Unreasonable fears?

17 Mar 2017, 8:41 pm
So this is a thread about weird fears that scare you to death but are just very odd. It can be a phobia or just something that spooked you.

Mine is... well I'm scared of TV's turning on or computers turning on. It freaks me out. You can blame a dream I had where it was the little Einstein caterpillar thing (if anyone remembers that) and I turn on the Tv as a small child. So the caterpillar shows up on a black screen and im like, that's odd. So then the music goes really distortion and weird and the caterpillar's eyes go away and jumps out at me. I couldn't sleep for a week, I was like seven.

So yeah tangent aside these are just kinda silly fears you have for no reason or a weird reason.
Social Status:

untitled_by_wingsofwisps-dbeamgv.jpg

17 Mar 2017, 8:46 pm
I used to be afraid of tuxedos and now I'm just afraid of absolute silence.

oqJrlDF.png
17 Mar 2017, 8:47 pm
Fingernails and toenails..
Not like seeing them on my fingers or toes, but the thought of hangnails and clipping them.. Oh god, the thought of any kind of nail falling off makes me so uncomfortable. Once my moms fingernail fell off and I was absolutely terrified, and then my grandma's toenail had to be removed.
It's just so.. ugh.
17 Mar 2017, 8:48 pm
I'm afraid of the dark or what may be lurking in a dark room and blame it on scary movies i've seen.
2ytz6ur.jpg
17 Mar 2017, 8:51 pm
I am afraid that i will get bit by a raccoon

i am afraid, because i heard once that you need to get rabies vaccines if you get bit by one as a precaution, but if you catch the raccoon they can test it for rabies and maybe you wont have to get the injections.

i am afraid that if i get bit by a raccoon that i will have to fight it. i dont know if i would win.
17 Mar 2017, 8:55 pm
stagnant, clear water makes my skin crawl. i dont know why, it seems very irrational, but it just... really, really weirds me out. i wont get in a pool if it isnt populated enough so that the water constantly moves. im not hydrophobic though?
iPd97NZ.gifYbpLwur.png6retanN.gifYbpLwur.pngiPd97NZ.gif
BkvGbbz.gif™ |boBvjTb.gif|™ 5zBgwgn.gif
17 Mar 2017, 8:58 pm
i am terrified of beetles and i blame it on a dream that i had while home alone where all different types of beetles crawled into my room at night and started eating me alive, which led to me waking up to a christmas beetle crawling on my face

im also scared/disgusted of finger and toe nail damage bc ?? who knows ????
if anythin sets it off i kinda just,,,,, start crying and digging my fingers into my palms to protect my nails
┍━━━━━━━━ ☆ ━━━━━━━━┑

art sale thread
arlyah | they them | gemini
the local clown enthusiast
dA | Instagram | Th

┕━━━━━━━━ ★ ━━━━━━━━┙
17 Mar 2017, 8:58 pm (Edited 17 Mar 2017, 8:59 pm)
*is three-time dragonkin*
*wants wings to fly*
*DEATHLY SCARED OF HEIGHTS*
s1w4i66.png
I am subscribed to every thread I make! Please don't ping me! :D
17 Mar 2017, 9:03 pm
when I was a kid there was this glowing thing under my desk that I would just stare at while in bed every night... My friends thought it could be a glowing mouse or something but it never moved. I later chalked it up to be something metal and shiny reflecting light. But whenever I would go to my closet/desk and look under it, I couldn't find anything shiny.

Similarly, I've moved since but in my new bedroom there is this single glowing dot on the wall at night, and the moon is always shining through the blinds at the opposite side so it doesn't seem like it's coming from the window, though I'm not really scared of it anymore, plus I think it's moonlight reflecting off the window-blind-turner.

I'm also afraid of manly people
17 Mar 2017, 9:15 pm
Forgetting how to breath.
I have a weird thing, I don't know what it is, maybe wake-apnea, where I stop breathing and can start to get a headache or dizzy from not having air for so long. So I'm scared about forgetting how to start again when it happens.
25111672_JxvNRIXBUzrBGdP.png
17 Mar 2017, 9:17 pm
I'm unreasonably scared of spiders. I know lots about them, I know that there are barely any deaths due to spiders yearly but...
I burst into tears whenever I see one scuttering about.
17 Mar 2017, 9:17 pm
c r o w d s
cacti_by_gunsweat-da56hqn.png
17 Mar 2017, 9:19 pm
I'm scared of ferrets and other similar mammals. Once I was little, I went to a nature camp and a counselor brought one out. I ran into the reptile room crying and it was terrible. The funny thing is, I'm fine with other long, wiggly creatures, like snakes (I love snakes with all my heart), but ferrets just creep me out.
17 Mar 2017, 9:19 pm
Falling

