critique my art please

6 Jul 2020, 11:13 pm
I like to get unbasised opinions from strangers sometimes.

Note: spookpuke/sp0okpuke is the name of my art accounts, hence the signatures not matching my user.

D93172-C8-6-FFF-4692-B5-D4-D726-D42-EC2-
C48380-CB-BC1-D-4-A6-D-8-D12-56788-BF51-
4-BA4-B86-E-BB52-41-BF-A172-2-AA969-DB46
45693-BCE-5-BF0-459-E-BDEE-0-B5-C08998-F
2-B9-A920-F-383-A-4-F1-B-9-BC3-B5-E50-D7
D53289-E9-67-A0-49-FB-B5-F8-5-E4-C7-D589
mistoffelees.png
244658-A3-EA92-45-FF-9258-D9-E5-B9-A3454
HIM2.png
I subscribe to my own topics. Ping me for my attention elsewhere.

6 Jul 2020, 11:51 pm
There isn't much to critique, since every piece is exquisite.
Md8NrIi.png

commission by Swampkeeper
6 Jul 2020, 11:51 pm
Are work is lovely. favorite one here that you showed is the very first one
pet_22398442_shop_2.png <- please click
dwTP4Bj.png?Cl2sL=platform.png?z875f=platform.png
7 Jul 2020, 12:21 am
---tough love critique---

I like the way you draw faces, the shapes are cool and they're expressive which is really good but for the other aspects of your drawing style..

--
the anatomy could use some work, especially the hands feet and the knees. On that devil one knee looks pointy while the other is rounded, it'd be better if you stick to one or the other for consistency or shade in the point on the knee cap. The knees on your other drawing are in between existing and non-existing so you'll need to work on that.

It's nice to have weighted lines but there doesn't seem to be much consistency or reasoning to why some areas are heavier than others. usually heavy lines are for shadows or places where you want heavy contrast to pull in attention like things in the foreground would be heavier lined that things in the background. Or the outline is heavier than the interior detailing lines. Working out when to weight lines takes practice though so just keep working on it and studying art of artists you look up to so you can see when and where they weight their lines.
--

overall your art has a certain charm to it but if you want to push it to a higher level, I'd recommend studying anatomy and how to shade for form (make them look more 3-dimensional )
jhdUcrV.gif
__• FV for FR
__• art shop
7 Jul 2020, 12:23 am
IS THAT HIM THAT I SEE-
*nostalgic noises*
Your art is lovely. I don't really see anything that needs critiquing, to be honest.
I'm the local smol bean, fear me!
- Ajune
Prehistoric_Salad?2.png
Look, ma! I finally learned a tiny bit of BBCode!
7 Jul 2020, 1:06 am
thank you everyone!
7 Jul 2020, 5:05 pm
I like your style, some things to point out:
Specifically: The piece with "Him", the knees don't match (in height and in style (one is pointed the other bulge/rounded)).
Broadly: when it comes to photographing your traditional art try to get equal lighting of your piece. for most of them it seems lighter in one of the corners and gets darker from there, some people might not overlook that, but I've seen far worse lighting and framing than this.

I'd commission you.
When the new stuff gets old, go back to the old and find something new!
-Compilationguy in509H9.png
8 Jul 2020, 11:54 am
just a lil bump
17 Jul 2020, 12:32 pm
baby bump because im still curious
30 Jul 2020, 8:11 pm
I'm not very good at articulating, but your use of form in design is pretty good--probably the most defining thing about your work, in my opinion. At least with the examples you provided, a good chunk have a good feel of weight and use of 3d space, especially the Him drawing. I also see what you're doing with your linework, and although it does add weight to your drawings, it does seem a bit rushed and simplified, which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but I feel like the more details and, well, lines you add, the more finished the piece looks.

With your traditional art, the line weight is very good, better than your digital pieces. It's more consistent, and the colors are good in both mediums. I'd recommend experimenting more with color, though, since some of your pieces lack that punch of color I'd expect from your style (besides the black and white pieces, which are, you know, black and white and stuff).

I'm not going to cover anatomy because you have a stylized grasp on it that isn't really unappealing, but as with every other artist on the entire planet continue developing your artist skillset, draw more bodies, etc. I'm not going to nitpick your pieces on their anatomy except that defining muscles could help with your Cats fanart

oqJrlDF.png