10 Mar 2017, 6:39 am
Quests
- super rare/rare pets should be taken out
- unable-to-attain items should be taken out
- pattern books should be taken out
- full costumes should be taken out
- FC rewards need increased
- total # of items needed needs decreased
- perhaps increase overall rewards, and create a cap for # of quests you can complete per day?

Animal Husbandry
- breeding %s need increased

Restocking
- I think it should be guaranteed to restock, rather than a chance to restock
- Keep NPC prices consistent, instead of ever-changing. Having them change does nothing for the economy, makes no sense lore-wise, and is just annoying

General
- 'recent topics/posts' should show the most recent posts, in order from newest to oldest (not sure how this fits in with FVs coding, but other sites do it...?)
Jesse | he/him | artist | Poke'mon nerd | GuildWars2 addict
Art Shop | Paintie Shop
Furvilla Money Making Guide
10 Mar 2017, 6:44 am
Tashamon I love your idea and I love that you put "remodel" instead of "remodel house"

That's one of the most confusing things to new players, is the use of the word house for two different things (decorating and villager slots). I swear that is the most asked question I see.
10 Mar 2017, 6:52 am
Alystem
Ah honestly it was just due to it being a quick sketch. I didn't realise that was a problem!
I also missed off putting the edit option in there >.>
addddd_by_t_finbo-daz00g1.png
10 Mar 2017, 7:01 am
Quest mechanics are terrible. Either the FC rewards for completing a quest need to be increased or the amount of quest points given needs to be greater, because as of right now it would be impossible for any one without 2+ years of free time to get any of the quest gembounds.

There's nothing wrong with quests being a money sink, but I'd like it to be more sink like and less bottomless-pit-of-despair-like
Elsie | She/Her | Art Shop|

5d1e25bf3c80251a33bb05272348fe36.jpg
10 Mar 2017, 8:10 am
Up breeding percentages for two rarity parents. Give benefits for having fully domesticated a pet, such as 10 minutes off later domestication time, so 90 rather than 100 minutes.
10 Mar 2017, 8:19 am
http://www.furvilla.com/forums/thread/55751-minipet-breeding-color-rarity-rewrite

Made a thread here and long story short, color rarity percentages need to be thought through a bit better.

I also support every post asking for a better quest system. I also think you should earn more crystals gradually for each level.
A Determined Dragon
Art Shop||Paintie Shop

.gif.gif.gif
10 Mar 2017, 8:53 am
Personally I don't like how you have to decorate houses.
Maybe it's just me but I haven't encountered a mechanic like this in a long time, if ever.
You have to select from a sidebar the furniture you wish to edit and only then can you move that specific furniture. Usually the furniture editing on other platforms, that I've seen, allow you to click on an item in the viewing window and then move it instead of having to go to a separate sidebar, clicking an item, and only then being able to move that specific furniture.
I feel like this would be better for large-scale furniture editing where you are making an image out of furniture and don't want to move things already in place. However, for people just wanting small-scale furnishing, this might be a little annoying. Not bad, but not necessarily fun.
Maybe it could be changed to where there was an option for either way -- Being able to click in the window to edit furniture without having to go to the sidebar, and an option to lock the window until you choose from the sidebar, and then editing a specific furniture.

Also, please let me flip furniture, and make some furniture that isn't front facing? Or even just rotate it, I want to stick the bed to the ceiling è_é

AND, I've suggested this before but please let us use houses from different villages? I don't mind if there's a malus for it (like the house could deteriorate 1.5 or 2 times as fast as a normal house would) but I really want to use different house backgrounds. The TEP ones are NOT my favorites but I love being in TEP, so it's a bit frustrating?
EjuKFRA.png

Seeking: Winter and snow themed painties, forest or folklore themed painties and body horror (thread!). Don't hesitate to ping me if you make premades that fit this!
10 Mar 2017, 8:57 am
#1 not enough inventory space. It's not as bad now that I have 200 spaces from the daily login bonus and buying a fews slots but in the beginning, inventory space was very tough to handle when each village had a bazillion different items (also with the cooking career I feel like space might be a little bit tighter?). Shop space is fine as it is but buying space for the inventory and the storage gets very expensive very quickly (and in cases of FD, it makes it seem like a pay-to-play game). I'd like it for inventory space to be a little easier to obtain

#2 sorting items in stall search. I'd like to see a way to sort seeds, weapons and other items by rarity. Also to have a maximum and minimum price range for FC and FD results.

