Training your Doctor - tips and tricks

14 Jan 2017, 8:59 am (Edited 19 Mar 2017, 11:32 pm)
Be sure to check out the Doctors' Career Guide in the knowledge base.

• Did your villager become sick?
  • Was the cost for medicines too high after repeated illnesses?
  • Already used your daily free doctors visit?
  • Is your doctor not fast enough to master the recipes so you can heal your villagers 100%?
  • Don't know what to do with the "junk" meds your doctor created while training?

I believe I have good advice to give if any of the above applies to you.

Your villagers can randomly become sick while working, you might be safe for days on end, then sick many times in a row. But you only get one free doctor´s visit per day (the local NPC herbalist will cure your active villager). And meds can be quite expensive when you get a sick alot.

The best advice I could give is to have a doctor in your house and begin training them early for it takes them a while to master the recipes for your local illnesses (recipes are sold at your local NPC herbalist). Every village has it's own illnesses and cures.

Until your doctor has mastered the recipe, the products potency will vary a great deal. A 15% potency medicine will have a 15% chance of curing your villager, so you will want to get your hands on a 100% potency cure. But do not worry, you can begin creating fully potent cures as soon as you pass the halfway marker in their training if you follow the advice I give you.

Tips about training doctors:
  • master one recipe at a time, else your inventory will fill with meds you cannot do anything with.
  • Do NOT mix your low potency meds together or throw/give them away! It is a waste of perfectly good medicine.
  • Have patience and wait until your doctor has passed the halfway point in their training (made it 11 times).
  • When your doctor has finished making a 55% potency cure, you can bring all those lower potency bottles out of storage.
  • Mix the medicine in pairs to create fully potent cures.
    • 55+45, 60+40, 65+35, 70+30, 75+25, 80+20, 85+15, 90+10, 95+5

If you follow this advice, you will have 9 fully potent cures when your doctor has finished mastering the recipe and mixed the produce together. It only leaves you with one 50% cure that can be given to other doctors in training to mix.

Note: about training in costumes that give you +5% potency
Since the lowest potency you make is 10% when your doctor has the right costume on for the career, you will be left with a 50% and 95% potency medicine that cannot be mixed in the same fashion (in perfect pairs for full potency).

Note: About mixing medicines
You can mix two medicines of any potency together (fully potent meds do not appear on the list for mixing) but if you do not mix them in the recomended way of perfect pairs that will result in a fully potent cure, then you will either need to mix more medicines together for the same results or waste higher potency meds because the results are never higher than 100% even if you mix two higher ones together.
Free Sneep/Manatee Studding
~You should probably ping me
deviantart
29 | married | icelandic | dragonkin | FV +6 hrs
20170222131517-0eb43560.png

14 Jan 2017, 9:03 am
:0 bless you, i actually didn't think about not mixing them in the beginning
I'll keep that in mind ;u;
~~ᴾᶦᶰᵍ ᵐᵉ ᶦᶠ ʸᵒᵘ ʷᵃᶰᵗ ᵐʸ ᵃᵗᵗᵉᶰᵗᶦᵒᶰ﹗~~
ᴰᵉᵛᶦᵃᶰᵗᴬʳᵗ | ᵀᵘᵐᵇᶫʳ | ᶠᵘʳᵃᶠᶠᶦᶰᶦᵗʸ

r602wk2.png
16 Jan 2017, 4:09 pm
I rewrote it a bit to be even better :D
deviantart
25 Feb 2017, 9:56 am (Edited 25 Feb 2017, 9:57 am)
Bless you for this guide, I wish I'd have found it before I started with my dr (came here looking for a costume guide because google seems down for me ;w;)
Anyway I started mixing the potions as soon as I was making them!
Hey ho we live and learn ;w; at least I know better for the next illness since I'm only on the first one so far! :)
25 Feb 2017, 10:13 am (Edited 25 Feb 2017, 10:13 am)
Domayne glad you found this guide usefull even after the fact :Þ

All the good guides approved by furvilla get moved to the knowledge database ("help" link in top right corner), there is a costume guide under features I recall unless you are searching for the tailor career.
deviantart
25 Feb 2017, 10:15 am
Ah thank you for that information as well! I was just searching what materials I would need to make the fairy costume as google was down for me but I think it is my internet connection, it keeps dropping in and out for me today ;w;
25 Feb 2017, 10:20 am
Domayne simplest way is to look for the right tailor pattern book in the item museum (in the Town hall menu), its a encyclopedia in itself and lists required materials and even links to them.
deviantart
25 Feb 2017, 10:21 am
Thank you so much, you've been amazingly helpful! <3
I can't believe I didn't even see those guides in the help tab before xD -realises she has been stumbling around half blind- lol
4 Mar 2017, 8:00 am
So it doesn't matter what my character's mixing % is, only that I have meds that = 100%?
4 Mar 2017, 8:10 am (Edited 4 Mar 2017, 8:12 am)
So it doesn't matter what my character's mixing % is, only that I have meds that = 100%?
it has to be the same type of med to mix together. It will not go above 100% potency even if you would happen to mix two 60% potency meds for example.

You can mix lower potency together but you would need to mix more of them together if you don't wait with it till you are half way in training the recipe
deviantart
19 Mar 2017, 11:30 pm
Added extra notes about training in a costume and mixing medicines
deviantart
18 Apr 2017, 8:41 am
Thank you for this guide! My active villager just got sick for the first time, so I made a doctor immediately. Hopefully I can get him up to speed soon enough!