trans furry fursona discussion ?

13 Dec 2016, 11:34 am
LurkingInTheDarkness that makes total sense! i use my "female" character for dysphoria venting usually, though when i draw her that way she represents me who is not female so??? haha labels get confusing, no worries. sometimes i think we should always put scare quotes around "gender" related concepts.
21 | he/him| fruit bat
13 Dec 2016, 11:37 am
yesterlove yup. I'd also agree on the scare quotes somewhat because these days gender can be a very heated topic.
Dylan | He-Him Pronouns | My Art Shop | Social Media Links
13 Dec 2016, 11:22 pm
Both of my fursonas are trans, but Priest is less obviously so due to his cutesy styling in most art of him. My secondary, Mikal, I've had since before I came out as trans and has transitioned with me (name change and all).
2648032_nLRIrlA9TLVEsBu.png
13 Dec 2016, 11:28 pm
since i think i'm nb, i tend to draw or conceive of my fursona differently on a day to day basis. some days she's very cis fem with long hair and stuff, other days he's more masculine and has short hair or no headfur. clothing usually remains androgynous cause thats what makes me feel comfortable irl
None-Gender with Left Beef
Any pronouns
Call me Chari ^u^

64bbab57-4b8e-11e7-b001-43aca7b05aec.gif
13 Dec 2016, 11:28 pm
I'm adapting my fursona to suit me better, as I'm coming to terms personally with being bigender recently. I was going to create a male counterpart because I thought I might be genderfluid like my partner, but it never really quite fit me. I'm working on making a character that suits me better.
13 Dec 2016, 11:36 pm
My fursona is nonbinary but more "feminine" looking, because thats how i am now. I didnt make them look like me, but rather how i wish i looked, because despite looking "feminine", they still look gender neutral, which is how i want to look, if any of that makes sense.

Basically, my fursona is how i think i would look if it were up to me. Sorry if that doesnt make much sense ^^;
pudloa8d1dd.png
tumblr_m8ch31zh921rd6uvco1_500.gif
plauod8d1db.png

I am a fairy... but which one am I? :3c
13 Dec 2016, 11:42 pm
my fursona is a post-transition trans guy, basically what i'm aiming for. but it's really interesting to look at the history of my fursonas; when i started questioning my gender, i actually created 3 different fursonas, one feminine/female, one masculine/male, and one (the main one that has stayed with me) androgynous. it was a nice way to explore my feelings. i'm sure all artists can agree that art is a great way to help discover who they are.
auv2qa.jpg

mulder ✰ literally fox mulder ✰ he/it
have you considered aliens?
13 Dec 2016, 11:57 pm (Edited 14 Dec 2016, 12:00 am)
I was born female. I use he pronouns myself, but I don't mind others!
I identify as nonbinary, but I'm not very picky. I want to be "third sex."
I intend to transition to hermaphrodite. (I prefer that term over intersex.)
My motto regarding that has always been: "Both? Both. Both is good!"

Offline I am regarded as extremely girly due to my petite frail body.
It doesn't help that I LOVE pink, flowers, lace, bows, and other "girly" things.
These are just interests to me, and I don't think they define my gender.
But I can't help that others use my interests to identify me. It works like that.
We can identify a way, but an identity is not automatically known to others.

Now that you know a bit about me. Let's talk about my fursona and persona.

I've always referred to my fursona as "she" but thought of her as sexless.
She's only a baby, after all. Or, at least, that's how I always drew her.
(I don't identify as a baby. I just like drawing cute balls of fluffiness.)
Recently I've been giving some thought to what she'd look like as an adult.
I've been toying with the idea of making her a hermaphrodite as well.
Perhaps her sexual organs developed over time as she passed puberty?
Regardless of how I adjust her body, I will refer to her as "she" still.
Her femininity is everything that I feel I am not. I admire her for it.
I was born in a female body, but I have always felt very masculine.
My female fursona is a way to explore the mystery part of me.

However. I do have a humanish persona. (Sometimes has ears/wings)
He is a male gendered hermaphrodite. He's who I am. Everything I am.
My male persona is exactly my personality, but in a masculine body.
When I represent myself as him, I feel like I am finally, truly "me."
He has functioning organs of both types, but a flat male chest.
I don't give his organs thought. Most of my focus is on his chest.
I'm very jealous of my persona's flat chest and would love to have it.
I don't have the financial stability or outreach to afford to transition.
So using my persona online gives me a way to just relax and be myself.

