Existing Mechanics

10 Mar 2017, 3:32 pm
I agree with everyone about quests needing a change. But I'm thinking rather than simply giving more quests shards the higher the level, why not make the amount of quest shards some how go by the rarities of the items it's asking for each quest? If it wants to ask for a super rare pet or a costume, reward those willing to give that item to the quest. Maybe like 10 or more shards if a super rare item is being asked for in a quest. Because the way it is now, super rare items popping up is basically an automatic inconvenience. No one wants to give up a costume that took ages to gather materials for, nor a super rare pet that took hundreds of breedings to get, for a single freaking quest shard. No one. >:T

Also, I agree that items that aren't even accessable yet should not pop up in quests, period. XD
(Avatar by Twitchy Dingo!)

Rent excellent equipment for cheap! Pay with most anything! Rent Equips for Cheap ~Upgrade Event!~

Will draw for my custom item dreams (see Custom Dreams Guild in my forum topics) !
Krim's Art Shop!
10 Mar 2017, 3:47 pm (Edited 10 Mar 2017, 3:51 pm)
it would be helpful if we could use shifty morphing potions on non-limited species to change them to shifty without taking painties and/or costumes off, since shifties can wear costumes now. if we just wanted to gain the additional paintie freedom we should be able to do that without having to eat a massive loss.

programming-wise this would mean that special species and special colors created with holiday plushes would be flagged as limited, so morphing potions can only be used on those if they have no painties. for other species, they can morph to shifty even if they are wearing a costume and have 10 wardrobed painties!

this would be a one way change though; changing back from shifty to another species would require removal of all the painties.

using morphing potions in general shouldn't clear costumes at all since there is no reason for that any more.
Kevin/Raze | 25 | She/Her | Scorpio | Butch Juggalo

kf3Yi1t.png
10 Mar 2017, 4:05 pm
Oh and please, please implement a pet sink like the serpent in some way outside of events? ;u; It was a wonderful tool to help keep the unlimited-breeding pets worth more. With the serpent, I was even sacrificing more expensive/rare/limited pets to get that next feather, and I'm sure a permanent fixture of that sort of sink would go a huge way to improving animal husbandry.
10 Mar 2017, 4:06 pm (Edited 10 Mar 2017, 4:19 pm)
can i please beg for one more thing: please do not ever add any more species, villagers or minipets, that within Furvilla canon, hatch from eggs like the feathered serpents.

Please. Please, I beg of you.

i liked how everything else is just ambiguously poofed into existence or made with morphing potions, even the real life animals and custom species that in "official canon" come from eggs (the only reason i'm able to like wickerbeast and DAD villagers is because Furvilla completely ignores the canon of the species). the feathered serpents make me very uncomfortable.

I don't care that users can add that in the descriptions of their villagers, etc. i like the freedom to headcanon things as we want. Please no more forced canon egg hatching. i can tolerate just the serpents since they are just one item in the game, but what i like about this site compared to most other pet sites is how it isn't overly polluted with things coming from eggs. ambiguous poofing into existence and morphing potions forever please

kf3Yi1t.png
10 Mar 2017, 4:10 pm
*falls to your feet* all i want,.... in the whole wide world..... all that would make me happy.... pleavs just make blueprints permastock again. the limited stock and the sniping culture is awful and makes everything impossible to get Please i just want to buy the blueprints for the new qp weapons without spending every penny to someone who has the time to desperately f5 the blacksmith all day.,.... thank you...
tumblr_inline_oaw6tmaqQF1r39keg_500.gif
teya | actual unicorn | any
tumblrdeviantARTtoyhou.se
10 Mar 2017, 4:11 pm
A mass-select option to take minipets out of the Menagerie! It's so dull to have to click 50+ pets to breed. A "select all" or "select RTB" would be useful too!!
s1w4i66.png
I am subscribed to every thread I make! Please don't ping me! :D
10 Mar 2017, 5:38 pm (Edited 10 Mar 2017, 5:41 pm)
I would really like to cancel out the worker limit of 10 and let us have as many we like ? I know something is coming to get a worker slots but honestly if we just could choose as we like then everybody would be happy surely, like I get why you limited it and all that, but I find it way to restricting for me and I would still buy stuff from other players, because my explorers and warriors couldn't keep up with demand of the skillset anyway so I would buying things like Animal stables. slabs, the pieces for the new mechanical pets.. I also wouldn't mind paying for extra slots say with FD or Subscibtions, just putting that out there, it could also go into the daily streak thing as reward forr x many day's of logging in so that those without means of getting FD could still get them? Also an explore ALL button would cut on the boring task of exploring.

