, too! You'll earn 1 free ticket, with no limits, for every 2 people you mention here that join!

Now off we go!! ^^ <3
21724208_p1AMdCm6YXcAAnX.png

Click here to take your exams, my dears!

Please redeem your MYO Slot tickets recieved from Koa here! Discount tickets must be mentioned at the shop at time of purchase!! Please remember that your tickets are ONLY valid if you respond to his encounter event!!

Psst! if you go an fill out >this< form, I'll give you a little reward!! Don't worry, you don't need to sign in, and it won't collect your email address!! ^^ *cough cough*10k fc is Wykin's current reward*WHEEZE HACK cough*

To Sallentine on Discord-----> O

Past Games (And their winners):
"King WHO now??" PastelScales !
"Koa's Tantrum" Askata !
"History Lessons" Askata !
May or may not create a new thread for HG at some point, I need more posts to work with... ^^"

Here is a document I made, requested by Snekk , on HG Society!

Official HG list! :D (feel free to post your HG here if you have one, so I can add them to this post!! unnamed HGs will be listed as their subspecies, but if you want I can name them for you!! ^w^):

Honey, the Rose. (Belongs to me)
Koa, the Glass Rose. (Belongs to me)
Gloria, the Rose. (Belongs to me)
Snap, the Snapdragon. (Belongs to me)
Tender, the Bleeding Heart. (Belongs to me)
Skylar, the Thigmotrophan. (Belongs to me)
Delilah, the Drosera, or Sundew. (Belongs to me)
Theodora, the Fuschia. (Belongs to DimkaDimintriFeline )
Dio, the Glass Rose. (Belongs to Morphie )
Goldverse, the Glass Rose. (Belongs to Morphie )
Petal, the Hybrid. (Belongs to Morphie )
Eragon, the Desert Bluebell (belongs to Avi_Silver )
Renee, the Glass Rose. (Belongs to Avi_Silver )
'Snow Gentian', the Snow Gentian. (Belongs to ColbyRookhert )
Petals, the Hibisucus. (Belongs to Amaya_Moon )
Lillie, the Lily. (Belongs to snuffle_puff )
Hopeful, the unknown. (Belongs to Hawkfeather13 )
Sakura, the Cherry Blossom. (Belongs to Ochela )
Goldy, the Sunflower. (Belongs to Joey-wyvern )
Penumbre, the Rose. (Belongs to Snekk )
Amethystus, the Glass Rose. (Belongs to nabob0410 )
Folx, the Foxglove. (Belongs to Ayashi_Nicheling )
DewDrop and Co, the Snappers. (All belong to LuckyDragon )
Masako, the Rose. (Belongs to LuckyDragon )
Berwyn, the Rose (Belongs to Swampkeeper )
Hailey, the Thigmotrophan. (Belongs to @AngleCakes)
Rubus, the Blackberry. (Belongs to Dogstar )
(Unnamed), the Azalea. (Belongs to smolnfloofy )
Sprig, the Thigmotrophan. (Belongs to Askata )
Rhianna, the Rose. (Belongs to Pikabolt )
Sunsii D., the Sunflower. (Belongs to DimkaDimintriFeline )
Lillith, the Water Lily. (Belongs to DimkaDimintriFeline )

A shout-out to Swampkeeper Snekk Morphie Joey-wyvern LuckyDragon and many more for their heavy interest and support for this species!! QwQ

Current lore to help with interest:

"A fox walks around the house, frowning and pointing at various animals. They appear to be plant monsters. "This is what happens when you get a little too curious about what-ifs in a roleplay," she says, frustrated.

You manage to crack a small smile, despite the vixen's distress. Anna sighs and hands you a journal. It's chock full of notes and observations.

"Sallentine. That's where these babies seem to have come from. From what I've seen, they don't get along too well with the Joolyettes.

*I've also noticed that they can only eat sweets. Tried giving Honey a few tater tots one time. It didn't end well. He was sick for some time.

