Bed Sets...

29 Sep 2017, 12:26 pm
Since the beginning of the year I've wanted to get a new bed set. This isn't unusual I switch sets at least every 3 years because there's a new character or design that I'm into. I fantasized about giving my room a much needed make over because I wanted to change things. (mostly because 2016 was a bad year)

One thing that always holds me up are the bed sets. For crying out loud companies! Do you only cater to kids who have twin size beds? Does the possibility of someone owning a full size bed not come to mind? And the one time I do find the set in full it cost double if not triple what the twin set does! Like a twin size comforter might be $20 and the full is like $60... why? I get it the full size uses more fabric but it isn't like a huge gigantic difference. Might luck out and they have the ever popular "twin/full" which is pretty much going to fit a twin bed or one like mine which doesn't need a box spring. But finding the sheet set is like climbing the side of a mountain.

Needless to say I never got my room fixed up. And Celestial_Witch knows this because I asked about the bed. And everything she told me was true! XP

Getting close to the end of the year and for some reason this fantasy life is clashing with my real life and I'm craving a new set up again. Like if I just change a few things my hopeless, depressing life will suddenly be bubbly and magic!

Looking at bed sets.

Only seeing twin sizes available.

Found a full size comforter it costs like $60.... really.

Found the full sheet set it cost almost $50... yes, really.

Twin size is super easy to find and super cheap.

I hate you companies that make these bed sets.

I finally got to the point I was okay with my old as dirt bed. Like if a kitty wants to sleep on the bed with me then there's a whole side of the bed for him/her! There's an entire side of the bed for all of my bears to hang out! I couldn't do that with a twin size bed. I saw a twin mattress. How does one fit on that? Today I've been screaming in my head about not being able to find a full size set or one that's affordable. And keep in mind, I'm really specific when it comes to sets. Has to be something I like. To each their own. But I don't want to downsize to a twin bed anymore even though that's the #1 reason I wanted a twin! The #2 reason was to have more space in my room.

29 Sep 2017, 12:30 pm
See.. I'm in an old mindset... I go for thread count over design. xD I recently went to TJ MAXX and bought 1500 thread count sheets, in white, and then I went out looking for some cute comforter, and got that and wah-lah I was done.

I know I'm not helpful.
7UBFRX4.png?1

29 Sep 2017, 12:31 pm
I saw a twin mattress. How does one fit on that?
i've only used a twin sized bed my whole life, and as a 5'9" person i fit on it really well, actually. there's also plenty of room for my stuffed animals, but that might be because they only take up the upper right corner of the bed and i usually use them all as extra pillows.

all in all though i can understand your plight on the price. like what the hell? that's not fair. a full is only a little bigger than a twin. why so expensive?
╭━━━━━━━━━━♔━━━━━━━━━━╮
「Veemo ¦ 22 ¦ he/they ¦ q&a ¦ need help?
ybna8zfb
╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
nx5na99
i used to be snowfallen! ping me using @81311!
FV Help Guide ¦ Chris and Rotsy's Guide
29 Sep 2017, 12:33 pm (Edited 29 Sep 2017, 12:35 pm)
splatfest AngelQueen Okay, about the price: Full size beds are not nearly as common as twin sized beds, so the price leaps a great deal due to the smaller niche. For instance, I don't know anyone who owns a full sized bed. Everyone either has a twin or a queen. Since they make smaller batches, and it's an odd size that isn't in as high of a demand, the price will be a lot larger since they need to make it worth the effort/time put into making them.

It's a bummer, but when it comes down to business it makes sense.
7UBFRX4.png?1

29 Sep 2017, 12:35 pm
I saw a twin mattress. How does one fit on that?

....I slept in my single for pretty much most of my life, and since a year ago I've had to move out into a room which was tiny because the landlord preferred queen sized beds...

I want my single size bed back ._. so much room wasted on a queen one... I slept on my single with tons of room to spare...

(Yes i know, I'm very helpful)

It's ridiculous how they overcharge you tho, have you tried online ordering?
5123597_zfp5lj9Iydcgnn7.pngby Puck
29 Sep 2017, 12:36 pm
splatfest AngelQueen Okay, about the price: Full size beds are not nearly as common as twin sized beds, so the price leaps a great deal due to the smaller niche. For instance, I don't know anyone who owns a full sized bed. Everyone either has a twin or a queen. Since they make smaller batches, and it's an odd size that isn't in as high of a demand, the price will be a lot larger since they need to make it worth the effort/time put into making them.