#3 new ways to organise the inventory & stalls. Would love it if default sorting of inventory was newest to oldest or organise by type (animal, costume, craftable etc) rather than being alphabetical. Add a sort option to the "manage stall" to be organised by type or alphabetical rather than the order that they were added.

## unify the names. Very small gripe of mine, The tab name for the Manage Stall page is "Manage Shop". Moving pets to the menagerie in quickstock still shows as "move to stables" on the confirmation page.

#4 seperate tab in the inventory for pets. Just need a way to separate pets from everywhere else like a menagerie for multiples of pets (o u o)b

#5 visiting houses. Is there a way to see houses with no visits? Can there be a way to isolate houses with no visits/low visits and visit them? They seem lonely. Better incentive to visit houses? Larger payout? I can get more fc by clicking on a pet. Chance for the visitor and/or the house owner to receive/ chance upon free furniture?

#6 Why are chandeliers and fireplaces so dang pricey? they're like, 700% more pricey than a dining chair? Furniture in general, there's just not a great demand for it other then questing. Decorating your house, other then looking fancy, there's no point to it. Frequent, like bi-weekly?, themed contests like the ones we had for the festivals would be nice

#7 Let's make exploring more interesting! Clicking the same button 20 times (or ten times if you're sick) in a row is not the most exciting gameplay mechanic and especially so if 20 turns into 100 when you have 5 explorers and 200 turns with 10 villagers and a dodgy internet connection is just like, "what am I doing with my life?".

Let's jazz it up a bit. Rather then clicking a button "explore again" there's some flavour text like a choose your own adventure sort of thing. You get two choices to move on to the next passage, maybe a nice village themed image is pair up with the flavour text. Sometimes you'll pick up small items along the way, other times you won't but at the end (maybe like 5 clicks later) you reach a junkyard and collect gears and steel or you reach a garden and collect a bunch of seeds by clicking on certain points of a picture like finding hint coins in professor layton.

Every now and then you can switch up the explores by adding in new stories and end locations. In the case of sick villagers maybe there can be less items at the endpoint. Heck, maybe even scrap that idea and turn exploring into a puzzle game. As it is now, exploring as a career is a necessary evil but why can't we make it a bit more interesting
jhdUcrV.gif
__• FV for FR
__• HQ cute art commissions open
10 Mar 2017, 9:02 am
#1 not enough inventory space. It's not as bad now that I have 200 spaces from the daily login bonus and buying a fews slots but in the beginning, inventory space was very tough to handle when each village had a bazillion different items (also with the cooking career I feel like space might be a little bit tighter?). Shop space is fine as it is but buying space for the inventory and the storage gets very expensive very quickly (and in cases of FD, it makes it seem like a pay-to-play game). I'd like it for inventory space to be a little easier to obtain

Oh yES this. I don't understand why inventory costs premium currency? That's really… not cool. (Wow I'm good with words). There was a suggestion thread about this, with some good ideas for price changes, but the core ideas is: basic inventory space - a core mechanic! - should not cost premium currency. I don't mind the storage being FD but the inventory needs to be FC, and then scale over time.
EjuKFRA.png

Seeking: Winter and snow themed painties, forest or folklore themed painties and body horror (thread!). Don't hesitate to ping me if you make premades that fit this!
10 Mar 2017, 9:05 am
Fiskie said:
I feel like the plush quests doesn't have a long enough timer, 1 hour to get 20+ items is hard if you're working on getting the uncommon to rare plushes
MOD-Thaleia

Agreed, it doesn't make much sense to make small quests 5+ hours long, but only an hour for the plushes.
On FR and CS under the same name.?yY-zh=party.png

