First Time Fursuiter - tips for me? (info too)

20 Dec 2016, 11:04 am
Well for a long time I kept this a secret, that I had a fursuit.

Who made it for me? My mom of course!

She made me the most comfy suit ever when I was a kiddo! Since then I had this... feeling of being in one. Like it was pure joy that I could just- be myself! Well to be truthful I love fursuits! Like its a weird thing but I feel so lively as a Fur! Then I actually landed a job as a fursuit wearing goof ball!! Normal people call it "costumed characters" or "mascots". I was a deer for a very popular tourist trap where I live (CDA Light Show) and it re-awakened my long hidden passion for being a fur!

Sure it might sound like a weird thing... like well why would I keep it a secret?

See, I am not comfortable with how people treat costume characters. I am actually a Monster and not just a Fur. I play more monsters than Furs I do not do it for the fettish either I actually do it because a lot of kids enjoy seeing animals walking around. We are basically giant living plushies.... I gladly accept that title. I hid my love for these types because I have seen people bully others... Makes me all sad and hurt.

I am wanting to learn to fursuit so I can make one for a friend and myself.

I am working on a DTD (tape dummy) but other than that this is WAY different than making monsters. This part of the forum is helpful but I have no idea how to make a head... or a body or even work with fur o.o

I have made latex masks... i have made plaster masks and cloaks and stuff... but how do you begin with a fursuit besides a DTD?

http://i.imgur.com/dYsr2Qx.png < this is all me - person, mask and costume done by me save for the watch - sword and pouch. this is what i can do so maybe... fursuits will be kinda easy?

ehR7Kgr_d.jpg
I plan to do full custom Paintie auctions later... Just trying to get Tokens is hard haha
Commission Stall Painties

20 Dec 2016, 12:38 pm
There are a ton of step-by-step tutorials online for every part of crafting a fursuit. I would recommend Matrices.net, because her tutorials are easy to understand for beginners. She has videos on Youtube as well.

If you are having trouble with any aspect of fursuit making, just search a query on Youtube: "How to make a fursuit tail" or "how to make fursuit handpaws" or "how to make 3D fursuit follow-me eyes". Whatever is troubling you at the time.

Don't be bothered by people who treat costumers poorly. Surround yourself with people who have similar interests. At our local furry bowling parties, there are so many of us that people don't seem to bother us as much. There is safety in numbers!
k0Mck0k.png
FADA