Animal Handling Discussion 3.0

6 Jan 2018, 11:05 pm
Hi again, just dropping some more ideas off to be discussed.

Option One

In this option, players would be able to set a number of male pets in their stables as "Studs", which lists them on a public market for other players to utilise.

We'd then potentially consider moving sickness away from villagers, and instead re-purposing them as a consumable for animal handling; healthier pets would have a higher success rate, and after breeding their health level would decrease until restored with medicine consumables.

Additionally, breeding higher rarities in combination with one another would further increase the possibilities of breeding a SR pet.

Then, we could look at adding a system to help remove lower rarity pets from the game for rewards (I.e. the previously discussed mission system).

Option Two

Players can craft alchemy based items - these items vary in purpose, and must be charged by "sacrificing" (for lack of a better word) pets to gain charges; a charge (or more) is lost each time a pet successfully breeds.

These items would modify the following:
Uncommon Breeding Odds
Rare Breeding Odds
Super Rare Breeding Odds
Breeding Charges Available

For example, an item may be equipped that causes you to only have 10 breeding charges, but multiplies your chances of a Super Rare yield by 500% - which has similar results to the old system, but requires less manual management.

Another item may simply increase breeding charges without influencing your odds, while another still may increase rarity yields, but deplete charges much quicker than a regular item.

Option 3

Simple re-balance; the existing problems will still persist (for example, there won't be a good way to depose of common pets), but your chances of getting a SR will be roughly 25 - 50% higher than they are currently.

We'd start off with a lower amount, and slowly push the breeding success rates up until we've found a state everyone is happy with.

Option 4

Per above, but with the chance for breeding to fail outright; instead of creating another basically worthless common, you'll receive nothing - but the odds of receiving a higher rarity pet will increase significantly.

Option 5

Whenever you breed a pet, if there was a chance for that attempt to yield a Super Rare, but it fails to do so, you'll receive a 1% bonus on your next attempt; this stacks up to 200%, and on a successful Super Rare pet breed, resets to 0%.

This is the simplest "fix", but doesn't solve other issues related to animal handling (namely the excessive amount of common pets, and tanks the value of rares/super rares).

Will have some more potential ideas up for discussion soon. If you'd like to contribute an idea, please detail it as thoroughly as possible and ping me in the message.

I apologise for the swarm of ideas and concepts, but animal handling is tricky to fix retroactively and if we're to make changes to it, I'd really like to ensure we make the right changes on the first try.

6 Jan 2018, 11:11 pm (Edited 7 Jan 2018, 1:15 pm)
hmm.. I'm really tired atm, so I'll need to come back & edit my post later with more helpful thoughts, but so far here's my impression:

Option 1: Not really feeling this one. Redacted, see later post

Option 2: Intriguing, despite being a little confusing to me atm. Reminds me of the buffed structures idea, which I also liked, as you know ;w;

Option 3: Seems like this would answer the prayer of many players. Probably not the most effective solution but I wouldn't be mad at it I guess

Option 4: Not really feeling this one either... but if other people think that it would be necessary in order for option 3 to be fair, then I guess it's fine? I dunno if I think it's necessary though...

Option 5: I'd be fine with this too I guess.

I'm sorry I don't have much to say just yet u///u just really tired/brain-friend atm. I'll come back and edit this or maybe just make a new post as the discussion gets going
11ryuzb_th.jpgYBLdXhp.gif1F8Dbm5.gif11ryuzb_th.jpg
Laz ★ they/she ★ PST
laz_by_teacupinfinity-dc1sj6a.png
6 Jan 2018, 11:26 pm
I love all of these ideas, let me sacrifice my unneeded mini pets!
dawn_of_eternity.gif
6 Jan 2018, 11:54 pm
Option One

In this option, players would be able to set a number of male pets in their stables as "Studs", which lists them on a public market for other players to utilise.
I like this SO MUCH! I never knew I needed this until now! This would make studding a lot safer for people that really enjoy doing this and provide a way for AH users to make a small income beyond trying to sell pets!

