Nudragons! [Closed Species Adoptables]

25 Dec 2016, 11:45 pm (Edited 14 Oct 2018, 8:51 pm)
No need to ping me in this thread, I've subscribed to it!

Hi! I’m Emerald, and I designed these little guys called nudragons!
I originally planned to release the species on Deviantart, but the response to Radish was so nice that I decided to post them here first!

Here is the Deviantart group, where adoptables, custom slots, and other announcements will be posted at the same time as on this thread.

If you own a nudragon, feel free to make it a paintie, I will give you the Furvilla-size image along with the regular ~1000px image if you ask. It'd be nice if you credited me in the description and tagged it as 'nudragon' so I can find it when it gets accepted!

Also, if you ever make art/have art made of your nudragon, please show me! I'd be super excited to see it! You can earn currency rewards from drawing nudragons!

nEVksv7.png Pinglist rLPGU1G.png

Due to the rising size of the pinglist, I've created an editable spreadsheet here so you can add or remove yourself whenever you'd like! The 'Adoptable' pinglist is for the adoptable batch releases. The 'Customs' pinglist is for when custom slots become open. The 'General' pinglist is for both, or other announcements.

If you're experiencing issues with editing the spreadsheet, just let me know and I'll add/remove your name for you. Please specify which list you'd like to be on!
emerald / 21 / they/them
nEVksv7.png i make nudragons rLPGU1G.png
sWw4lux.png free soup! 2QZIMYs.png

25 Dec 2016, 11:49 pm (Edited 4 Nov 2017, 1:32 am)
nEVksv7.png Traits rLPGU1G.png

nudragon_traits_crop_by_emeraldox-daj5aq
Full size image

Here is my Deviantart gallery where you can see more in-depth explanations of traits!

Breeding Info

Limited Trait Info
emerald / 21 / they/them
25 Dec 2016, 11:51 pm (Edited 8 Apr 2017, 2:02 am)
nEVksv7.png Biology rLPGU1G.png

nudragon_biology_crop_by_emeraldox-daj5a
Full size image

nEVksv7.png Sociology rLPGU1G.png

nudragon_social_crop_by_emeraldox-daj5ar
Full size image

nudragon_biology__continued_by_emeraldox
Nudragons don't have teeth, but gastropods have a radula, which is basically a tongue with tiny little teeth on it. Gastropods feed by scraping food with the radula. So I guess nudragon tongues would feel like cats' tongues? But if they lick you they could also be trying to eat you.

I call them nu-'dragons,' but they're not really very dragon-like, except for the magic stuff. They're basically just slugs with more limbs than usual, which makes it hard to choose which taxonomic class they would fit into, since they have bilateral symmetry and multiple legs, like cephalopods but unlike gastropods (asymmetrical & one foot). Maybe they'd be a new class under Mollusca if they don't fit either class? I dunno.

Also, they're invertebrates, and since no mollusks with four or six limbs exist on land, I don't actually know if they would be able to support their own weight! A friend of mine showed me the Megasquid, a speculative squid that evolved a stronger muscle system to move on land. Maybe nudragons have something like that!

emerald / 21 / they/them
25 Dec 2016, 11:52 pm (Edited 15 Oct 2018, 10:05 pm)
nEVksv7.png Currently Available Adoptables rLPGU1G.png

adopt_23_26_2_by_emeraldox-dcpglhv.png
Image will take you to the Deviantart post!

Pond Lily--$12
-Four Legs
-Long Plumed Rhinophores
-Breathing Method: Gills

Circuit Board--$12
-Four Legs
-Straight Rhinophores
-Breathing Method: Gills
-Bioluminescent (20% rarity!)