Ping me again if I don't respond in 24 hours, there's a chance I clicked and forgot to respond.
10 Mar 2017, 9:08 am
the quest dont give enough time to complete which why I dont do them, we need a giving tree for Undomesticated pet so I have mean get from other village, really big problem where people don't want trade or barely sell them, and would like see festival pet become breed-able every festival (ex. snowpet at winter festival) for those like me who collect them so we can complete them and that way they stay rare you could even do like there festival and then they retired permanently (because if you don't have them by three season then you really are unlucky)
need UD: whale monkee peep draggy orca sharkitty kirin serpent catbat, witchy, sandhopper, Shelhowl, Dumbo Octopus
FD pet bearded dragon slow loris echidna manatee sphinx (FD one) Flytrap
come join http://www.furvilla.com/forums/thread/66445-cervidae-guild-seeking-deer-mods?page=1#1442820
my [B/T/S] thread http://www.furvilla.com/forums/thread/60888-bst-mblansett-shot-19-apr-17-1251-pm
10 Mar 2017, 9:14 am
Ive read through a few peoples suggested Quest changes and i feel that excluding 'missing items' and costumes may be a terrible idea. Requesting foreign users ought to help the community be a community. Costumes has only one purpose and that purpose could easily be filled and never needed again. I do agree with their Super Rare pets, but not Rare pets, theyre easily attainable via Stalls.

The inventory being a 'pay to play' is easily avoidable by selling off unnecessary items or throwing them into a storage area, stall or trash can. i do agree with baelfin on numbers 2 and 3. their number 7 is interesting as well.
tenor.gif
10 Mar 2017, 11:27 am (Edited 10 Mar 2017, 11:32 am)
i really wish animal mastery was automatically organized by village. or instead, if there were organization options, i wish the site would remember which you chose

oh it could also be like tabs! like on the mastery page there's a bar like ALL | QP | TEP etc, and you can click on each to get an easy view. maybe there could even be different colors or symbols to show if an animal has been mastered

on a different note, i'd love if you could equip costumes and be allowed to choose if it'll change your villager's appearance (maybe non-costume colors could be considered a 'default')

i also wish you could apply plushes without clearing costumes + costume effects (i'm mostly concerned about the buffs!). it could be so you can't keep the costume appearance if you switch costumes, but you can keep the underlying color

EDIT: also i don't mind how quests work. they work as an item sink and keep currency from getting inflated and i appreciate that

cute has some WONDERFUL ideas down there tho v
1801-assorted-gears.png495-flying-larkspur.png1750-mechanical-heart.png
tumblr_omhhzmrb3c1qd5qr4o1_1280.gif

10 Mar 2017, 11:27 am (Edited 10 Mar 2017, 11:30 am)
heck yeah I'm so glad to see quest suggestions.
A lot of my previous suggestions have already seen some improvements, we have low level quest-exclusive items now (oil can and heart/brain)
and there is now a forfeit button which makes it way less frustrating to encounter some quests that you aren't willing to complete.

I'd still like to address a few concerns I still have, and these are made with the following level requirement predictions in mind.
the requirements to get to each new level escalates at an exponential rate
level one | 10 quests
level two | 40 quests
level three | 50 quests
level four | 150 quests
level five | 250 quests
level six | 500 quests
level seven | 1500 quests
PREDICTED REQUIREMENTS
I base these predictions on the patterns of level 5&6
level eight | 2500 quests
level nine | 5000 quests

The rate in which level requirements increase.
Right now, when you level you are then usually asked to double or even triple the amount of quests you've completed up to that point.  (i.e. you enter quest level 5 after completing a total of 250 quests, and then are required to do it all again just to gain one more level).  This is rather discouraging when a user contemplates how long it took them just to get to that point, and now they need to do it all again in a harder level.

