Share Your Newbie Tales

9 Dec 2016, 12:11 am
okay so i started playing furvilla the same time two other of my friends did and needless to say they got far pretty fast, which is awesome! i'm very happy for them!!
and i'm pretty proud of my progress too, but there's just one thing

HOLY FRICKING MOLY MY VILLAGERS ARE GETTING SICK EVERY TIME THEY STEP FOOT OUTSIDE

there was one point where 3/4 of my villagers got sick at the same time. to me i thought this was super common because COULD YOU BLAME ME??
but apparently my friends have gotten sick maybe. twice in total. maaaaaaaaaybe three times.

basically i learned that i host the furvilla plague, mere whisper of progress brings SICKNESS FORTH. (at least a few of my villagers are getting pretty good at medicine : D )

SO, what are your newbie tales? you don't necessarily have to be a newbie, but it'd be fun to hear your first experiences! lucky, unlucky, hilarious, simple misunderstandings, tell 'em all : D let's bond over silly circumstances.

9 Dec 2016, 4:53 am
Mirutanku I feel you, when Furvilla opened for beta and I started playing around, my villagers got sick like .. every time they explored or every time I tried to harvest something. But that was probably because the health system was a bit off then, right now it seems quite ... peaceful. Even though I have heard that a lot of people are dealing with the plague in your village, it must be really terrible lol!
1684-rare-feathered-serpent.png
Desperately looking for two rare feathered serpents,
would highly appreciate any!
9 Dec 2016, 6:15 am
Thankfully, only two of my villagers got sick since I joined. But just in case, I made one of my villagers to be a doctor so he can make potions. :)
On other news, it took me a while to find where the "explore" button was. ^^"
Also at first, I didn't know I could harvest/plant multiple seeds at the same time. I was clicking each pot, waiting for it load, select a seed and wait for it to confirm/refresh it... I never really scrolled down to see the option until few hours ago. XD
~* Hello, I hope you have a nice day!*~
9027417.gif7504533.gif7504527.gif7504532.gif
9 Dec 2016, 6:28 am
for the entire of the first day on furvilla i was like
"okay so,, my villagers have careers now,,,, what do i do with them???"
in my defence I've never playing any other similar game other than flight rising but that one's really easy to understand
only on the second day did i find out that the career shields beside the villager could be clicked on
Xin ☆ 14 ☆ She/her ☆ Singaporean ☆ INTJ
FangfanggclubClub
I'm a beta tester ~
My font color is my ID! #19848
9 Dec 2016, 6:33 am
Bought an animal from the NPC store for 150. Thought "Hey, that's not bad!" It's common. I caught it the first time out with my Animal...Husbander. They're selling in people's shops for 10FC. Whoops.
9 Dec 2016, 6:34 am (Edited 9 Dec 2016, 6:35 am)
My villager's immune systems and bones were PAPER thin in the beginning.
9 Dec 2016, 6:37 am
When I first started, I thought being an explorer would be too common, and thus not make much money, so I started off with a herbalist. I was just ordering seeds from the market for a few days before I realized you got them by exploring- not my greatest moment.

It took me another few months to figure out how to breed animals, as I thought it required a breeding potion but then that was way out of my price range.

Even after everything I'm still too stubborn to ask questions c:
:: haven't played in two years and trying my best ::
9 Dec 2016, 6:38 am (Edited 9 Dec 2016, 6:40 am)
Man, back when beta first started the shitposting was WILD. i'll never forget that farming n' corn lovin' user. RIP you legend
Art Tumblr (SFW)
9 Dec 2016, 6:41 am
When I first joined I didn't know how to navigate the site and that careers weren't automatic. I thought once you switched to them stuff was automatically made haha
oxVC1Y8.png
✦ 17 ✧ They/Them ✧ Beta Tester ✧ Reptile Lover ✦
✦ Icon by TheDappledDragon
9 Dec 2016, 6:44 am (Edited 9 Dec 2016, 6:45 am)
Ahh..I remember being a total newbie, I was like 1 hour trying to find the career option. Also, i remember that i sell everything in my inventory to buy capsule containers...

It was dumb i know but i was a newbie.
sU4Te1Q.png
Female/BetaTester/Artist
9 Dec 2016, 6:45 am
My villagers, too, kept getting sick like dogs (pun intended).

