Funeral for my fursuit foam base

23 Mar 2017, 8:24 pm (Edited 23 Mar 2017, 8:24 pm)
Who would like to be invited to the possible future funeral that will follow its possible destruction at the hands of my mom?
art thread:
http://www.furvilla.com/forums/thread/61022-powerisfinites-art-sales-open

23 Mar 2017, 8:25 pm
Oh no! Why would she destroy it?
she/they|INTP|chaotic good|pan|loves to chat :)
Golx1Zr.jpg
23 Mar 2017, 8:27 pm (Edited 23 Mar 2017, 8:27 pm)
i hope it lives
i really need a good signature
23 Mar 2017, 8:27 pm
Oh no!!! Why the heck would she demolish something like that?
tumblr_inline_n509t3mjHY1s8fa1r.gif
23 Mar 2017, 8:29 pm
WHY WOULD SHE DESTROY SUCH A PRECIOUS ITEM!?
23 Mar 2017, 8:31 pm
FiniteFeline

is she just washing it or doing something destructive?
23 Mar 2017, 8:44 pm
multifandomed25 Keldeogirl iristhefurry12345678 Marmalade
She's mad at me because my grades aren't exactly the best ever (I have one C and the rest are solid Bs) and I've missed turning in an assignment (my teacher is taking it late but my mom is still mad at me)
I try explaining that she should let me sink or float on my own, but she insists on hovering over me like a helicopter, she's taken away my paints, my palette knife, and threatened to cut up my mask even though I used the money I got for christmas to pay for the foam (instead of having her pay for it)...
I try to explain how I feel in a calm manner but she ends up just getting mad and telling me to shut up and such and that just makes me want to argue with her more...
art thread:
http://www.furvilla.com/forums/thread/61022-powerisfinites-art-sales-open
10 Apr 2017, 8:10 pm
That is your property if you purchased it and if she destroys it that is destruction of property. You can literally take her to court for that. Also WTF Cs and Bs aren't even that bad

.::Beta Tester::.
Please quote/ping me!
Plz click mons
xSRsBu0.pngO1R9wQ3.pngnYno2vL.pngA2eG9W8.pngwttDoZV.png
Flags by Lu
28 | They/Them
Pixel Icon by Violetpool
Professional Disappointment
ADHD|Depression|Anxiety|Aspergers
10 Apr 2017, 8:12 pm
Bs and Cs are average grades. You're fine. So WTF

