Recycling!

5 Apr 2017, 10:47 pm (Edited 5 Apr 2017, 11:04 pm)
Hi all! As I’m sure most of you are aware, recycling is coming really soon to Furvilla - you might’ve noticed in the item museum that some items have a FurGem value attached to them now!

We’ve got some exciting stuff planned for the shop, but we’d like to ask you all for the sort of things you’d like to see in such a shop.

For reference, common items give 10 points, uncommons 15, rare items 20, and super rare items 25. Keep this in mind when thinking about rewards and how difficult they should be to purchase!

Other things to consider - would you like options to buy valuable items directly for a lot of FurGems? How would you feel about boxes that have random loot in it, with potential for rare stuff - but the boxes themselves were sold for significantly less?

Remember! We’re looking for new items, not existing ones!

Due to technical & resource limitations, we can’t pick every idea and implement it into the store - but we are looking for some ideas.

Finally, while we get the store ready - would you like it to be opened immediately so you can begin to recycle items before the items are available to purchase? Or should we release it all at once?

5 Apr 2017, 10:48 pm (Edited 5 Apr 2017, 10:52 pm)
Not sure how to answer all of those, but I definitely want to be able to recycle as soon as possible myself. Inventory is, well, swarming, so to speak.

I know I would love the ability to directly buy as well, and valuable items sound good to me! Maybe special pets and new costumery?
5 Apr 2017, 10:49 pm
I want to see a new weapon.
Kuro/15/Hawaiian-Aleutian/all pronouns/ISTP

I'm a monster.
u_want_sum_puk_by_chillyfoot-dbgp01d.png

See avatar.
Dedbowe by Craptastical Gemdino
5 Apr 2017, 10:50 pm
I'd love to have a way to buy exploration items. Things you get from explorers or warriors in bulk.

I'd also love to see loot crates. You buy them and you have a random chance of getting an awesome item, a lot of FC, etc.
5 Apr 2017, 10:51 pm
MOD-Wisteria Please do keep in mind that RNG seems to be rather punishing to a great many of us players ;_;
Please ping so we don't get lost!
dreampuff_raffle_banner_by_cthulucy-dbi4
[CENTER]21.jpg[
5 Apr 2017, 10:52 pm (Edited 5 Apr 2017, 10:53 pm)
Can you explain what all of these things do exactly? Both Furgems, recycling and what recycling points are?
Sheason is my furvilla waifu
Please Ping me!

Connor. He-Him/They-them Pansexual
21 Canadian ENTP-T
+2 Hours Server time.

gF0J5AA.jpg311lu8z.png
5 Apr 2017, 10:54 pm
-Forum banner backgrounds
- New weapons
Her/She~Talk Nerdy to Me
ootuzuH.gif

ISO Painte Maker Collecting ART!
Deviant.Art Art Shop DrawUs!
5 Apr 2017, 10:54 pm
I would personally would like the begin recycling items even before anything is release because it would really help clear out the clutter.
tumblr_ogyrsqu38c1v14vrao2_r1_400_by_ver
5 Apr 2017, 10:55 pm (Edited 5 Apr 2017, 10:56 pm)
I'd like to be able to purchase FDE items with fur gems, and (if they werent going to be already), have their own separate tab next to furcash and furdollars.

Item wise, I think maybe more forum vistas would be nice, especially custom ones!! And def what the others have said too. loot crates, buying explore/warrior items in bulk, etc etc etc
Spr_5b_428_s.pngSpr_5b_302.pngSpr_5b_625_s.png
5 Apr 2017, 10:56 pm
I would like to directly buy some of the more valuable items, but boxes you can open are cool too! I'd also like to recycle as soon as I can.

I'm also wondering if the shop will be similar to the fur dollar emporium?
5 Apr 2017, 10:56 pm (Edited 5 Apr 2017, 10:56 pm)
I want to see a new weapon.

Lots of new weapons (as well as many new items) are coming soon for the warrior overhaul! Keep an eye out!

Can you explain what all of these things do exactly? Both Furgems, recycling and what recycling points are?

Recycling points/FurGems are the same thing. It's a way to get rid of excess items and buy rewards for doing so.
5 Apr 2017, 10:57 pm (Edited 5 Apr 2017, 11:00 pm)
I feel like the boxes​ are a good idea. That way you can have people trade out unwanted items for new items without the "everyone-wants-this-so-we'll-oversaturate-the-market-with-them." It also adds a rondomness and that encourages people to keep trading for the items they really want!

Edit: Mixed up with/without
@ me, cause I'm about that ping life.
Icon by Author
5 Apr 2017, 10:58 pm (Edited 5 Apr 2017, 10:58 pm)
Would you like options to buy valuable items directly for a lot of FurGems? That would be nice!