, And please for the love of Animal Husbandary make the limit per day higher to breed more, I cannot stress this enough the 50 a day is killing the career so much it's not funny. Aso agree with a mass select or send everything to inventory at one go and visa versa

also agree with quests are very much broken and plush quests too, I mean I have all the ordinary plush and am missing just the SR's but when I get the finally for the SR it's either one I already have or it's just rare, so if we could more SR quests pop up that would soo helpful thanks for reading :)
AQdB2tQ.pngJZDNyZm.gif
PGV2JWb.gif
Signature by supermancrayon
10 Mar 2017, 5:51 pm
anne216

Oooo, I like your idea for getting more worker slots through daily streaks! :D
(Avatar by Twitchy Dingo!)

Rent excellent equipment for cheap! Pay with most anything! Rent Equips for Cheap ~Upgrade Event!~

Will draw for my custom item dreams (see Custom Dreams Guild in my forum topics) !
Krim's Art Shop!
10 Mar 2017, 5:51 pm
just a small peeve of mine:

Can the item database and search page /please/ list the buffs for the costumes? as it is, I have to either hunt down a villager wearing the outfit or go rooting through the help section to find a list (with no images, which j find as a visual person is extremely annoying).
the weapons and shields list their offensive and defensive and buffs on the pages for them, so why not the costumes?
10 Mar 2017, 6:01 pm
one mechanic that needs to be rectified is the one where blocking users blocks all of their painties.

this is highly toxic and almost renders the actual block paintie button obsolete.

instead of this, have a button on a user's profile which will just block all of their painties, including future ones they upload, without otherwise blocking the user.

kf3Yi1t.png
10 Mar 2017, 7:12 pm (Edited 10 Mar 2017, 7:20 pm)
Oh boy.

Plushies!
When Plushies were first announced I seriously thought we'd have an actual shop... not another quest. Honestly I'd love to see an actual Plushie shop implemented with the possibility of getting asked to do a quest by Rasui for some of the more rare ones. For one, making it into an actual shop could allow for non-villager plushies to be made (I think I can speak for everyone when I say they'd love to collect plushies of minipets, or even some of the shopkeepers and mayors!) The shop itself could be a mix of magical and non-magical plushies with restock (yes guys I do enjoy the fact things restock, but I do also agree that the current restock system is broken.) Things like the Wicker/Snuffle/ect could only be gotten if Rasui gives you one of his quests, while the basic villagers can all be found at some point or another in the shop.
Heck, adding this even gives a whole other level to how quests work (I would really love random event quests. Random events are fun, and more incentive to play!) and with other options it allows for an expansion on non-magical plush types and other limited colors (ie the holiday event style) either to stock in low amounts (or as other quests given randomly by Rasui.)
The general quest portion of it seems a little too...forced to me and I think if we could instead fix how the Quest Shop works and possibly implement other random-type quests across the site it wouldn't kill anyone to have more shops to buy from while still having item sinks other locations.

Quest Shop/Quests
While I haven't dipped my toes into this one because I've seen how much of a nightmare it is, I do agree that it needs a lot of work to fix it up. It's too expensive, for too little payout. They're not fun, they're a chore that you do in hopes of maybe one day reaching a prize at the end. But @/Cute's calculations it really shouldn't take that long to get to the light at the end of the tunnel. I don't think anyone is expecting to get to the Gembound plushies after a week but the actual time to get them is.... a nightmare.

