why not lower the paintie submission price?

15 Sep 2018, 11:13 pm
i mean... i don't want to sound rude, or like i don't agree with Min's choice with having it higher to limit submissions for heckling (since they are all reviewed), but any that are blatantly obvious of being a violation would look like such, would it not? idk just a thought.

if lowered, maybe to 100? just for the people who can't always afford it :)
8fH5dW8.pngpedroinboxfort
tumblr_inline_nqpybrSXoj1rq5cm5_500.gif Lis | ♒ | Non Binary | 18 | They/She tumblr_inline_nqpxovgquQ1rq5cm5_500.gif
please ping me if trying to get ahold of me or else i wont see tysm

15 Sep 2018, 11:15 pm
It used to be 100. Then they jacked up the price to 250 and started wondering why painties weren't being submitted in huge batches like they were before
Elsie | She/Her | Art Shop|

5d1e25bf3c80251a33bb05272348fe36.jpg
15 Sep 2018, 11:20 pm
You do get a free paintie ticket every 90 days. I'm close to my next one.
Catch you on the flippety flip.

15 Sep 2018, 11:25 pm

not everyone is on that often though, which kinda puts us at a disadvantage. i love seeing new painties all the time, and getting them is SO much easier than submitting them imo
tumblr_inline_nqpybrSXoj1rq5cm5_500.gif Lis | ♒ | Non Binary | 18 | They/She tumblr_inline_nqpxovgquQ1rq5cm5_500.gif
15 Sep 2018, 11:25 pm
or at least 200
| She/Her | +0 FV Time | P!atd & TØP 4 Lyfe | Hooman Bean That Does Things |

If you need me, ping me! @117953 or @Galaxywolf269
Vista made by snowflakeartist
Icon made by ScribbleCakes
Paintie made by Saberfiend
15 Sep 2018, 11:45 pm
not everyone is on that often though, which kinda puts us at a disadvantage. i love seeing new painties all the time, and getting them is SO much easier than submitting them imo
It's not really a disadvantage. You just have to refresh the dailies page. You don't even have to do anything on furvilla. If you ask me, hitting F5 every day for three months to get a paintie ticket is a pretty good deal. Very few games allow you to get premium items just for logging in, and paintie tickets are premium items.
I honestly don't see the point in lowering the price of paintie tickets. There are paintie tickets on the stalls for FC too, so that makes them even easier to obtain.
Selling premium items and currency is how Furvilla gets money. If anything, they are losing money by allowing people to get them for free. I would consider us fortunate if you ask me.
NJ5dWJ5q2Xt8HcP2ovwxvxWmaCntPc
yahFKa
❤ I am not a mod, but I'm here to help! ❤
15 Sep 2018, 11:51 pm
It's 2$ and 50 cents. It costs less than a lunch. There's no reason to lower it any more. FlightRising has one-of-a-kind skin uploads with twice as many rules and restrictions for 20$, almost 10x the price. Plus you get a free ticket every 3 months if you just log in every day. If you want paintie tickets, then do art for them, trade items for them, there are a lot of ways to get tickets. People complain that FV doesn't get much new content and then turn around and bemoan the already incredibly cheap premium features on the site, saying even that is too expensive. Can't have it both ways- FV needs funding somehow.

Hell, if you ask me, it should be 5$ per ticket. That's the price of a pack of pokemon cards.
gazimchamp
15 Sep 2018, 11:51 pm
250FD is worth $2.50. Other sites that allow custom skins always, always, charge more than that. Furvilla is giving us a good deal with 250 honestly
cityaes
╭━━━━━━ ⋆⋅♔⋅⋆ ━━━━━━╮
♡ Zane ♡ He/Him ♡
Commissions
Adopts
Painties
Squeebs
Ethereal Fawns
Icon credit: Kaneoya Sachiko ╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
ycd7cm4h
15 Sep 2018, 11:57 pm (Edited 15 Sep 2018, 11:58 pm)
It's not really a disadvantage. You just have to refresh the dailies page. You don't even have to do anything on furvilla. If you ask me, hitting F5 every day for three months to get a paintie ticket is a pretty good deal. Very few games allow you to get premium items just for logging in, and paintie tickets are premium items.
I honestly don't see the point in lowering the price of paintie tickets. There are paintie tickets on the stalls for FC too, so that makes them even easier to obtain.
Selling premium items and currency is how Furvilla gets money. If anything, they are losing money by allowing people to get them for free. I would consider us fortunate if you ask me.

