The Lair of the Nexos

26 May 2018, 11:15 pm (Edited 6 Jul 2018, 4:19 pm)
Intro by: chemgas650
For more writings, go here!

The forest around you seems to emit a constant atmosphere of fear, and every part of you is telling you to turn around at every moment. You remain persistent as you push past low-hanging tree limbs and through multiple patches of thorny brush, feeling prick after prick in your legs as the very world around you seems to attack with all its might. However, you keep moving forward until you see a clearing, one where the sunlight manages to penetrate the canopy of leaves that previously drowned you in darkness. You fall to your back under the light, exhausted yet thankful that the grass beneath you is soft and without thorn. Before long, something growls at you, and you turn to see a strange, four-legged creature that had only been told about in legends and bedtime stories. With its poisonous stinger swaying behind it, you can only hope that the Nexos are a friendly type.

The creature speaks to you in a soft, yet authoritative, feminine voice, "You in lair of Nexos, don't expect warm welcome. Get up, time for tour."

Welcome to the Lair of the Nexos!
Nexos are a closed species I own, and I'm excited that you're here to see them! Directly below this text will be a few things for general Nexo info, including a transparent base made by Clickclackmoomoo ! Take a look around at the adopts, or even the eggs if you want, and enjoy your stay!

7728263_a0ED7foEOnHH6qh.pngA transparent version of the current main base used for Nexos
Drawing: Clickclackmoomoo

7890541_zFvKLTUxOg43VZI.png
The external anatomy sheet for Nexos
Drawing: Clickclackmoomoo | Annotation: chemgas650

Look here for the official Nexo information sheet!

Also, check out Clickclackmoomoo 's species, Nsters!
"We are all living beings who can do things. Don't waste that ability." -chem 2016

PLEASE ping me for my attention!
Male | INFJ-A | Asexual
Mod for Nsters
Owns Nexos
My Patreon!
Tip Jar!

26 May 2018, 11:16 pm (Edited 4 Jun 2018, 11:29 am)
Species Rules
These are the rules of the species as a whole, I'm going to list them out rule by rule as clearly as I can, so even though this is the boring part PLEASE take the time to read them thoroughly!

1. All made Nexos MUST be registered with either myself or any moderator of the species, so that they may be added to the List! If a Nexo is not registered on the List, they are by all means NOT an actual Nexo until they are added to the list!

2. If you're buying an egg, make sure to NAME the Nexo when it hatches (a picture of the child Nexo will be sent to you at its hatching time)! PM the name to chemgas650 so it can be added to the List.

3. Put the word "stinger" in your post when buying something. Gotta make sure you read at LEAST this far!

4. If you're buying a custom, you may edit your Nexo as much as you want, so long as you notify me about any new visible traits that are added or removed, as they will need to be paid for. For adopts, you may only edit their fur and scale colors. For eggs, you simply get what you get, and that cannot be edited in any way, shape, or form.

That's all I can think of as of now. If more rules are needed or are thought of, they will be added onto the list!
"We are all living beings who can do things. Don't waste that ability." -chem 2016

Male | INFJ-A | Asexual
Mod for Nsters
Owns Nexos
My Patreon!
Tip Jar!
26 May 2018, 11:18 pm (Edited 16 Jun 2018, 11:29 pm)
The Current Nexo Team!
Nexos owned by chemgas650
Moderator(s): Clickclackmoomoo
Artists: chemgas650 , Clickclackmoomoo , ferrousDraconis , CandyCaneChild
Writers: chemgas650 , Emery64

If you're interested in helping us out via being a moderator/artist/lore writer, PM me with a filled out application for your desired position! Forms for doing exactly that are below!

FV Username:
Time on FV:
TH/FA/DA Name (all that apply):
Strengths/Weaknesses:
Why do you want to be a mod?:

Artist
FV Username:
Time on FV:
Why do you want to be an artist?:
Strengths/Weaknesses:
[url=img link]1 Any-Effort Colored Picture of a Nexo[/url]

Writer
FV Username:
Time on FV:
Why do you want to be a writer?:
Strengths/Weaknesses:
Min. 1 Paragraph Nexo-related story

You can't write too much on ANY of the questions, and being honest helps MAJORLY!

Male | INFJ-A | Asexual
Mod for Nsters
Owns Nexos
My Patreon!
Tip Jar!
26 May 2018, 11:19 pm (Edited 10 Jul 2018, 11:58 am)
The List
7618960_H9sbgMT4j0rXZ4h.png
You are approached by a slim Nexo, the same one that had approached you when you first entered the lair itself. She looks up at you and sits down, tail swaying rhythmically as she seems to study you intently. After a moment, she finally speaks with a seemingly annoyed and sharp voice, "You here to see List? Oh, other wanderer... Well, follow, and I tell you what List is."

