serpent festival discussion/feedback thread

24 Mar 2020, 10:14 am (Edited 26 Mar 2020, 11:29 am)
hey everyone. feel free to discuss your experience with the festival so far. here are a few questions to discuss, but feel free to ask your own!

1. do you think its an improvement? 
  2. what can be done to make it better? 
  3. are you satisfied with the event? 
  4. having fun? 
  5. what parts do you like and dislike?
  6. are you a casual player or new player? veteran?
  7. do you like the items so far?

common suggestions people have made:
  • be able to donate stormy cloud pets
  • less materials in recipes or easier ingredients (smoke & tapestry most unbalanced, though all have problems)
  • less health on enemies (easier training ground)
  • higher encounter rate for explore event
  • feather cost is inflated due to recipe difficulty

you can find my feedback i wrote in this post.
Y1NzaTF.png

24 Mar 2020, 10:18 am
1. Yes, I love it!
2. Some items are too hard to make IMO, for example it's next to impossible to get enough versatile sewing sets when only a few restock and everyone nabs them, while you can get all the super rare seeds quickly for the needed plants by battling
3. So far, yes,more interesting than previous years
4. Yeah
5. Kinda going back to what I said in 2
6. Been here since the first festival
Loading 99% complete...
24 Mar 2020, 10:19 am
1. Tottally. Making it actually active is better than just making it a hoarders oriented event. Way more fair for everyone.
2. Let the serpent take at least the uncommon cloud animals D: The serpent takes 3 rarities of crafted items but just rare and super rare cloud pets.
3. Pretty much. I'm centered in the carreers I'm better at and it gives me good results.
5. I don't like the serpent not taking uncommon pets, I can't stress this enough xD... Also, scrapping should be more comfy (I use Janny's style and it helps a lot, but I mean... the page should improve that)
6. Veteran. Sometimes I take long hiatus and for bad luck, I've been missing this event for the past 2 years.
24 Mar 2020, 10:23 am
Alekzy i agree the serpent should accept uncommon too! please serpent :') and scrapping needs help yep. 

Dubstep yeah, the restock items are rough. ive just been ignoring that recipe. i just started growing plants (have 100 pots... its not enough for the demand of the recipe since i didnt master the plants yet). keep failing all my harvests :') so ive been sticking to making cake. so much cake. and sabres. to stab the cake with.
Y1NzaTF.png
24 Mar 2020, 10:28 am (Edited 24 Mar 2020, 10:31 am)
1. Not to sound like a jerk but I feel like it's a downgrade donations-wise. I understand making things every career can make, it's just difficult. But the donation items are cool, I must admit!
2. The items needed to craft the donation materials can be difficult to obtain such as the versatile fabric. I like the idea of tying in the animal career, but I feel like it's easier just to donate any pets you have instead of these items and cloud pets. It just feels like a giant quest that takes much longer than the original fest. Items from battling can be hard to find for me at least, since I'm not sure which battleground drops what. Also, it may be very bad luck, but I've only ran into the explorer event once for my 7 explorers. I've been trying for hours. Again, not sure if I have really bad luck or the chances of getting the festival explorer event is very low.
3. Somewhat?? New villagers are always adorable.
4. Yeah, you guys always find new ways to get me back into this game.
5. The time it takes to gather everything bothers me, but just the fact that there's new bunny and dragon villagers makes me squee with joy.
6. Casual veteran I'm guessing.
7. New items are pretty swell and cool looking.
9f1e79f4594991ff5b495b74560988c7fde1a54e I buy rabbit and dragon painties.
566d56042f31669f90e723eb2586ec4f988a92a3 I also collect rabbit and dragon villagers.
24 Mar 2020, 10:32 am (Edited 24 Mar 2020, 10:44 am)
do you think its an improvement?
I do think it is very much.

what can be done to make it better?
I wish the explore event came around more. still looking for the stones.

are you satisfied with the event?
I am so far.

having fun?
yes I am,.

what parts do you like and dislike?
How the crafting needs a lot of rare stuff.

are you a casual player or new player? veteran?
I'd say I'm a veteran player? I do all the event. least try to.

