serpent festival discussion/feedback thread

24 Mar 2020, 10:43 pm
=(. I do NOT like the Warrior battlegrounds for this event! I adored the one we had for TEP and I felt it was perfect for encouraging beginning warriors and older warriors alike. This current rate is insane! I'm glad you dialled it back, but c'mon, the 'training' ground is harder than the regular Serpent battleground. Even with a level 21 warrior, it's taking me over 12 hits per bad guy to win. I don't even bother with the big Serpent, I simply run away.

I'm seriously struggling with Earthen Slabs (which is impressive given how many I had onhand to start with), and ditto the blossoms. The slime is equally difficult to get.

First impressions, I love all the artwork!!! ^=^ I enjoy making the cakes, idols and sabres, but am quickly running out of supplies. And possibly saddest of all, I have a lot of E plorers, but have only come across the event a handful of times =( maybe make that happen more often? Perhaps put the Earthen slabs in the Recycler shop, or have them and blossoms drop more frequently??
24 Mar 2020, 10:53 pm
As someone who has never been into pet breeding this is a major bummer that breeding is the only way to get all the colors of cloud pets.

Also since I've had to set every villager class to active for this event it means I am down to two explorers instead of my preferred four, meaning the crystals for the new villager colors are a nightmare to get (only gotten one so far)

Does seem more balanced than past years but dislike how some things are easier at crafting than others, despite seemingly having the same value to the serpent.
dawn_of_eternity.gif
24 Mar 2020, 11:02 pm
SparkleWolf404 cloud pets will also be in the gala shop when it opens, so you dont need to breed. hopefully theyll be priced ok.
Y1NzaTF.png
24 Mar 2020, 11:02 pm
1.do you think its an improvement?  

Yes but little out the path.

2.what can be done to make it better?  

Less material requires and stop ask us those resources only few people selling, it way work at a game have 3000+ playing, not on FV.

3.are you satisfied with the event?  

No , it can be better, just some little change.

4.having fun?  

Before running out resources and found I can't buy it , Yes , it's fun .

5.what parts do you like and dislike? 

Like:They change something this year
Dislike :And it look more worse ……

6.are you a casual player or new player? veteran? 

I think I am a casual player, I didn't spend many time on FV , even I login everyday.

7.do you like the items so far? 

It looking good.

8cea74a10eb805d69a44d223f7bbae80.gif

You know what I am crazy now

25 Mar 2020, 10:07 am
I run two pretty hard hitting warriors so the grounds aren't a struggle., but I use really expensive and hard to find event equipment. I used my budget warrior just to see what everyone is talking about and I agree, the difficulty curve is pretty steep between the two grounds. And the easy one isn't easy. My budget warrior ate dirt a lot.

The drop rate for earthen slabs is also pretty bad considering how many you need. The drop rate for blacksmith materials is fine since it's a safe assumption that if you're running some high level warriors you probably have a blacksmith. But the crafters and tailors are not getting enough to work with.
tumblr_pjdta5FzHr1wf56zyo6_r1_400.png
[: Athena || AroAce || Art for Amethystine Materials :]
[: Icon by jakdacrowe :]
26 Mar 2020, 9:55 am (Edited 26 Mar 2020, 10:06 am)
1. do you think its an improvement?
I guess? i don't really know as a casual I'm finding it very hard to even participate in it.

2. what can be done to make it better?
Simplify it, is there a reason that the easier to breed pets aren't being accepted? are they not good enough for the serpent? why are the battle grounds even the 'easy' levels so hard?

3. are you satisfied with the event?
No, i'm barely participating, i did check up on the site frequently in anticipation but it seems like an item dump event for people who have the time/resources

4. having fun?
No,

5. what parts do you like and dislike?
the art is great, the needing time/resources mechanic sucks. I was hoping for something fun and this wasn't and I'm not to sure if I even want to put in the effort, this time. U.U

6. are you a casual player or new player? veteran?
casual veteran I suppose, i was hoping for maybe one or two shop items but doesn't look like I'll get anything to donate to the serpent because its expensive tastes.

7. do you like the items so far?
the art is nice,

edited due to a computer/user error. My lappy is old it could attend grade school and some of the buttons are loose/sensitive
xSRsBu0.pngnYno2vL.png
26 Mar 2020, 1:34 pm
1) do you think its an improvement?
Honestly, not really. All the crafting items, other than the cake, are too difficult/expensive to make for almost all casual players. and not being able to collect pets to give to the serpent made getting feathers much harder.

2) what can be done to make it better?
Reduce the required materials needed for all the new craftable items. Especially for the banners and scimitars.

3) are you satisfied with the event?
Eh, not really...

4) having fun?
Sadly no...

5) what parts do you like and dislike?
I like the way the items look, but hate how hard it is to get most of them. I can't even figure out where to get the new magic stones.

6) are you a casual player or new player? veteran?
Casual veteran

7) do you like the items so far?
Yeah, just hate I can't afford most of them or can't figure out where to get them.

beta_testers_guild_by_rainbywolf-daq5qro
Beta Testing Survivor
Part of the "I'm not a furry, I'm just here for the art" club.
she/her | 25
hq3qoce.png
26 Mar 2020, 1:55 pm
Im finding the festival explore event is next to non existant. I havent gotten it at all past day 1.

