completely hide blocked villagers

2 Sep 2018, 6:46 pm
Being blocked messes me up really bad and seeing default villagers in the paintie gallery makes me wanna die so they should be removed completely thank you for your time
Kobi-24-he/him

2 Sep 2018, 6:51 pm (Edited 2 Sep 2018, 6:52 pm)
kobidraco Blocking is used for painties that have gore, or things that might offend or be against family/religious rules. (Smoking, underaged drinking, etc.)

Removing entirely would be a bad idea, because then we'd get a kot more painties with cigarettes, alcohol, and even slightly nsfw things.

Also, aren't blocked villagers only blocked for the person who blocked them?
2 Sep 2018, 6:58 pm (Edited 2 Sep 2018, 7:01 pm)
Minty_Breeze

if a user has you blocked and made a paintie that got approved you can't see their villagers paintie in the latest paintie in the town hall page it will show it's default villager
pet_17339875_shop_3.png Please click my pet

dwTP4Bj.pngswkZXjI.png
2 Sep 2018, 6:58 pm
Minty_Breeze I meant painties that are blocked because the person who owns them blocked you from their profile.
Kobi-24-he/him
2 Sep 2018, 7:01 pm
kobidraco Alewolf

Oh.
2 Sep 2018, 7:05 pm
Mmm yeah I could see the benefit of that. No point in seeing default villagers in the "Paintie" section, heh. At the same time, whoever blocked you likely wouldn't want you seeing their villagers either. And vice versa.

My only concern is how difficult that might be to code into the system :C
To help Alekzy in a time of need!
~~~~~><~~~~~
Hi I'm back
touch_the_fishy_resized_by_lstheninjakit
1hr behind FV time | Pixel by TreeTurtles
2Jml0Qp
2 Sep 2018, 7:27 pm
Yeah I agree. It doesn’t cause me any problems personally but it’s kinda annoying.
2 Sep 2018, 7:31 pm
I agree its annoying as hell, to my knowledge only one user has blocked me and it sparks up my anxiety hardcore whenever I see a normal shifty in the gallery because I know its them
Sheason is my furvilla waifu
Please Ping me!

Connor. He-Him/They-them Pansexual
20 Canadian ENTP-T
+2 Hours Server time.

gF0J5AA.jpg311lu8z.png
2 Sep 2018, 7:42 pm
I don't know if anyone has blocked me at this point, but I do agree on that would be annoying to see.
3641-a-very-jolly-button.png

( ᐛ )و

~please ping me if you're responding to me or if you're getting my attention~
21 Nov 2018, 10:01 am
Yes! Nobody has blocked me, But that would trigger some OCD in me.
latest?cb=20180413091838
2 Mar 2019, 5:57 pm
Bumping this because I guess someone blocked me recently and submits a lot of painties and they keep showing up in the paintie gallery. I agree, it stresses me out a lot being constantly reminded someone blocked me :C
2 Mar 2019, 6:25 pm
I agree a lot with this too, because I get anxiety from the block message as it's always felt passive aggressive to me.

Idk maybe just a little thing like making that message less...haughty? Like if it just said "This user has chosen to block your account/The owner of this villager has chosen to block your account" that would feel way less like a kick in the ribs than "YOU ARE NOT PERMITTED TO VIEW THIS".

That said, yeah when someone blocks you I don't want to see any of their villagers around. it would be better if the villagers entirely went poof from the paintie gallery.
Kevin Lazar | 26 | She/Her | Occultist | Straight Gigabutch™

f3700b6b11df8f3033669bfcabe0d93aa8759126