You have to dodge a poison stinger as her tail sways when she turns around, then follow her at a small distance as a precaution. As she walks, she continues speaking, "List is strange booklet that floating here in lair. It has name of all of us, including picture of face. It creepy, but I guess it help us keep track of family? I no know why it here, but we decide I guard it, so I guard it."

With that, the two of you reach exactly what the Nexo had described: A floating book that was open to a certain page. You look through it, and find your current companion's face next to the name "Yipi." Next to you, she smirks and says, "That me."

The List
Female | Created March 2018 | Yipi
Male | Created March 2018 | Reyvun
Male | Created June 2018 | Malik
Female | Sold June 2018 | Vega
Female | Sold June 2018 | Siren
Female | Hatched June 2018 | Cally
Male | Hatched June 2018 | Cayenne
Male | Sold June 2018 | Gangrel
Male | Hatched June 2018 | Makrush
Male | Created June 2018 | Kuroshiro
Male | Created June 2018 | Fen
Male | Sold July 2018 | Jac
Female | Created July 2018 | Summer

Male | INFJ-A | Asexual
Mod for Nsters
Owns Nexos
My Patreon!
Tip Jar!
26 May 2018, 11:21 pm (Edited 4 Jul 2018, 6:43 pm)
Adopts

Continuing to wander around, you find yourself in yet another clearing, However, this one doesn't have any un-hatched Nexos. No, the Nexos in here are all hatched, regardless of if they're still young or fully grown. A few of them notice you right away, then continue with their normal activities, whatever they may be.

Available said:
Three Nexos, each of them unique in their own qualities, approach you. They seem ready to leave, if you can take them...

BATCH 1
image.png
Nexo 1: $2.00 USD/200 FD/200k FC
Nexo 2: $1.50 USD/150 FD/150k FC
Nexo 3: $1.00 USD/100 FD/100k FC
Nexo 4: UNAVAILABLE

BATCH 2
image.png
Nexo 1: $2.00 USD/200 FD/200k FC
Nexo 2: UNAVAILABLE
Nexo 3: $1.00 USD/100 FD/100k FC
Nexo 4: UNAVAILABLE

Remember to mention both the Nexo AND batch number when buying an adopt!

An un-watermarked image will be sent to you after full payment has been sent! Remember to NAME your Nexo upon purchasing it, and to send the name to chemgas650 with an image of the character you buy!

All USD payments MUST be through PayPal!

Male | INFJ-A | Asexual
Mod for Nsters
Owns Nexos
My Patreon!
Tip Jar!
26 May 2018, 11:22 pm (Edited 18 Jun 2018, 12:39 pm)
The Nest

7721579_6RC4K2LDh3uLqOc.png
Your journeys take you to a decent-sized clearing, with various eggs in the center. Before you can move again, a male Nexo has tackled you and has its stinger inches away from your face as it growls menacingly. As far as it's concerned, you're an intruder, and it asks a single question in a low, authoritative voice: "What YOU do here?"

You try to explain yourself, but can't stop stammering to get past the word "I." After a couple moments, the Nexo seems to realize something and backs off, sighing. Now that you can look at his face more clearly, you remember the List portraying his face next to the name "Reyvun." The Nexo barks, nodding for you to get up, which you do as it speaks again.

"Yipi tell me you coming. If she no tell, you be unconscious because of me. Here you are, at nest, where we keep eggs until hatch. You want one, you have two choice: get WITH me or THROUGH me. You choice, only one will let you live."

The Nexo watches you intently as you look over the collection of eggs, seeing their variety in shape, size, and color. You remember hearing something about the traits of an egg corresponding to the traits of the resulting Nexo, but that it IS still somewhat random. With a passing thought, you finally begin to think getting one of these creatures may not be the worst idea...

Info said:
Buying eggs is somewhat similar to buying adopts, with two major differences: The prices are lower, but the traits you get are MUCH more randomized! The egg you buy can give some hints as to the traits that will be on the resulting Nexo, but again, very few things are guaranteed!

Available said:
Three eggs sit in the nest, awaiting their new homes...

image.png
Egg 1: $1.00 USD/100 FD/100k FC
Egg 2: $1.50 USD/150 FD/150k FC
Egg 3: UNAVAILABLE
Egg 4: $1.50 USD/150 FD/150k FC

Full payment must be sent up front before an un-watermarked image will be sent to the new owner!

