Tips on shaving fur?

5 May 2017, 6:34 pm
I've been making a practice fursuit, Patch, in order to get my skills up before I start making my ocs into fursuits. I've recently bought a Wahl electric razor (https://ibb.co/eYh85k), but I was looking for any tips to help me shave the head fur.
Xg0FJFg.png
hey im omen and i love random messages from people so please come talk to me
i love anime, dan and phil, TØP, FOB, P!ATD.. im in too many fandoms so if you wanna rave about something im right here

5 May 2017, 7:29 pm
^
Xg0FJFg.png
hey im omen and i love random messages from people so please come talk to me
i love anime, dan and phil, TØP, FOB, P!ATD.. im in too many fandoms so if you wanna rave about something im right here
7 May 2017, 7:37 pm
It's honestly a very straightforward process, but here's some stuff that may not be obvious:

Shave before you put the pieces on (but it's not a disaster if they're already glued). I also find that shaving with the grain and then against the grain (and for true overkill, left and then right) gets the neatest looking results.

Also don't bother with the attachments; faux fur is so thick that they don't really make much of a difference.
18 May 2017, 11:01 am
I use the 1/2 inch attachment for hand paws and areas on the head like ear backs and such pretty muc with the grain, brush, against the grain brush and then I come in and trim, brush and continue on.
I try to use the guards cause my blades are so sharp that they will cut the fur if the backing gets caught in them
xSRsBu0.pngnYno2vL.png