Thoughts on poodling?

17 Mar 2018, 11:13 pm
Considering making my very first partial fursuit here soon and wanted to hear everyone's thoughts on it, i personally don't have a problem with it but I know some do
ʜɪ! ɪᴛ's ɴɪᴄᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ!
♥ sʜᴇ/ʜᴇʀ ♥
Buy Me A Ko-Fi!

» Art ShopAdopt ShopToyHouseTumblr «

17 Mar 2018, 11:14 pm
I say if you like them go for it...what makes you happy is what matters
WogbCJg.png

Click here for free cartoon costume bases
17 Mar 2018, 11:15 pm
i didnt even know there was a term for that, let alone people who look down on it.

if someone wants to wear a partial and let their skin show then let them!
cityaes
╭━━━━━━ ⋆⋅♔⋅⋆ ━━━━━━╮
♡ Zane ♡ He/Him ♡
Commissions
Adopts
Painties
Squeebs
Ethereal Fawns
Icon credit: Kaneoya Sachiko ╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
ycd7cm4h
17 Mar 2018, 11:19 pm
RadioactiveAcid Is that what it means? I didn't know what poodleing was to be honest but still I stand by what I said whatever makes people happy...just go for it.
WogbCJg.png

Click here for free cartoon costume bases
18 Mar 2018, 5:56 am
RadioactiveAcid

Certainly a strange term i know, i feel the same way and i still don't understand why some people have a problem with it

Alewolf

Agreed! I've seen it mix up a bunch of drama in the past is all, still shocks me but hey, someones always gonna find a way to be mad at something
ʜɪ! ɪᴛ's ɴɪᴄᴇ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ʏᴏᴜ!
♥ sʜᴇ/ʜᴇʀ ♥
Buy Me A Ko-Fi!

» Art ShopAdopt ShopToyHouseTumblr «
19 Mar 2018, 3:11 am
I don't have anything wrong with it.

The major thing with people who do have an issue is that showing skin is considered "breaking the magic."
▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀ ▀
vos, they/them/she/her
vista by genie
19 Mar 2018, 3:16 am (Edited 19 Mar 2018, 3:16 am)
eehhh... personally I think that if it can be avoided, especially around the general public/children, it should be avoided.

but if it's necessary, such as if you have health issues/overheat quickly/etc or you're in a con-space/around other furs it's fine.

Obviously I'm not gonna call someone out on poodling, do what you want or need to do as long as it's not hurting anyone/ just stay safe, have fun, and wear your suit as you see fit! ^.^

and if someone calls you out on it and says you're "ruining the magic"; eat them
16486570_XlCjjhrFloohyZS.png
Dakotas Chibis!
Kofi!
Kawaii Stars Vista Made By: Beaky
I used to be CandyCat77024
Please do NOT ping me in my own threads, I'm ALWAYS subbed.
19 Mar 2018, 3:08 pm
I say go for it! I'm the type of person to take off my head in the middle of the dealers den 10 times and I don't really mind "breaking the magic" in the slightest. XD

It's your suit and if poodling is what you do, it's what you do! ^^
*insert clever/snarky quote here*
19 Mar 2018, 3:11 pm (Edited 19 Mar 2018, 3:11 pm)
I love the look of poodling, personally. I find it gives a really neat look.

This is my favorite poodling suit:
maxresdefault.jpg

It's owned by Delta Wind

3445-asexual-pride-button.png3455-lesbian-pride-button.png3446-agender-pride-button.png
3 May 2018, 11:05 pm
Personally, it's not something I would ever do.

I feel like it does show slightly more effort and pride in your appearance to at least ensure your arms and legs are covered when suiting. I'm pretty sure everyone owns at least one long-sleeve shirt, and besides, it's good practice to wear a protective layer under your suit anyway, to keep yourself cool and prolong the life of the costume.

Of course, everyone fursuits in their own way and has their own reasons for doing so. I would never look down on someone due to how they choose to fursuit and present themself.
Shetani • she/her • USA
Twitter | Instagram | Weasyl
7qXKMYC.jpg
3 May 2018, 11:07 pm (Edited 3 May 2018, 11:07 pm)
Whats a poodling? sorry im not really a furry and i dont know much terms xD does it mean a partial fursuit?
Maru | 16 | Japanese native
I'm learning Italian, I'd like Italian speakers who can help me in need if you mind ;w;

92c.gif
3 May 2018, 11:23 pm
poodling is completely harmless tbh and i think it can look really good in some cases. im not one for toony suits to begin with, i mainly like more realistic suits or ones with interesting/different stylization to toony suits, and i think realistic and weirdly stylized suits can look really freaking cool while poodling.

that may also have to do with my aesthetic for artwork that just slaps on an animal head on another wise normal human but hey.

