Let's work together for quest shards!

4 May 2018, 1:11 pm (Edited 10 Jan 2019, 7:56 pm)
This is a board for helping each other do quests!

4237-jade-dragon-amulet.png3275-abels-folly.png4238-jade-blade.png

Would you love to snag Abel's Folly or some of the other hard-to obtain items from the quest shop? Here is how people from all villages can help each other obtain goals.

What Quests can ask for:
Quests often ask for items exclusive to other villages such as medicine, recipes, weapons, etc. Many of these items are either not available in user stalls or marked up to very high prices because no one else is selling them. This causes wasted time while you try to find a friend from another village to buy the item for you.

The goal is to maintain a ready supply of affordable items immediately available in the stalls for those going for shards. Obviously, this will require an investment up front, but I feel if we could get enough participation it would work to help everyone.

What we can do together:
- Purchase recipes. weapons, etc. from your villages shops.
- Place them in the stalls for just a bit over what you paid. This will help cover stall tax when your item sells, as well as make you a tiny profit. I encourage you to keep profits at a minimum, (50-100FC) especially if you want to sell the items quickly and get your investment back.
- Go work on quests yourself! If enough people from different villages participate, hopefully quests will move more smoothly.
- If you are not interested in quests, this is still an opportunity to make a little FC in profit. Invest in a few items at a time and see if it works for you.

Negatives and other things to keep in mind:
- If no one else participates, you might be stuck with a lot of useless items. Invest only what you feel comfortable, and test the waters first.
- Check stalls to make sure someone else isn't already selling large piles of what you want to sell.
- This plan obviously doesn't cover things like meds, pets, or some of the more difficult requests. (If you have a doctor, now is the time to start putting some meds up for sale! Also, breed some pets!

Don't know what a quest is? This is where you start! http://www.furvilla.com/quest

Not interested in Abel's Folly? There are still some things in the shop you may have always wanted - the link is here: http://www.furvilla.com/quest/shop

Please also use this board to post for help on quest. Hopefully someone will see your request and offer to sell or trade you what you need.

Together we can do this!
WZtABfu.png

Flash refuses to eat the Expired Herbalist Medley Salad.