We'd then potentially consider moving sickness away from villagers, and instead re-purposing them as a consumable for animal handling; healthier pets would have a higher success rate, and after breeding their health level would decrease until restored with medicine consumables.
This was one of the things I suggested in the first AH discussion so I like this idea a lot, however, I must admit I'm slightly concerned with using this in combination of the studding market mentioned above, because I feel like it could drastically drain the health of the stud- however this isn't a bad thing! It could greatly improve the income of doctors and doctors could become very useful again! :D

Additionally, breeding higher rarities in combination with one another would further increase the possibilities of breeding a SR pet.
This could certainly drive up the prices of higher rarity females, making them as valuable, if not more so, than males.

Then, we could look at adding a system to help remove lower rarity pets from the game for rewards (I.e. the previously discussed mission system).
This is certainly important!

Option Two

Players can craft alchemy based items - these items vary in purpose, and must be charged by "sacrificing" (for lack of a better word) pets to gain charges; a charge (or more) is lost each time a pet successfully breeds.

Uncommon Breeding Odds
Rare Breeding Odds
Super Rare Breeding Odds

For example, an item may be equipped that causes you to only have 10 breeding charges, but multiplies your chances of a Super Rare yield by 500% - which has similar results to the old system, but requires less manual management.

Another item may simply increase breeding charges without influencing your odds, while another still may increase rarity yields, but deplete charges much quicker than a regular item.
I really love this so much that I wish we could have option one and two together.

Option 3

Simple re-balance; the existing problems will still persist (for example, there won't be a good way to depose of common pets), but your chances of getting a SR will be roughly 25 - 50% higher than they are currently.

We'd start off with a lower amount, and slowly push the breeding success rates up until we've found a state everyone is happy with.
You're right in that it wouldn't fix much of the pre-existing problems. I feel like this idea should be left at the wayside, personally. You have much better ideas on here so far.

Option 4

Per above, but with the chance for breeding to fail outright; instead of creating another basically worthless common, you'll receive nothing - but the odds of receiving a higher rarity pet will increase significantly.
This is much better than 3, but I'm still feeling like 1 and 2 are much better options.

Option 5

Whenever you breed a pet, if there was a chance for that attempt to yield a Super Rare, but it fails to do so, you'll receive a 1% bonus on your next attempt; this stacks up to 200%, and on a successful Super Rare pet breed, resets to 0%.

This is the simplest "fix", but doesn't solve other issues related to animal handling (namely the excessive amount of common pets, and tanks the value of rares/super rares).
This is better than 3, but between 3, 4, and 5, option 4 is the best. However, I'm still much more inclined to 1 and 2.
NJ5dWJ5q2Xt8HcP2ovwxvxWmaCntPc
yahFKa
❤ I am not a mod, but I'm here to help! ❤
7 Jan 2018, 5:53 am
I like option 1 a lot, but my biggest concern is the minipet health

If the new pets are "born" healthy, whats stopping me from discarding my sick females and replacing them with the new ones?
If the "born" ones are born sick, then how often are meds needed?
Does the health decay 5% each breed?
Can we "heal" a pet from inventory or do we have to look and search through ALL our stable pages? Becase if we have to, please dont. Some users have more than 10 pages and it would be extremely boring to click through each one to see if our pets needs meds/care

And the most important question:

Should we re-name Doctors to Veterinarians?

The option 2 is not bad but I am sick of charges and I dont like them, Thank you for removing the charges on the feast minipets

Alchemyce minipets to potentially get better odds is not bad, i like it.
It feels 1 is better, tho, even If i am a little iffy about minipet caring...

