Making a fursuit in the near future I need tips!

27 Jun 2018, 11:42 am
Any tips are welcome, btw I have glasses so uM

27 Jun 2018, 12:12 pm
Go to a craft store and get a seam presser. This is for making sure your seams are crisp and facing exactly the way you want them to.
sewing-tool6_lg.jpg
It also works to tuck the seam allowance after you sew into the foam. If you carve a few shallow grooves in the foam, add a smidge of glue, and tuck the back of the seam in, it will give you a flatter surface, and prevent the fur from shifting. :)

If you don't feel confident enough to use the groove and tuck method, press the seams open and run a smidge of glue under the flaps so it stays open. Use a craft or Elmer glue to avoid the hard ridge left by hot glue.
I came. I saw. I...forgot what I was doing.
27 Jun 2018, 12:13 pm
well i have two tips:
1)to check the quality of fur pull it the more it stretches the lower the quality is
2)if the suit head is symmetrical enough you can only pattern half the head and use the patterns like that
demigirl/13/she/her/they/them/12+fv timey89d7nyu
art shop
i'm the artist for veroleks
beautiful art by deerSkullz
y9xqzhuny9uucqnp
4 Jul 2018, 11:56 am
1) Take your time. Rushing a fursuit makes it look bad.
2) Work on it when you want to. If you work on it even when you don't want to, it won't be fun!
3) Use faux fur, not real fur. Real fur is cruel and dying out. Faux fur is better and easier to come by.
4) Don't worry if your fursuit doesn't look the best, mine didn't either. You can always improve!
5) Have fun!