do you like the items so far?
I love the items.
mycPUIO.png
dwTP4Bj.png
24 Mar 2020, 10:37 am (Edited 24 Mar 2020, 10:37 am)
Bunny_Lord for what battlegrounds drop what, you can see the drops thread

you can get weapon drops from a lot of them for scrap (used in sabre). the smoldering stick is in wandering monsters ground & deadly monsters. sparkly sprinkles drops in lions, same with earthen slabs and some seeds.  dynamite drops in frost ring. bashful blossoms are from a few battlegrounds too

i also only ran into the explore event once so i switched my stuff to crafting & warrior
Y1NzaTF.png
24 Mar 2020, 10:40 am
I don’t know I wasn’t here last time

Well the items you need to make are really expensive to buy the materials and hard to make so if they were cheaper to make that would be better. Or, what I was expecting, is that you can donate any item, but the recipe ones are really high value

Probably not. I don’t have enough money to participate

having fun?
No I don’t have enough money to participate

I like the general idea, I love the giving offerings and the serpent and the gala and the new stones.Not a fan of the donation restrictions

New player

They’re ok I guess
Peroxis
He/they
Wiccan
24 Mar 2020, 10:41 am
noll

I was not aware that thread existed, thank you so much! I needed that!
9f1e79f4594991ff5b495b74560988c7fde1a54e I buy rabbit and dragon painties.
566d56042f31669f90e723eb2586ec4f988a92a3 I also collect rabbit and dragon villagers.
24 Mar 2020, 10:42 am
Direwolf_1411225 Try cooking. most cheap one. I been doing nothing but cooking and got a good amount of feathers.
mycPUIO.png
dwTP4Bj.png
24 Mar 2020, 10:42 am
well, hoarders still have an advantage here since the recipes use regular site items but it's definitely improved upon the original QP fest concept since we didn't know what we were supposed to hoard. I've made a few swords and cakes but that's only because I don't clear my inventory, like ever and now I've run out of slabs and glitter. I think it will be hard to get feathers by recipes because the material requirements are quite large.

It's difficult to tell whether it'll get easier to obtain feathers later in the festival because of the pets but for now, all I can think of is how much I'll need to grind to collect the materials from exploring and warrioring. the idea isn't the most exciting tbh but then again I've always not really liked the idea of grinding and repetitive tasks. feels like there's a lot of hoops to jump through this fest with not much reward at the moment

If I had an aim of the number of feathers I wanted then at least I'd know what I was grinding for. Can the gala shop have a preview opening? :')

veteran player btw, I've played through all the fests from #1 til now.

do you like the items so far?. they're really pretty and the serpent sketch has a nice buff on it. there are a lot of new items tho so I haven't really looked over what they all do yet ^^"
jhdUcrV.gif
__• FV for FR
__• art shop
24 Mar 2020, 10:44 am
Alewolf yeah I’ll try that but my FC is sort of a roller coaster lol
Peroxis
He/they
Wiccan
24 Mar 2020, 10:45 am (Edited 24 Mar 2020, 10:48 am)
i actually have a question related to the ingredients, where do you find bashful blossoms and white fabric the most or the easiest? I have absolutely no fabric and i had maybe 10 blossoms from who knows where lol

Maybe? We’ll find out based on how hard it gets to craft/breed stuff.

Make easier ingredients-

Too early to tell..

4. having fun?
Yeah!

I like the concept of the event, with the gala later, but not sure on the ingredients for crafting, however the items themselves are cool.

Debatably casual to hardcore depending on events.

yes :)
No need to ping on my own threads, I’m subscribed!

nytemare08.gif
24 Mar 2020, 10:45 am (Edited 24 Mar 2020, 10:46 am)
Lab I've been finding the blossoms through explore but not many. I think blossoms can be found in serpent's pot as well. I need to get more myself. running low.
mycPUIO.png
dwTP4Bj.png
24 Mar 2020, 10:47 am (Edited 24 Mar 2020, 10:48 am)
I think so! This is like, one of the only events I actually participate in and I think it's better.

My goodness, these donation items are expensive to make. I made two items and it completely left me broke. Making the materials a bit easier to get, that'd be nice

So far, it's fine.

4. having fun?
not really. it's more stressful. it's not as casual as the years before.

it's just difficult to make stuff, especially for someone who doesn't really play the game that much.

I'm a veteran- I was here for the very first serpent festival :)>

The serpent idol is WICKED COOL!! I love seeing complex statue-like items here!