Yup! I've never bought a paintie ticket, I have got all of mine just from the login bonus. Painties are one of furvilla's best features and they give us a chance to get it for free. That's enough for me.
Catch you on the flippety flip.

15 Sep 2018, 11:59 pm (Edited 16 Sep 2018, 12:00 am)
It's 2$ and 50 cents. It costs less than a lunch. There's no reason to lower it any more. FlightRising has one-of-a-kind skin uploads with twice as many rules and restrictions for 20$, almost 10x the price. Plus you get a free ticket every 3 months if you just log in every day. If you want paintie tickets, then do art for them, trade items for them, there are a lot of ways to get tickets. People complain that FV doesn't get much new content and then turn around and bemoan the already incredibly cheap premium features on the site, saying even that is too expensive. Can't have it both ways- FV needs funding somehow.

Hell, if you ask me, it should be 5$ per ticket. That's the price of a pack of pokemon cards.

true, although some do not wish to spend their money, and if there are children on the site, maybe they are not allowed to. I know my Dad would never pay for something like online currency for one of my online games.
16 Sep 2018, 12:00 am
you can get a 10 pack for 1750 as well
that means for under 20 bucks, you can basically have custom looks for all of, or almost all of, your active villagers. Which is pretty sweet. I mean, the base looks are fantastic already.
And yeah, compared to flightrising or other sites, this is honestly pretty cheap. And then you can get them for fee too every 90 days, which is a great incentive to keep logging in every day.
hattro.png

Currently own: 4 Chester Hats

d0f9edde5aa82b5e7fac583189191b8d.png

7S8qn.gif
16 Sep 2018, 12:02 am
The price seems fine to me, quite low actually. I actually think Furvilla has been a bit too generous with paintie tickets as well pff

QUITTING FURVILLA. Looking for FR items! Shop is here

Final Fantasy VII, Yugioh and Fire Emblem Fates fan!
Flight Rising #44335 | DeviantArt |
16 Sep 2018, 12:04 am

true, although some do not wish to spend their money, and if there are children on the site, maybe they are not allowed to. I know my Dad would never pay for something like online currency for one of my online games.

Having painties is not a necessity.
They're nice, but you dont need to have them.
That they can be acquired for free is enough for kids who can't purchase them, or don't want to spend money.
Personally, I haven't spent any money on any of my painties so far. It's doable for free, so tbh it's a reasonable (more than reasonable imo) price.
Site's gotta make money too, after all.
16 Sep 2018, 12:11 am (Edited 16 Sep 2018, 12:19 am)
Taffer said:
That they can be acquired for free is enough for kids who can't purchase them, or don't want to spend money.
Personally, I haven't spent any money on any of my painties so far. It's doable for free, so tbh it's a reasonable (more than reasonable imo) price.

How does that affect the price? they wouldn't have to change any of their pricings, as you would be able to get more painties in than before with, say, a 100 FD fee. Plus, users could still buy other things such as magic gems with their FD and get a 250 fee for special species like Gembounds. or other species in the FD market that aren't craftable.

edit: i don't know how that effects the price so if someone can tell me please :v

edit 2: also it gives plenty of outfits for villagers if you have, say 5 villagers... and you get plenty of commission sales for painties because the demand is increased.
16 Sep 2018, 12:15 am (Edited 16 Sep 2018, 12:16 am)
Luckyclaw

my school lunches are 40 cents :/ but then again i bring my own but if i had it it would be that much
| She/Her | +0 FV Time | P!atd & TØP 4 Lyfe | Hooman Bean That Does Things |

If you need me, ping me! @117953 or @Galaxywolf269
Vista made by snowflakeartist
Icon made by ScribbleCakes
Paintie made by Saberfiend
16 Sep 2018, 12:20 am
Taffer said:

How does that affect the price? they wouldn't have to change any of their pricings, as you would be able to get more painties in than before with, say, a 100 FD fee. Plus, users could still buy other things such as magic gems with their FD and get a 250 fee for special species like Gembounds. or other species in the FD market that aren't craftable.

edit: i don't know how that effects the price so if someone can tell me please :v

FD is premium currency, meaning, someone paid real life money to get it. You can obtain FD from players who bought the currency by selling your items or services for FD.

