Tips for snagging pattern books?

16 Jan 2017, 4:37 pm
At around 3 minutes before restock I've been going in and refreshing like crazy but still nothing. I desperately need an angelic pattern book and I've been debating buying one from the stalls but i'm worried I will then the system will be fixed and I'll be left with something worth nothing. Does anyone who has been successful with picking up a book before have any tips they'd be willing to share?
blue-aesthetic-tumblr-gif-6.gif

16 Jan 2017, 4:40 pm
floofy
Quoting myself from my other thread
Hawkfeather said:

Set a looping timer to 15 minutes (I use this one) and start it just before the restock time (it's every 15 minutes, so if you start it at xx:59:30 then it'll go off 30 seconds before each restock). I use adblock to remove the npc pic so I can see the restock area immediately, refresh constantly (it actually tends to restock up to 15 seconds after the minute changes so don't give up right away), and I have a touch screen so that helps with fast purchases.

Good luck!!

edit: and I should note that as a "super rare" item, they stock SUPER infrequently. It's a huge pain. But good to set up when you're going to be online for a while anyway
commission_for_hawkfeather_by_felispirit
16 Jan 2017, 4:43 pm
floofy ;

You'll have the easiest time when the fewest users are online. c: This is around 3:00 AM site time through 9:30 AM site time, I believe.
16 Jan 2017, 4:50 pm (Edited 16 Jan 2017, 5:09 pm)
Definitely keep in mind the last bit of Hawkfeather's first paragraph; I never saw anything restock until I realized it wasn't updating exactly on the quarter mark. That means I was missing who-knows-what simply because I thought I had given it enough time to see something, but I hadn't. That said, even though it's not exactly on the minute, it is pretty predictably 'late' each time, so you don't have to worry about too much variability.

Ideally it takes about 30 seconds to know whether or not you're gonna get something: head to the shop on or just before the minute (nothing shows up early, so you don't need to spend 3 minutes refreshing), refresh for roughly 15 seconds, and then another few more until it's definitely too late for anything to stock, then return to your other activities :D

(Haha, I just wanted to add; notice my last paragraph makes the default assumption that you won't see anything. The books and whatnots are really quite rare, as was mentioned, so don't let a few non-stocks deflate you!)

As for actually grabbing them when they stock? I like to browse Furvilla zoomed out so that I can see the buy button even if I haven't scrolled down (in case you're on a smaller monitor like me). It also helps with warrior battles, fwiw. Other than that just stay cool to avoid stress-induced misclicks that would close your modal and cost you time.
LvF9gA.pngMkDY5I.gif
16 Jan 2017, 4:50 pm (Edited 16 Jan 2017, 4:51 pm)
Another double post >.< I'm on a roll!
LvF9gA.pngMkDY5I.gif