Is it a good idea to make a head at this point?

16 Dec 2017, 11:50 pm
I will most likely keep growing, is it a good idea to make a head? I've never made one before, and I'm kind of afraid that I'll grow out of the head. Should I make it a little big?
hey now
im probably inactive

16 Dec 2017, 11:53 pm
I could be 100% wrong, but I thought that the skull doesn't really grow.. Isn't that why babies have huge heads? I mean sure it changes and shifts a bit, but for the most part it doesn't "grow" does it?
gIhJQDV.gif
ukF7ngY.pngNsrhtqF.pngolPimSM.jpg
16 Dec 2017, 11:54 pm
depends how old u are? Velociraptorian

cUxxbyg.png
16 Dec 2017, 11:54 pm
this isnt helpful info at all but i was so confused and scared until i saw "fursuiting chat" at the top

she/her
W5O99CF.pngRKJwIuk.gifW5O99CF.png
16 Dec 2017, 11:56 pm
I could be 100% wrong, but I thought that the skull doesn't really grow.. Isn't that why babies have huge heads? I mean sure it changes and shifts a bit, but for the most part it doesn't "grow" does it?

It might not "grow" persay, but people's heads still get larger?
hey now
im probably inactive
16 Dec 2017, 11:57 pm
well, how old are you? your skull does in fact grow, but if you've done most of your growing already, you'll be fine
Spr_5b_428_s.pngSpr_5b_302.pngSpr_5b_625_s.png
16 Dec 2017, 11:58 pm
Hmmmm maybe. >-> I'm not a suiter. I don't usually think about these things.. >.> So I really don't know xD

this isnt helpful info at all but i was so confused and scared until i saw "fursuiting chat" at the top

Saaaaaame XD I was thinking, "Head for what?!?!?!?"
gIhJQDV.gif
ukF7ngY.pngNsrhtqF.pngolPimSM.jpg
23 Dec 2017, 12:55 am
The foam will probably yield anyways. Don't make it too snug, but don't make it too loose either. If you insist on making it loose (or screw it up like I did) get a balaclava
✧✦⭐Np8Wiv7.png⭐✦✧
23 Dec 2017, 12:58 am
Draegi said:
The foam will probably yield anyways. Don't make it too snug, but don't make it too loose either. If you insist on making it loose (or screw it up like I did) get a balaclava

I actually suggest also installing the balaclava into the head to protect your foam from sweat :)
If you're concerned, I'd make it a couple inches larger to be on the safe side. My fursuit of Suzie is actually a little big on me, but she doesn't move around too much on me and it makes it a little more comfortable to wear. Likewise, my second fursuit's head is a tad small on me, and while I can wear her, I can't nearly wear her as long as Suzie because of the heat/the pressure on my head
god's mistake / 23 / Female / MST (Furvilla time -1)]
3 Jan 2018, 3:32 pm
If you've never made one before, there's a pretty good chance that by the time you've grown out of it (assuming you do), you'll no longer want to wear this one. This isn't meant to be a dig at your abilities, but no matter how many tutorials you've looked over to artists that you've observed, building a fursuit head is something that takes take and multiple attempts to end up "good" at. If you do grow out of it, you'll have skill and experience that'll help you build another one that better reflects how you want to present yourself in the fandom. I'd say go for it, just don't pick your main OC or favorite character-- if you mess up, chances are you'll associate that with the character afterwards.
Pine • 20 • they/them • PNW (-2 hours FV time) • INTP
tumblrtwittertoyhou.se
tumblr_inline_myneskulSW1rh7826.png
3 Jan 2018, 3:41 pm
How old are you? If you're worried about growing out of your suit I suggest waiting until you're between say 16 to 18 as thats when most suit makers are willing to take commissions for a variety of reasons, one of which not worrying about out growing your suit. I would suggest possibly trying a Kigu first (those character onesies)
Sheason is my furvilla waifu
Please Ping me!

Connor. He-Him/They-them Pansexual
20 Canadian ENTP-T
+2 Hours Server time.

gF0J5AA.jpg311lu8z.png
3 Jan 2018, 3:44 pm
If you make it about 22 or 23 in (not sure your head measurement for a rough estimate of what will work out) your head will fit but be a little loose and as you grow it should still be good!
Smol lesbean fox (sometimes wolf)
Twitter: @/seabreezefox
3 Jan 2018, 3:54 pm
If you make it about 22 or 23 in (not sure your head measurement for a rough estimate of what will work out) your head will fit but be a little loose and as you grow it should still be good!

Okay I know I already posted but uh. I'm adding on sorry.

I'd actually suggest measuring your head and measuring that of an older sibling or parent (if they're your bio parents) to see what the growth is. I personally will never buy a premade/secondhand fursuit because my head size is closer to 24-25, something that I could've easily predicted early on based on the fact that my parents also have frustratingly large heads. Your head size will probably be similar to your parents'.
Pine • 20 • they/them • PNW (-2 hours FV time) • INTP
tumblrtwittertoyhou.se
tumblr_inline_myneskulSW1rh7826.png
7 Jan 2018, 3:45 pm
if you build the head on a hat you could have an adjustable head, which can also be done with resin
xSRsBu0.pngnYno2vL.png