If the paintie ticket price was reduced to 100FD, that means FV would be making less than half the amount of money from painties as they are now. Painties are the #1 draw for people to spend money on the site right now, so it's kind of awesome that you actually can get them for free, with a bit of patience.

TL;DR: it's bad for FV to reduce the prices of paintie tickets, plus they're a Luxury item, people aren't entitled to have them, it's just a way for FV to make money to keep going, by allowing players to customize villagers for money.
16 Sep 2018, 12:20 am
Taffer said:

People want painties, and those who dont want to play the waiting game are gonna buy some FD anyways, so 250 FD is a reasonable cost for them.
I really just don't see what the problem is with it. It doesnt have to be dirt cheap (more than it already is) just for some people. It's already cheap as heck.
16 Sep 2018, 12:22 am

No one said it would affect the prices of other things on the store. I don't know where you got that from. What we're saying is:
1) Paintie tickets are a premium item that does not affect game play in any way, meaning you don't need them to play the game.
2) You can get them for free if you wait 90 days.
3) If you don't want to wait 90 days and can't buy FD, your options are to sell things for FD so you can buy them from the premium shop or from other players on the stalls, or play the game to get FC to buy them from other players on the stalls.
4) Buying FD to buy premium items funds the site, and without funding the site won't exist.

Additionally, lots of other users have come before you asking for the prices of paintie tickets and uploads to be lowered and yet it never happened. Paintie tickets are the highest purchased premium item on the site. Asking furvilla to cut their prices on any premium item so that you can afford them is kind of unfair to the site.
NJ5dWJ5q2Xt8HcP2ovwxvxWmaCntPc
yahFKa
❤ I am not a mod, but I'm here to help! ❤
16 Sep 2018, 12:23 am
250 Fd is a good price. I'd say make it more, tbh. $2.50 to upload a piece of art is nothing.
Spr_5b_428_s.pngSpr_5b_302.pngSpr_5b_625_s.png
16 Sep 2018, 12:26 am (Edited 16 Sep 2018, 12:30 am)
[edit: sorry, wrong ping!]
No one said it would affect the prices of other things on the store. I don't know where you got that from. What we're saying is:
1) Paintie tickets are a premium item that does not affect game play in any way, meaning you don't need them to play the game.
2) You can get them for free if you wait 90 days.
3) If you don't want to wait 90 days and can't buy FD, your options are to sell things for FD so you can buy them from the premium shop or from other players on the stalls, or play the game to get FC to buy them from other players on the stalls.
4) Buying FD to buy premium items funds the site, and without funding the site won't exist.

Additionally, lots of other users have come before you asking for the prices of paintie tickets and uploads to be lowered and yet it never happened. Paintie tickets are the highest purchased premium item on the site. Asking furvilla to cut their prices on any premium item so that you can afford them is kind of unfair to the site.

Taffer had mentioned the site needing to make money, which is why I had asked.

Thank you everyone! I'm glad my question was answered :)
16 Sep 2018, 5:54 am

One more thing: paintie tickets are about 700k FC in the stalls. You can earn this much FC by diligently playing the game for just a few days.
Kevin Lazar | 26 | She/Her | Scorpio | Straight Butch™

f3700b6b11df8f3033669bfcabe0d93aa8759126
16 Sep 2018, 6:18 am

One more thing: paintie tickets are about 700k FC in the stalls. You can earn this much FC by diligently playing the game for just a few days.
damn we really out here paying the equivalent of 700FD for one ticket these days?
I'm out of the loop christ
16 Sep 2018, 10:03 am
MZZA said:

damn we really out here paying the equivalent of 700FD for one ticket these days?
I'm out of the loop christ

That's what they go for in the stalls, not sure why they are so expensive in FC but yeah.

Normally I see them go for around 200k FC.
Kevin Lazar | 26 | She/Her | Scorpio | Straight Butch™

f3700b6b11df8f3033669bfcabe0d93aa8759126