It's a bummer, but when it comes down to business it makes sense.
fair enough. i personally wasn't asking BUT nice to know actually :D
╭━━━━━━━━━━♔━━━━━━━━━━╮
ybna8zfb
╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
nx5na99
29 Sep 2017, 12:37 pm (Edited 29 Sep 2017, 12:41 pm)
BeakyBirds I envy people like you who don't give a flying fig about the design of bed sets. :o Right now I currently have Monster High not that I'm tired of it. And it totally matches my life. ^^;

splatfest For me seeing the mattress lying on the floor looked so tiny. :o It's been a long time since I slept on a twin size bed so I can't remember what it was like. And the funny thing is I have a bunk bed and the top bunk is a twin! But yeah, it's the price and unavailability that are the worst about having a full size!
29 Sep 2017, 12:44 pm
For me seeing the mattress lying on the floor looked so tiny. :o It's been a long time since I slept on a twin size bed so I can't remember what it was like. And the funny thing is I have a bunk bed and the top bunk is a twin! But yeah, it's the price and unavailability that are the worst about having a full size!
my twin size is also part of a bunk bed set! but my folks hated that, so my sis and i (who still share a room lmao) use one of the bottom headboards/footboards as our headboard for our bed, and the top part for the footboard. it's funny.

twin sized beds really are pretty tiny! i think my partner has a full because it's bigger than my bed but not as big as a king or queen size.
╭━━━━━━━━━━♔━━━━━━━━━━╮
ybna8zfb
╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
nx5na99
29 Sep 2017, 12:46 pm (Edited 29 Sep 2017, 12:49 pm)
Sylvette I was looking online. XP The bedding section in the store closest to me who would have anything has shrunken down to a half aisle for kids/teens.

splatfest My goodness! My sister totally claimed the top bunk when she was still with us. She loved it up there. ^_^ I was so close to getting a twin size bed this year but the one I picked out sold out shortly after. So I thought, maybe I'm not meant to get that bed? I had my heart set on a canopy bed too.
29 Sep 2017, 12:46 pm
AngelQueen See.. as long as it doesn't clash with my room (which I just painted) then I won't die inside too much. But boy, if the comforter is a pattern/color that looks hideous with my walls.. it's just not zen. xD

splatfest I only tagged you because you asked why so expensive?; figured it would be a nice little tid bit of annoying information brought to you by yours truly. xD
7UBFRX4.png?1

29 Sep 2017, 12:49 pm
splatfest I only tagged you because you asked why so expensive?; figured it would be a nice little tid bit of annoying information brought to you by yours truly. xD
info by you is never annoying bea XD
╭━━━━━━━━━━♔━━━━━━━━━━╮
ybna8zfb
╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
nx5na99
29 Sep 2017, 12:53 pm
BeakyBirds Ah, zen. My room is lilac so anything girly will go with it. :D
29 Sep 2017, 2:14 pm
I'll just leave my two cents here..

I have a full bed. Have had one for easily over a decade now, and my family's moved.. At least 7 times in my lifetime. With each move, I change my room. I used to have patterned bedspreads/comforters, but then I grew out of the last one I had (had a horse pattern on it, surprise surprise) and wanted something new. So I went for a plain teal comforter, and decided to dress it up with pillows. Worked excellently for years.
Then once that one got old and we moved to the house we're in now, we found a very high quality black faux fur comforter on sale at Bed Bath & Beyond. Bought it. Now I have it, it's simple and super soft, and I can dress it up with whatever colors and patterns of pillows I want. C:

So to put it simply, I recommend finding a plain comforter and getting pillows or plushies you like to make it fancier. Also for sheets; I got mine at a discount.. Somewhere.. Not sure. They're just plain grey sheets because I prefer grey over white. ^^
Let us not grow weary of doing good.
tumblr_nuy1i6uLGo1uoohs3o1_400.gif
29 Sep 2017, 2:30 pm
Aww man, I can't imagine ever sleeping on something smaller than a queen again, haha. I'm a bit spoiled.

I normally wait til I see a sale going on at BB&B or something and buy myself something soft if I want new sheets. I've just sorta accepted that I'm not going to be paying childrens' prices for bedsheets, but eh. My sheets are nicer than a kid's, so I'm ok with it. As long as me and my pals have somewhere soft to sleep.

Though I mean, I just found 1500 ct deep pocket microfiber sheets for $20 on the Wal Mart website, so that may be worth a look? Also duvet covers > comforters for life~