Anyone else in that boat?
<3
26 Mar 2020, 2:14 pm
Im finding the festival explore event is next to non existant. I havent gotten it at all past day 1.

Anyone else in that boat?

Yep. Found it twice on day one. Haven't seen it since. I gave up today because it's impossible to find and I am doing better grinding anyway.

This fest has good stuff but the drops and rates are out of whack. I know Furvilla loves impossible drop rates but this is ridiculous.
tumblr_pjdta5FzHr1wf56zyo6_r1_400.png
[: Athena || AroAce || Art for Amethystine Materials :]
[: Icon by jakdacrowe :]
27 Mar 2020, 2:59 pm (Edited 27 Mar 2020, 9:29 pm)
8 explorers and I've only found the explore event twice so far. I mean I haven't been that active as of late but last event it was loads easier to collect the stones.

EDIT I got 3 of them in the same hour. RNG heard me complain.
30 Mar 2020, 12:32 am
pleasantly surprised by the prices of things.

should take 245 feathers to get one of everything (includes pets & other items you may have already, so could be less)
Y1NzaTF.png
30 Mar 2020, 10:19 am
I wish we could buy multiple items (of the same item, like stickers) at a time from the gala, it would be A LOT easier for people who want to hoard things in their storage. I usually get 10 of every sticker to save and it takes ages to buy them all.
Loading 99% complete...
30 Mar 2020, 11:25 am
Dubstep yeeep its pretty rough. ive found opening the "continue" link in a new tab makes it slightly faster (control + click on it) as then you can just click 10 times on the item without your page reloading (it doesnt reload when you close the popup either). problem is you end up with 578549857948 tabs
Y1NzaTF.png
30 Mar 2020, 11:29 am
I find it nice they increased the daily breedings from 50 to 100, the supplies bag is great too, is not as good as allowing uncommon animals to be gifted to the serpent, but it's still good.

Also, what Dubstep said. Please!
30 Mar 2020, 11:34 am
So I am an active veteran player, so I do not think the event is that bad. I choose not to craft because as already stated the drop rates on the bulk items are extremely low. I have four active explorers with 32 explores each so I get the events pretty frequently. I feel as if it takes 30+ minutes to craft something though, I should get more than one feather. I get a single feather for the schemas/recipes that I do not want.
30 Mar 2020, 12:02 pm
Whelp, here are my two cents worth.

1. do you think its an improvement?
Not really. They wanted to make it easier for casuals and new players to participate but, instead, made it tailored more for veterans and active players. The amounts needed are too high for casuals and new people. The battlegrounds are too strong for casuals and new people. Basically it's way unbalanced. That's one thing they should have never changed and kept it closer to what it used to be.

2. what can be done to make it better?
Like I said above, put it more in line with how it used to be. Everyone dumping the unwanted pets from the last village event. Casuals generally tend to play more when there are events than in between. Hence why even casuals would have a lot of spare pets on hand.

3. are you satisfied with the event?
Not really. I can barely bake one cake a day, let alone try to craft anything else. I had just enough for one idol, but that was it.

4. having fun?
Breeding aspect, yeah. Everything else. Not so much.
5. what parts do you like and dislike?
See above.
6. are you a casual player or new player? veteran?
Casual Veteran. I've been here since the day beta opened. I'm mostly active during events (even if I don't always participate in every aspect of it.) I do log in every day for the streak, but that's about it.

7. do you like the items so far?
Goats, what's not to love about them? I like the items, they're pretty neat. Especially the Purple Rain reference (most won't know what I'm talking about.) Pretty much won't get anything from the gala this year but maybe one or two items.
30 Mar 2020, 12:33 pm (Edited 30 Mar 2020, 12:50 pm)
do you think its an improvement? - what can be done to make it better?

Yes and no. I've never really had much time to sit down and spend many hours on this game - currently is a tad different as we are all going through quarantine (even with that in mind I still have things that I need to tend too in real life.) I've just been struggling with everything and have only been able to get 30 feathers so far. I have 36 total as I had 6 left over from the last event.

What I like:
• The prices aren't as drastic as they used to be in the gala shop as it's harder to get feathers.
• You get some variety in so you don't feel like you're mindlessly grinding or searching for items.
• Been given extra breeding charges per hour.
• Battlegrounds has been added.
• The serpent has been given an extra week to stick around as last year it only stayed for 2 weeks before leaving.
• You get to keep the serpent recipes indefinitely.
• They added a little goody bag from Warren that gives you regents.