Maybe a mix of both?
Instead Doctors making medicine to Fix Minipets, They could create other types of medicine to boost the breeding chances/charges/etc
Instead of these potions being Alchemist created, they would be Doctor/Vet created

Carrot / She/Them / 24
LHgicG9.pngSfCU3W3.png3217-magic-golden-carrot-of-doom.png
Tumblr
Paintie Coms And Premades
7 Jan 2018, 6:05 am
ah seems I missed the first two threads oops Let's count this as fresh eyes to the discussion >.>

Option 1- Stud market with breed odds debuffs & increased odds with rarer pairs
does this mean that we wont have villager sicknesses anymore and it'd be limited to AH? I'd be happy with that ahaha.

Would the pets have to be in the inventory or stable to go into the market or can the market be a sort of pet limbo where pets can be stored in the market, with limited/expandable market slots? I ask because there are some people who have a lot of SRs that they may be willing to stud but space may be an issue.

Option 2- Craftable breed odd buffs via animal sacrifice
animal sacrifice: if sacrifice level wasn't scaled by species or species rarity, one could spam bees, ladybirds and pets with low breeding CDs to gain charges/item uses. Consequently, they might tank SR prices more than what your example seems to anticipate.
Other than that, I quite like the idea of throwing low tiers to get a higher tier.

Option 3- Same, same but different. Higher odds.
Personally, I wouldn't have a problem with this if it also had the buff from rarer pairs like in option 1. We'd still need a sink for pets but maybe the recycle shop could have an AH item that boosts breeding odds??

Option 4- Commons are less common.
mm but maybe we could receive 10 fc rather than nothing? All I can imagine is a newbie trying to collect animals and results in collecting "nothing" and then once they finally obtain a pair, domesticate them, wait for their cooldown and then breeding "nothing"... Well, it'd be kinda discouraging =v= 100% chance to breed something on first breeding charge please.

Option 5- Increasing odds from failed Rare and SR breedings until SR then reset.
Similar to option 3, we could add some sort of AH item to the recycle shop that makes it more profitable to discard pets than keep them. Problem being that once you have one R or SR, it'd be too easy to get SRs so this suggestion should probably be ruled out.
Inventory Clearout. Leaving FV, looking for FR, CS, Art.
Liquidating Item Trade thread
LF C$ and characters
7 Jan 2018, 6:18 am
I like option one the best

but the Mission System is a bit dark.
I think we should have something other than missions. The idea of never getting your pet back is very dark, you'd be wondering what happened to them. Plus rng to decide the rewards. ughh!

How about an npc crazy about hoarding pets, who gives you special currency for giving him pets, based on said pet's rarity? And then he'll sell pet items like revita-bites and high durability stables. Items that you'll keep buying, unlike the Recycle Shop where most of it is best brought once or twice.

Here's my idea for the exchange rates
Each rarity has a number of points.

Common pet = 2
Uncommon pet = 10
Rare pet = 20
SR pet = 30

Common colour = 2
Uncommon colour = 50
Rare colour = 100
SR colour = 450

So breeding a common pet SR colour and donating it to him would give you 452 points (2 from the pet's rarity and 450 from their colour) and something like a rare pet rare colour would give you 120 points (20 + 100)

Feel free to tweak the rewards as necessary.

This system is a lot better than missions because the only RNG involved is the breeding of the pets to give him.

Shop stock ideas:
Revita-bite biscuit - 50 points
Revita-bite pack of 3 - 100 points
Breeding potion - 45 points
Stable - 100 points
Some pet-themed vistas (fv bug pets collage, fv cat pets?) for 150 points each

You should remove stable durability altogether since it's a nightmare thinking about waking up in the morning to a stable with a sr in it destroyed and the pet gone.
yabw8bsvyabw8bsvyabw8bsvyabw8bsvyabw8bsvyabw8bsvyabw8bsvyabw8bsv
7 Jan 2018, 6:34 am (Edited 7 Jan 2018, 6:36 am)
Baelfin said:
if sacrifice level wasn't scaled by species or species rarity, one could spam bees, ladybirds and pets with low breeding CDs to gain charges/item uses. Consequently, they might tank SR prices more than what your example seems to anticipate.
Other than that, I quite like the idea of throwing low tiers to get a higher tier.