*Its a good thing I'm poison-proof. I'd be long dead... One bite, scratch, anything from those claws or jaws.... You're dead meat.

*They sleep too much in the winter... Particularly the warm-climate ones...

*If healthy, they can glide. (Hence my name for them... Many a vase knocked over...)

*Typically house cat sized. Don't know how in the world Honey got so big...

*They like to be nosy. /:(

*Although petal count, petal layer count, and wing count have major variation, they only ever have one tail, one head, and four paws...

*Through my travels, it's become obvious that they live in areas corresponding to the type of flower that they are. You know. Hibiscuses HGs belong in the tropics. Snow Gentians belong in the tundra. Fuchsias and Buttercups belong in the backyard. (Or in the house, standing taller than myself on ALL FOURS WHAT THE PECK)

*Don't usually live past 18 ish in the wild. They do mature fast to make up for that, however.

*In the care of another person (In these cases they are known as Houseplants), they can live up to five times the average wild lifespan.

*Tend to mate for life. Litters in sizes of 2 to 5.

*In the wild, it isn't uncommon to find tribes of similar flowers living in an area.

*Many sicknesses unique to the species. Includes various forms of rot and/or fungus, glucose deficiency(common in the wild), and fatigue due to excessive absences of sunlight.

*Unusually pale skin/fuzz is a major sign of illness, as is unusual dark/browness.

*Personality tends to lean toward sweet, fun loving, and easygoing. However, traumatic events such as the death of a mate/offspring or major scarring which mars their dignity (such as Honey's scars) can provoke permanent stubbornness, aggression, and sourness, especially if reminded of said event.

*They literally need love and affection or they can die. Seriously. I've seen plenty die from the lack of love and affection. (So for example, even if one were to be able to support itself on its own, no Honey Glider can ever survive for long alone. I cannot stress enough that they need to be loved.) "

Traits for HG:

*Anything seen in the 'Tiger Lily' color is permissible, without buying extra traits.
*Extra limbs other than an additional wing set are NOT permissible under any circumstance.
*Acceptable sizes are between a small house cat and a full-grown Labrador. (You'll need the super rare trait associated with size if you want to get around this)
*Petal count must be between 4 and 50. No exceptions.
*Minimal use of specific traits is acceptable. However, excessive use will be an worth 15k fc or 5 fd.
*Uncommon traits are worth 25k fc or 15 fd each.
*Rare traits are worth 40k fc or 30 fd each.
*Super rare traits are worth 60k fc or 50 fd each.

Uncommon traits for Honey Gliders:
*Multiple leaves on tail. (see Fuschia)
*Serrated claws.
*Layered petals. (see Fuschia)
*Simple markings.

Rare traits for Honey Gliders:
*Damaged petals/other
*Bud tails.
*An additional set of wings.
*Complex markings.

Super rare traits for Honey Gliders:
*Outside of legal size range. (Absolutely not to exceed the size of a small car.)
*No claws.
*Being anthro.

Specific traits for Honey Gliders:
*Fluff. (May only be found on flower types living in cold regions, such as a Snow Gentian.)
*Stamen antennae. (May only be found on flower types sporting such stamen, such as a Hibiscus.)
*Any petal layout that would cover the face. (May be found on flowers in which such a layout would make sense, such as a Rose or Bleeding Heart. Flowers in which the face might be completely covered are not acceptable.)
*Thorns- may be placed as spines, or on front legs or tail, or any combination like such (Found on Flowers such as Roses, and other flowers that have thorns)
*Toxcity- Is your HG a toxic/ poisonous plant? You may choose any of these as a specific trait for you HG! (Your HG may have more than one of these, but that will be considered 'excessive' use without proof of it not being excessive compared to the HG's species.) Labeled as 'Toxic X'

Skin- Skin of the HG is poisonous, and should not be touched unless you WANT to get sick.

Spine- Any thorns or spines are poisonous. They can be touched, just don't get impaled or injured by them, unless you WANT to get sick.

Scent- The scent that the HG gives off is toxic. As sweet as their scent may be, if you breath in too much, you can get fataly sick.