Telling your mom this would probably just make her angrier but, seriously, destroying her child's property is going to have the opposite effect that she wants. Being negative and violent is a no-go, man
17 Apr 2017, 6:53 am
Just hide the Fursuit or give it to a friend so they can hide it :O
udXelj2.png
Toyhou.se
Deviantart
~~~
Help Alekzy get to Peru
Woah I've been gone for a while.
17 Apr 2017, 6:57 am
Were it me, I would say something like, "School is stressful, and my creative outlets help me focus on, and feel more positive about school. You taking away my things doesn't encourage me to do better, it's making me care even less about working harder, because I feel like I will be punished no matter what. Why can't you encourage me in a positive way instead of taking things away from me? I know you have my best interests at heart, but it's having the opposite effect than what you desire."
I'm back. Please PM me if I owe you anything!
17 Apr 2017, 7:00 am (Edited 17 Apr 2017, 7:08 am)
Damn dude, that's messed up D: Hopefully you can find a way to reason with her, especially since like what others have been saying those grades are hella good!! Like, I wish I could have those grades lmao, and fursuits are bloody expensive to make :OO

1AF1S0a.gif
17 Apr 2017, 7:02 am
like some people have said destroying the foam base would have a negative impact
please try to knock some sense into her when she isnt yknow on a rampage maybe that'll help

also literally ONE C and everything else are Bs???? i mean there's room for improvement but there is literally no reason to get mad wtf
17 Apr 2017, 7:06 am
What in the fuck? That sounds like my grades tbh.

Sounds like you might want to try and work it out with your mom, because honestly Bs are solid.

Wish you luck.
17 Apr 2017, 7:08 am

ya
Give yourself away to this irresistible melody!
Art from Cookie Run: Ovenbreak >>>aaa.gif
17 Apr 2017, 7:10 am

I wanted to post the same advise.

How dare she to destroy your fursuit, that is so cruel.
17 Apr 2017, 7:13 am
FiniteFeline This situation is so damn triggering and stressful to hear about because I've been there before. Prior to my mother seeking help, she did similar things to me: destroyed my artwork, grounded me from my art supplies, etc. All it did was make my passing grades turn into failing grades. I'm so sorry you're going through this. I really wish I could be more helpful than to just saying I know what you're going through and that I'm sending you positive vibes. You're in a precarious situation in which it's very difficult to get through. If you have an adult family member that you can talk to about it, especially one that has a creative hobby such as a painting or even music related, please do. It could be that they could talk with your mother more easily than you. Taking away a creative outlet can be emotionally destructive to a young person. That's just not right.
NJ5dWJ5q2Xt8HcP2ovwxvxWmaCntPc
yahFKa
❤ I am not a mod, but I'm here to help! ❤
17 Apr 2017, 7:20 am
I hope you can find a way to clear things up with her ♥
let her know that these creative outlets are important for you to focus on other things
Proud crafter of EVERY mechanical minipet!
Achievement unlocked: Professional Mechanic!
BGb1BTu.png
0e3b20acab30fcfa44758e7566eded0201fb0094
Can't stop my dancing!
17 Apr 2017, 7:22 am
Bruh I'm failing all my classes, my highest is a solid C. That's ridiculous. Your mom shouldn't be destroying something like that, especially since you paid for it yourself!! And you care about it, destroying or taking away things you care about isn't going to make you or your mom happy. I'm sorry calmly trying to explain didn't help.. that's such a sucky situation and ones like that are hard to get out of.
✰Roy/Parker✰20✰he/they
@ 40847 for ping
⇩⇩⇩ click Darker for my YCH commission thread! ⇩⇩⇩

17275267_TJn9uOUQeNjebHV.png
socials
17 Apr 2017, 7:26 am
oml
and where I live most parents aren't happy unless their kids get like A+ and I have a friend who stresses the heck out if she gets anything less than an A
what
17 Apr 2017, 7:28 am

ONE C out of B's? that's amazing I dont even have those grades :0 also I was gonna say the same thing, my friend abbi hides all my stuff that I don't want my mom to touch :/ also wtf? your mom is going a bit far, that can be damaging to not only your mental state but your relationship with her so she needs to calm down and realize that she's hurting you :(

(sorry I just got fired up XP)
Art Plaza!

this_user_is_lgbt___transgender__by_themthis_user_is_lgbt___v2__by_themonkswhite
17 Apr 2017, 7:39 am
What Only 1 C and it's triggered your mom OTL I got F in my JP class and mine still okay with this lol
Maybe the best solution I can give you is waiting and then try talking with her again Maybe she doing all this because she mad. When people mad or angry They likely not to listen anything :(
I hope you can pass this harshly situation You have my wish :>

Inufurrytaco__badge_version_below__by_kingkFurutaka
xfsDrWF.png

xlXoupG.png hGHmBp9.png
Kingkero|Female|She/Her/King|Artist [+12 FV Time]
Deviantart | Icon by Floofmaster
17 Apr 2017, 7:47 am
Dude, I'm an adult now and I almost FAILED 10th grade, and my parents werent that harsh...
I wish your mom would just listen to you but she sounds about as stubborn as you do lolz
I hope you two can talk it out and not end up with her destroying your fursuit cuz those things are expensive....
Ping me for my attention please!
Furaffinity|Tumblr
>>>>Furvilla Stall<<<<

17 Apr 2017, 7:55 am
Gluh I hate hearing about this sort of thing. I just want to sit down parents like this and tell them my story, so they can realize how great you are. My life fell apart in 8th grade, and when my mum basically turned on me I basically slowly shut down--and then I dropped out of high school.

And now I can look back and know we were both in bad places, but--this is the sort of situation where it is the adult's job to stop and think like a rational being. To be blunt, the carrot works better than the stick.

I think trying to hide anything you can from her is your best bet. It sounds like you're stuck with her, so you're gonna have to do the crappy thing: you're gonna have to live with it. It's going to get worse before it gets better. Voice of experience, hi. She probasbly thinks she's just "trying to do what's best for you," but she's lying. What's more she's willfully lying to herself. Everyone--literally everyone--agrees that taking art from an artist is the exact opposite of what to do.

I'm not going to tell you what you should say, because there's no right answer. You're her child, this is on her. So I'm going to tell you what she should say. What she should say is: "I think you can do better. Can you try? I know you're working very hard, so if you get all Bs and As on your next report, I'll buy you a new paint set." I'm so sorry that's not what she's saying. I'm sorry you're in that horribly common situation, that this sort of unacceptable parenting is applauded. I promise it gets better. I'm not saying that because of that cheesy slogan. I'm saying that because--because ten years ago almost to the day, my whole world crashed and burned and then got kicked around for good measure. And six years ago I sent an email to myself, via a site that sends emails into the future. So to speak. And six years ago, I wrote an email to myself and--it was terrible.

But it's better now. It took ten years, and it's still not good, but it's better.

Art is precious. Every clumsy stick figure comic, every lopsided scarf, bumbling story, every painting or doll or mask--every piece is precious. Destroying a single one is terrible. But you're an artist. I don't know if you know what that means yet. It means you build a house out of ashes. There's no one to stop her from burning your building blocks, but you hold on to those pieces, no matter what.

I know this is probably--cheesy, or something. But cheese is what I'm good for, apparently. So yeah. You'll be okay. It might take years. But it's worth it, for the day you start building.

And--shoot, here's my rebel. I don't know how old you are, but--if push comes to shove, take the power out of her hands. Destroy it yourself. Don't let her have that. Then you sit on your pile of ashes, and dammit. Cry. Because it sucks and you have the right to cry.

I've found sometimes it takes something big and heartbreaking to make people stop and think.

I hope she comes to her senses. I hope everything gets better tomorrow. I hope you don't have to wait a decade to start considering the possibility of good. But if all else fails, I really just hope you get a certainty of good someday.

And I have to say it: don't let this lead to dropping out. Dropping out of school is terrible forever. Maybe you can find art in school? I know we're all awkward nerds here basically, but...well, that just means no one will be surprised if we call school a refuge.

Good luck. And if she destroys it, or if you do--give it the viking burial it deserves, and when you come up, come up swinging.
QwQeZLQ.png