Oh! That didnt occur to me!
Yeah thats a major loophole, oh jee!

If you had a big enough invo space, sure
You would be limited to 50 Buzz a day per 3 days, 100 Buzz in a week! so, if you need 10 pets of a species to make a nice potion, yeah, people could farm Buzz and/or Ladybyrds for some time and then use the potions on different species.

That could be a really big problem.

EDIT:

Imagine next Snow Festival, tho....
Free SRs for everyone!
Scrifice Snowpets, get SRs!

Carrot / She/Them / 24
LHgicG9.pngSfCU3W3.png3217-magic-golden-carrot-of-doom.png
Tumblr
Paintie Coms And Premades
7 Jan 2018, 7:09 am
i personally dislike options 1 and 2; right now, animal husbandry is the only career aside from exploring that a newbie can hop right in to, and if you make it require things from other careers, then that makes it more difficult for new players to join. (though, i do like the idea of a game-implemented studding service, so that there's more safety for people kind enough to lend their pets.)

option 4 i don't like because if a breeding can fail outright, then i just wasted my time breeding those pets. plus what happens if you have terrible luck with rng, and you keep failing breedings on (for example) fde pets, which you can only breed for the month? we definitely need less commons, but i don't think this is the way to do it.

i prefer options 3 or 5. is there a reason why we couldn't get one of those in combination with the "quests" to remove minipets? i feel like that would be relatively simple, and solve most of the problems (at least that i've heard of) with animal husbandry.
i'm an artist, check out my fa!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/honeebunny
click!

please quote me, so i remember what we're talking about!

buying adopts with fc+items
here

QP is my home, but i'm travelling now!
7 Jan 2018, 1:13 pm
After reading Rotsuoy’s response to Option 1, I understand it now, and I like it a lot more ^^

I think of these options, 1 and 2 intrigue me the most. I’m still clinging to the exceptional structure idea from the last thread too (I know I’m a broken record about that, sorry, it just sounds like fun + I want to build cool things for my explorers and warriors too!)

I don’t mind the fact that AH will lean on other careers in the future - I actually think that kind of villager synergy is really important and appealing. It makes the careers like a tree, with Explorers as the roots and each other career branching upwards from there. It might be a slight learning curve for some, but the benefits would certainly outweigh that ^^
11ryuzb_th.jpgYBLdXhp.gif1F8Dbm5.gif11ryuzb_th.jpg
Laz ★ they/she ★ PST
laz_by_teacupinfinity-dc1sj6a.png
7 Jan 2018, 1:26 pm (Edited 7 Jan 2018, 1:30 pm)
i dont do animal handling much so feel free to disregard this but i dont get why sickness is gonna be removed entirely with option one? doctors have already been made next to useless..... it takes a long time for a doctor to master all the recipes for medicine... would they all be scrapped in favor of new animal medicine? will sickness relating the the villages still be the same or will there be general sicknesses for animals?

option one just opens a lot of questions of how its gonna be implemented, i guess overhauling doctors would be useful but i think that should be a completely separate discussion and be ravamped on its own to make it a viable/useful career. why not just add on minipet potions instead of taking away the normal fucntionality

Sorry if I'm not understanding something... I haven't really followed these discussions that much and I'm just confused as to why doctors would be completely changed as well, without a separate discussion where people can give ideas/feedback for the doctor career.
v1bHoNS.gif
Salem/Provie - she/her - 27 y/o
9 Jan 2018, 2:40 am
All righty, here I go

After I address this directly, I'mma get to directly replying to people in the thread.