Male | INFJ-A | Asexual
Mod for Nsters
Owns Nexos
My Patreon!
Tip Jar!
26 May 2018, 11:23 pm (Edited 17 Jun 2018, 8:46 pm)
Customs
Ordering a custom means you tell myself, or an artist listed below of YOUR choosing, that you want a Nexo CUSTOM made for you, and YOU alone! These may cost more than an adopt or a hatchling, but they are made just for you!
Orders said:
Use this order form when ordering a custom!
[b]Requested Artist: [/b]
[b]Backstory (if any): (Requested Writer or Self-written) [/b]
[b]Head Trait(s): [/b]
[b]Body Trait(s): [/b]
[b]Other Request(s): [/b]

Artists said:

Writers said:

Heads said:
Note: Any and all black in the eyes represents a color that can be changed!
7912561_WUgkYhQAxnkChva.png?1528068029
Base lineart by Clickclackmoomoo
1: Default, will be used if no other eye-affecting traits are requested. Often the "civilians" in a pack.
2: A Nexo with protruding fangs. These are normally the hunters/warriors in a pack.
3: A Nexo with a horn on the tip of its snout. These ones often come paired trait #2.
4: A Nexo with cat-like eyes. These are usually the scouts of a pack.
5: A Nexo with goat-like eyes. These often scout with those that have trait #4.
6: A Nexo with gills. These Nexos can breathe both above and below water.
7: A Nexo with 1 to 3 eyes. These ones normally serve as patrols around the edges of a pack's territory.
8: A mute Nexo with no mouth. Usually, these are the ones sent out as assassins if such an action is needed.
9: A Nexo with two, fully custom heads. The heads tend to not like each other, so these ones are also taken care of by civilian Nexos, but are offered in adoption with much reluctance.
10: A deaf Nexo with no ears. Like blind Nexos, they are given civilian care and are quick to be offered for adoption.
11: A blind Nexo with no eyes. These ones often live under civilian care and are also quick to be offered in adoption.
12: A Nexo with black pupils and sclerae (plural for sclera, the whites of your eyes). These ones are almost never given up for adoption, as these eyes represent royalty among Nexo packs.

Bodies said:
7951310_Jv0t71H8OfgbVmb.png
Base lineart by Clickclackmoomoo
1: Default, will be used if no other body-affecting traits are requested. Often the "civilians" in a pack.
2: A Nexo without scales. These often serve as scouts, since their lack of scales allows for slightly increased flexibility.
3: A Nexo without a fur coat on its body. These tend to live in warmer climates.
4: A Nexo with a more pronounced separation between its fur coat and its tail. These ones often have thicker fur, causing them to have to live in colder climates.
5: A Nexo with spines on its back. These often serve as guards of the pack's territory, and can easily impale an enemy on these sharp spikes.
6: A Nexo with 1 or 2 extra legs. These often serve as scouts or patrols for the pack.
7: A Nexo that is missing anywhere from 1 to all of its legs. These Nexos often live under the care of civilian Nexos, and are quick to be given up for adoption.
8: A strange, undead Nexo, of which has its midsection attached by between 4 and 8 magical strings. These Nexos rarely speak, and have no need for food, water, air, or even sleep to survive.
9: A Nexo with a long fin on its backside. These Nexos are often scouts for the pack, specifically in water-filled areas since this adaptation helps them in swimming.
10: A very rare Nexo with an extra mouth on its neck. These Nexos require twice as much food to survive, and are almost always given up by the pack for adoption due to their tendencies to become quite savage when not fed.
11: A Nexo with an extra eye on its neck. This eye can only see in shades of black and white, and usually only opens when the Nexo itself is extremely angered.
12: An EXTREMELY rare Nexo with wings on its back, of which have a possibility of being either dragon wings or feathered wings.

Tails said:
7956868_qgD0wKReNOIvLdh.png?1528093585
1: Default, will be used if no other tail-affecting traits are requested. Often the "civilians" in a pack.
2: A Nexo without a poison stinger. These ones will either serve as scouts for the pack, or will live as a civilian in the pack.
3: A Nexo with no tail. These Nexos are often seen as bad omens, and are almost always given up for adoption if not shunned/exiled from the pack.
4: A Nexo with a sharp, knife-like spike instead of a poison stinger. These Nexos tend to serve as warriors/hunters for the pack, since this adaptation allows for slicing tail attacks.
5: A Nexo with a fin at the end of its tail. These Nexos often serve as scouts for the pack, especially in water-filled areas, since their fin helps them in swimming.
6: A Nexo with a furred tail. These Nexos tend to live in colder climates.
7: TBD!
8: TBD!
9: TBD!
10: A strange Nexo with an eye on the end of its tail. These Nexos are almost never given up for adoption, as this trait seems to represent royalty among their kind.
11: A very rare Nexo with a tailmaw. These Nexos require twice as much food to survive, and the fully savage conscience of this sapient tail can sometimes take over the Nexo if not fed. Because of this, they are quick to be given up for adoption.
12: A Nexo with two tails. These Nexos often serve as hunters/warriors for the pack, since they can attack twice as often and as effectively.

Male | INFJ-A | Asexual
Mod for Nsters
Owns Nexos
My Patreon!
Tip Jar!
26 May 2018, 11:24 pm (Edited 18 Jun 2018, 12:22 am)
Events!

