Battling userstyle (LF: feedback)

8 May 2017, 8:29 pm (Edited 13 Oct 2019, 6:26 pm)
142352_after.jpeg

You'll need an extension to make this work. I do not recommend Stylish.
If you want it on an Android mobile device, Firefox allows mobile add-ons. 
I do not know of any iOS compatible browsers that allow add-ons, but if you know any, I'm all ears!
(Firefox | Chrome | Opera | Safari)

You can choose to enumerate all pages of the tourney (not that there are multiple pages most of the time) and to disable the sliding animation by clicking Customize Settings before installing the style.

Pinglist for changes:
jess #7302 | she/her | links

8 May 2017, 8:30 pm (Edited 18 Nov 2018, 3:15 pm)
My current concerns have to do with text/images clipping out.
Yes, I know the candycorn button doesn't match the other buttons with the halloween site theme.

I'm also considering adding some other changes right now:
  • If you've used the Giving Tree condenser, you'll know I moved the right sidebar to the side to make more room. I'm thinking about doing the same thing since there's a lot of free space now to scroll through.
    However, most people tend to switch through their villagers' careers and this might mike it more troublesome (especially on narrower screens), and this doesn't actually mean less scrolling, so... I dunno.
  • I moved the candycorn button up so that on most resolutions, you will not need to scroll down between battles to use them. I am considering moving all consumables up.
  • I'm also considering making a mobile version, but I'm not quite sure what kind of layout would benefit mobile best. Right now, you pretty much have to zoom in each round to do anything.
So, yes, I need help? I guess? Just install the userstyle and let me know if you see anything going wrong, I guess. Or if there's something you'd like to see.
8 May 2017, 8:32 pm (Edited 8 May 2017, 8:51 pm)
I tried to annotate my code as best as a could so that someone with only very basic knowledge could bumble their way through it. That is to say, if there's a feature you really dislike, it should be pretty easy to figure out which section is causing that and delete it.

That being said, please do tell me if there's a part of it that you really dislike. I'm not too familiar with userstyles.org, but I think(?) there's a way for me to make several versions.
8 May 2017, 8:52 pm (Edited 8 May 2017, 8:55 pm)
holy textblock hell
how offputting is that
8 May 2017, 8:56 pm
this userstyle gave me clear skin and blessed my crops
ok maybe not but it's doing the lord's work ok.  clicking is the worst
9203899_HKyfmms8htbfv5F.png
da thtwitter

art by sugaryu
8 May 2017, 8:58 pm (Edited 8 May 2017, 8:59 pm)
Holy fluff thank you! This is so much nicer to look at!!! AND it's a ton easier to know a monsters strengths and weaknesses!! Thank you!

.::Beta Tester::.
Please quote/ping me!
Plz click mons
xSRsBu0.pngO1R9wQ3.pngnYno2vL.pngA2eG9W8.pngwttDoZV.png
Flags by Lu
29 | They/Them
Icon by @whitelykos
Professional Disappointment
ADHD|Depression|Anxiety|Aspergers
8 May 2017, 9:00 pm (Edited 8 May 2017, 9:07 pm)
unknown.png
high pitched screaming

edit: I fixed this! it's okay! 
8 May 2017, 9:01 pm
This is great, had no idea it was for Opera too
Sheason is my furvilla waifu
Please Ping me!

Connor. He-Him/They-them Pansexual
21 Canadian ENTP-T
+2 Hours Server time.

gF0J5AA.jpg311lu8z.png
8 May 2017, 11:05 pm
This looks great! I have a few customizations set up to make use of the space and just condense the page a little (inline-block on the loot so that even up to 5 drops can be seen without scrolling down, + the end stats and candy-corn div I move to the lefthand free space), this is going to be a fantastic addition!
LvF9gA.pngMkDY5I.gif
8 May 2017, 11:11 pm
ur my savior that makes things so much easier thank u
can u put me on the pinglist for changes?
cake || 19 || agender || they/he || just ur local gay fairy cat
8 May 2017, 11:19 pm
This is... I'd buy you a cup of coffee for this I would.