What I don't like:
• Some recipes are either imbalanced or ask for too much (I know it's already been mentioned, but I have to agree)
-- Especially with the blacksmith recipe (Serpent's Sabre). I've been in the battlegrounds and have not had any shadow slime, crystallized tooth, rusted steel drop. I feel since they're included in the recipe they should be able to drop there as every other regent for other recipes are dropping. The prices aren't really bad in the stalls except for shadow slime.
- Scratch that, noll helped me figure out how you can get those regents. Thanks again!
• Intertwining in the previous bullet point, the earthen slab drops should be increased a tad too.
• You have to wait 3 hours for your seed lot to get done. Might be complaining a bit too much with that, but since this festival isn't around so much and it's already hard enough to get everything, I feel a time boost should be added for the event. As with the keepsake boosts all you get are yield one and that's good too, but time is more crucial.
• The serpent doesn't give you rare pets anymore. My RNG has been pretty sucky as of late with breeding and that was the only way I was able to obtain those colors. I mean it's good that they're in the shop, but I tend to like to get the other items than the animals. Especially since you need to get 2 of each if you don't have any to have a complete pair.

What should be added/fixed:
• I've noticed the crystal explore event rarely pops up, I've only gotten 2 out of this whole time. Since most of us are only have one explorer compared to two-four, it should be increased. As well as (I don't really know if it's in that same explore event or another one) the one to get the recipes.
• The serpent should definitely give you a little bit more feathers for recipes that are harder to complete (this is unless they fix unbalanced ones or increase the way to get the regents - especially with the ones I listed for the serpent's sabre)
• The serpent battlegrounds are fine for me and as I don't venture into the training one, but taking in what others have said - the training grounds should be made easier.

are you satisfied with the event? - having fun?
Yes and no. Kinda intertwines with my reasons above.

are you a casual player or new player? veteran?
Casual, possibly a veteran.

do you like the items so far?
Yes! I really like all the unique designs and colors. As well as with the crystals you can create villagers from!
Minor (17) | She/Her | +1 FVT
18226000_VeaEYv1jRZYkQnd.png
-------------------------------------------------
Poke me if I still haven't answered you as I'm very forgetful!
Icon ©lunarlicorice - Sig ©Enchanted_skies
30 Mar 2020, 12:42 pm
WhiteVixen the scrap (shadow slime, tooth, steel) sort of drop in the battlegrounds, but not directly. instead they drop broken greatswords which give you those item when scrapped with a blacksmith (14-20ish of steel, 0-4 slimes, etc)
Y1NzaTF.png
30 Mar 2020, 12:48 pm
noll
Oh! Thank you for that ;w;!!
Even though I've been here for a while I'm still totally new to certain careers (especially blacksmith).
Since this whole time I thought the shadow slime was a drop from one of the higher up battlegrounds as I've never ventured in them, haha.
Minor (17) | She/Her | +1 FVT
18226000_VeaEYv1jRZYkQnd.png
Poke me if I still haven't answered you as I'm very forgetful!
Icon ©lunarlicorice - Sig ©Enchanted_skies
30 Mar 2020, 12:50 pm
The article said my active villager needs to be wearing this crown, but I couldn't find any explanation. What's up with that?
Rhen ● 22 ● agender (they/them) ● pansexual ● otherkin
30 Mar 2020, 12:52 pm (Edited 30 Mar 2020, 12:52 pm)
WhiteVixen it drops most often when scrapping super rare (like the broken swords) & rare equipment. glad that helped!

Rhenarra you need to redeem the mask from the news post and equip it to your active villager.
Y1NzaTF.png
30 Mar 2020, 1:19 pm
Do you think its an improvement?
From all the other ones before it yes. I love how it's not about hoarding everything and more about gathering event exclusive items or making event items to chuck at the serpent. It also prevents older users having a huge advantage over noobs which I can appreciate.

What can be done to make it better?
I think there's always room for improvement. There's still some noob disadvantages but that's always gonna happen and it can't be helped if resources are involved. A lot of people already said what could improve the event so I won't touch up on it anymore than they have already.

Are you satisfied with the event?
As of right now no. Mainly because I would love to see more NPC interaction during events and maybe even role-playing or some form of writings that could explain something about QP not known before. Little things like this to make the event even more special and not solely relying on just game mechanics to make an event...well an "event" if that makes sense.

Usually there are official site contests that occur to make up for the creative stuff, but I would like to see site official mini stories or something to give a little more flavor to the event. Plus it would be great for any canon role-plays taking place in FV as well.

Having fun?
Personally yes. I like grinding and collecting and FV so happens to be exactly what I enjoy.

What parts do you like and dislike?
Maybe the drop rate would be what I dislike. What I like is the vast change and quick modifications done to improve gameplay. (such as the warrior complaints that were being made)

Are you a casual player or new player? veteran?
Neither. I have registered the first day of beta of FV, but I've been on/off ever since. So I wouldn't call myself a veteran player.

Do you like the items so far?
Of course! They're all eye-catching and I at least want one of each. More than one for possible sales I could make later on for those that missed the event or couldn't reach their goal.
smile, it looks lovely on you ♥
questing for decorated snowbunny and decorated snowfox
30 Mar 2020, 4:20 pm
I'm curious why the SR versions of the craftable event items aren't in the gala shop, in case someone wants them for a villager but doesn't have time to craft or grind to get them
Loading 99% complete...
30 Mar 2020, 4:50 pm
Dubstep i assume its because the items remain craftable forever outside the event
Y1NzaTF.png
30 Mar 2020, 4:52 pm
Wait, I just got the fact that feathers from this event are not useable and I need to transfer them for useable gala points. How do I do that?