They're still getting sick constantly. Oh, and collection was terrible in Animal Husbandry originally.
9 Dec 2016, 6:46 am
That time all except one of my villagers caught the Plague and my Doctor hadnt master any Med yet
Good times =3
Selling Everything in my Account!!
I have THINGS and Furry MONEY
Looking for art
SfCU3W3.pngCarrot / She/Them / 25SfCU3W3.png
q5l1ObL.png
~ earlyaccess ~

9 Dec 2016, 6:47 am
All of my villagers have gotten sick at least once. I have 2 currently sick. Also, for the longest time I had no idea what the little symbols beside names were.
9 Dec 2016, 6:55 am
I'm not new anymore that's for sure but I used to think quetzal palace's icon was a trashcan and was like "why are they trash, what an awful icon"

TH | DA | FA
25784036_FkyhFtLE3cAnQlx.png
9 Dec 2016, 7:01 am
when i was a newb, on the first week of beta i guess
i sold a 4digit for 3kfc
yea

ZrcYX3U.png

vista by lovingrobot
9 Dec 2016, 7:14 am
Im still technically a newbie, so I dont have much to tell. But I wont forget the time an anonymous frog came to me and gave me money ^ u ^
Broke the damn forums
-Mar 16th 12:03am-
5955845_3E0OD9d8hZBIUsz.png?1515069037
~Twinkle | He/Him | +1 fv time~
DA | TH | DV
9 Dec 2016, 10:45 am
Soon after the beginning of the beta, I wanted to buy 200 sword containers for my doctor.
So I correctly entered the 10k FC needed, but... I didn't change 1 to 200... So I ended up buying one sword container at the cost of 200.
I sell medicines, potions, costumes and raw materials from Olde Foxbury at a fair price. Check my profile to see what my villagers have to offer :)
9 Dec 2016, 10:53 am (Edited 9 Dec 2016, 10:54 am)
Mistook the word Painties for Panties. Did not know if I wanted to look at said area. XD
MMjvS7y.png
9 Dec 2016, 11:40 am
I remember thinking painties said panties as well, and I definitely know the sickness feel.

I basically stumbled in the dark. Made my first villager a warrior like so many new people are doing before I realized explorer was the way to go and it took me SO LONG to realized that the WARRIOR job was where I got half the costume materials from
1qqu10.jpg2ywwtc7.jpg

When it comes to deadly weapons and foul play, Karma's got us all beat.

9 Dec 2016, 12:40 pm
All of these posts relatable. So relatable. Kinda glad (AND SAD) that i'm not the only one who has suffered this mysterious PLAGUE

i'm thankful careers can be changed like every 2 hours because i made my first villager a crafter after changing from explorer. i was so, so, so very lost.
9 Dec 2016, 12:42 pm
I just joined recently and when I sent out one of my villagers to go find seeds, she brought back "Souls of the Damned" and I nearly spit out my drink x3
"Teach a child to read and you give them the key to life" <3
♥ 23 ♥ She/Her/Babe ♥ Latina ♥ Capricorn ♥ "Artist"? ♥ Pan ♥Bookworm ♥ Chatty ♥ Petty ♥ Plushie Obsessed ♥

♥ My toyhouse is ScarletNekolita ♥
9 Dec 2016, 12:44 pm
my first villager was a warrior

I was like beyond confused. I didn't know any better until I saw what others were doing in the forums and I was like "o"
334-26-th.png

Error 404:
"sincerity" and "maturity" modules not found
9 Dec 2016, 12:48 pm
My first villager was a tailor because I was like screw explorers they're too lowbrow I wanna make clothes

Then I realized that the tailor was basically useless without an explorer, and even longer to realize that I needed a warrior as well >v>"

2gtc2g2.gif
★ | #53739 | Site Time +1 | ★
★ | she/her | gay | nerd | happy to help! | ★
★ | "artist" | DeviantArt | meme queen | ★
My icon is by da-py on Tumblr!
9 Dec 2016, 12:50 pm
When I first joined I thought you could only have one villager and spent twenty minutes trying to decide whether Mariella was entirely perfect so I didn't just mess up immediately. Then I figured Animal Husbandry would be a simple, quick, and easy way to make money without needing to rely on other careers. I figured out my mistake pretty quickly. I was also curious and clicked the Adopt on the wandering villagers and got Jackson and realized I could have more than one villager (and get rid of them) and I also had an Explorer finally and realized the importance of that career.

| please ping!! |
helps me keep track of stuff ^.^
9 Dec 2016, 12:51 pm
i didnt know you could change careers until today
pUT nebby in washing machine on warm rinse 4 softest resul t