Log In

Loot Boxes

18 Mar 2018, 4:49 am
So I'm sure many of you noticed (or purchased) some of the mystery bags that were available at the start of this month.

There's been some people requesting their return - and I'm wondering what sort of contents we should consider putting in the loot boxes.

The previous one basically had an 80% chance for a 250 FD Item, and a 20% chance for an item worth more (and in some cases, significantly more).

So a couple questions for you all:

1) Should we have exclusive items in those containers?

A) If there are exclusive items, should we have a freely available version of the item that rarely has those same items available with lower frequency? These may drop FDE items.

B) If not, should we still have freely available loot boxes available on-site (I.e. random drops)? These would not drop FDE items.

2) What sort of content would be appropriate in these loot boxes?
For example: Morphing Potions, Stickers, Rare Mini-Pets, Consumables, Equipment

3) Would you prefer drop rates to be disclosed (as well as possible contents), or would you prefer this information to be gathered by players over time?


18 Mar 2018, 4:56 am
I think loot boxes bought from the FDE should be called 'Emporium Loot Boxes' while those that can randomly drop should be called 'Loot Boxes'
The Emporium Loot boxes can contain FDE items but for the normal Loot Boxes, I think that rare/kinda rare items can be put in, like, Costumes, SR Morphing Potions, SR Magical ( or non magical) plushies, (very rarely) Paintie Ticket, or a random customized item?
·.¸¸.·♩♪♫ Andy | He/Him | INTP | Grade 12 | Slytherin | Chaotic Evil| Born Oct 16 ♫♪♩·.¸¸.·
18 Mar 2018, 5:07 am
I think loot boxes would be great, not sure what items to put in, maybe the chance to get Gembound morphine potion or stickers magic of course, FDE emporiam pets or boxes from retired ones ect I loved the Mystery boxes and strill have some lol, might even open them tonight , but whatever you think you would be cool with me and yea some high end warrior Equips would also be nice maybe the custom stuff rarely?
AQdB2tQ.pngJZDNyZm.gif
PGV2JWb.gif
Signature by supermancrayon
18 Mar 2018, 5:30 am
There should be one for Event Magic plushies.
I collect Morphing potions and Magic plushies.
-8 FV time. ID #1854.
Toyhou.se
Casually playing the game
18 Mar 2018, 6:00 am
I think that if these happen again, I think taking out the minipet boxes currently in the FDE would be nice. Having just the pet would be fine, needing to open a second box when I did mine was a little weird.

One thing I saw that really upset some people were single paintie tickets. Sure they're 250 in the shop, but they're much cheaper in stalls. If that's all you got, it really would have been a waste honestly.

Definitely keep the stickers, paintie ticket packs, and the gembound stuff.

I'd like to see some exclusives for just the mystery bag, but not at absurdly high RNG percentages. Using stuff in the FDE as more filler and having things in there that were exclusive to the bag would be a lot of fun. Minipets, maybe an exclusive species potion, etc.

Freely available lootboxes that don't have FDE stuff in them (like from exploring) would also be lots of fun. Different ones for minipets, equipment, consumables, etc I think would be best. That way if you're like hm no I don't collect minipets, you can get rid of that box.

(Just my 7am thoughts after not being able to sleep all night.)
20 Mar 2018, 1:36 pm (Edited 20 Mar 2018, 1:36 pm)
Wew Lootboxes.. That's a volatile subject. I think there's a lot of implications that have to be looked at when deciding anything about them. In my experience with other games that aren't web-based, (ie MMOs like GW2) there were more repercussions than were initially thought when certain aspects were added to RNG premium-box drops. I'll try to use my knowledge from that outlet as my basis for this examination. It should be noted, however that the economy will be impacted with their inclusion, however positively or negatively can only be assumed by staff who can access the backend. I don't really know about the economy too much in this game, since I'm still new, so if the economy is bad right now adding another way to cycle out FD may or may not be good for the game.


1) Should we have exclusive items in those containers?
- Guild Wars 2 did this with cosmetic skins and received HUGE backlash from the community because of it. The exclusive items were highly sought after by players but were not able to be traded among each other. This caused a lot of anger toward the company, as it looked like a cash grab aimed at whales. If exclusive items were to be added it would be important to decide whether they would be truly exclusive or could be traded among players.

A) If there are exclusive items, should we have a freely available version of the item that rarely has those same items available with lower frequency? These may drop FDE items.
-I'm assuming this is like what is going on now with the warrior loot drops. Personally I would like this option, as players without the ability to gather large amounts of FD, like myself, would have an extremely difficult time to get said items. It's hard to balance this however, because people who have paid for drops will sometimes complain that said item hasn't been acquired after x boxes, even when they should know going in that it is fully RNG. This is probably the hardest question posed here to answer to be honest.

B) If not, should we still have freely available loot boxes available on-site (I.e. random drops)? These would not drop FDE items.
-This goes back to my answer above. It's a thin line to walk if you're deciding whether to add "exclusive" items to non exclusive loot boxes.

2) What sort of content would be appropriate in these loot boxes?
For example: Morphing Potions, Stickers, Rare Mini-Pets, Consumables, Equipment
-If we're following the "exclusive" item mindset, then I believe that it would be appropriate to add: Mini-pets, Stickers, Plush, Tickets, or Morphing Potions.
And I believe that it would be inappropriate to add: Equipment and Consumables.

The categories that I have identified as appropriate are pretty self-explanatory. They are items that can be exclusive without being "pay-to-win," as they do not alter the outcome of any other site function.
The categories I have identified as inappropriate are the opposite, they can change the outcome of site functions to give a lead to players who spend large amounts on loot boxes.

3) Would you prefer drop rates to be disclosed (as well as possible contents), or would you prefer this information to be gathered by players over time?
-Personally I would like to know the drop rates ahead of time, but I can see issue with sales if it is disclosed. These kinds of micro-transactions don't do well because they're "fair" to every person who buys boxes. If there's only a .2% drop rate of the most sought after items, some who may have participated would now decide the percentages are not good enough to justify the spending of money.

Just my two cents. I'm interested in seeing how others feel about this.
~Please always ping me~