Let Us See Item Tally in Other Career: 60 Support

28 May 2017, 12:11 am (Edited 5 Dec 2018, 8:05 pm)
It's a bit annoying to have to set my villagers to a career just to see how many more of something is needed for a recipe. If you don't know what I mean, here's an example:

My villager Genie has Explorer, Tailor, and Crafter for careers. I want to keep her mostly in the explorer career so she can help gather the materials she needs for recipes in her other two careers. After some hours worth of explores (let's say 5 hours, for a total of 100 explore turns), I want to know how many more things she needs for a costume. I have to switch her to Tailor just to see how many items are left to meet the patternbook's requirements. If there's still more things needed, she can't make the costume, therefore, she is going to be in that career for no reason and now has to miss the next hour's explore turns.

If she is in Explore and I go to her Tailor career page and click a recipe, it simply bumps me back to the top of the page upon clicking it. How about instead, it lets you see the recipe's item tally like it normally would, but put '*insert villager name* is currently not in this career'. Like how when you're crafting something and you attempt to craft again, but it says 'this villager is busy'. Being that it let's you see the tally of ingredients of medicines while your villager is already crafting one, it would be great if this could be done too. ^_^

Edit: Also, this suggestion by zaffy2005 :

To be able to teach new schemas, blueprints, and other such recipe items to a villager who has the relevant career without having to make that their "active" career just to do it.

Users That Want This:
KrimsonCreature
RiceCakes
answrs
Soni
Ebsyjoy
MazdaTiger
vapourwave
Growlithe
SerenityStarla
pollyanna
rains
WarriorMaiden
Alewolf
PrayingMantis
RazzleBerryDazzle
xarazura
LSTheNinjaKitten
FartNugget
zaffy2005
PeachFox
Kay_Mentrae
Sugarxsalt
SapphireBleu
SnowRaven
GlassRevenant
LascielsShadow
Rivergold
MystRunner
Jashin325
krokodil_panodil
Kytheraen
_Microwave_
Pendulum
Kol
slimydeer
Steampunk_Llama
ShadowClaw7667
CherieBits
Marshmalllow
LethalLulu
Breezeyheart
TheArtsyFurry
ExternalEnthusiast
Taki_Wolf
zorkitkagi
Beriani
Dreki
AverageFurryFan
FloWolF
BiscuitThePug
CaligulasPeri
floof
MiyaOfFlames
Dakota_Skullwolf
Silverpelt60
Ghosteez
TheCobaltBlue
Incvbvs
Miraclebloom
Amrie
(Avatar by Twitchy Dingo!)

Rent excellent equipment for cheap! Pay with most anything! Rent Equips for Cheap ~Upgrade Event!~

Will draw for my custom item dreams (see Custom Dreams Guild in my forum topics) !
Krim's Art Shop!

29 May 2017, 1:51 am
bump

Rent excellent equipment for cheap! Pay with most anything! Rent Equips for Cheap ~Upgrade Event!~

Will draw for my custom item dreams (see Custom Dreams Guild in my forum topics) !
Krim's Art Shop!
29 May 2017, 1:54 am
Yes!! this is such an obnoxious thing and I don't understand why they implemented it
Elsie | She/Her | Art Shop|

5d1e25bf3c80251a33bb05272348fe36.jpg
29 May 2017, 2:03 am (Edited 29 May 2017, 2:04 am)
yesssss
especially for medicines and food, since my herbalists and cook/doctor have to both switch out of 2hrs worth of exploring (or just 1 if I time it right, but with the terrible plush drop rates this event even that's a lot... and still a minimum 40 explore turns) if I don't have enough of a certain plant. or for smithing/crafting/etc, if I'm missing just one or two of a restock item I can't buy in user shops, that's 20-40 turns, again, I'm missing out on for nothing.