All_Neopets_Nobody.png
Nobody | Artist | ISFP | Chaotic Neutral | Erudite | Ravenclaw | Rebel | Horde | Harmony | Level 27 | He ⚨
14 Dec 2016, 12:00 am
My perspective is that In an ideal world, there wouldn't be any such thing as "trans" or "cis" because we would all just start out as the same seed of potential, and would be able to choose how we develop and change forms at will.

I refuse to limit myself to this biology because I know that I am all energy and the binary experience is a temporary one.

I don't really consider myself a physical being, and I see matter as an extension of the mind and if we develop our minds we would actually be able to shapeshift easily.

I know that I've done it before in other dimensions, and I've also been completely male before.

I hate the stigma of being seen as transgender. It feels so much different, and I don't really like to draw attention to that. The thing is, I used to just go online as a guy and part of me is completely male -- but other parts developed differently and would be more fluid, and some female.

I know some people put more focus on being trans as a unique part of their experience. I do try to make the best of my experience now, but I see it from different perspectives not just transgender specific. If anything, I've always liked to think of myself as transcendent so I'd use the trans as in transcendent, transformer, transit, transfer, transistor, etc.

I don't like the term "cis" because people that aren't transgender mock it and it seems unnecessary anyway. I'd rather just not distinguish it and refer to people automatically using energy as a base as opposed to materialism.

Sometimes I consider my base genderless and just work with different energies, but have always had a really dominant male energy that would make himself prominently known. He never connected to being trans or anything, he just always was a guy. He hated being trans to the point that I really abused myself though, and I used my body as a vessel for him to come through and dominate. Pardon if this is too much information, I was going to send a private message at first but I don't have many people to talk to and this just spills.

I haven't talked much about "fursonas" because I haven't really considered myself a "furry" specifically either, I never fit into any community. But I've always felt inexplicably connected with rabbits, and used a reaper rabbit avatar frequently around the internet. I've also always been connected to and favored hyenas. I was mostly attracted to the hyenas on this site, and as I recently signed up I made that my first avatar. His name is Xander, and he's male although I considered using the trans symbol to make a point that's how I identify regardless of the body, I don't have to call myself trans or anything like that. I'm not the body, I'm just wearing it and my essence goes beyond the third dimension but I also have a five dimensional shapeshifting form and this goes way beyond roleplay. Anyway.

I'm experimenting with some other arrangements of energies. I made my rabbit character bigender because it's a binary reaper and I feel like both in the most authentic way. I'm also considering making a two-spirit wolf. Before anything, I identified as bigender but admittedly tried to kill the female due to not being seen properly. I'm reopeeing it now though, knowing myself more intimately and allowing it all to flourish as much as possible.

A lot of the characters I'm making on here are experimental ways of rearranging my energy, and I really want to explore it further. So I made some genderflux, third gender and androgyne as well. In addition to being bigender, two-spirit to begin with, a third part of me formed and I need to acknowledge that too. I also want to make a neutrois one. Sometimes I feel like that with being more mechanical. I just wouldn't want to focus any specifically on the transgender experience biologically or cultural, but prefer to focus on energy development.
10175706_ryN.png 2757303_mkd.gif

EvoryGrimoireLendenVeskerkroevolkture
14 Dec 2016, 12:03 am
I have two fursonas, a kangaroo and a opossum. My kangaroo is a lot more like me, a trans guy, with a pre-transition body. He has a lot of flack trying to hide his pouch. My opossum is who I wish I could be, just your average joe cis guy. I do find it interesting how being trans changes these sort of things, though. :0
he/him/his
14 Dec 2016, 12:26 am
Mallow said:
I'm intersex but I do have breasts I don't want so the scar thing is interesting to me as a concept but I don't think I could ever add it to my own character.... One of the things that makes me saddest is that if by some miracle I do get top surgery there will be huge scars on my chest.... I just want to be who I'm supposed to not have constant reminders of how fucked up my body is.... T_T

I relate to this so much. I want my chest fixed, but the process is hard!
My thought is that if I can afford the surgery, I'll also be able to afford tattoos!
I WILL COVER UP THE STUPID CHEST NONSENSE WITH BADASH ART!

