Help, need tips for upcoming adopt shop!

24 Jun 2020, 1:38 pm (Edited 24 Jun 2020, 1:41 pm)
So, I've been thinking for a while now about opening a closed species adopt shop, and I think it'll be a great endeavour, mostly to help me practice with art and earning a little extra currency on all my games...
This is also going to be helping me with a future game universe I'd like to create, so there's that.

That being said, however, I've never opened one before and therefore need some advice before I go through with it.

What I have:
I've already planned out the first species to be featured in this possible future shop. In fact, I've drawn (traditionally, of course) the basics of it, and all its variations (one species, 7 different types/skins).
I also have all the lore I need for them at the moment, as well as planned out several features of the shop I wish to include.

What I need:
General tips and suggestions on opening the shop. Tell me what I should know about this. Anything you can think of.

Questions:
I am going to be designing them digitally, of course, soon and I need to know:
Do I have to have a platform such as toyhouse or some other program in order to display my creatures on the topic?
(More questions probably coming soon XP)

Feel free to ask for more details... I haven't included anything specific about the species yet so if ur interested in knowing more about them, I'll gladly add the details!
"According to Astronomy, when you wish upon a star, you're actually a few million years too late.
That star is dead.
Just like your dreams."
-Random google search on Hilarious Space Quotes

24 Jun 2020, 1:55 pm
Im still working on my closed species adopt stuff, but I'd be happy to offer advice!

You don't need toyhou.se- you just need an image hosting site, like imgur or even images sent on discord! However, toyhou.se has some cool stuff on it- like the ability to create a world for your closed species, allowing you to make forums, bulletins, etc. For your closed species universe!
For the furvilla shop, I don't have any specific tips, but if you have any questions I can try and answer!
26 Jun 2020, 5:00 pm
thx! ^^
looking for more suggestions! any tips would be greatly appreciated, as this is my first time doing this
"According to Astronomy, when you wish upon a star, you're actually a few million years too late.
That star is dead.
Just like your dreams."
-Random google search on Hilarious Space Quotes