Minipets (general)
At least in the menagerie, I agree that there needs to be a section that lets us find Furdollar/Holiday/other limited event-y ones. If they're holiday related they could easily be stuck under the village that their holiday was based in but trying to look through everything as it is now is kind of a nightmare.
Also, we need a stable minipet sink. The serpent was okay, but even that was somewhat frustrating. I think figuring out a constant, lower-level but still with some (fun, but maybe not super useful) rewards or reasons to use it.
I feel that the RNG rate is pretty...twitchy. It needs some tweaking, all things considered. I'm not expecting it to be easy, but as it stands now it's hardly worth getting into based on the rates it takes to get anything done. (Again, it feels more like a punishment and less like a game.)
Then - because I've seen a lot of people bring this up - perhaps not listing how many minipets there are left to collect. A simple "You have ###" instead of "xxx/###" like we currently do would make the task seem less daunting on those who are trying to fill it. While they can obviously do the calculations themselves if they so choose most of the more casual (and not those few extremely hard-core) players won't care as much to do the math.
Another (final) suggestion, is that you only need one out of the set to consider it "complete." With a fair few of the FD pets being unable to breed, along with past event pets (and the new mechanical ones) perhaps that would be the best solution. You can only store one of a plushie (magical or non-magical) so why shouldn't minipets be the same?

Inventory/Storage Space
Making us spend real money on more space is nasty. That is so horribly pay-to-play that I can't even begin to describe to you how much it has filled me with burning loathing since the day I signed up for Beta. "Oh, but we give you inventory space for free!" Yeah, except inventory space is mostly useless to a vast majority of users who use inventory for items that will be sold/consumed and not.... you know, stored ? I want to be able to store my things without worry of accidentally selling or discarding them. ("But oh! You can always buy more shop space to get past this!" Excuse me, you're saying that by not wanting to accidentally sell something you want me to put it into my SHOP? Yeah no.) Give us either unlimited storage (cause hey, it's not like you allow us to stack weapons, medicine, minipets....) or at the very least allow us to buy space with FC in the same way you can buy space in your stalls. I'm not talking about 25K for a measly little 5 extra items, either. (Looking at you, gallery.) I mean actual space. To store things. I don't even care if you keep inventory space to FD upgrades. Inventory in larger amounts has always been more of a luxury while storage is never a luxury on pet-sites. It's a basic, needed right. No one signs up for a pet site and goes, "oh hey! I wonder how limited our storage is going to be! Gee, I hope I can keep even ten items I never want to lose in it!"

edit because I hit send too soon

Item/Costume Museum
For one - peeve of mine - they have the same icon. There is no reason that they should have the same icon. Please, change one of them to something else.
Secondly, the costume museum is very.... annoying to navigate. I dislike the fact that I have to go to an off-site location to look up all the villager colors. I think turning it into a central hub where you pick a species and then can sort through all available colors (costumes, basic via creation or general plushies/potions, and the holiday/limited colors) for them would be nice. Style it like the paintie gallery - once you've selected your species you should be able to see all the options at a glance.
The flip to that - also allow to just sort by costume, or limited color (ie, "only look at villagers who can be equipped with the Pirate Costume" or, "only look at the Serpentine Gala colors".) Obviously in this case you'd leave out the basic/mundane colors since the focus is on the "color" and not the "species" with that search.
I would like to see both as an option. See all Villager Colors and See all _____ Villagers
x4fHU1u.gif

Please ping me to get my attention!
She/her but anything works.
S/T: characters

njXgqRG.gif
10 Mar 2017, 8:01 pm
I have another suggestion, maybe increase the number of battle charges warriors get or get rid of battle charges completely, whichever works best.

I mean, i personally don't mind battle charges but only getting 5 max isn't enough. If you keep battle charges, i'd say at least 15-20 max.
A Determined Dragon
Art Shop||Paintie Shop

.gif.gif.gif
10 Mar 2017, 8:04 pm
Ryujin said:
I have another suggestion, maybe increase the number of battle charges warriors get or get rid of battle charges completely, whichever works best.

I mean, i personally don't mind battle charges but only getting 5 max isn't enough. If you keep battle charges, i'd say at least 15-20 max.

agreed, most of the time we just waste our weapon uses on common enemies anyway, this would make the process less annoying by giving us more chances at decent monsters before we run out of charges.

kf3Yi1t.png
10 Mar 2017, 8:09 pm
Ryujin said:

agreed, most of the time we just waste our weapon uses on common enemies anyway, this would make the process less annoying by giving us more chances at decent monsters before we run out of charges.