Option One

The stud option is a great idea, and it makes things safer for stud-lenders... but males aren't really what makes things in AH clunky, it's the massive amounts of females. It's one male of a species we're looking at, and up to a full harem of 50 females. Stud option is a nice addition, but if things are really going to look cleaner, then we need a "pen" grouping for the girls.

I really like the idea of moving sickness into AH, it gives it more of a reason to exist and makes it much less arbitrary. Though, I see a problem with the way it's proposed here

1. It still just seems to punish gameplay
Obviously not as bad as it currently is, popping up out of nowhere, but you're just breeding like you're supposed to and being punished for every action. Pets still have the same cooldowns, we're still going to have the same breeding limits, nothing substantial seems to be changing besides some re-balance.

There doesn't seem to be a way to mitigate the depletion of the health of the pets, either. Does adding this mechanic have a purpose, beyond adding some kind of arbitrary upkeep and keeping doctors relevant? Is it supposed to punish for breeding, do you want people to breed animals less? Or is this punishment being added as a material sink?

1 The amount of meds needed will be astronomical.
Someone else in the threat mentioned this already. One full harem is 50 animals, and you're suggesting the health go down every breeding... do you need to make 50 "meds" for each one? Will we have to interact one by one with every animal? Will each species need different medicine? Based on current numbers, this is going to be clicker hell.

I suggested a sort of "FlightRising Bar" in the other thread, which I think would be able to do this but better... allow users to pour "medicine" into this bar, which would auto-heal any animal with low health. It would make the system as you propose it more streamlined.

Sounds fair enough in tandem with everything else.

I'm still pro-pet sink here, so no protests from me.

Option Two

Uncommon Breeding Odds
Rare Breeding Odds
Super Rare Breeding Odds

I was confused on the use of the word "charge," it's a bit of a hackles-raising word for AHers, but I get it now. The "item" has a "durability" that depletes with use. As someone in favor of the structure upgrades, I'm in favor of this. That said, I would rather this power go to carpenters instead of alchemists, even with the extra non-slab material cost. "Items" can just be "structures" or "enrichment" built by carpenters, and then equipped to the AH page. Like "salt lick" or "feeding trough". If we're still thinking about removing stable durability (which I hope we are PLEASE) this would be a great alternative.

Buzz is going around the thread on possible exploitation though. Bony Ectoplasms, being an SR event pet, could absolutely unbalance this. What pets will be sacrificed, even? All commons? I would hope it's commons, and only of certain species (no buzzes no snowpets).

Option 3

Nah. My mindset's at "go hard or go home." If AH is gonna get its long awaited overhaul, then let's tackle its most fundamental problems while we're at it. Insularity, stable rot, astronomical amount of pets managed and produced, bad odds, and general clunkiness. Or as many as possible, at least.

Option 5

It will be important to have a way to 'force' the odds, no matter what we go with. Growlithe's Nightmare shouldn't be a scenario that happens anymore, where you can breed to the maximum capacity of your ability for any allotted time and not get an SR. If that scenario is breeding snowpets and never getting a decorated, or never getting the SR FDE pet with a full harem, or breeding SR species for a full year and never getting your SR/SR. It's good, and okay for the price of SR pets to come down so long as they don't become Bony Ectos.

That said, I don't think this is a good solution on its own for reasons I stated above. AH's getting a makeover so I think it should really be dug into, not just given a bandaid solution.

gazimchamp

sSWpDO4.png

gazimchamp
9 Jan 2018, 10:01 pm
I...am thorn a bit offguard here. Was not expecting anything like this.

Im intrigued but will need to look these over when im not half passed out. Im a bit concerned witht he decay or sick thing acting like charges we currently have on dec/jan pets or the spiny mouse/chi/cat. But im not sure im awake enough to understand it.

Is the 50 breeding cap being looked at in conjunction with any of this? Ideally if something works the cap should be obsolete due to natural restrictions and balance.