honestly you do you. wear your suit how you want to. if someone doesnt like it, its really none of their business telling you that you cant show some skin while wearing a suit lol.
b3weo6.gif
Tyler | 21 | INTJ | 6w5
⭐Art Blog⭐
Paintie Shop
Art Shop
3 May 2018, 11:28 pm
I don't mind poodling one bit. As someone who has serious issues with heat/overheating and mild claustrophobia being able to take myself out of suit/costume at any point should I panic would be really good for me as much as I'd love a full suit. I see no harm in it, and in some instances it can look really nifty actually! Like the suit @/serendipities linked above (which is one bomb ass suit may I add)
3 May 2018, 11:39 pm
There shouldn't be a big issue if you want to do a poodle look just because other people have a different preference! For some characters I think poodling enhances a design, especially those with skeletal elements, even if I personally prefer a full covering over suits. Fursuiting should be about you doing you and feeling comfortable doing so.
4496-weapon-crystal-concentrated-rainbowGCCdneb.png4496-weapon-crystal-concentrated-rainbow
victoria//My Stall//she/her
3 May 2018, 11:41 pm
I love the look of poodling, personally. I find it gives a really neat look.

This is my favorite poodling suit:
maxresdefault.jpg

It's owned by Delta Wind
hot damn that is one fine looking 'suit. /drools

as for the other topic at hand, tbh I'd actually prefer to see more of it, just because, well, you can do so many patters and colors and textures and species but when it comes down to it every fursuit is gonna have roughly the same silhoette (which I'm not saying is bad! just, it's gotten pretty bland for me tbh.)

variety's the spice of life and all that jazz.
(speaking of, there's these fantastic cosplayers I always run into with the most amazing Cats (the musical) outfits, and that's kinda derailing the topic so aNYWAY.

What would be super awesome would be a chinese crested suit utilizing this method.

(Also I maaaaaaaay have an (aesthetic!!!) thing for stylized creatures with thin bodies and arms/legs ending in big hands and heads...)
3 May 2018, 11:53 pm
i kind of forgot this was a thing, it's not something i see a lot but i bet it'd work rly well with some suits. if i had a suit i'd def do that, i'm too claustrophobic and prone to overheating. it seems like a saving grace for all my HEAT buddies out there
VzMBbST.gif
3 May 2018, 11:57 pm
personally, i'm not a big fan, but it really just depends on the suit. if the suit looks good with poodling, then yea, go for it!
but usually super fluffy characters just don't looks good in that style so i'd stray away from that.
12633793_CFYSlGyaeHXfASV.png
4 May 2018, 12:03 am
If I ever do a fursuit, I'd probably do a partial too!

I legit thought the title was a typo from "Noodling" though, this is much less dangerous! XD
He/They
Thank you faeries <3
PING ME PLEASE

tumblr_nd0pfb2TtH1qjztgpo1_400.gif
4 May 2018, 12:09 am
I think it can be adorable personally, one of my friends wears cute sun dresses in her deer partial, and fuck, it is beautiful
god's mistake / 23 / Female / MST (Furvilla time -1)]
4 May 2018, 12:23 am
Personally I think it's a little strange most of the time, but like some other folks have said, it depends on the style of the suit. I think that costumes can really elevate a lot of poodled suits and I wish I could see that more often.
I had a head that matched my skin tone fairly well once and I wore a nice outfit with it, with no handpaws or tail or anything and it looked pretty nice as it was.
+0 FV time - deadlifting my fursonas - i love pygmy goats
imuXSyy.png
4 May 2018, 12:24 am
Poodling is a very popular term used on Twitter mostly from my experience! But go for it honestly I think it works just fine and it doesnt matter. As long as the wearer is comfortable!! Besides some people get overheated really easy so that's even more of a reason to not look down, I'd much rather see someone running around having fun in a tank and shorts with their partial on having a safe blast than someone pushing themselves so hard they pass out from heat ~.~
Smol lesbean fox (sometimes wolf)
Twitter: @/seabreezefox
10 May 2018, 9:09 pm (Edited 10 May 2018, 9:10 pm)
This is a great example of a suit that bypasses the poodling issue.

xIzlFA3.jpg
(Peek-a-Boo at Anthrocon 2017)

Here, the suiter uses an undershirt and tights in the color of their character's fur to cover up any exposed skin, while also having a cool and breathable outfit. I would love to see more people trying out techniques like this when wearing a partial with a tank top or other lesser-coverage clothes! A thin layer won't cause the suiter to overheat, and for those who enjoy the aesthetic of big fluffy head and paws, you'll still get that look. It makes for a visual that's more memorable and cohesive than just "I woke up this morning, put on my fursuit head and now I'm ready to go."
Shetani • she/her • USA
Twitter | Instagram | Weasyl
7qXKMYC.jpg