What would be better is if a costume that boosted attack in battle was swapped to give like 5-10 extra charges.
MMjvS7y.png
10 Mar 2017, 8:13 pm (Edited 10 Mar 2017, 8:15 pm)
Ryujin said:

THIS. For my last 10 charges i haven't taken any damage because all i get is monsters that i can take out in one hit and its kinda boring.

I need more battle charges to satisfy my bloodlust lmao
A Determined Dragon
Art Shop||Paintie Shop

.gif.gif.gif
11 Mar 2017, 7:28 am
Can we please change the "you are not permitted to view this profile/villager" message to just a "404 not found" or something please? I hate how passive aggressive that message is.

On the same note, can villagers owned by blocked users or users who have blocked you also be completely hidden from searches on the site? this includes the Paintie gallery, random Painties, etc. I'm tired of seeing all these villagers come up only to be greeted with that annoying, passive aggressive message. If you itnentionally typed the url of the user or villager in the search bar, then a 404 message would appear, which would be way less aggravating than "you are not PERMITTED to view this"

kf3Yi1t.png
11 Mar 2017, 7:33 am (Edited 11 Mar 2017, 7:34 am)
I spent like 15k fc on quests, now im broke and the only thing I could afford was two fucking oil cans!
in other words, make quests more rewarding and slightly cheaper to do
Give yourself away to this irresistible melody!
Art from Cookie Run: Ovenbreak >>>aaa.gif
11 Mar 2017, 7:50 am (Edited 11 Mar 2017, 7:57 am)
i'm just kind of gathering my thoughts on relatively small, easy to implement changes in this thread. hope it's not spammish that i am posting so many times!

i would like to have the option to set pronouns for villagers where there would be a text field for all the grammatical variants for that pronoun set. This would actually change how /the site/ refers to your characters, since it honestly bothers me that I can't make the site itself not call my personas "they/them". If pronouns were not specified the site would still default to they/them though.

Pronouns could also be listed on the Villager's profile right under their gender.

maybe we could have a checklist of common pronouns (she/her, they/them, he/him,, it/its) where we could set "preferred", 'acceptable", and "no" for a list of common ones which would be displayed on a villager and even user profile, and users commenting with "no" pronouns would be punishable with a relatively mild infraction so there would be a very good reason to not be too lazy to check? (the infraction would only be for using pronouns that are specified as being unacceptable for that villager/user)

kf3Yi1t.png
11 Mar 2017, 8:07 am
I would like a way to sort the menagerie pets so as to see limited pets and FD pets like we can for the villages.

I would also like to see a change to the restock of the village shops. Maybe only allow 1 schema, recipe, blueprint be bought at a time to give more people a chance to get one? Or restock in higher amounts?

Quests: why so much furniture in quests? It seems less of a quest and more of a "just go out and buy this expensive stuff". There is no fun in that. I had quit quests until the mechanical pets. I look forward to not having to do quests at all again as they are such a chore and no fun for me.

And I wish there was more time allotted to plushies quests. I don't do those either as they are too stressful because of such a short time limit. It means having to buy all the items rather than trading others for them because of not having time to wait for other people to reply to swap requests.
11 Mar 2017, 8:15 am
answrs said:
just a small peeve of mine:

Can the item database and search page /please/ list the buffs for the costumes? as it is, I have to either hunt down a villager wearing the outfit or go rooting through the help section to find a list (with no images, which j find as a visual person is extremely annoying).
the weapons and shields list their offensive and defensive and buffs on the pages for them, so why not the costumes?
I agree with you, however there's a wiki page as well that lists these things, and many other things FV fails to supply us with (or in a proper way, at least)
stockings_nora_single_by_mzza_art-dcsvu6 icon by DivideByZiro !
11 Mar 2017, 8:19 am
the ability to edit the thumbnail of a villager would be nice.

even for non paintied ones it would be cool to be able to customize just the placement and zoom of the thumbnail image when editing the villager.

kf3Yi1t.png
11 Mar 2017, 8:42 am
WARNING: I'm literally in the middle of writing this and it's extremely long already so yeah lol