Expect me to pop in when im not 1/2 zombee <3.
<3
9 Jan 2018, 10:33 pm
Admin-Wisteria No offense, but options 3, 4 and 5 here seem like band-aid solutions that will work for short term only - if that. Once again, I'm going to suggest combining aspects of options 1 and 2. I like the studding aspect of option 1 a great deal; it would allow players to make money off R/SR males with minimal risk. I also like the idea that minipets might be able to get sick/lose health from a successful breeding, as this would make the breeding system more realistic. However, I don't think sickness should be removed from villagers, necessarily. I would suggest, however, that female minipets would both lose more health after a successful breeding and be able to at least partially recuperate during their cooldown period, to mimic real life reproduction.

I would prefer to get option 1's breeding and health points with option 2's built-in pet sink and odds-raising items. Option 1's studding system reduces the risk to players who offer their males for stud, and the loss of health creates what in some ways is a built-in charge system that might help cut back on overbreeding. However, what AH really needs - and has for almost as long as I can remember - is a RNG adjustment and a permanent pet sink, both of which Option 2 provides while Option 1, as currently envisioned, does not.
Maria | she/her/hers
11 Jan 2018, 6:09 pm
Would the pets have to be in the inventory or stable to go into the market or can the market be a sort of pet limbo where pets can be stored in the market, with limited/expandable market slots? I ask because there are some people who have a lot of SRs that they may be willing to stud but space may be an issue.

I mean, there would need to be some kind of limit to studding. I'm not sure if it's such a good thing that everyone will be able to have access to a SR stud without interacting in the community at all. Imagine if this looked something like the maintenance market, hiring out studs for your harem... what would stop one stud-owner from putting up theirs for 1 FC and servicing the entire site? It would completely tank the value of getting your own rare stud. Limited space or limited amount of studs you can list publicly would be a small limitation, which could help. Rotsuoy also mentioned that the health of a stud could be decimated by being studded out, which is another way there could be drawbacks (reminds me of Lioden's studding system, a little).

Option 2- Craftable breed odd buffs via animal sacrifice
animal sacrifice: if sacrifice level wasn't scaled by species or species rarity, one could spam bees, ladybirds and pets with low breeding CDs to gain charges/item uses. Consequently, they might tank SR prices more than what your example seems to anticipate.

This is very important. Perhaps it would be best to manually assign value to specific species, after a month of being on-site? In this way, we could avoid Bony Ectoplasms suddenly crashing the economy, or people spamming buzzes. Ninjago has suggested some good numbers, and I'll get to them, but we may have to set more specific categories for animal species besides our current C/UC/R/SR/Limited system.

ninjago said:
I think we should have something other than missions. The idea of never getting your pet back is very dark, you'd be wondering what happened to them.... How about an npc crazy about hoarding pets, who gives you special currency for giving him pets, based on said pet's rarity?

I actually really dislike that kind of lore reason. Wajas has the Obsessed Waja Fan, and ever since it was released it's bothered my sense of world-building XD I proposed a different way of doing this system, which instead would have your AHer training the animals, then eventually bringing them to their new owner. Like training doges to be service dogs, teaching unis how to pull carriages, etc. It can be called "Animal Promotion" or "Graduation" or "Rehoming." "AHers just know that every animal has a special purpose, and they know just where they belong. AHers can train and prepare an animal for a new job in service, such as becoming a seeing-eye pet, or joining the village military, and so on. But, after being trained, the animal will have to leave the AHer forever so it can do its new job."

We could even have a "most pets graduated!" leaderboard every month. That could be fun.

Common pet = 2
Uncommon pet = 10
Rare pet = 20
SR pet = 30

Common colour = 2
Uncommon colour = 50
Rare colour = 100
SR colour = 450

Shop stock ideas:
Stable - 100 points

These numbers are pretty solid from the offset, but I'd make uncommons worth less (unless we implement a system where both parent's colors influence the odds of breeding rare+) and SRs worth more. Also, I would exponentially inflate "sink shop" prices.