How would you feel about boxes that have random loot in it, with potential for rare stuff - but the boxes themselves were sold for significantly less? That also seems good! It seems you're going for something similar to the pet boxes--- a random chance for some rare or common items, but the rare ones can still be bought directly for those who don't trust their luck!

Would you like it to be opened immediately so you can begin to recycle items before the items are available to purchase? Or should we release it all at once? Possibly release the shop and recycling all at once, but don't add clickable purchase buttons for 24 hours to give people some time to stock up? Especially if there's limited stock! (as in, like, patternbook snipable limited stock)

As for new items, I'd love to see a few different things!

Maybe a box that can allow you to get any plushie at random? maybe or maybe not including festival and gembound plushies.

Some new weapons/armor would be cool!

And if you need an OC for a shopkeeper (which you probably don't) i'll just.... be here

but i'm super excited!

Hello, I’m Jasper or Frog, an amateur artist and writer!
Here is my art instagram!

5 Apr 2017, 10:59 pm
It'd be really great if there were a few valuable items worth a LOT of fur gems, so that there's something to save up for. I'm concerned that with as easy as it is to get fur gems (50 breedings of a common animal a day will be 500 fur gems--and that's just breeding animals!), it might be too easy to buy up all the goodies and then have nothing to look forward to.

Blind boxes are pretty fun! Would the items inside be exclusive to the boxes? I think that'd be interesting, and it wouldn't affect the rarity of outside items..

Consumable items that affect careers would be pretty useful!
XNlBkTx.png
male | atheist | trans | aro ace | hylian
5 Apr 2017, 11:00 pm
If you do implement loot boxes, don't make this the only thing that can be purchased. I tend to like loot boxes in games where they contain crafting materials, but I don't want my game to be decided totally on those boxes.

I think temporary buffs for villagers would be a cool addition. Plushies, Equipment, Housing Items, Vistas. Maybe even a new costume if you are feeling froggy. Mostly I feel like everything you can currently collect, like animals, is waning in my interest. I'd like to see a completely new addition of the game either alongside or planned with this update. Because eventually all the items we are getting will end up as valueless as the ones we are sinking into it if that is the only endgame.
1666-rainbow-cloud-koi.png
Ω Ruby's Ranch Ω
Paintie premades, customs, and F2U Bases
55A6Nrp.pngtumblr_lmajg3C2Ki1qhitpe.gifwttDoZV.png

5 Apr 2017, 11:00 pm (Edited 5 Apr 2017, 11:02 pm)
PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO THE BLIND BOX IDEA! I know I'm of the controversial minority and unpopular opinion here, but I LOVE chance items. I don't care if I get bad loot or good loot, I just want to see the ~~risk~~ and ~~pay off~~. It's the most exciting thing to hold your breath and hope for something amazing, and if it doesn't pan out, well, you knew the chances and you still had fun!

Maybe a really, really high-priced item could be the ability to suggest a new minipet for the FD Emporium in the following month? Obviously, it'd have to be crazy-expensive, and maybe it would only be stocked very rarely to prevent rich players from causing excessive lag on the artist's schedule.

Oh, geez, what else.. this is so exciting! What about a Vista that's only able to be purchased with Gems? It could feature rubies and sapphires to represent the store itself. Perhaps minis that are only able to be gained from the Store? What about higher durability items that are only able to be purchased from the store? A 400/400 Stable? Impossible everywhere but the Recycling shop!

Sorry for unloading all my wordvomit onto you guys but this is just the best idea I've heard in a long while, so please don't be afraid to put my logic back in its place, as I know A LOT of coding goes into things like this!

EDIT:
On top of being high priced and stocked only at infrequent, random intervals, there would only be a set, limited number of "minipet vouchers" released per month!
. . psychology, biochem & vulture culture enthusiast . .
. . roleplayer // choctaw native // slow responder . .
. . nontheistic satanist // rabbit lover // sagittarius . .
. . polyamorous // asexual // panromantic . .
( he / his / him )
5 Apr 2017, 11:01 pm
I'd also love to see loot crates. You buy them and you have a random chance of getting an awesome item, a lot of FC, etc.

Oh gosh, please no FC dumps, though! Gold generators are what ruined the economy on Gaia Online, after people bought them and unloaded billions of gold into the game.
XNlBkTx.png
male | atheist | trans | aro ace | hylian
5 Apr 2017, 11:02 pm

Oh gosh, please no FC dumps, though! Gold generators are what ruined the economy on Gaia Online, after people bought them and unloaded billions of gold into the game.