4 May 2018, 1:19 pm
I'm down for this, and would be glad to supply some items from DMM while I'm here :D
To help Alekzy in a time of need!
~~~~~><~~~~~
touch_the_fishy_resized_by_lstheninjakit
1hr behind FV time | | Pixel by TreeTurtles | Icon by Paulie
2Jml0Qp
4 May 2018, 1:20 pm (Edited 4 May 2018, 1:40 pm)
I FULLY support this!! Maybe we can use this as a thread too for anyone who needs any items that aren't available instead of continuing to make individual posts!

Edit: If anyone needs Quetzal Palace stuffs don’t be afraid to hit me up!!!
4 May 2018, 1:21 pm
I'd like to throw in there that I was doing quests not too long ago for the shifty MP recipe so I know how much of a pain it is when you come across something that's not in the stalls.

So I'd be really happy to help from OFB. I'm going to dig through the stalls to see if there's any missing furniture/recipes and stuff and add them to my shop if need be. I'll check on the medicine list too.
♥ Adopt Shop ♥

pBS4F0v.jpg

♥ Ping me about any mustelid and hyena type adopts ♥
4 May 2018, 1:23 pm
I might be too lazy (because I’m a caaaaaaat) to learn to do quests myself. But I went ahead and put a bunch of reef sheels
4 May 2018, 1:26 pm
LSTheNinjaKitten Falorie Yeahhh! Thank you! The quests shouldn't have to be as tedious as they are. They were designed to have lots of villages work together, so any help you are willing to provide will be appreciated.

witchyvibes Absolutely! People can use this as a quest hub if they like.
WZtABfu.png

4 May 2018, 1:37 pm
Jzanky Heh. You lazy lazy kitty, you.

flashwolf I'm willing to help send over anything needed from OFB. I also will periodically place some OFB items into my shop, as well. :)
nUc82zF.png

4 May 2018, 1:39 pm (Edited 4 May 2018, 1:40 pm)
BeakyBirds Yay thanks! Ha ha, I see you are working on quests too, I am happy to help!

Jzanky Don't worry, I'll motivate you.

ATTN DMM Folks - following item is not in stalls - here is your chance:
Toothy Mirror
WZtABfu.png

4 May 2018, 1:42 pm
I fully support this!
(Also: there's no bloody stoves in the stalls- those are DMM, right?)
Spookie Adopts!

Other Adopts!

Experimental Adopts!

I'll pay you furry junk to draw my characters!
4 May 2018, 1:42 pm
flashwolf We need a Quests sub-forums. That would help SO much. And yes, guilty as charged, at this point I have nothing else to do so I might as well. xD
nUc82zF.png

4 May 2018, 1:45 pm
BeakyBirds Yes, I think it was always meant to be a team effort and not as difficult, but when no one sells the items needed or prices them WAY too high (although I like profits too, so I get it), people get discouraged from quests and they just grind to a halt.

With more people using the quest shop for customs, I figured it was a good time to give it a push. It all depends on others participating, so we'll see.
WZtABfu.png

4 May 2018, 1:46 pm
hey i'll join in, it sounds like a great idea!
If im trying to buy something from you and someone else buys it
Please!Tell me! Its kinda rude to not respond on matters like that :{
6dapo.gif dPtMM.gif
Icon by CrystallineSaltlick
4 May 2018, 1:46 pm
flashwolf I agree. If this gets enough interest we should definitely suggest it to the mods. I'm not sure how easy/hard it is to make sub forums, or if they need to do it back end rather than a mod. But I think the addition of it would be encouraging to players.
nUc82zF.png

4 May 2018, 1:50 pm (Edited 4 May 2018, 1:51 pm)
OceanDome
> Oceanic Dining Table

I'm currently in need of that item, so if any Oceandomer-s want to help me out, let me know. ^^
nUc82zF.png

4 May 2018, 1:53 pm
I've been hoarding extras of every village I go to.. my poor storage LOL I will join in on this.
4 May 2018, 1:53 pm
If anyone needs an item from Tigereye Peak just ping me! I'd be happy to buy it for ya if you send me the fc! I'll tell you how much the item costs if you don't know how much it is ^^
4 May 2018, 1:57 pm
yay !!!
so I definitely didn't expect this item to cost so many shards, but my request was for it level 5 because I was hoping to revitalize quests a little bit ;w;

I use to travel around the villages to buy all the furniture to resell because no one else did it and it was more for my own questing than anything, and tbh for a while, it was super profitable (albeit slowly)

but as site activity has slowed, and I've stopped my own questing until quests get a revamp so i'm nOT spending 50k + per quest, I stopped stocking furniture because it's cost-heavy up front and takes up a lot of stall space, but I'll try to get back to stocking furniture in my own stall for reasonable prices !!

also, have ideas on how to improve quests?  consider checking into the quest revamp and ideas board
(my own board is old (and locked) af, but here are my past thoughts on the quest system, back when i hit quest level 7)
9203899_HKyfmms8htbfv5F.png
da thtumblr

art by sugaryu
4 May 2018, 1:59 pm
i spent most of my money and put everything i bought at the price that it was in the shops <3
If im trying to buy something from you and someone else buys it
Please!Tell me! Its kinda rude to not respond on matters like that :{
6dapo.gif dPtMM.gif
Icon by CrystallineSaltlick
4 May 2018, 2:03 pm
The quest system is supposed to end up tied in to the daily log in so we might not have to do this forever, lol. http://www.furvilla.com/forums/thread/90599-a-quick-road-map?page=2#2001519

until then we s u f f e r

anyways i'll try to stock things slowly if I notice something ran out...
4 May 2018, 2:05 pm
Julian-S-Black Thanks for helping!
You can price it a bit higher! When you sell something in the stall, it takes a tax, and I think it's OK to price it a bit higher so you make a tiny profit. It is up to you, I don't want people to take major losses on this endeavor.

cute I love your item and I want it a lot. It is powerful (albeit tricky to pull off, but I want to try!). So I'm glad it's there because it's giving me something new to do on the site. It is indeed an investment to stock furniture, so I was hoping if enough people did it at once it would work. I just breezed through about 7 quests, so I think that is a good sign?
WZtABfu.png

4 May 2018, 2:08 pm
This is so cool!

... And it seems right when I make up my mind to move temporarily to TEP, my forever home in DMM calls. 8') I'll see what I can do though!
4 May 2018, 2:11 pm
MariahKat Yes, but who knows how long that will be. I also expect this to die down before overhaul is even close to being on the front burner of the staff's to-do list. I want to play with the Folly! :D

I've noticed some of the DMM furniture is high. The Monster Knife Hilts are also always kind of lacking in stock/higher priced the stalls I've noticed from blacksmithing, so those might be a good thing to put up if you are willing.

Thank you for buying from my shop as well, good luck getting those shards!

RedlaSunShowers029 Since I've started this thread, my stall has been hopping! I can't sit all evening and monitor the TEP stock though, so please do help out if you see something missing or low. Any little bit helps. :)
WZtABfu.png

4 May 2018, 2:12 pm
flashwolf I may need to move to oceandome. x_x'
nUc82zF.png

4 May 2018, 2:15 pm
This is a cool idea! I'll try to help out when and where I can! ;v;

Trinity.Blood.600.104722.jpg
♔ Flannel/Lucius/Damask | 24 | Male; he/him | Nonhuman [Shapeshifter, Werepire, ⚣ Incubus] | Vampire [Sang, Psi] | Beta Tester ♔
Ping to summon a Real Live Demon to your thread
icon by rinkhet on furaffinity!
4 May 2018, 2:17 pm
flashwolf I've definitely been having a lot of fun playing with it!
it's definitely situational.... like usually there is a MUCH faster way to defeat an enemy so why would you just want to tank it out for 20 turns

and i don't really do PvP anymore so I haven't played around with trying to find a build to last in the current meta-game

but when most of the battle meta thus-far has been a glass-cannon approach, it's been really fun to bring out equipment I haven't used in forever to see how high I can get my resistances up! 

It also has an additional effect to help with that effort too
anRrOdf.png

so yeah !!  I felt a little bad wanting to put it in the quest shop, but honestly, I had 1000 quest points and absolutely nothing I wanted to spend them on (except for gembound plushes... but I'm several thousand quests away from quest level 10 :') ) so I thought it'd be fun to give the quest shop a little love.
9203899_HKyfmms8htbfv5F.png
da thtumblr

art by sugaryu