Snack- Not terribly dangerous, just don't snack of these fellows! They taste bitter and will kill you, should you try a bite... But at least it's an excellent SG defense system! (Toxic Snack is aquirable by HG who do not have it by birth, but getting it is difficult an takes practice. Ask for details.)
icon by Puck
Honey Gliders here! Don't forget to join the raffle! <3 I also do PWYW art!
Come trick-or-treat with us! While you're at it, come visit Sallentine on Discord!

29 Feb 2020, 10:08 am (Edited 22 Apr 2020, 12:03 pm)
Snapper Gliders are now in beta!

However, they have sensitive content, so instead of being posted directly, I've made a google doc containing the information about them!

Cannibalism warning

May I present~ the new subspecies of Honey Gliders.... The Thigmotrophi!! (TMO or thigmo, for short)

New Lore:

Thigmos are a sweet but uncommon bunch! Late at night whilst pondering plot lines for her characters, Wykin realized how lonely (and low key hated) she was compared to even her own babies. She also realized that not everyone gets a happy ending, ever. So what did she do? She decided to make a new child, of course! What did she do with them? She gave them as companions to the abandoned, forsaken, and forgotten!

Thigmotrophi all tend to come directly from Wykin herself- no one knows if they can even breed, so that doesn't seem to be an option, either...

Although they're extra sweet, that also requires extra love and attention, as Wykin discovered-- it also means a few other things.

New Traits:

Thigmotrophi have a few new traits of their own, although some of these news traits aren't bound to them (such as the gold/gemstones in Glass Roses) So what's new?

To start, all thigmos are naturally slender and longer than most HG. Half of their face (any half, at owner's interpretation-- this can be the mouth, eyes, or one eye and part of mouth. Loosely regulated, but it MUST BE HALF OR MORE) also must always be covered, as they also tend to be shy around strangers. These are not a new traits officially, but are both required for the subspecies.

*Leaf manes. What did Wykin add those for? Vanity...? (NEW UNCOMMON TRAIT FOR ALL)

HG has a noticeable amount of leaves around the neck that resembles a mane in some way. Regulations are pretty loose, so just ask (showing a sketch or giving an idea of the proportions, of course) if your HG's mane is legal! May extend all the way to the back. Fuzz or fluff may be used as part of this detail, but sparingly. ALL thigmos must have this, no exception!!

*Flowers in places other than the tip of the tail. How pretty! (NEW SUPER RARE TRAIT FOR ALL)

HG has other small flowers on their body anywhere other than the end of the tail (that is classified as a bud tail, which is a completely different trait) ALL thigmos must have at least 3 of these.

*Vines. Lots an lots o vines, makes you feel... Creepy~ (NEW SPECIFIC TRAIT FOR ALL, LIMITATIONS AND EXCLUSIONS/EXCEPTIONS APPLY)

HG has vines (can be thorned, but this ups the rarity and must be payed for at the price of an uncommon trait. Exceptions are naturally barbed plants, proof must be provided that said flower has thorns/ is a vine flower)

ALL thigmos have at least four, at least two being permanently twined around their tail(s, if so one or two on each) and ONLY two behind their wings. Please don't hesitate to ask for more details on anatomy, if needed.

And finally, something that was once illegal in the HG realm.

*A second tail. (NEW TRAIT FOR ALL, RARE FOR THIGMOTROPHI AND LIMITED FOR REGULAR HG!)

Pretty simple- HG has a second tail, one being slightly more dominant than the other. This trait may not be used at all in the Glass Roses, unless I decide later on that that is acceptable. This trait may be used in regular HG, but is only obtainable through adoption or as a ticket redeemable (gift or event) to be used with a MYO slot ticket.