I don't think we should go that far but we do have a lot of FC dumps now.
5 Apr 2017, 11:06 pm
Blind boxes would be cool (Just not FC gens please I don't want this to be Gaia 2.0) Maybe a vista and a trophy if you recycle enough? Just some ideas.

.::Beta Tester::.
Please quote/ping me!
Plz click mons
xSRsBu0.pngO1R9wQ3.pngnYno2vL.pngA2eG9W8.pngwttDoZV.png
Flags by Lu
29 | They/Them
Icon by @whitelykos
Professional Disappointment
ADHD|Depression|Anxiety|Aspergers
5 Apr 2017, 11:06 pm (Edited 5 Apr 2017, 11:09 pm)
First off, looks like you got a promotion Wisteria! Congrats!!!

As for some feedback.... RNG boxes I'm on the fence about. It would be nice to see a non FD option for something like that.... but the RNG has been really heavy on this site and has screwed a lot of players so to speak (serpent fest, serpent eggs... etc) so having boxes with something AND the ability to buy each item within for a lil more would be a decent balance. As long as every item is accessible not only via a box... I think it would be ok. But there needs to be something more than RNG for stuff. It has its place but like.... working really hard only to have terrible luck (looking at my feathered serpents, all common except one uncommon after 30 days incubation) it just feels like impossible.

Items i would like to seee.... maybe some more vistas? Village themed ones? Other cosmetic items that work similar to the Gala Outfits maybe? New schematics and stuff for weapons (though i know you said above that more weapons are coming eventually). New plushies, maybe some shopkeeper/mayor/other NPC plushies?

Love the idea of new buff items that work similar to the Snow Fest Leaf, Star fairies

Maybe some like... inventory/storage/stall upgrade items? Might be fun to get them an alternate way OR be able to gift them
v1bHoNS.gif
Salem/Provie - she/her - 27 y/o
5 Apr 2017, 11:07 pm (Edited 6 Apr 2017, 8:39 pm)
Edited

A few tentative thoughts on the new features of the shop. (I browsed through the other threads so some of these are just a thumbs up for suggestions already made)

- +1 the idea of there being buff consumables like the fairies from the snow festival available for purchase!

- +1 the loot crate idea. I think I'd prefer if the crate itself was more expensive and had a rare chance at giving an item that is exclusive to fur gems and worth a LOT of them. It would also be great if the high priced item changed periodically.

- As of now, 1 common animal = common 2 materials/1 loot( which are much easier to obtain, aren't limited to quantity you can produce per day and can stack.)
While great at being a pet sink, this new feature doesn't really incentivise the average player to keep up with AH. At least not like the serpent festival did. (During the serpent festival, suddenly even the most common pet had a lot of potential value, even if most of the time it resulted in a loss.)
I could be completely wrong...that's just my personal take on it.

Will continue to edit this post as I come up with more ideas, or come across other suggestions I'd like to support.

<3 Ily <3

5 Apr 2017, 11:08 pm
Also: It's something no one will like but I think it would be a good idea to have items that are stocked. (Plz hear me out on this.) This makes the item valuable and encourages players to stay on the site. If also in future situations where the items become extremely valuable. (Think pets during QP event) it prevents people from scooping up hundreds at a time. (PS: having a high stocking amount will keep people happy tho, like 100+ or sumthin.)

I know I'm probably not 100% clear or maybe my logic is wrong, Please feel to correct me tho.
@ me, cause I'm about that ping life.
Icon by Author
5 Apr 2017, 11:09 pm
A new rare species potion/plush that's furgem exclusive. Idk what it'd look like, but something neat and not just a rl creature.

Though maybe some furgem exclusive plushies like moths, cats, ect too. Maybe they could have gems incorporated in somehow.

TH | DA | FA
25784036_FkyhFtLE3cAnQlx.png
5 Apr 2017, 11:37 pm
I love the loot boxes! Maybe they should have a monthy theme too? So you can get different monthly themed items from the loot boxes? Also, pets, I love the FD monthly pets so maybe the furgems are one way to get them if people can't get FD?

Also, maybe clothing? I dunno, heh, Or food!! Food is good to get! There can be a food loot box? (I love loot boxes, whoops)

Also, maybe if we have clans (kind of like the ones in Lioden) we can hold clan raffles and to be able to create a clan we can/have to use Furgems?
·.¸¸.·♩♪♫ Andy | He/Him | INTP | DA | Slytherin | TH| Born Oct 16 ♫♪♩·.¸¸.·
b1bb62e7ecbed7c9e5b53b61857cae944e649e54
5 Apr 2017, 11:42 pm
MOD-Wisteria Please do keep in mind that RNG seems to be rather punishing to a great many of us players ;_;

Agreed. Please don't add another random element. Too much of this game is based on RNG.
Mmm love me some turty's