Sergal trubles

11 Dec 2016, 4:43 pm
so in my design I have small/thin markings and a circular shape!

I have got the needed suplies yet , but im hesitent from the fact I DONT know how to sew small parts!

do I try handsewing them? (my handsewing SUCKKKS)

DX

the design in question
kandi_by_jmqestar-darfbpu.png

see? tons of small detials... DX

current suplies
eye mesh
jaw outerlip,tounge

needed:
base
eye base (with eyelids)
fur
Like my villagers? Check out my shop!
http://www.furvilla.com/forums/thread/35555-galapyres-paintie-shop-open

12 Dec 2016, 11:58 am
Are the small sections going to be white like in the picture? If so, you could try bleaching the fur! (definitely test on scrap first!!!)
12 Dec 2016, 12:01 pm
You may want to consider using a white fur base and airbrushing the proper color on, that way you can also texture it :o
12 Dec 2016, 12:09 pm
(that sounds like a way better idea don't listen to me omg)
14 Dec 2016, 6:34 pm
Yeah start off with light colors and airbrush on darker colors. If you're gonna do airbrushing, do it that way and not the reverse (light airbrush on darker fur) because it probably won't look right
15 Dec 2016, 12:40 pm
Would the fur be short in that region? I'm semi-new to fursuit making, (only made 1, working on a second one) but an idea that -might- work is painting on the markings with fabric paint. I have absolutely no idea if it'd work or not, but I'd assume that if the fur was short, you could use some white fabric paint (maybe try using it normally and using it diluted, but with multiple layers) you could have small markings, without sewing, that could still be cleaned easier than acrylics.

Might be worth a shot! Just test it on scrap fur, of course, if you do decide to try it. :'D
Let us not grow weary of doing good.
tumblr_nuy1i6uLGo1uoohs3o1_400.gif
15 Dec 2016, 2:45 pm
If you're determined to have them be separate pieces and not painted/airbrushed, handsewing sounds like a good way to do it! As long as you have some decently strong thread and know how to backstitch (a nice and easy technique) you could add in those fiddly pieces!
Just remember to leave seam allowance on the face itself (aka make the holes for markings smaller than the markings) and the marking pieces (bigger than they should be on the face) and you should be golden! Don't forget, a seam-ripper is a handsewer's best friend, so if they're not right the first time take them out and have another go! Don't give up! (If you don't have a stitch-ripper, some small, sharp scissors will do the trick! Just be sure to mind your fur!)
Here is a tutorial for backstitching! This one's meant as an embroidery tutorial, but backstitch is a good, strong choice for handsewn seams as well!
siggy_by_cryptozoolo_by_princess_celesti
16 Dec 2016, 8:34 pm
ahhhh fabric paint on fur makes the fibers clumpy, you can dry brush marks on, with acrylic paint but it takes a lot of time and effort to get dry brushing right, probably just like airbrush work

I'd probably hand sew, since I don't have an airbrush, but also its easier to clean just fur you don't have to worry about the airbrushing fading, or the bad sticky airbrushing.
xSRsBu0.pngnYno2vL.png
28 Dec 2016, 12:46 am
Rhhhh I feel like I'm in over my head xD
Like my villagers? Check out my shop!
http://www.furvilla.com/forums/thread/35555-galapyres-paintie-shop-open