I'm salty over the Miss Peregrine movie

29 Jan 2017, 8:31 pm
I'm only thirty minutes into it but they swapped Emma and Olive's powers?
So now Emma is lighter than air and the love interest.
And Olive now has pyrokinesis.
I feel like that's such a drastic change and changes the entire story?
Maybe it's just my sister and I that are salty over it. :c
Poppy // 24 // Female // Deer
My FurAffinity

29 Jan 2017, 8:32 pm (Edited 29 Jan 2017, 8:36 pm)
DaDeer
I RELATE

also just a quick edit:

Why did they include the ballerinas, like, i dont think they were mentioned to be in Miss Peregrine's care?
Apollyon
-Male|Sleepy|Hail to Hoots!-
The second o in my name is a zero

O2HT1Io.png
29 Jan 2017, 8:37 pm
I wasn't even particularly crazy about the book and even I was so immensely disappointed by the movie ene Eternally salty about how much they messed up Enoch, he was my fave kid in the book >( Like what character DIDN'T they screw up in some way honestly? >U

grpeyyngwbkgft
ping me to get my attention please
29 Jan 2017, 8:40 pm (Edited 29 Jan 2017, 8:41 pm)
TechniGhost
I don't think I've gotten that far yet? But yeah, I don't remember anything about ballerinas either. :c

Magnifistar
Seriously though! It seems like the only kid they got right is Miller and how couldn't you, hes just invisible?!
My FurAffinity
29 Jan 2017, 8:45 pm
DaDeer
they're the twins in the first few pictures of the book, I remember there being mentioned that Miss Peregrine had a couple of younger kids, but I think it would've been mentioned that they were present when Jacob first saw everyone at the house
Apollyon

O2HT1Io.png
29 Jan 2017, 9:16 pm
TechniGhost
Oh are those the two in the white costumes/masks? I remember their picture and being mentioned but no say so of their purpose.
My FurAffinity
29 Jan 2017, 9:21 pm
DaDeer lmao right?? if you can mess up an invisible kid than there's just no hope at all yfhvh I was also sad they reversed the ages of """Olive""" and Bronwyn just for the sake of turning OliveEmma into the love interest??? I like Bronwyn a lot in the book too, and i like the precious sisterly relationship she and the REAL Olive had.

But then changing Olive and Emma around was so frustrating and pointless like can't have an awesome capable heroine, huh? Gotta give her the air powers (that Olive didn't EVEN HAVE), but keep the lighter than air thing so she's still vulnerable and needs to rely on whatever the main characters name was >U

idk the entire movie was such a mess. Also the Hollowgasts just literally being Slenderman sure was something pfft

grpeyyngwbkgft
ping me to get my attention please
29 Jan 2017, 9:25 pm
They also changed how characters looked with Emma and Olive plus Olive is supposed to be way younger so is Enoch he should be like 14 and Olive like 12 or 10
Ko-Fi: https://ko-fi.com/dragonhoardofpens
FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/dragonhoardofpens/
29 Jan 2017, 9:26 pm
DaDeer ,
yeah, those two
Also, I hate to steer away from the topic at hand, but can we just laugh at how bad the script for the movie Airborn (based off the book by kenneth oppel) was
In the book, there are two kids on an airship, Matt and Kate. Kate's grandfather saw some weird creatures and Kate wants to prove that they're real and Matt is tagged along with her
But in the movie script, there are two kids named Matt and Kate. They were set in modern time with actual planes, which the book didnt include because there was no need for planes. There were airships
Also, instead of them wanting to see those creatures that Kate's grandfather saw, the plot was centered around finding mystical urns, or something.
Hollywood is horrible at writing movies based on books and needs to stop
Apollyon

O2HT1Io.png
29 Jan 2017, 9:29 pm
My main issue with the whole thing was them switching Olive and Emma around and changing so much about those two as well as the other characters and then just saying fuck it with the story line
Ko-Fi: https://ko-fi.com/dragonhoardofpens
FA: http://www.furaffinity.net/user/dragonhoardofpens/
29 Jan 2017, 9:36 pm
I was so pissed when I saw the trailer for the movie like a year ago. Like it went from excitement when I figured out they were making a movie to utter dissapointment once I saw the trailer. Especially so when I saw who was directing it. >>
I didn't even have a tad bit of an interest to see it after that. It looked like he messed it up big time.
Click please?
bOYut.gif 0PrQF.gif Wp7Xr.gif eZfsH.gif b3mRR.gif
29 Jan 2017, 9:58 pm
Pebble
Yeah, and I mean they kept true to some other things like the loop reset. But I don't get why they just straight up killed Baron. How is the story going to progress? Is another hollow going to take over or are they just not going to make the other movies?

