How do I make hooves?

5 Nov 2017, 3:45 pm (Edited 5 Nov 2017, 3:46 pm)
RGDlightteam I do not have any experience doing so but there is a site online I found, it may be helpful to you: https://imgur.com/gallery/Ube9n
vk6JP9M.png

Angel | Her/She | USA | FV Time | @106775
Toyhouse | DeviantArt

asDm8OR.png
G2PaTDu.png
5 Nov 2017, 3:47 pm
I use craft foam sheets to make the outside and hot glue it to cheap shoes, basically. I do recommend googling "faun hooves tutorial" to find other methods, tho
mmeiis.png

♥ f0xx0rzz | they/them | spooky ♥
I'm collecting 2017 Jack O Lanterns!!
5 Nov 2017, 3:51 pm
I made some pretty big split hooves for my fursuit. I just glued the foam onto a shoe, carved into the shape I wanted, then stretched fleece over it tightly and glued it down. Then I added the fur on top of that, which hid the edges of the fleece and covered the back of the shoe for a clydesdale fluff sort of look. They pulled off the illusion pretty well when worn with the suit's leg padding so I didn't need to have those saw off heel shoes for it. If you're going for a realistic look though you'll probably need different materials.
she/her, 23, aroace. Find me as Karmalarma everywhere!
❤~❤~❤
5 Nov 2017, 4:06 pm
I made a set a couple years ago using "gravity" heels (high heels with no heel, essentially), some faux fur, foam to fill the inside space, and two plastic lampshades I had from a broken lamp. Theyre in disrepair at the moment though, sadly.
base shoe: untitled_by_argentalazuli-dbsuyx0.jpg
Furred: untitled_by_argentalazuli-dbsuyxq.jpguntitled_by_argentalazuli-dbsuyxh.jpg
The type of lampshade I used: untitled_by_argentalazuli-dbsuz2g.jpg

am_crop_by_argentalazuli-dbqtvu4.png
5 Nov 2017, 4:06 pm
RGDlightteam
Depends how bulky the character is. If they have really big, bulky or fluffy legs (or a mix) then you can just do normal digitigrade and use slippers or shoes covered in fleece, minky or felt (would not recommend felt sheets but work with what you have; fleece is better for your wallet whilst still looking nice imo, but minky is the nicest) . It'll end up looking like Lamarr
For a similar design but a less cartoony/soft look, you can use faux leather or something similar to give it a proper hoof texture kinda like this - I think the name for the other material people use is.... Vinyl? It's that really REALLY shiny one... But that can look tacky if you get a particularly cheap one. It can look really good though if you do it right

The other option, recommended if your character is a fairly realistic half/suit (so pretty scrawny) are hoof boots. These give you the clop and look amazing, but they do a huge number on your feet because they are essentially high heels with the heel sawn off... Unless your character has really long fluff/feathering, in which case you can keep the heel and just use the fluff to hide it. I'm not sure what materials to use here, so you'd have to google it - but they're basically the same options as above with another one or two added on.
painties_by_headsmashscrafty-dbess4i.pngy_by_headsmashscrafty-dbtweu3.pngart_by_headsmashscrafty-dbess4o.png