Eyespots--$12
-Six Legs
-Plumed Rhinophores
-Short Plumed Wings
-Breathing Method: Wings

Honeycomb--$12
-Six Legs
-Short Curled Rhinophores
-Short Cerata Wings
-Breathing Method: Wings

Adoptables with unique art (see below; example, not for sale) are usually priced at 20-25 USD.
ZcqhBLG.png

Each adoptable name is just a nickname, once you buy them you can name them whatever you like!
I will give you the full-size file, but you can ask for a Furvilla size or the PSD if you'd like.

nEVksv7.png Customs rLPGU1G.png

YqOAsal.png
Customs are 15 USD / 150 pearls when using the base above, while customs with unique art are 25 USD. If your design is more complex than usual, I might add a couple dollars onto the price, sorry.
The base has a lot of variations, so if you're looking for traits for your custom, here is a folder that contains all the features I've drawn so far! I can do traits that I haven't drawn before yet, too. (Note: the folder is currently out-of-date, so you can take a look at the previously made adoptables and customs to see what traits I've drawn.)
Please message me with a theme or a description of what you'd like your nudragon to be and I'll work with you on that! I will try to update you every day on my progress, but as I am a full-time college student, I might be a bit slow sometimes. Please pay after I am done with the custom.

Slot 1: RedlaSunShowers029
Slot 2: Hamichu
Slot 3: Open

nEVksv7.png Baby Versions rLPGU1G.png
NWUFgqD.png
Tinier hatchling versions are also available! I’ll use this base to create a hatchling version of a nudragon you already own for $3 / 30 pearls. (Note: you can draw it yourself for no extra cost.) If you just want a custom hatchling by itself, it would be $5 / 50 pearls. Wings and hind legs will not be visible on this base.

Custom hatchlings by themselves take a custom slot, but there aren't any slots for requesting a hatchling version of a nudragon you own. Ask me for them whenever!

Please send payments for adoptables or customs to [email protected]
emerald / 21 / they/them
25 Dec 2016, 11:54 pm (Edited 4 Nov 2017, 1:26 am)
nEVksv7.png Existing Nudragons rLPGU1G.png

Eventually there were too many nudragons to put in this one post, so here is a full database of nudragons!
emerald / 21 / they/them
26 Dec 2016, 9:47 am (Edited 4 Nov 2017, 10:04 am)
Hi, everyone! It's been quiet on my end for a month or two because I've been busy with schoolwork, but I'm on vacation now and I've finally reposted this thread!
I don't have any new features like breeding at the moment, and customs are closed for a day or two, but I am planning on expanding into a Deviantart group! That being said, I'd like to ask you all if you would still be interested in buying adoptables with only USD, since that's what I would be doing on Deviantart.

Before I work on that, though, here are some new adoptables for the holiday season! I decided to try something new this time; I think the nudragon base I've been using is nice for making nudragons easily recognizable, but I worry sometimes that they don't look expressive or lively enough. So, for this batch, I drew unique art for each one! I hope it's alright that they are a bit more expensive than normal because of that. (Also I'm fairly proud of the designs too.) Let me know if you prefer the unique art or the base!

kO6Fpot.png
'Snowdrift'
6 USD / 700 FD / 315k FC

ZcqhBLG.png
'Peppermint'
6 USD / 700 FD / 315k FC

DYe8oFz.png
'Icefall'
4 USD / 500 FD / 225k FC

OYmwUD7.png
'Decorative'
5 USD / 600 FD / 270k FC

Thanks for reading! Here comes the pinglist!

xXAcidRainXx
Marmalade
Toxicide
alxq
shadowwolfgem
Toni_Mallory
Piccadilly
@jormungandr
Prismakry
lazulies
@epesode
Neut
Megzlegz
@onivern
praetorian
@dubstep
@alieneilish
atheris
@leona
Badfox87
Arigato9000
Oliver_Woolfe
Kaosu
Admiral
Krookodile
Kyuraze
Imoku
ShadowMetaru
stickyshoelaces
Pip
Sandia
occultApathetic
TheKeikoIsALie
@featherwaves
Sadrain
Revel
Tsundere
Bethy
Ellitchhizui
stars_will_fall
Jennifer
Ramorgi
Mimic
sanny
Miaule
Insanity_Rocket
Yara
parasite
AlbinoFawn
Charingo
@Sardonyx
Hatty
Egglantine
candyskunks23
snowflop
Atzien
@cheshiresmile
dragonGnostic
RioRazor
@julliarent
CherieBits
Kievan
SherlyWats
SinMachine
redblackpawprint
Heal
emerald / 21 / they/them
26 Dec 2016, 9:50 am
Okay, the new ones are just too cute!! *in love* So glad to see them back. <3
26 Dec 2016, 10:00 am
Sadrain Thank you!! :D
emerald / 21 / they/them
26 Dec 2016, 10:07 am
EmeraldOx Can I get the pinglist please They're too cute XD

Inufurrytaco__badge_version_below__by_kingkFurutaka
xfsDrWF.png

xlXoupG.png hGHmBp9.png
Kingkero|Female|She/Her/King|Artist [+12 FV Time]
Deviantart | Icon by Floofmaster
26 Dec 2016, 10:09 am
Kingkero Thank you! Sure thing! Would you like to be added to the adoptable pinglist, custom pinglist, or both?
emerald / 21 / they/them
26 Dec 2016, 10:10 am
EmeraldOx Both please (May I ask how much for custom?)

