Furring toes + fingers?

11 May 2017, 7:45 am
Hello! I am making a fursuit, and I'm having trouble with furring toes + fingers. I know you're supposed to hot glue the fur down after sewing it all together, but how do you correctly sew the cylinder (?) pattern that is fingers + toes?? Is there another way to do this? Everything I've tried looks like a mess^^
Xg0FJFg.png
hey im omen and i love random messages from people so please come talk to me
i love anime, dan and phil, TØP, FOB, P!ATD.. im in too many fandoms so if you wanna rave about something im right here

11 May 2017, 7:54 am (Edited 11 May 2017, 7:55 am)
you should probably get a handpaw pattern from the Internet!

in my experience with sewing cylinders, you'd want to flip the fur inside out (upside down, with non-furry part exposed) and get a square of fur big enough to wrap around any foam you're using, plus ~1-2 cm extra.

then you would leave one of the parts open for a gap (the part that's open to slide onto the foam), and sew the top and side so the stitches round out the top. then you would flip the fur inside out and glue it on the foam!

(Or at least, this is how I would think to do it. No idea if it's actually correct hahah.)

Hello, I’m Jasper or Frog, an amateur artist and writer!
Here is my art instagram!
And here is my FV art shop!

12 May 2017, 7:30 am
Frogluv123 You're a lifesaver, omg^^
I'll try this out sometime today and tell you how it worked out c;
Xg0FJFg.png
i love anime, dan and phil, TØP, FOB, P!ATD.. im in too many fandoms so if you wanna rave about something im right here
13 May 2017, 9:39 am
Frogluv123 Omg, it worked!!! Thank you so much, is there anything I can do to thank you??
Xg0FJFg.png