I suggest something along the lines of requiring 50-75% more quests than you currently have to level up.
(this example uses a 75% rate)
level one | 10 quests
level two | 18 quests
level three | 30 quests
level four | 54 quests
level five | 94 quests
level six | 164 quests
level seven | 287 quests
level eight | 502 quests
level nine | 880 quests
points to get to level 10: 2039
still more than you need for a gembound plush (or even the full set!), and it's still grows at an exponential rate, but it is significantly more manageable

another option would be to set a level requirement cap, so it moved at a linear rate.  for example, if it took 500 quests to get from level 6 to level 7, and another 500 to get from 7 to 8, and yet another 500 quests to get from 8 to 9.  Such a cap would be helpful for the number of items ix'kin asks for as well, though that would mean quests don't really get any more difficult as you continue.

make quest-exclusive rewards for completing each level
right now, leveling up royally sucks because all you've done is made your next quests harder.  you might unlock a new item in the prize shop, but unless you unlocked the gembound plushes, it's not really worth it.

so at least throw questers a bone and give them quest exclusive prizes for completing a level.  Something like a vista or minipet.  It'd actually be really cool to get a common non-breedable quest minipet for completing level 1, then uncommon for completing level 2, rare for 3, and super rare for 4 (or for completing levels 4-8).  The minipets could be in pairs so you get both genders or something.  And a foxix and ix'kin vista.  A bronze trophy at level 3, silver at 7, gold at 10.  Little things like that to keep spirits up.

Keep quest exclusive items quest exclusive (Gembound plushes)
In the last fashion show raffle, users could put the non-magical quest plushes in their wishlists.  I understand why they did, they are a difficult item to obtain via quests atm.  However I would strongly urge you to reconsider if they should be allowed to be a raffle-able item in the future, as this just encourages toy collectors to wait to get one by luck, rather than completing quests or buying from quest completers.  Many toy collectors don't care about having the magical version, so by being able to obtain the non-magical plush in other ways, it will greatly decrease the value over time if it's continually given out in these types of events.

overall costs and timeline?
This isn't so much a suggestion but more of an inquiry I suppose, that is based on the current prediction of needing 10,000 quests to reach level ten.

At a rate of 25 quests per day, it'll take a user a little over a year to reach level ten.
The daily cost of quests per day increases as the level up, since ix'kin can increase the max number of items requested by 2.  

Unfortunately by level 7, even with my preparations of moving to village to village to buy furniture from the NPC shops, I still can't go without spending a minimum of 15k fc on a quest.  So at that 25 quest a day rate, I'm probably spending 375-500k a day to keep that pace.

I know the gembound plushes are suppose to be the ULTIMATE GOAL of quests, but damn they are going to be a slow and expensive one the way quests are currently set up.  With my 10,000 points I'll have plenty left over to sell, but who the heck is going to be able to afford to buy them from me?  I'm worried if/when I can buy these plushes, I'm not going to be able to recoup the costs of getting them because no one will be able to afford a fair price for them :c

edit | forgot to mention, I don't mind super rare items in the item pool because it's pretty much the only thing that forces me to stop speeding through quests.  
Not to mention, sometimes the "super rare" item is the cheapest, because potions fall under this rarity sometimes and so I'm always down for a pitifully cheap potion request.
However I would like to see event items (serpent's feather, and all the gala weapons) removed from the item pool because not even feasible to ask for)
9203899_HKyfmms8htbfv5F.png
da thtumblr

art by sugaryu
10 Mar 2017, 11:31 am
1. Fix the restocking mechanic in NPC stores!!! I haven't seen a single morphing potion recipe for species like Snuffles & Saggitari for months nor have I seen schematics for higher tier items like Steel Shields. Rare items should not stock so rarely that they are surpassing costume prices by two to three times the cost of a costume. Here's a suggestion, instead of giving items a chance to stock, make it guaranteed they will stock and only make the quantity of items randomized. Perhaps make rarity/cost a function of how much an item stocks. Rarer or more costly items are stocked with fewer items while common or low cost are stocked with many.

2. I know the staff want IRL money invested in the game, but inventory space should not cost FurDollars! If you want players to buy FD, then make FD-exclusive items, boons and/or potions which supplement gameplay but aren't essential. People will buy FD if there is a demand for such items, but making them pay for premium currency for something which is so crucial to the game is a cheap tactic and creates an unfair pay-for-play system. Make inventory space cost FURCASH not Furdollars.

Make Construction & Blacksmithing Careers more efficient. Why should it cost more materials as a Construction Worker becomes better at their profession? Instead, I think that as a Construction work becomes better, the amount of wood used in crafting should go down not up. Construction workers should also be able to repair a building or items without having to physically remove it from the villager. Just sayin'.