Inufurrytaco__badge_version_below__by_kingkFurutaka
xfsDrWF.png

xlXoupG.png hGHmBp9.png
Kingkero|Female|She/Her/King|Artist [+12 FV Time]
Deviantart | Icon by Floofmaster
26 Dec 2016, 10:15 am
Kingkero Customs are 5 USD / 600 FD / 270k FC!
emerald / 21 / they/them
26 Dec 2016, 10:19 am
EmeraldOx

Can I buy snowdrift?
i really need a good signature
26 Dec 2016, 10:24 am
Marmalade Yes you can, thank you! How will you be paying?
emerald / 21 / they/them
26 Dec 2016, 10:27 am
EmeraldOx

I'd love to be added to the pinglist!! I'll definitely be saving up for a nudragon!!

They/Them | Sad | Big Gay Otter
Please ping me if you're tring to get my attention.

transgender_by_agent_pits-d88d990.png pansexual_by_agent_pits-d88d9bc.png

26 Dec 2016, 10:27 am
EmeraldOx Oh man can I please buy Peppermint? ;uu;
f2u___mouth__1_by_loli_reshi-dba9not.png
26 Dec 2016, 10:32 am
SadScales Aw, thank you! Would you like to be added to Adoptables, Customs, or General (both)?

Weirdmageddon Yes you can! :D How will you be paying?
emerald / 21 / they/them
26 Dec 2016, 10:33 am
EmeraldOx

I'd really love a custom, but I assume they're more expensive (and rightly so!) so I'd like to be added to General! Thank you very much!

26 Dec 2016, 10:38 am
EmeraldOx can I be pinglisted please? I'd like to be on the general pinglist (for everything?)
XhFC2j

I think I got it. But just in case... tell me the whole thing again, I wasn't listening.

rBGerU8afKZSK6a6eTXf4ciEvJbLFL

26 Dec 2016, 10:39 am
EmeraldOx I can do USD if you prefer that, I love supporting artists~ Will you send me an invoice or how do you like to be paid on paypal? ;uu;
f2u___mouth__1_by_loli_reshi-dba9not.png
26 Dec 2016, 10:43 am
SadScales Customs are 5 USD / 600 FD / 270k FC! These newest adoptables are a bit more expensive than usual because they use unique lineart--for right now I just use a base for customs. You can see them in the Existing Nudragons post!

meggie Added, thank you!
emerald / 21 / they/them
26 Dec 2016, 10:45 am
Weirdmageddon That would be super nice! I prefer for people to use the "Pay for goods or services" option because I'm pretty sure invoices require you to reveal your address, and previous customers I've had weren't comfortable with that.
emerald / 21 / they/them
26 Dec 2016, 10:46 am
Aaaawwwwww these are so cute!!!!! I wish you luck in selling a lot more!!
cityaes
╭━━━━━━ ⋆⋅♔⋅⋆ ━━━━━━╮
♡ Zane ♡ He/Him ♡
Commissions
Adopts
Painties
Squeebs
Ethereal Fawns
Icon credit: Kaneoya Sachiko ╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
ycd7cm4h
26 Dec 2016, 10:49 am
EmeraldOx

Would you be willing to take 250FD and a combination of items that you could sell for the remainder of the FD? Or just items for yourself? For a custom of course, if you've got the time!

26 Dec 2016, 10:58 am (Edited 26 Dec 2016, 10:58 am)
RadioactiveAcid Thank you so much!

SadScales Sure, I'm collecting pets right now so I'd prefer those! I know you may not have many, though, since you're not interested in AH--could you pay the rest in FC? I use a 1:450 rate so that would be 157k. I'll have customs open again in a day or so!
emerald / 21 / they/them