Under the current proposition, two uncommon pearls (selling for 100 FC in stalls atm) would equal a stable. That would crash the price of everything and make it a Recycle Shop 2.0. I'd adjust these prices to be in the thousands to begin with, and adjust accordingly if those prices are too high. Remember that one established AHer can produce 50 animals a day, and chances are a few of them will be uncommon if they have a rare stud! The pet sink needs to absolutely devour pets, not just pick off a few.

Also side note, Breeding Potions should never be in the shop. BPs are the backbone of QP's economy and an important craftable for them. That shouldn't be something put into the shop, you want people to buy them from a supplier in QP. Another side note, we should entirely have some kind of monthly new pet put into the shop, where you can buy SRs before they cycle out and become breedables.

i personally dislike options 1 and 2; right now, animal husbandry is the only career aside from exploring that a newbie can hop right in to, and if you make it require things from other careers, then that makes it more difficult for new players to join.

I understand this sentiment. Some have suggested AH become this exclusive endgame thing on the other threads and I strongly disagree. That said, I don't think AH should be a second "newbie" class. It should stay as a basic career, something for early players to get into, but not something newbies should start off on doing. Explorer should be the only career that requires no input from other classes. Even as it stands, if you wanna expand AH you'll have to invest in some stables from an explorer and carpenter.

AH should be like warrior career. Something that anyone can jump into, something that doesn't require other careers for (besides exploring), but if you want to get great at it, you'll need to go to other careers for support. A sense of progression is very important in games. Perhaps the ill effects of options 1 and 2 could just be less, with the less pets you have? Only breed 10 pets a day, or the less pets you have in general, and the easier they all are to care for.

gazimchamp

sSWpDO4.png

gazimchamp
11 Jan 2018, 10:23 pm
I proposed a different way of doing this system, which instead would have your AHer training the animals, then eventually bringing them to their new owner. Like training doges to be service dogs, teaching unis how to pull carriages, etc. It can be called "Animal Promotion" or "Graduation" or "Rehoming." "AHers just know that every animal has a special purpose, and they know just where they belong. AHers can train and prepare an animal for a new job in service, such as becoming a seeing-eye pet, or joining the village military, and so on. But, after being trained, the animal will have to leave the AHer forever so it can do its new job."

I love this idea - not only does it function as a pet sink, but it gives AHers a lore-friendly way to actively contribute to their communities. I really hope we get this type of pet sink.
Maria | she/her/hers
12 Jan 2018, 10:09 pm
i like a bunch of combinations of many of the options spoken about here and in the previous threads, so i dont feel too strongly about the differences between combinations of most of those, but i just want to make sure i let yall know i absolutely hate option 3, 4 & 5 LOL
i completely agree with luckyclaw that the focus of the AH changes should not be 'newbie usability' and maintaining the old system; we definitely need these changes to be an overhaul, not a bandaid.
18 Jan 2018, 7:06 am
Okay, this is a lot to take in, let me get a moment to go through all options... This doesn't look bad, I like some of these ideas in conjuction with each others! :'D

Option one.
1. the stud thing is really great! A much safer way for people to lend out their SR studs, which I am in favor of. Implement this regardless of what you pick please.
2. Not sure what I think about the 'moving sicknesses to pets' thing, mostly because that will mean most of us with harems of 50 or more females will have an endless click to restore health for our pets... But I can see this mechanic working if tweaked a little, so it's not a bad idea!
3. Breeding higher rarities together for higher success chance of higher rarity feels like common sense to me, so regardless of anything else decided, this should be implemented.
4. I'm not sure I like the mission approach yet, it would depend on the rewards and RNG percentages... As a pet sink tho, this could solve the problem with overflowing commons, so I'm reserving judgement for now. Could work in combination with any of the options.