Also, Blacksmithing takes FOREVER to get to a skill level of 250. More complex Blacksmith schematics should grant more skill points (levels?) instead of just one skill point each. In addition, I think Blacksmithing and Construction workers should get experience for repairing items. It doesn't have to be a lot, but it would make having these careers far more rewarding and less of a grind.

3. Consolidate all user settings in one place. I’m tired of having to go to three different sections of the site to change my account settings. Every other website in the history of the internet keeps signature, font, vista, avatar, profanity & other filters, and all other settings in a single page, accessibly only to the user who holds the account, usually titled SETTINGS.

SeaEscapologist

The reasons people are selling special morphing potions for a loss is because they fail to understand a basic principle of economics. If sale price > cost of production, then PROFIT. They might think they're making money, but in reality they're losing it. If they got the item for free or low cost, then it's indicative of the far more serious problem of undercutting. Changing the crafting price of these items will not actually fix this problem. Undercutting is a serious problem which has become endemic to the FV economy. And it needs to be addressed by us. It's not something the staff can just fix. Look at GaiaOnline's hyperinflation and you'll see why one small group micromanaging a virtual economy has the potential to go hideously wrong.
bHZdUKR.png
10 Mar 2017, 12:10 pm (Edited 10 Mar 2017, 12:25 pm)
It would be nice if quests could either have a reset button or yield more quest points the higher your level, and never call for limited or super rare items. quests are a nightmare right now.

also, i think the site really needs a trading stall of some sort, unaffected by blocking. it's really hard to have a healthy economy when trading is forum only and users have access to a very potent block feature they are free to use at their discretion.

the restocking mechanic is also a mess, it makes pattern books and recipes more valuable than the actual items which is messy because people keep circulating the recipes instead of actually making the craftable items.

also shoot me for this but i want the cost of making costumes and helms to decrease. 100 tokens is just really unfun grinding and i've never even gone anywhere near touching 500 tokens because holy shit is that unnecessary for a slightly more powerful shield.

costume items should cost 35 tokens and helms should take 75 tokens to make. there's no reason for these items to be so hard to make and expensive when the buffs they provide are not that spectacular. the best way to make money on this site is still selling slabs and seeds and will forever be selling slabs and seeds, and decreasing the value of costumes and helms by making them cheaper to make will not bankrupt anyone, it will just make those items more accessible and fun.
Kevin Lazar | 25 | She/Her | Scorpio | Butch Juggalo

f3700b6b11df8f3033669bfcabe0d93aa8759126
10 Mar 2017, 12:56 pm
In the maintenance market, I'm still encountering the same problem I've had since December - clicking on HEALTHY villagers, selecting my item to repair, only to find "This villager cannot work".

I don't know what causes this error, and it certainly happens less often than it did in December, but it really ought to have a solution & be fixed.
11ryuzb_th.jpgYBLdXhp.gif1F8Dbm5.gif11ryuzb_th.jpg
Laz ★ they/she ★ PST
10 Mar 2017, 1:00 pm
Laz said:
In the maintenance market, I'm still encountering the same problem I've had since December - clicking on HEALTHY villagers, selecting my item to repair, only to find "This villager cannot work".

I don't know what causes this error, and it certainly happens less often than it did in December, but it really ought to have a solution & be fixed.

I am not sure, but could it be that those villagers are selected as blacksmiths/carpenters, but are not actually activated to work? IE they exceed the 10 worker limit? I thought I heard of that being a problem, where users who haven't logged in in a while still had blacksmiths/construction workers but hadn't activated them, or they were situated past the 10 worker limit.
10 Mar 2017, 1:02 pm
Aelys said:
Laz said:

I am not sure, but could it be that those villagers are selected as blacksmiths/carpenters, but are not actually activated to work? IE they exceed the 10 worker limit? I thought I heard of that being a problem, where users who haven't logged in in a while still had blacksmiths/construction workers but hadn't activated them, or they were situated past the 10 worker limit.

