Mastering Medicines

18 May 2020, 1:14 pm
So, I was able to craft medicines with 100% potency but the "mastered" legend below doesn't appear, and I'm not sure if it's registered for the achievements yet.

Do yall still need to craft it 20 times?
Isn't the buff from the costumes supposed to help you save one (1) crafting?
No signature here

20 May 2020, 12:54 pm
The mastery mechanic is going to one day he completely done away with, pending revamp to the career. Ultimately all doctor buffs (from costumes and keepsakes) will give simple crafting speed buffs.
4294-pine-nut-pot-pie.png
20 May 2020, 1:02 pm (Edited 20 May 2020, 1:03 pm)
Since no one wants any kind of illnesses or afflictions to be re-instituted, my fervent hope is that the new "medicines" will be strictly for positive buffs.

There are a lot of ways that these could be "tonics" that increase performance in every conceivable area, including warrior stats, crafting speeds and even Explorer and Warrior turns.

So, in the re-vamp, I hope the focus is strictly on adding value via medicines — not counteracting the "nerf" of diseases, afflictions, etc. which we were all heartily glad to see removed from the game.
There's no need to ping me on my own threads – I’m subscribed!
20 May 2020, 1:05 pm
doctor buffs (from costumes and keepsakes) will give simple crafting speed buffs.
I hope so because it is pretty much a one time buff kinda thing currently

ALSO: I searched all my inventory and shops for a doctor's buff item but there is none =0
No signature here
20 May 2020, 1:06 pm (Edited 20 May 2020, 1:07 pm)
Switchi That's because they knew they would be re-vamping the career, and did not institute any new buffed items for that one career. You can read more about it in the guides to buffed items (both by owners and by Noll).
20 May 2020, 1:24 pm
Thanks Aviva, I supposed that was the reasons, I'm also subscribed to the changes log,

I'd like to know if the sickness will return or we will use the medicines for minipets, in any case I'll keep stocking them for future uses
No signature here
20 May 2020, 2:03 pm (Edited 20 May 2020, 9:27 pm)
I'd like to know if the sickness will return

We are fervently hoping not (see below).

Iin any case I'll keep stocking them for future uses

A clever implementation will simply CONVERT all the currently existing medicines and recipes to the new system, so there should be no loss on the time and effort you have already spent.

Obviously people who used to make a good amount of revenue with the old career do not want to lose that, but there are much better ways for the career to be implemented with the re-vamp.

Some suggestions on a better way to implement the Doctor career are outlined in this thread — and I would value your thoughts after reading that.
20 May 2020, 2:53 pm
Not to spoil too much but when (no definitive timetable for its completion yet) the doctor revamp is completed, medicines will still be utilized, so the recipes you’ve learned and the medicines you’ve saved will not be wasted. Your villagers getting Ill was disabled a awhile back and there are no plans for them to ever come back.
4294-pine-nut-pot-pie.png
20 May 2020, 3:11 pm
Not to spoil too much but when (no definitive timetable for its completion yet) the doctor revamp is completed, medicines will still be utilized, so the recipes you’ve learned and the medicines you’ve saved will not be wasted. Your villagers getting Ill was disabled a awhile back and there are no plans for them to ever come back.

Thank you for taking the time to respond, and for the good news!
20 May 2020, 7:03 pm
Your villagers getting Ill was disabled a awhile back and there are no plans for them to ever come back.

YAAYYY!!
No signature here