New Misc.:

*Behaviour

Thigmos tend to be extremely sweet and shy- they are also very clingy and sensitive. This means that a thigmo is insecure and anxious without their partner. This partner can be anyone, but keep in mind that thigmos are constantly with the. TMO are skittish and very swift, should they need to be away from predators or other danger. They like to coil around their partners, or anything else they can coil around (pillows, mates/friends, trees limbs, equipment like jungle gyms)

While their body structure is a bit more delicate with all those tendrils, that inconvenience is made up for by the fact that their tails are very strong, allowing them to use them with prehensility, or to hang themself by wrapping their tail around a branch, etc.

These new babs are unusually emotionally sensitive, so they are pretty easy to upset.

Thigmos tend to be more picky with their food. They should be, after all, as their diet is more restricted than other HG. The required sugar content in their diet is much higher than other HG, and anything that is not sweets is actually toxic to thigmos, compared to being only manageable in moderation with other HG. (Regular HG can handle a small amount of regular food sparingly- but too much will make them throw up)

They do not appear in the wild at the moment. If you do spot one out there, either Wykin left them there for you to find on purpose, or they're lost. Regardless, take them back to civilization, please.

And now, time for a few special canonized ideas by Joey-wyvern !!

Aggressive and passive TMO:

Aggressive TMO are pretty uncommon. These children tend to be more rambunctious, maybe even snappy. They are among the ones that will shy away from a stranger's touch. Less reliant on others, and more independent, they may be extremely territorial, and take up much more resources than they know is necessary.

Most TMO are classified as Passive. These children are the ones tending to be quiet and soft-spoken, relying heavily on others for support. They are among the ones that will be accepting and open to a stranger's touch. All passive TMO require more care and love than any other type of HG. Since they are less independent, they will not usually be territorial, and will only take the resources they need, or very little extra.

*Obtainablilty

These are slightly different and much more interestingto get a hold of!!

Due to their sensitivity and restrictions, for the time being they are ONLY available by a MYO ticket from Koa (highly unlikely to occur as a gift), a flatsale premade with specific rules attached, a DTA premade, a premade that may not be edited whatsoever being given as a gift/other from Wykin or Koa, or by any mini-event.

Well, that seems to be all for now, but the TMO are still being developed, as is the entire species, so be sure to check back often, or ask to be added to the pinglist for updates and lots of other things!! (new adopts, events, etc)

Glass Roses

An official subspecies!

Wykin said:
Hullo, dearies! ^^ There's been a new update to Glass Roses!

Note: To those who have GR, they do NOT have to have a shattered form! This is 100% optional!

What happens to glass when you put it under too much stress? Why, it breaks, of course!

Similarly, Glass Roses can only handle so much. After that point, they shatter. A Shattered Glass Rose is bad news.

What does it mean for a Glass Rose to shatter? When a GR shatters, many things happen.

Shattered Glass Roses:

*Become feral, rather than their normal anthro.
*Are almost always in a bad mood.
*Are extremely likely to be violent, however peacful they may have been before.
*Cannot speak properly, as they're always frustrated. In most cases, all they can do is make feral noises.
*Tend to change drastically in appearance, usually in a frightening way. There is no limitation to these changes, other than that the GR must still be easily recognziable, compared to their normal form. These changes generally reflect the GR's insecurities. (For example, in Koa's Shattered form, he is much larger. He also has many more thorn-spines and a thinner frame, as well as a lack of a few petals.) If the change involves size, being outside of the legal size limit is 100% allowed in this case- and encouraged.

Possible ways to fix a Shattered Glass Rose (return them to their normal self in entirety.) Feel free to suggest ways! ^^:

*Allowing them to calm down on their own. (Usually takes a long time, as long as years.)
*Having a loved one confront them and calm them down.
*Letting them wear themselves out of the anger. This is idoesn't work for ALL GR, as sometimes being exhausted (Like in Koa's case) can actually be a trigger.

Possible ways to Shatter a Glass Rose:

*By putting them under too much stress. (Too many tasks, constant badgering/harassing, etc.)
*By deliberately upsetting them repeatedly.
*By the GR having depression or anything similar.
*By being lonely for too long.
*By being extremely hurt, physically or emotionally.
*By being over-exerted.