In that case, they should be taken out of the Maintenance Market list!
11ryuzb_th.jpgYBLdXhp.gif1F8Dbm5.gif11ryuzb_th.jpg
Laz ★ they/she ★ PST
10 Mar 2017, 1:03 pm
Ryuuka said:
Quest leveling is hella broke... Pretty sure someone did the calculations and it'll take over two years to get to the gembounds if you do like 5/10 quests a day every single day
Quests need a complete overhaul, especially because it's not interesting to begin with and has very little payoff for the amount of effort/money put in

^^^^^^^^^

Definitely this.
PokeFarmQ
Please ping me!
She/Her
10 Mar 2017, 1:09 pm
Also, expanding a bit more upon my idea of explorer images and interactivity:

I was thinking there could be 10 unique images for each area (this would take a lot of work for the artist, but could start out with one per area and slowly add to them). Each step forward refreshes the image.

Some of these images would be 'transition' images. IE, a forest at the edge of a meadow, a cave inside a forest. When these images come up, you have the ability to explore a different area. So, for the forest you could keep exploring the meadow, in which case you have turned your back on the forest and don't see it, or you could enter the forest and start exploring there.

There could also be, eventually, more uniqueness to each area, such as being in a forest, could increase the number of slabs you bring back (for those that don't have wood, such as QP with marble slabs I believe, they could be exploring a ruin instead of forest). Or there could be 'caches' where you get a small amount extra, but they are rare. IE, if the normal amount of wood brought back is 10, then finding a cache in the forest would get you 20 (X finds a downed tree that has a lot of usable wood, X takes what they can carry)

For the flavor text, they could hold periodic contests to get new texts. This would be open to all villages, and everyone would have specific themes to adhere to (Meadow: General, Meadow: Illness: Meadow: Cache, Forest: General, Forest:Illness, Forest:Cache, Forest:Transition.)
10 Mar 2017, 1:10 pm
Laz said:
Aelys said:
Laz said:

In that case, they should be taken out of the Maintenance Market list!

Agreed!

Just was saying what the potential problem could be :)
10 Mar 2017, 1:14 pm
We have the overall search function, but I wish for a more detailed one.
I wish for a seperate search function with which you can search for topics in the forums and the possibility to search for villager and player ids.
- Some well chosen quote -

Mind a click?
SF1XW.gif CJFc5.gif pRmwd.gif nLp1T.gif q0CUd.gif
10 Mar 2017, 1:40 pm
Some suggestions... though I'm pretty much in agreement with everything else that's being said around here as well.

*Quests: Pretty much what everyone else has said. This needs a revamp. However some are suggesting to leave rare and limited items in as it works as a sink....a sink is only effective when people use it. Currently I'm not hearing of too many people throwing costumes and super rares and insanely hard to get items into this sink in hopes of getting 1 shard. The more appealing they make this sink to the user...the more effective a sink it will be.

* Inventory space: I agree this should cost furcash and not furdollars. Or at least the storage to cost furcash, if anything I think the storage should work like the stalls.

* Repairing Stables, houses, & pots: we've heard it over and over. clicking through 100-500+ items to be repaired is a headache. Especially as a herbalist as we have to do it more frequently.

On the maintenance market, I don't really see the point in the "complete" action page for jobs that have been commissioned. I think when the repair is done...it should be done with no further interaction from either party, and both receive a simple notification that the job has been completed. Also I think for jobs that require over an hour of a construction worker's time, people should have the option to accept that job or not, as well as having the option to "auto accept" those jobs in the maintenance market section in their career page. (if this feature already exists, I apologize.)

And those changes would make my final suggestion more feasible.... allowing construction workers to make multiple repairs for more money. If you could hire a construction worker to repair more stables and more pots all at once, and to pay them a fee for each additional item on top of their standard rate...it would make everyone happy I would think!

<3 Ily <3

10 Mar 2017, 2:00 pm (Edited 10 Mar 2017, 2:00 pm)
It's just a little thing, but could we please have the option in inventory/storage to sort by ID #, or at least some way to sort that groups all minipets of a given species together, rather than by the name of their coloring? It's so frustrating to look through those, especially when all colorings have consecutive IDs; it doesn't seem like it would be something too difficult to implement?