Please add me to the ping list for updates too c:

<3 Ily <3

8 May 2017, 11:21 pm
Thank you so very much!
You are a blessing
8 May 2017, 11:28 pm
So after a few battles, the only things I felt needed tweaking is, yes the armor type. Honestly Making the text larger and red would do the trick. Or even just red.

Other than that, moving the candy corn somewhere back where it used to be would help. (when it was between the warrior and continue battling buttons0 Less scrolling ftw.

<3 Ily <3

8 May 2017, 11:31 pm
bless this
Lila! / 23 / Female / MST (Furvilla time -1)
8 May 2017, 11:41 pm
Thank you so much, this is a godsend

I prefer having a little bit of a gap between the top of the page and the content, with the header logo and all that so i turned off those bits, but besides that I like pretty much everything you've done! It meshes well with the custom style i have as well.

I agree that moving the chocolate candy corn back up would be cool, and that the modal that pops up upon use is clunky as all get-out, so I'd love to see your solutions for that.

I would love to be pinged for updates!
please ping me!
LNGprhC.png
9 May 2017, 4:46 am
AMAZING

My browser window is narrow af so it cuts out a little on the right side, but honestly I can live with that :') Now I have all the information nice and condensed and I can even see the log o/
EjuKFRA.png

Seeking: Winter and snow themed painties, forest or folklore themed painties and body horror (thread!). Don't hesitate to ping me if you make premades that fit this!
9 May 2017, 11:44 pm
LazyKat  
I hadn't realized loot did that because loot drops last night were still super infrequent, and I hadn't battled much, oops. Fixed now.

Can you explain what you meant here? Left-hand free space?
end stats and candy-corn div I move to the lefthand free space

========================================

pinglist; Cakestellation Coo Moxxy

New changes:
- loot condensed into one line
- can click the continue battle button even when modals are open
- chocolate candycorn button is moved up with the other post-battle buttons

Issues:
- continue battle button will cover the modals. I'm not gonna fix this because I like the convenience of it, so just remove the block labelled "continue battling" if it bugs you.
- current version looks like this. Would you prefer something like this? I went with the former because I'm prone to misclicking.
9 May 2017, 11:54 pm (Edited 9 May 2017, 11:54 pm)
msjanny
Oh, by 'free space' I just mean that FVs content generally only takes up 2/3 to 1/2 my screen (depending on monitor and resolution) with large empty spaces on either side, so I moved the stat box to the empty space on the left side as part of my I-refuse-to-scroll adjustments, hehe.
example with your own fantastic scripts:
dg06tu.png
This is one my husbands laptop, which has a higher resolution than the monitor I usually battle on, so the space is even larger than what I'm used to.
LvF9gA.pngMkDY5I.gif
10 May 2017, 1:41 am
I agree with the "no miss-click" version, however I think if you just switch the candy corn and the warrior elixir ..if that's even possible... then miss clicking wouldn't be much of an issue. Reasoning it's more effort to click on the far left then click on the far right, than it is to click both options that are the furthest right.

That's my only suggestion for that one.

But for now I'm just going to use the version with just the candy corn up there :)

<3 Ily <3

11 May 2017, 12:05 am
Alright, thanks!
12 May 2017, 10:42 pm
13 May 2017, 9:29 am
msjanny
Downloaded, what a great idea! Only issue for me so far is that the top area of the website (logo and back theme) is cut off, with the search bar on the far left where the logo icon should be ^_^
Pyon - 19 - He/Him

Please ping me!
13 May 2017, 10:16 am
Pyon
Pretty sure that's intentional, so that you have to scroll less and you have more of the information on the page. For me, the fact that the logo is cut off makes it so that I can still see the battle log, which I wouldn't be able to see w/o scrolling otherwise.
EjuKFRA.png

Seeking: Winter and snow themed painties, forest or folklore themed painties and body horror (thread!). Don't hesitate to ping me if you make premades that fit this!
13 May 2017, 10:21 am
Ammoth
Ahh that actually makes sense! Thanks for explaining~
Pyon - 19 - He/Him

Please ping me!
13 May 2017, 11:44 am
Pyon
Yes, that's intentional, but if you want to get rid of that:

71703ed59fe446d7ba55bf34231482d9.png
Edit the userstyle and delete the highlighted portion of code.