I haven't got a ton of lore for them at the moment, but a basic overview:

Differences:
*traits/appearances
*behavior
*lore
*obtainability

Traits:

Glass Roses are quite rare and unique! There are a few unique traits for these tender sweethearts! Those traits are the imbedded gems/gold in their skin, their glass-like petals, and startling elegance!

However, Glass Roses also have two super rare traits by default-
Being outside out the legal size range, up or down (most are smaller) and being anthro. They also have a bud tail by default.

Behavior:

Glass Roses are much more sensitive than regular Honey Gliders!! Each GR is extremely sensitive/touchy and self-conscious about at least one thing about themself! (For example, Koa is sensitive about his gold petal, and his eating habits)

Other than that, they are also usually very graceful and intelligent!

Lore:

Glass Roses share the most of the same lore as the normal Honey Gliders, with the exception being that instead of being part of Wykin's original creation of Sallentine, Glass Roses were created as a gift and a warning of caution to her world, which at the time had been downcast and chaotic. She had blessed the world with these creatures in hopes to improve and guide it!

Obtainability:

Glass Roses are pretty hard to get a hold of! Only five are going to be made on the original base (2 two left) and sold!! After that, these cuties will ONLY be obtainable via a gift MYO slot!
icon by Puck
Come trick-or-treat with us! While you're at it, come visit Sallentine on Discord!
1 Mar 2020, 3:29 pm (Edited 23 Sep 2020, 8:23 am)
:3 You made it all the way down here??? Congrats! Here's the Exam scoreboard! ^^

1---- RaccoonKibble (33 points)
2---- greeb (30 points)
3---- Joey-wyvern (27 points)
4---- hahapoopoo (24 points)
5---- SageTheAce (22 points)
6----Pikabolt (20 points)
7---- Shuka (16 points)
8 ---- yikesiminlove (16 points)
9---- Askata (14 points)
10---- Morphie (14 points)
11---- Aerimyth (14 points)
12---- Avi_Silver (13 points)
13---- Jellyfae (13 points)
14---- AngelCakes (11 points)
15---- Breezeyheart (10 points)
icon by Puck
1 Mar 2020, 3:51 pm
GIVE ME THESE GIVE ME ALL OF THEM NOW I NEED THEM AHHHH
If you make any orange ones I might have to give in... normally I don't buy pre-mades but omg I freaking LOVE these!!! If you make one of a marigold flower I actually am gonna have to break my bank.
1 Mar 2020, 3:57 pm (Edited 1 Mar 2020, 3:57 pm)
Morphie I can ping you if I ever do. There is also currently a MYO event!! It can be found in the adopt link, third post! ^w^ I'm glad you like them too, I myself am currently obsessed with them. XD

Edit: come to think of it, there is Tiger Lily, which happens to be pale orange
icon by Puck
1 Mar 2020, 3:57 pm
They are sooo amazing! Are you selling?
Hey nice to meet you! I’m Hawk, I don’t bite.
1 Mar 2020, 3:58 pm
Ree!! Im a little broke atm but I'll totally do this later!!! Quick question, though: can they be anthro or ONLY feral?
1 Mar 2020, 3:59 pm (Edited 1 Mar 2020, 4:01 pm)
Hawkfeather13 yes! You can get a premade from the adopt link in my signature, or MYO (Event also in link)!!

Morphie yes, they can be, however, that is considered a super rare trait, and even then it cannot be a full time anthro, sorry!! \\\OwO///
icon by Puck
3 Mar 2020, 7:25 pm
Boop
icon by Puck
3 Mar 2020, 7:56 pm
Definitely cute, not quite my thing sadly.
For more information on my species, lore, and their universe, join my discord server!! https://discord.gg/puvxeEr
4 Mar 2020, 2:19 pm
boop
icon by Puck
4 Mar 2020, 8:31 pm
* dramatic gasp of love at first sight *