♥ PING ME WHEN REPLYING ♥
♥ ID ~ 50744 ♥
Premade Paintie Parlor
Starbeast Species Thread
J's Art Shop
24 Mar 2020, 10:48 am
Baelfin i wish there was a gala preview too! but the staff says they base the gala prices on how many feathers people have gathered before then. users dont really know what other players are getting so its a mystery what the averages/what numbers are being used. 

if there was a number to go to beforehand, id probably get there & just relax personally. 
Y1NzaTF.png
24 Mar 2020, 10:49 am
Lab said:
i actually have a question related to the ingredients, where do you find bashful blossoms and white fabric the most or the easiest? I have absolutely no fabric and i had maybe 10 blossoms from who knows where lol
blossoms are dropped in a few battlegrounds, i know when you defeat a mimic they always drop 2. they also drop in the Abyss. also serpent fest grounds of course. 

fabric is from the recycler. 
Y1NzaTF.png
24 Mar 2020, 10:49 am
I am having so much fun at this festival (my first!) so I don’t know what I could really improve, but perhaps more cloud pets? There so cute
Hey nice to meet you! I’m Hawk, I don’t bite.
24 Mar 2020, 10:59 am (Edited 24 Mar 2020, 12:35 pm)
This year's event is definitely a massive upgrade from previous years. You can tell a lot of thought and care was put into the mechanics for this year's festival and I absolutely love that.

I think the recipes for crafting the offerings need adjusting. I'm a veteran player and I have plenty of resources on hand. A lot of the recipes require WAY too many reagents to be worth making (10 of EACH SR plant? 50 white fabrics? you've got to be kidding me). Lowering the amount of reagents the recipes need would make this event a lot more accessible and a lot less frustrating to both newer and veteran players. The smoke and tapestry recipes in particular are terribly balanced. The sabre and cake ones are fine.

Lowering the HP of the enemies in the battlegrounds wouldn't go amiss either. It's weird that these enemies have so much HP. It's much more of a grind than I'd like and I can't even imagine how time-consuming it is for players with less developed warriors to grind for the materials that are needed for the offerings (and can often only be reliably found in the serpent battlegrounds).

That said, I love the adjustments to this year's event. It really feels more like a festival and less like a dump for hoarded animals and equipments :) All it could use is some adjustments to make it feel less like a chore.
UKsyafQ.png
24 Mar 2020, 11:17 am (Edited 24 Mar 2020, 11:18 am)
I think so? I don't remember the first one I was in but now knowing what to do helps a lot!
oh boy, umm I'll come back to this when I think of stuff to improve on
mhm! I love all of it! And the chibi are just,, WOW!
having fun?
mhm!
I like the serpent but I find it has a lot of health in the battlegrounds
more of a casual but I'm on here a lot for a casual player and with the festival on I just hope my internet stays good.
Oh yeppers!
Hyperbole
I agree with you 100%
------------------------------------------------------------
~ Female ~ She/her ~ Canadian ~ Vocaloid and UTAU lover ~ Anime and Manga lover ~ Artist ~ + 1 h FV time
------------------------------------------------------------
1wgCe4X.png I am Autochorissexual1wgCe4X.png
4752-dragonsmaw-crest-button.png my heart is in Dragonsmaw
please ping! you can do so by @Usernamehere
24 Mar 2020, 11:27 am
The Serpent may not have any of my tapestries. They are too beautiful I must hoard them.
24 Mar 2020, 11:35 am
I am confused about the pets they gave us. They are supposed to have a 1 day cool down period for breeding, but it says I can't breed them for the first time for 2 days?
TTFN - Tigger from Winnie the Pooh.
I love Tigger and my fursona, Squeakie II. He is my precious boy.♡
My toyhou.se
5633056_v8G.png7909406_7ja.png
Art in signature by Abaddon & Hamichu
24 Mar 2020, 11:41 am
The Serpent may not have any of my tapestries. They are too beautiful I must hoard them.

xD... same
I will preserve my chance of super rare cakes for future feasts... the serpent will have all the swords and animals, but hardly will get cake or tapestries from me.
24 Mar 2020, 11:41 am
TigTigrou what day does yours say? they should be breedable tomorrow if you got them today. i bred the ones i got yesterday today. 
Y1NzaTF.png
24 Mar 2020, 11:43 am
TigTigrou
Oh, what date does it say they're breedable by?