Gryphocorpus [closed species]

3 Sep 2018, 7:55 pm (Edited 3 Sep 2018, 9:29 pm)
You wander through the ruins of what looks to be a castle. It's been torn asunder by time and weather, but you still find life among the wreckage in the form of flora growing between gashes in stone and fauna making homes beneath pillars. Then you hear something large shuffle and the loud clicking of a beak just ahead.

Before you sits a large... Gryphon? Its wings are tattered and its tail seems to go on forever. It holds a strange and tarnished crown in one massive paw, the other holds a stone sword. As it turns to face you, you notice something very wrong.

Before you stands a Gryphocorpus! Gryphocorpi are ancient magical beings that dying rulers would summon to protect their places of rest once they died. The idea was that the Gryphocorpus would remain until the end of time, but once there is nothing left to protect, the seals that keep them bound to that area dissipate. While they are timeless creatures, they can now roam, and this is how they search for other beings to protect, which is probably how they'll find you!

But I'm sure you're curious as to what a Gryphocorpus is hm?

L4bVIVT.png

Meet Lute! He was the first documented Gryphocorpus but more and more keep popping up. Maybe you'll be able to snag one! Ooooor, you could summon your own... for a fee~

Down below you'll find all the information you'll need!

3 Sep 2018, 7:56 pm (Edited 6 Sep 2018, 11:34 am)
LORE

Gryphocorpi were summoned by rulers to protect their tombs from raiders. Clean summoning one could take anywhere from a week to a full month, but many dying rulers just... didn't have that kind of time. So to hasten the process, many live Gryphons were sacrificed as vessels for the Gryphocorpi to use. This, however, also caused... mutations and other phenotype differences. Sometimes, aesthetically pleasing coats came out if this, but the Gryphocorpus was more likely to hold a grudge against the royal family that summoned it.

The Gryphocorpus is only supposed to be alive long enough to protect the ruler's tomb, but due to the timeless nature of an undead entity, they remain animate and sapient far after they've been freed. The only way to free a Gryphocorpus is to reduce the tomb and the ruler that owns it to ashes or rubble. This will also earn you the Gryphocorpus' trust!

Gryphocorpus have been found all around the world, but most notably in Europe. They say every crumbling castle has one hiding in its walls.

PRICES AND PAYMENT

I'd always prefer USD to FD or FC, but I am more than happy to work with you!

Prices for Wanderers are non-negotiable, but I can take mixed payment.

1 USD = 100k FC = 100 FD = 100 gems (FR)

Custom Pricing Will Vary, but it'll be in the $3-$10 area right now

$3 will get you a Gryphocorpus that has no traits/1 common trait.

$4 will get you one common and one uncommon trait

$5 will get you two uncommon traits

You can purchase custom, never before seen traits as well, but those will be priced on a case-by-case basis. There will also be an item that will grant your Gryphocorpus the "Dragolith" gene, which you will see later. Any and all "rare" genes will be obtainable either via item application OR with the Artist's Folly option. You'll be able to see all this further down!

Post edited -MOD-Thaleia
3 Sep 2018, 7:58 pm (Edited 6 Sep 2018, 11:52 pm)
CUSTOM GRYPHOCORPI

So you'd like to summon your own Gryphocorpus, hm?

Well, first you must fill out this form, then we can begin~

xGOhNQf.png

glitchflannel

I'd like to summon a Gryphocorpus!

Mane color: (red area)
Primary color: (blue area)
Secondary color: (green area)
Accent color: (purple area)
Markings: (will use accent colors, additional accent colors can be bought)
Eye Dot Shape: 
Payment plan: (USD, FD, FC, FR Gems, mixed)

But Glitch, you ask me, what markings are available?

I am so glad you asked...

Please click the trait you'd like to see up close and please note you can ask for custom markings BUT I have the right to decline and I also have the right to jack up the price if need be.

Spots (C), Damascus beak (C), Ethereal Puffin (C), Velocibeak (C), Cheshire (UC), Damascus boby [wip] (UC), Eyes beak (UC), Fluids beak (UC)

Super special markings that are currently unobtainable via Custom Summoning

Dragolith (R), Tarnished(R), Bones (S)

And if you see traits you like, but want ME to choose a palette, just say "Surprise me!" in any of your color boxes and I'll pick a color I think would work.

I'll also have premade palette Gryphocorpi here, so check back for them!

Post edited -MOD-Thaleia
3 Sep 2018, 8:01 pm (Edited 25 Sep 2018, 9:04 am)
Hey.

You feelin lucky punk? Well? Are ya?

Because I also have a summoning method called Artis's Folly.

You take a risk here because I call the shots. These come with risk but potential high reward.

For a flat rate of $10, you get an AF Summon that could push out a dud OR you could get a never-before-seen gene, color combination, mutation, or more!

There are only 5 AF slots claimable per month. Grab em while you can.

1. justsomerandomweirdo // pending
2. jakdacrowe // pending

And now onto the section people will gripe at me for... rules.

Once you purchase your Gryphocorpus, you may not trade or sell it unless you get my permission. You cannot sell it for more than it's worth (unless it has other art attached, in which case you can forfeit it and jack up the price or keep it but lose all rights to your Gryphocorpus).