Current said:
None of the Nexos seem to be celebrating anything at the moment...

Schedule said:
Future events will be scheduled... well... in the future!

Male | INFJ-A | Asexual
Mod for Nsters
Owns Nexos
My Patreon!
Tip Jar!
26 May 2018, 11:54 pm (Edited 30 May 2018, 2:42 pm)
Bribes
Some non-currency things, other characters being among them, may sway me to allow you to have a Nexo of your own, if I'm looking for it at the time. Below I will list what I'm looking for at the moment, in order from most to least wanted (not that I'm intensely searching for anything, which I'm not). A separate list will be given as to what kinds of characters could sway me into giving you a Nexo for something other than currency.

Items
1. Paintie Tickets
2. Shifty Potions
3. Costumes

Characters
1. Furries (humanoid)
2. Canines/Felines (feral)
3. Anything with a dark/demented/insane personality

Male | INFJ-A | Asexual
Mod for Nsters
Owns Nexos
My Patreon!
Tip Jar!
27 May 2018, 12:34 am (Edited 9 Jun 2018, 2:02 pm)
Pinglist
@Emery64, @Silverpelt60, @Shilo_Kaisin, @Clickclackmoomoo, @CyberneticCaballus, @Serendipities, @stormbringer15, @Turnivis, @Silverpelt60, @Feroxi, @Julian-S-Black

Male | INFJ-A | Asexual
Mod for Nsters
Owns Nexos
My Patreon!
Tip Jar!
27 May 2018, 12:51 am
Emery64 , Silverpelt60 , Shilo_Kaisin , Clickclackmoomoo
The forum has been moved to here! The shop will be opening in the coming future, do you still want to be on the pinglist?

Male | INFJ-A | Asexual
Mod for Nsters
Owns Nexos
My Patreon!
Tip Jar!
27 May 2018, 6:51 am
Welp that's a lot of pings to wake up to XD
Sure, I'd like to stay on the pinglist! If you'd also like someone to write the lore, I can do that as well!
w18twKK.png
27 May 2018, 9:13 am
Silverpelt60
Alright, I'll ping you when the application instructions are done, thank you for letting me know!

Male | INFJ-A | Asexual
Mod for Nsters
Owns Nexos
My Patreon!
Tip Jar!
27 May 2018, 1:57 pm
Silverpelt60 Applications added!

Bump!

Male | INFJ-A | Asexual
Mod for Nsters
Owns Nexos
My Patreon!
Tip Jar!
27 May 2018, 5:55 pm
Bump!

Male | INFJ-A | Asexual
Mod for Nsters
Owns Nexos
My Patreon!
Tip Jar!
27 May 2018, 8:36 pm
Bump x2!

Male | INFJ-A | Asexual
Mod for Nsters
Owns Nexos
My Patreon!
Tip Jar!
28 May 2018, 12:16 am
Bump x3!

Male | INFJ-A | Asexual
Mod for Nsters
Owns Nexos
My Patreon!
Tip Jar!
30 May 2018, 10:51 am
Bump x4! First batch of adopts and eggs coming soon!

Male | INFJ-A | Asexual
Mod for Nsters
Owns Nexos
My Patreon!
Tip Jar!
30 May 2018, 2:42 pm
Emery64 , Silverpelt60 , Shilo_Kaisin , Clickclackmoomoo
Pinging you all because the shop is officially OPEN!

Male | INFJ-A | Asexual
Mod for Nsters
Owns Nexos
My Patreon!
Tip Jar!
30 May 2018, 7:59 pm
Bump!

Male | INFJ-A | Asexual
Mod for Nsters
Owns Nexos
My Patreon!
Tip Jar!
31 May 2018, 10:05 am
Bump x2!

Male | INFJ-A | Asexual
Mod for Nsters
Owns Nexos
My Patreon!
Tip Jar!
31 May 2018, 3:40 pm
Bump x3!

Male | INFJ-A | Asexual
Mod for Nsters
Owns Nexos
My Patreon!
Tip Jar!
31 May 2018, 10:44 pm
Bump!

Male | INFJ-A | Asexual
Mod for Nsters
Owns Nexos
My Patreon!
Tip Jar!
31 May 2018, 11:21 pm (Edited 1 Jun 2018, 12:10 am)
FV Username: ferrousDraconis
Time on FV: Almost a year
TH/FA/DA Name (all that apply): none applicable
Why do you want to be an artist?: It looks fun, and good for practice
Strengths/Weaknesses: Not too patient with drawing scales, but I'm working on it
Here
31 May 2018, 11:35 pm
ferrousDraconis
Great sketch, but it needs to be colored before I can accept it. PM it to me when it's colored and I'll look at it again!

Male | INFJ-A | Asexual
Mod for Nsters
Owns Nexos
My Patreon!
Tip Jar!