Quests & Plushies
1.1. Quests AKA "I don't even remember what was the last time I've done one nor did I remember this feature existed up until now." This system is so simple and easy yet it feels absurdly empty, broken and pointless - unfair, as well. The quests really don't feel as rewarding as they should; Quest Shards are literally the only thing you obtain from successfully completing a quest, and although the time slot in order to do the quests seem fair enough, it still feels like I'm just wasting my time and my money. What's the point of even DOING quests other than the obviously overpriced items found on the Quest Shop? In my opinion, when this feature first came out, I was kind of expecting a slight RPG touch to it (e.g.; Defeat 50 Common Monsters & 15 Uncommon Monster, 20 Common Plants from [x] Village, and so on) which also gives the player a small reward - whether as an item, money or both - but all I got was a... apparent attempt to try to get players to waste their FurCash and try to get at least one of the items on the Quest Shop??? So in other words, a money sink? Disappointing, but whatever.

One of the few things I could suggest to completely and entirely revamp this system is:
1. Either decrease the price of the items found on the Quest Shop or make it so that players receive more Quest Shards depending on how "difficult" their quest is. Quests should have a difficulty meter which is randomly generated via RNG, and depending on how hard said quest is, players will be rewarded twice as much as they usually do - for example, if the difficulty for a player's quest is hard, they'll receive 2.5* shards, and so on.
*1.1. If a player happens to receive half a Quest Shard while completing their quest, a new item will appear on their inventory called Quest Shard Fragment - a new item that cannot be sold or traded to other players, making it so that Quest Shop items are slightly more accessible.
QEjALgw.png
Just like how players can exchange their shards with Foxix, they will also be able to convert their fragments into full shards with them (I don't know what their gender is, 'scuse me). Of course, this isn't meant to be anything big, but it'd sure as hell help if you intend to keep the price for some of the Quest Shop items.
2. If the entire "difficulty meter" doesn't appease you, you could also try to make it so that quests get gradually harder depending on the player's quest level - Quest Shard Fragments will also get gradually common the higher said player's level is, at Lv1 their drop ratio should be around 0.0001% or so.
3. If neither of those things show any level of interest, just completely revamp the Quest system and perhaps even the shards and try to stick with something like a RPG-themed Quest system - although it won't be as original as I think the staff/team would like it to be, the userbase might like it more.
3.1. Instead of making certain items locked to a specific amount of special untradeable currency, a new mechanic should substitute both the Quest Level and the Quest Shards*: Loyalty. A player's Loyalty is determined by how many times a player has successfully completed a quest - their beginner Loyalty should be something on the lines of "Rogue" and is currently not very trusted by the NPCs around the village (lore); one's loyalty also won't be reset regardless of their village change, just thought I'd state this to avoid confusion. The player's Loyalty will once again become gradually higher the more they complete a quest, so for example if a player completed a quest 10 times, their Loyalty rank will be upgraded to Villager, then Warrior, then Knight, and so on. A specific Loyalty level may be required in order to actually buy specific rewards via FurCash or FurDollars - notice how I said or; the revamped quest shop should give you different methods of payment before you actually buy an item.
*3.1.1. However, if players desire to unlock some of the rarer shop items - such as the Gembound plushies - they will need at least 5 Royal Gems. Once the player has upgraded to the Knight rank and onforward, they have a chance of being rewarded a Royal Gem whenever a quest is completed; the chance of adquiring said currency is extremely low and once again gets gradually and slightly higher whenever a new rank is reached, but that honestly sounds marginally better than wasting a lot of money trying to complete multiple quests at once to maybe buy a Gembound plushie. Royal Gems are completely up to RNG and you may get it early, or you may get it late. I feel like players aren't going to like this feature very much, so you may disregard this if you'd like.
3.3. Quests should either be randomized or once again gets gradually harder depending on the player's Loyalty - each Quest should also have a variety to them instead of forcing players to hunt for items, so for example, players may get quests in which they have to fight a specific amount of common/uncommon/etc monsters, or quests where they have to give said NPC a specific amount of common plants, and so on. By giving quests a variation, you are giving players the chance to do multiple things at once instead of having them to mindlessly grind and/or hunt for specific things via Stalls - they're grinding either way, but it honestly feels more fun to have an actual objective than just hunt for things; that's how I feel, anyway.
TL;DR - Dump the current Quest Level/Shop idea and go for a Loyalty system (similar to the Quest Level except it unlocks the rewards from the shop) and a revamped version of the shop where players can spend their FurCash or FurDollars on without a care in the world. Keep the Gembound plushies however also make them extremely difficult to get via Royal Gems, which are a special form of currency that can only be obtained at a specific Loyalty rank on a low chance that gets gradually yet slightly higher the higher the player's level is - that way players can perhaps suffer less, and not have to dump a insane amount of money in order to even get a Gembound plushie. Give Quests a variation and either make them randomized or make their difficulties match the player's Loyalty rank accordingly. That's all.
1.2. Plushies Overall, I don't really have a problem with the plushie system, however I do think the mini "quest" system it has should be toned it down - although asking for rares/super rares seems like a relatively fair ideology considering how the plushies given are magical, I've had a quest where I literally had to get a token from every single village (and specifically, I had to get two Sky Coins); that's not too bad, just extremely exaggerated, especially if I know I'll just get RNG'd and get a extremely common plushie in return. I'm not entirely sure what could be done to fix this, but it honestly needs some sort of small revamp.
11 Mar 2017, 8:46 am
this isnt really a mechanic, but like.. (get ready for me being salty over digital pets)