Xenondra
I enjoy Tim Burton's work, hes definitely known for his creepy/grungy style but this and Alice in Wonderland were two giant flops for me. Let's just all be happy he didn't cast Johnny Depp as the main hollow lmfao.
My FurAffinity
29 Jan 2017, 10:00 pm
Okay finished the movie, the fight scene against the four hollows and skeletons was hilarious. Best part of the movie lmfao.
My FurAffinity
29 Jan 2017, 10:12 pm
DaDeer
I have nothing against Tim Burton, I just felt his style wouldn't fit the movie at all. I do know the books are a on the darker side, but his style is more of a, I don't know how to really explain it, but a "silly" type of dark? Like his movies are more dark humor than like actual dark.
And my gosh, that would've been hilarious honestly. X'D
Click please?
bOYut.gif 0PrQF.gif Wp7Xr.gif eZfsH.gif b3mRR.gif
29 Jan 2017, 10:14 pm
PsychoBunny knows the feels of this movie having read the book previously. The rants I received. I think my ears are still ringing. =x
I Endure.
pLi9cJI.png
29 Jan 2017, 10:20 pm
After being obsessed over the books...I'm saltier than the Don Juan...
I admire TB and enjoy his work, but after I saw the trailer, the disappointment was seeping from my pores.
eLQPvMJ.gif
Cel / 22 / Utah
29 Jan 2017, 10:26 pm
I got he book for Christmas and read it within a few days, but then I saw the trailer and i was very confused. I talked to my friend and I have pretty much no interest in he movie anymore, because Olive and Emma are pretty much just switched as far as I can tell, and my friend said Ricky isn't in the movie.
fAK9ZM0.jpg
Maelly/Vincent/Kirk | Any Pronouns | Teen | Doofus | ENFP/ISFP | Furry (obviously)
~ Fandom stuff ~
Hufflepuff | Rustblood | Night Guard | RiverClan
Fite me (art fight link)
29 Jan 2017, 10:39 pm
*Insta-rage*
I LOVED these books and was looking SO forward to the movie and made my mate watch it because it was going to be SO FLIPPING COOL and NO. No, they ruined the whole darn thing and it pissed me off and I refuse to have anything to do with the movie which angers me even more because ALL merchandise for it now is from the movie and just no.
I ranted and raged throughout the whole thing. How are you supposed to explain what the heck is going on when you read the books and STILL don't know what's going on?! Most of the movie was me making wild "wth" motions with my hands and whining at my computer screen that that wasn't how it happened.
Okay, end rage.
For now.
Maybe.
WHY?!?!
I've lost the moon
While trying to count the stars
I've lost my mind but that's okay
Cause I've been trying to fix my heart

Lotions & Potions - Free Meds Clinic!
29 Jan 2017, 10:41 pm
Did yall also notice how they completely erased the characters jewish heritage from the movie when the Holocaust was a major theme in the book cus i noticed that
inactive
29 Jan 2017, 10:44 pm
i'm noy even gonna watch the movie i s2g

don't want the dissapointment

Hello, I’m Jasper or Frog, an amateur artist and writer!
Here is my art instagram!

29 Jan 2017, 10:47 pm
i listened to the audio book (the narrator sounds so dumb) and read the graphic novel. i enjoyed the story. i haven't seen the movie, and i hear that the editing in it is dumb. and also wtf??? their powers were fine before... HOLLYWOOD WHY!?

it's not as bad as How To Train Your Dragon... they were cute movies but they s l a u g h t e r e d the books. "nightfuries" never even existed in the book. Toothless is an actual toothless pathetically small common garden dragon. Fishlegs was actually a skinny af kid instead of fat. the people of Berk regularly tamed dragons, it was a rite of passage. Hiccup could speak dragon. and the lead girl wasn't in the book, or was a minor character. the actual "female lead" in the books was a crazy girl named Kamikazi i think. lol sorry for all the HTTYD salt, but gosh darn the salt is real
Click my kiddos
BBJSQ.gifVqyQT.gif p4LnU.gif w92wR.gif
29 Jan 2017, 11:31 pm
LordMoonBiscuit
I didn't even know HTTYD was a book. But even with seeing the movie, I feel it was over hyped anyways. Toothless was adorable, but I just can't get into it more than that. :c
My FurAffinity
30 Jan 2017, 12:29 am
I knew nothing of the book so I enjoyed it... up until the fight with the hollows at the amusement park.

What the hell was that.
dan, 24, m
tumblr_og7kh7IbpQ1t7lg41o2_540.gif
30 Jan 2017, 12:41 am
>.> As someone who didn't read any of the books, the movie was good until Jake and Emma suddenly have feelings for each other? Plus the entire time up till then (the course of like, a day) Emma was/is in love with Jake's grandfather?

And Enoch and Olive have an also rather sudden relationship, though it is a bit more fleshed out than the Emma/Jake relationship...

And of all things I was somehow disappointed with that lady monkey hollow at the end.
(also when did Barron have time to put in contacts for the 'the real me/fake me' switcheroo at the end? >.> what if the contacts he had were the wrong color?)
Former AnonFairy Existentialism (I was until people started making and releasing villagers with bad CSS... Ruin my fun why don't ya'll)
WiwPM2N.gif