Gryphocorpi can be used as painties, but if you sell your Gryphocorpus, you must give up the paintie. You do not have to give up the villager attached. Oh, and OBVIOUSLY, it needs a shifty base.

Once you own a Gryphocorpus, you can come up with any kind of backstory as long as it follows the main lore in some way.

You can have as many Gryphocorpi as you like.

Please do not repost images of your Gryphocorpus without credit!

Please do not send full payment until I have completed your design. Pay half upfront and half once you receive the confirmation and proof that I have finished it.
3 Sep 2018, 11:09 pm (Edited 25 Sep 2018, 9:06 am)
Wanderers

Liberated Gryphocorpi looking for someone new to protect!

AUCTION HAS ENDED

[ X I X ]
L4mKD8x.png
xarazura has relinquished control of his summons. this gryphocorpus will be up for silent auction. each ticket is 10 fd. if you send a lump sum of fd, i can easily divide by 10 and tally your tickets.

[ X I I I ]
jUc0dvN.png
Highest bidder: Detective_Prince @ 750k fc

TO OUR WINNERS: please send a trade or money transfer to me for the appropriate amount in either FD or FC. if you choose to pay with USD, i will give you a link to my paypal :D

Pinglist for wanderers:
WinkingPhoenix Galaxywolf269 atilla Razz kroevolkture Mikiriyu kobidraco Detective_Prince xarazura Vesker WaffleRocket Snek CyberneticCaballus Clickclackmoomoo justsomerandomweirdo Silverpelt60 jakdacrowe RiceCakes
3 Sep 2018, 11:22 pm
if there's a pinglist I'd love to be on it,these guys look really cool :O
tumblr_ori92sJNj31umodnno1_540.png
3 Sep 2018, 11:24 pm
glitchflannel

ooh me too for the pinglist if there's one, for when you make wanderers plz!
| She/Her | +0 FV Time | P!atd & TØP 4 Lyfe | Hooman Bean That Does Things |

If you need me, ping me! @117953 or @Galaxywolf269
Vista made by snowflakeartist
Icon made by ScribbleCakes
Paintie made by Saberfiend
3 Sep 2018, 11:28 pm
WinkingPhoenix Galaxywolf269 yeah sure! I'll make the pinglist right now!
3 Sep 2018, 11:34 pm
glitchflannel
gotta summon me one of these FUNKY LADS.
Mane color: surprise me!
Primary color: surprise me!
Secondary color: surprise me!
Accent color: any blue. i love blues.
Markings: fluids beak and spots!
Eye Dot Shape: star? if that's allowed? if not, an X!
Payment plan: FD! 400 FD, yeah?
ZVK0Ben.gif
3 Sep 2018, 11:41 pm
Tiburce sounds good! its late where i am, so ill have to get started on it tomorrow, but I can DM you palettes I find that might suit your fancy~
3 Sep 2018, 11:42 pm
glitchflannel
no worries! it's late here too. i was just about to head to bed, but these GOOD QUALITY LADS caught my eye first.
of course!!
ZVK0Ben.gif
3 Sep 2018, 11:44 pm
Tiburce im glad you like them! theres gonna be some AF summons too, so keep an eye out for those. might get a never before seen gene m8
3 Sep 2018, 11:45 pm
glitchflannel
i'm definitely gonna lurk around here to see more of these babs.
i can't wait to see new genes pop up. B)
ZVK0Ben.gif
4 Sep 2018, 12:00 am
pinglist for wanderers please!
vuqkqjm y5n3ejj6 u9do3q5
yyczz89n
y364yk4v
feel free to ping me for horse or werewolf adopts!
4 Sep 2018, 12:11 am
atilla you have been added to the pinglist! :D
4 Sep 2018, 12:23 am
glitchflannel

I did a quick little doodle of lute cause I love him ;w;

ooooo.png
4 Sep 2018, 12:27 am (Edited 4 Sep 2018, 12:29 am)
WinkingPhoenix AAAA????? THANK YOU SO MUCH???????? i think i may legitimately cry, can i put this on his page if his paintie is accepted????
4 Sep 2018, 12:45 am (Edited 4 Sep 2018, 12:45 am)
Pinglist please!
3460-autochorissexual-pride-button.png3531-ash-plushie.png3456-pansexual-pride-button.png
4 Sep 2018, 12:46 am
Razz youre on the list!
4 Sep 2018, 12:47 am
glitchflannel you're welcome! and you can,if you want to ;w;
4 Sep 2018, 12:48 am
WinkingPhoenix of course i want to! i love that headshot so much!!!
4 Sep 2018, 1:09 am
Oooooh pinglist please!
iPd97NZ.gifYbpLwur.png6retanN.gifYbpLwur.pngiPd97NZ.gif
BkvGbbz.gif™ |boBvjTb.gif|™ 5zBgwgn.gif
4 Sep 2018, 1:14 am
kroevolkture ill add you! also, wheeeere did you get that vista! i need one in black asap omh
4 Sep 2018, 1:16 am
Ah, thank you! I made it myself!
iPd97NZ.gifYbpLwur.png6retanN.gifYbpLwur.pngiPd97NZ.gif
BkvGbbz.gif™ |boBvjTb.gif|™ 5zBgwgn.gif
4 Sep 2018, 1:17 am
kroevolkture its so cool! props to you!!! <3