Option 2.
This could work. I say so tentatively because again, it depends on how much it alters the RNG percentages. I feel charges in general are pretty negatively charged (pun intended LMAO) and not appreciated by us dealing with AH, so I'm unsure if its wise to add more charge-based mechanics. It COULD work, but y'know, I'm uncertain.

Also don't give this job to the Alchemists please, the alchemists have a lot of recipes already. Doctors or Construction workers would be a better idea as they have a lot less to do.

Option 3.
This is honestly what we asked for since beta, so I'm not opposed to this. But I don't think it should be the ONLY thing implemented. This solves one chunk of AH, but not everything. In combination with a good petsink, like the mission thing, it could be useful! I think generally speaking, upping the RNG even just a little would be a good idea no matter what option and mechanics you ultimately pick.

Gonna ignore option 4 because NO.

Option 5.
This is a RNG mitigation mechanic which I approve of as well since that's a thing we've asked for since beta too. Adding this to for instance the mission mechanic for a pet sink could prove quite effective!

My thoughts:
We've got quite a few problems with AH, but personally the thing that made me quit breeding my Axolotls for the SR was the RNG. So upping the percentage or adding a RNG mitigation that guarantees us the SR after a set amount of failed breedings would fix that. Option 3 and 5 are simple but would make AH less frustrating to deal with, which I am game for.

Pet sinkwise, the mission approach would help and add a new layer of excitement to the career. Could be a good way to get rid of excess commons and get a chance for rewards. Like I've said, I'm not sure about this mechanic personally, but in the perspective of everyone it would likely be appreciated.

Charges. I hate them. But in combination with better RNG/RNG mitigation I could probably stand them, especially if we can make things that replenishes charges. Nothing is more frustrating that having a rare stud running out of charges and having to hope to breed a new one in time. If option 2 is implemented, I'd want higher RNG chances for SR anyway. Even just going to 5 percent would make a world of difference.

Option 1 would also need higher RNG chances to work imo. Adding a lot of fancy mechanics won't solve the actual RNG problem. But once solved, I can see it potentially working. With tweaks.

So generally speaking, aside from option 4 which I am still ignoring, I'm okay with all these if they make RNG percentages better or add RNG mitigation in combination. Fix the main problem first before delving into all fancy mechanics.
f2u___mouth__1_by_loli_reshi-dba9not.png
18 Jan 2018, 7:24 am
I like option one the best

I think we should have something other than missions. The idea of never getting your pet back is very dark, you'd be wondering what happened to them. Plus rng to decide the rewards. ughh!

How about an npc crazy about hoarding pets, who gives you special currency for giving him pets, based on said pet's rarity? And then he'll sell pet items like revita-bites and high durability stables. Items that you'll keep buying, unlike the Recycle Shop where most of it is best brought once or twice.

Here's my idea for the exchange rates
Each rarity has a number of points.

Common pet = 2
Uncommon pet = 10
Rare pet = 20
SR pet = 30

Common colour = 2
Uncommon colour = 50
Rare colour = 100
SR colour = 450

So breeding a common pet SR colour and donating it to him would give you 452 points (2 from the pet's rarity and 450 from their colour) and something like a rare pet rare colour would give you 120 points (20 + 100)

Feel free to tweak the rewards as necessary.

This system is a lot better than missions because the only RNG involved is the breeding of the pets to give him.

Shop stock ideas:
Stable - 100 points

You should remove stable durability altogether since it's a nightmare thinking about waking up in the morning to a stable with a sr in it destroyed and the pet gone.

I like this idea the best,
Wip siggy
miYoABK.gifRYYErJl.png
Avatar pixelart belongs to me. It's one of my oc's,
Vista From atilla
1 Sep 2018, 7:58 pm
Guys I just really want a way to get rid of common pets and an easier way to get rarer ones. I'm a collector and completionist and nothing is selling, I just want to fill out my menagerie. I like the stud thing, but at this point I'd just like a simple rebalance, option 3 or 5. The current system is tiring