I play mobile 95% of the time, so having 3+ tabs open for checking the item, searching it to find the ingredients, and then hunting my inventory for the items, while going back and forth to see if the numbers match, while possible, is a maaaajor pain and, honestly, waste of time when there's already a perfectly good system that just requires one click (the "villager is busy" message)
29 May 2017, 2:03 am
You could always look at the patterns museum entry and how much you have of each in your inventory?

tumblr_ohr4d4NWar1ui403uo1_400.png
Check out my Profile for my art sales! c:
http://toyhou.se/Felixillie
29 May 2017, 2:04 am
RiceCakes

Yeah, I agree, it really is obnoxious. :P

Krim's Art Shop!
29 May 2017, 2:17 am (Edited 29 May 2017, 2:17 am)
answrs

Yes, I hate missing out on my turns, it feels so wasteful! X3

Felixillie

True, but depending on how many things are listed, that is terribly inconvenient. XD

Krim's Art Shop!
29 May 2017, 2:19 am
KrimsonCreature
yeah, and a time/mobile data sink to boot :p
It just seems so wasteful when they already have a working system not to just make use of it.
29 May 2017, 2:24 am
Yes please! This is annoying.
And when you have a large inventory (and slow internet connection) with no search function in the inventory to look for what you need, it's a pain!

F9EcHKE.gif

Deviantart | FurAffinity | Toyhou.se

•Pixel by me•
29 May 2017, 2:31 am
I feel same way
Hiya! I'm Ebsyjoy! I'm new to the furry community but I love it so much. Message me if you want to be friends. I live in Brisbane (Australia), any other brizze peeps out there?
29 May 2017, 2:52 am (Edited 29 May 2017, 2:52 am)
Soni said:
Yes please! This is annoying.
And when you have a large inventory (and slow internet connection) with no search function in the inventory to look for what you need, it's a pain!

Oh gosh, yes! D: Imagine my suffering when I need something that starts with 'w' and my inventory has several of each species of cloud and snow minipet. XD

Krim's Art Shop!
29 May 2017, 2:58 am
You don't actually have to switch careers, you can just click.
Career -> View All
Career icon -> Click on recipe

GSooFhm.gif

29 May 2017, 3:04 am
Humane

That is exactly what I do. Clicking the recipe only bumps me to the top of the page. If your villager is currently doing another career, recipes of other careers they have do nothing but that. :T

Krim's Art Shop!
29 May 2017, 3:15 am
Same issue as Krimson too, it just doesn't do the bumping thing for me, it literally does nothing at all. XD I've started going to the cookery shop just to see my coin count towards a costume instead of digging for 10 years in my inventory.

F9EcHKE.gif

Deviantart | FurAffinity | Toyhou.se

•Pixel by me•
29 May 2017, 4:29 am
Soni

That's a good idea! XD

Krim's Art Shop!
6 Aug 2017, 2:31 pm
bump

Krim's Art Shop!
7 Aug 2017, 5:40 am
bump

Krim's Art Shop!
7 Aug 2017, 7:07 am
I have to sacrifice my warrior's career just to keep eye on those dang candycorns for the spooky costume

I have to keep memorizing how many it needs before I stop explorer grinding

Yes you can see and check the item via item search of the career itself without switching but it's a bit cumbersome to go back and forth, only to realized I have 10 regants short
INTP Logician

Untitled.png

Miata Is Always The Answer!
7 Aug 2017, 9:22 am
You can search a recipe in the item museum and it lists all the necessary ingredients and quantities. Just subtract the quantities in your inventory from the list of requirements you find there.
female / 14 / INFP-T / lawful good / FV time

dreampuff_raffle_banner_by_cthulucy-dbi4
7 Aug 2017, 10:03 am
yes theres ways around it by just calculating it yourself by looking in your inventory and the item museum but the point here is that its SUPPOSED to work one way and its not. thats a bug that needs to be fixed.

when you try click the item while not in that career its missing the redirect that would normally give the popup; hence the # with nothing after it. its not an uncommon problem on sites, but its still a problem.

48d914857deefb2dbbdb0d96928d80d7.png
your shoes untied

(redicon --> vapourwave)
7 Aug 2017, 10:07 am
yeah, it's really not user friendly and make navigation very tedious... =/ Doesn't help that they keep releasing more and more dumb items (looking at you useless recoloured warrior reagents) and just argh... it's so hard to hunt things down in my inventory....
growlif_by_daieny-d7uk70y.png
7 Aug 2017, 4:23 pm
And imagine just how many things you have to check for with that Enchanted To Be Awesome Signet Ring! D8

Krim's Art Shop!
8 Aug 2017, 1:08 am
bump

Krim's Art Shop!
9 Aug 2017, 12:38 pm
bump

Krim's Art Shop!
11 Aug 2017, 6:25 pm
bump

Krim's Art Shop!