SO, IF YOU MAKE ANY LILY ONES, OR ANY ONES THAT DON'T HAVE A HOME, I will GLADLY buy one, like seriously I love these beans!! <3
~~~^Alekzy needs your help!^~~~
Check Morphie's Aercids!
---
Owner of the closed species: Ficans. Anunis, and Etts!

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Certified Dumbass *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
4 Mar 2020, 8:37 pm (Edited 4 Mar 2020, 8:37 pm)
Askata I'm glad you like them!! ^w^ I will definitely let you know if I ever do! Btw, there is a MYO option in my adopt shop, which can be found in my signature! (I went and looked and realized that I hadn't posted the base price oof, that's probably why people haven't been commenting about them... However, this has been fixed!! ^^")
icon by Puck
4 Mar 2020, 8:44 pm
AnnaDragonShadow Alrighty! I'll be sure to see any beans I might wanna adopt! :D
~~~^Alekzy needs your help!^~~~
Check Morphie's Aercids!
---
Owner of the closed species: Ficans. Anunis, and Etts!

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* Certified Dumbass *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
6 Mar 2020, 8:56 am (Edited 6 Mar 2020, 8:56 am)
Boop, still looking to see if it's worth my time to make a thread just for my babies
icon by Puck
7 Mar 2020, 9:07 am
Another daily boop
icon by Puck
7 Mar 2020, 9:19 am
I forgot to ping a few people to ask them if they are okay with me adding their HG to the list (sorry, mods! QwQ)

Rotsuoy ColbyRookhert Moon_Star YesMan
icon by Puck
7 Mar 2020, 9:28 am
Yes!! I’m completely fine with that!!
art shop
Toyhouse
Pfp by ThatSpiderCat on DA
7 Mar 2020, 9:52 am
That is totally fine with me
Icon by Me
573.png
11 Mar 2020, 2:36 am
I don't mind it not even a little bit ha ha
661b6eb2de5a7099a7bbe273249ab3b4.gif
"The 20's will be a-roarin' "

7417365f0b6f14b41c7e01d0c5d8cdda.gifThe Bliss will make you see :)
17 Mar 2020, 6:34 pm
booper
icon by Puck
19 Mar 2020, 12:34 pm
boop, new mini-event!! ^^ <3
icon by Puck
19 Mar 2020, 2:16 pm (Edited 19 Mar 2020, 2:22 pm)
Ooh! I love this species a lot! I'm a big fan of flowers and plants in general, so I really want a small tribe of them lol (if that's possible lol) I have a few questions though: Firstly, are there any myo slots left?

Secondly, what do you mean by 'Tiger Lilly' color? I'm only asking because I can't find it to see what traits are permissable.

Thirdly, if they are living in the wild alongside different species of creatures who are their friends, would they live longer than the usual wild Honey Glider? Since they would be loved by their friends, would that add years to their lifespan like being cared for by another?

Lastly but kinda related to question number 3, could Honey Gliders of different flower/plant types live somewhere where their flower type isn't usually found if they are well cared for and have enough sunlight?
5912903_YMr.gif5880286_qn7pUDcxKkTsHaX.gif15790291_UAJ.png
Art of Starbug by Krepta , Leif & Kol . Avatar colored in by me. My websites (please click). Please ping/pm me♡♥
19 Mar 2020, 2:26 pm
Breezeyheart yes, you're actually the first person to claim one of the MYO!! I'm allowing only one claim per user atm, unfortunately, but you can always head over to my adopt shop and buy some more MYO slots! ^^ sadly, I actually sold the Tiger Lily adopt, so it's no longer viewable. ;w; You can check out the trait list if you'd like, or if it helps, you can send me lineart (with minor coloring, so I can check for markings) and I can let you know if anything needs changed!

As for the lifespan question, it's short mostly due to them potentially having more trouble getting the proper nutrition! (If they're cared for, such as in Honey's case, they'll live longer mostly due to larger access to food. ex, Honey has the oppurtunity to have things wild HG may not, such as zero competition for food and shelter.)

[that took so long to type, oof, sorry for the delayed response]
icon by Puck
19 Mar 2020, 2:40 pm
Give me that myo slot baby

Luckyyy.gif