Thank you for posting your thoughts and feelings.
I've never talked about this kind of stuff to anyone but my partner.
It's so nice to have a thread here where we can discuss our lives.
Nobody | Artist | ISFP | Chaotic Neutral | Erudite | Ravenclaw | Rebel | Horde | Harmony | Level 27 | He ⚨
14 Dec 2016, 12:22 pm
Artist

Tattoos are a cute idea, I've seen quite a few people do that. ^^ I'm wayyy too indecisive to get a tattoo, I'd have no idea what kind of picture I would like to have on me forever. lol

I'm happy we all have a place to discuss too. :3c a lot of people don't like to hear about this stuff for some reason so its nice when others want to listen and even relate...
1a5.jpg
14 Dec 2016, 4:20 pm
Most, if not all, of my anthro characters are trans in one way or another. I have no current true fursona but most of mine end up being really feminine boys, non binary or transboys :P
Beta Tester. Survived discourse, salt and 2 bans so ask me anything!
My current state of being is just ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

edit_by_kayctricky_by_666maids-danvpdc.p

The boar's sin of gluttony!

TH || dA || Adopt Thread
14 Dec 2016, 6:20 pm
my main fursona's gender is pretty relaxed
he uses he/him pronouns mostly idk why

i don't really like giving him a label but ?? i guess in general he's just nonbinary
tumblr_inline_mxterySqpa1rrry1n.gif
Udt0jGg.pngFOnLMYk.png
v8iljti.pngK3NxWEt.png
Sorry if I misread or say something weird.
15 Dec 2016, 7:43 am
First fursona (also pictured in my sig) is a trans boy - since back then that's how I identified at the time! He uses mostly androgynous/masc clothes because at the time That Dysphoria was high and that was my way of validating myself.

My most recent "fursona" (in quotes because it's not necessarily a fursona, at this point it's a representation of me in any way. it's a weird reptile thing in case people can't tell dfjhk - think of it as a kobold) is agender and uses it pronouns, just like I do atm + has my body type :D (less stylized, of course) and uses a lot of feminine clothes because Why the hell Not
Cal | It/He | Pretty cool
MjdO94z.png
tumblr_inline_nqpyqrmK471rq5cm5_500.gifNyas | Pet?tumblr_inline_nqpxlnUy8N1rq5cm5_500.gif
15 Dec 2016, 6:34 pm
My fursona is nonbinary like me, but has he/him pronouns instead of my preferred they/them. I decided to have him wear a binder rather than have top surgery though because that represents me and my goals at the moment the best. I don't really intend to ever address his genitals because that's something that in a way I wish I didn't need to have or worry about at all. I plan to have him change with me as I go through things and he's been an amazing outlet to explore my gender expression. I've recently started hormones so I get the feeling I'm going to be drawing him a lot more in the near future as I work out the changes in my life. At the moment I draw him mostly androgynous as that's the expression I prefer for myself.

Its really nice to see a thread dedicated to this! There aren't a lot of outlets to talk about this kind of thing so I'm really glad to see a thread about it.
16 Dec 2016, 4:16 pm
Both fursonas/OC I use and have are what I would like to be, male. So I make them that way. I actually feel more comfortable making them straight up male than something in between or not what I am. Even then they would prefer to be known as a male either way. It's just what they are.
AN7M9x.gif
21 Dec 2016, 4:12 pm
I am genderfluid and swing pretty wildly around on the spectrum, and my fursonas pretty much match that. I only have one cis 'sona and that's Fizz, everyone else is trans or non-binary. I like being able to explore gender with fictional characters. Gender is a human construct anyways so I feel like anthro animals would pretty much throw the binary out the window and do what they want.
Frank || they/them || Aries || Slytherin || Carbon-based
Hit me up for pokemon trades and soup recipes

22 Dec 2016, 9:00 am
My fursona is female because she... just is? That's just how she showed up, and just like I don't judge other people if they show up 'fancy' to the party, I don't judge those who show up in their pajamas. Or something. :x I've thought about maybe making a male fursona for myself, but nobody has showed up yet, and I'm not forcing it.

In one of my webcomics, though, I have an entire race that is born as hermaphrodites. When they've grown up, they choose a gender identity. (It's not set in stone, though, and they can always change it later if they want.) When someone from a different race has gender-identity issues, it's usually just assumed that they're being influenced by a past life, and no one makes much of a fuss over it. Because, you know, they are who they are?
124918_original.gifMy Stoofs:
FA: New | Olde || dA || FR || Webcomics! || tumblr
22 Dec 2016, 9:48 am
everyone's stories are so interesting! sorry i haven't been responding to each person individually--finals week and all that...glad this thread is still going, though nvn!
21 | he/him| fruit bat
22 Dec 2016, 9:52 am
i'm honestly all over the place, i have feminine male ones, and really masculine male ones. Though, mostly my fursonas are bugs and theyre impossible to gender by other peoples standards which i love. pretty much all of them are trans though
he/him
i love bugs
23 Dec 2016, 9:51 am
!!! i'm rlly glad theres lots of other trans furs here!!