Stop giving oceandome just ambiguous fish as (special) minipets. There are so many cool sea creatures, even ones that people don't even recognize as animals. I know oceandome's thing is fish, but like.. there are so much aquatic life, and oceandome is in the ocean, right? Why do we keep getting ambiguous freshwater fish? Why not eels? Why not even stuff like sea squirts? Those are animals too! Other villages get so many different special animals, and yet oceandome gets just.. fish. Not even specified, its just fish.
The goshdarned mechanical fish is a glorified meshy. The cloud koi are just what happens when a clouddog goes through a ringer (I actually LIKE the koi, but still..). What do the other villages get? Dragons, birds, horses, etc. Oceandome? Fish. Just fish.

On another note.. please allow us to block signatures, if thats an option already then i've never seen it, and is it possible to change blocked words to just be a single space? Like, instead of asterisks, its a space. (ex: I despise when people use a certain three letter word that looks like the word for a female sheep, but it'd be obvious that they're using it when its blocked out like that.)

My suggestions and rants are really weird and just basically rambles whoosp
Apollyon
-Male|Grey Knights|Hail to Hoots!-
The second o in my name is a zero

O2HT1Io.png
11 Mar 2017, 9:04 am
Necrozma

I would have to say no to the quest shard fragment. With Inventory and Storage costing FD to upgrade, I don't really think it is a good idea to have a non-trasferrable, non-tradeable item just sitting there doing nothing, especially if you keep getting quests that make it so you get that shard.

I think a far better way would be to display the quest shards as an integer, but store it as a float and just add it up there. So you would see on the quest page that you have 10 shards, but the site sees that you have 10.5. OR, just display the .5 on the quest page.

This way players wouldn't 'forget' about the shards building up in their inventory, and they would have an accurate portrayal of how many shards they actually have.

Razerel

The only thing I don't agree with is the infraction for using the wrong pronouns. If you are commenting on the villager page itself, sure people should check, but would this carry over into forums (such as someone saying 'I love your villager, its so cute' but It being one of the 'no' words for the other user and that user who commented gets an infraction? I hate going to villager and user profiles when I am talking on the forums because it interrupts my flow of thought and you never know what I might type when that happens. I am also usually not interested in bios or art or anything like that that might show up on profiles so needing to check each and every villagers pronoun would make it so that a lot of people just wouldn't comment about people's villagers.)

It is courtesy to use the correct pronouns, but I really don't think that even mild infractions (especially if they implement something to reward people who are more positive on the site) is a good idea as it would only foster resentment when people accidentally use the wrong pronouns. There have been times I have been typing and I THINK I typed one pronoun, but it turns out I typed a different one.

BTW, this wouldn't actually affect me because I don't comment on villagers, I am just concerned about others who this might affect.
11 Mar 2017, 9:20 am
Aelys
I don't recall ever seeing anyone complaining about the infamous event items (such as the serpent feathers, flying lightbulbs, among other things) taking inventory space - that is, while they were still useable and not useless - but I can see what you're getting at. That was simply one of the options for suggestions I gave though, that being said, I'd say the third option I gave should be the one that should probably be the one people should keep in mind considering how the entire quest system needs to be revamped in general.