Not hights

Just falling
17 Mar 2017, 9:20 pm
really fast things that crawl towards me, like bugs, or crawler zombies on video games lol

also really weirdly huge things like giant squids or giants from skyrim or huuuge crabs. I HATE CRABS especially JAPANESE SPIDER CRABS i hate them so much ;-; (i do like eating crab meat though)
16255870_b8pzkrPG5GgvqRc.png
feel free to ping me for horse or werewolf adopts!
17 Mar 2017, 9:22 pm
Things that I don't understand.
Ping or PM me to get my attention!

-Exactly 1 hour behind FV time-
(ง ͡° ᴥ ͡° )ง
17 Mar 2017, 9:24 pm
Rack another up to weird dreams.....

So about 5 years ago, I had this dream.

Y'all know about Smokey the Bear? The anthropomorphic one with the ranger hat and pants? Yeah, him.

Anyways all I remember is him saying "Only YOU can prevent forest fires", then he proceeds to hold a shotgun up to my face and pull the trigger and BAM! I wake up.

I hate that bear.

But only him. I love regular bears.
please ping me if you want to get my attention
Female - Straight - Christian - Professional Harpist and Photographer
-Mentally married to Sesshomaru-
Please click. I will return the favor.
https://pfq.link/ISurvivedHell
If you support those who have survived any type of abuse, show your support by putting this ribbon in your signature or profile. Let others know that their voice can still be heard!
1zguosh.png
17 Mar 2017, 9:26 pm
I have a phobia of people touching me. I barely see my SO and am weird about them touching me even. It's weird because it's not even about germs or anything. I just don't want people touching me.

I also have a phobia of static, but only from TVs. My TV is generally turned up loud, and one time the power went out real quick, so it turned off the cable box to reset, but immediately turned on the TV, so loud ass static spooked me from my sleep. Now anytime TV static happens I scream ha ha
UyyqZNS.gif

|Bri|23|She/They|Apora|
Zpr9Wg8.png
17 Mar 2017, 9:26 pm
When I was a child we had a big in-ground pool.

Now we also had a pool vacuum, you know to keep the bottom of the pool nice and clean

Well somehow I convinced myself that if I ever swum over remotely NEAR the corner that it sat in when it wasn't on, it would turn into a giant shark and attack me.

I never even watched JAWS as a child, so I had no idea where this idea came from.
Elsie | she/her|Paintie Shop

5d1e25bf3c80251a33bb05272348fe36.jpg
17 Mar 2017, 9:32 pm
Things that don't look right. I can't really explain it, but it's kind of like Trypophobia, only not focused on circles. They just really mess me up. I don't want to see them but I also can't keep my eyes off of them and I get super creeped out and I start freaking out.

An example! Anyone who's seen the newest Star Trek movie with Chris Pine and all them? When they're on the planet and there's these buildings that kind of look like mushrooms/tutus and they have the lines on the sides and they BOTHER ME SO FREAKING BAD.

Just thinking about them bothers me. I have to look away when we get to that part while watching it.
24~She/He/They~Genderfluid~Doggo~
Icon by Sixbane
3224626_1t3wnPZpFNzBqVO.gif
Sig art by Tiedenn
OCGPyNh.png
17 Mar 2017, 10:03 pm (Edited 17 Mar 2017, 10:04 pm)
Certain irregular shapes and patterns just freak me out...Whenever I encounter something I would get a deep chill down my spine and get the urge to hide in a corner, ensuring nothing freaky was behind me.

Also, ending credit logos at the end of some programs on TV used to scare me witless! I...i'm a strange person...
17 Mar 2017, 10:06 pm
I'm afraid of kissing. I'm trying to get over it because my gf is into kissing and I just want to make her happy! :0
17 Mar 2017, 10:10 pm
Drains or vents in pools. I'm so scared that if I am near it, it'll suck in my hair and I'll be stuck and trapped until I drown....
PING ME TO HELL OR I WILL NOT NOTICE YOU ARE TALKING TO ME :CCCC
17 Mar 2017, 10:12 pm
kelp. It's out for me when i'm diving... it wants me to drown i know it
Spr_5b_428_s.pngSpr_5b_302.pngSpr_5b_625_s.png
17 Mar 2017, 10:12 pm
Is anyone else like terrified of like restroom vents? When I was younger my cousins locked me in the bathroom with the lights out and the vents on, and all I could do was cry. To this day, it causes me quite a startle when I flip the vent switch instead of the light switch.