i'm a gender nonconforming trans guy (so i'm a guy but i don't act very typically masculine) but my first sona ever that i made when i was 13 was portrayed as a cis guy because i had just discovered i was trans and i was SUPER dysphoric all the time, and so i got really assertive about wishing i was a cis guy

years later im a lot more comfy with being trans!! i want a lower dose of T and i don't really want surgeries (maybe just a chest reduction but not removal) and my sona is reflective of that!! he's a pre-op kinda-androgynous-looking trans guy just like me!! drawing him helps me feel comfier with myself, too
tumblr_inline_os61yi0qhg1t700j8_500.pngtumblr_inline_os61ukTMAU1t700j8_500.pngtumblr_inline_os61y7OJr41t700j8_500.png
jackson ★ 22 ★ ♂ (he/him) ★ i/ENFP ★ ♋
you need to ping me if u want me to see smth!
23 Dec 2016, 10:26 am (Edited 23 Dec 2016, 10:27 am)
I came back to furvilla to check on something and stumbled upon this thread so I'll just say a little something!

I'm a trans guy, a minor (aka pre-op), and have been on T for a little over a year. Honestly I never have really drawn my fursonas much or been very involved in the furry community, but just my being a bystander and observing the furry community helped me discover my gender. I always perceived myself as a big tomboy, and one of my first fursonas was a girl named 'Tom'. she eventually became a cis male, but I haven't drawn him in a LONG time.

I still prefer drawing OCs rather than my fursona, and my current fursona I've never drawn as anthro. however, I project at least a little bit onto all my characters. and because of flight rising I have lots of them. In my mind very few of my characters are cis because I think the world needs more varied rep of trans people; so some of my characters are pre-hormones, pre-surgery, post-hormones,post-surgery, etc etc etc. I don't think I would ever represent myself as a cis man, but I think that doesn't necessarily dictate how I would draw myself/fursona/etc. Being transgender is an important part of my person, and I want all trans bodies to be seen and recognized as their true gender instead of the gender they might have been assigned.

sometimes I draw dysphoric vent art but not just of my characters; it could be a headcanon I have for a character from a book/show/etc that is trans.

basically for me, when drawing a character I rarely think about their body, and I just determine their gender (or whether they are cis/trans) completely independently from how I draw them. an exception would be if I specifically want a character to represent some aspect of body positivity that I feel is lacking.

hopefully this all makes sense ha
30 Dec 2016, 3:19 pm (Edited 30 Dec 2016, 3:45 pm)
Ahhh this is a great thread! It's interesting to see how people's characters and fursonas are in some ways manifestations of their relationship to gender identity.

As for myself I'm a trans guy with a few fursonas that explore different presentations, especially since I have some body dysmorphia (different from dysphoria) surrounding my weight.

My main fursona, Pulsifer is sort of an idealized version of myself. They have my most desired body type, and can, if they want, be considered a cis-male. But since they are an Android with replaceable parts they could have any combination of physical traits. And although they were originally created to be androgynous, they began identifying themselves as male as they gained further sentience and self-awareness. After their creator died, they began making modifications to their body to appear more how they would like.

I also have a Samoyed/Wolf mix character, Brody, who is a trans male like myself, but he also has an idealized body type. But personality-wise he is just me, living life.

Currently I'm working on another character that I am creating in an attempt to feel more "okay" with the reality of my body type, and to see a character like myself be shown as attractive and desireable. I still haven't settled on a species, though currently I'm playing with the idea of an akita. I can't get too deep into this character here or link an image, on account of the rating of the thread. But yeah, I'm hoping that making this character more accurate to myself, and loving the character I'll be able to love myself a little more.

And I have another character, while not being a fursona, is still a character that I made to represent myself. His name is E0N, and he's also an android like my main fursona, but while his body type is that of a cis-male, in personality and presentation he is much more feminine than Pulsifer. Basically, if I'm in a furry space online, I use Pulsifer to represent myself, but if I'm not in furry space I represent myself as E0N.
Eon | He/Him | INTP | Fz5kN2C.png
My FA Page | I take Commissions and Trades!
Play FR? Looking to Rehome many dragons. Send me a message if you're intersted in any of them here.