Galaxy shifty and off base paintie questions

25 Sep 2018, 11:29 pm
Wasn't sure if this should have gone here or in help but I figured it would go here since its discussing painties. The title was meant to be "Questions/Concerns regarding galactic shifties and off base painties." but character limits.

So I know galactic shifties will allow you to have a special species villager thats off base but I have a couple questions regarding that:

1. Does it work similarly to the heart gems where you get to actually keep the same species, color, etc. of the main species or are you also stuck with the same "genus: shifty" and color as normal shifties?

My reason for asking this is, if so is there a way get rid of it because that kind of ruins the whole idea of having them off base in he first place... Its like saying "this villager isn't actually a wickerbeast, they're just a shifty" while to my knowledge thats not what happens with the hearts and gembounds.

2. Will I still need to swap back to the old potion and items if I want to switch bases/wardrobed painties?

So say I wanted my active Kepler to have an off base paintie by someone, but then later, wanted to swap back to one of his other wardrobed painties like say the waiter outfit, would I still need to use the waiter plush, thereby making him a pure manokit again and rendering his off base paintie now unusable unless I slapped another galactic potion on him, or does this no longer count? Like how people tend to upload totally normal base species onto a shifty ...for some reason?

3. How is that meant to work for costumes?

This is basically a 2.B but anyway. In the same regard to having to reuse a base, will uploading a specific costume onto them if they have different costume art then erase the galactic shifty/render the older custom base paintie unusable? Or would some kind of system be implemented later to allow users to choose either one?
(Take for example Kepler again with the user made beast costume base, vs getting an official base later down the line)

4. Will I even still have the wardrobed painties if I change the species to a shifty?
Sheason is my furvilla waifu
Please Ping me!

Connor. He-Him/They-them Pansexual
20 Canadian ENTP-T
+2 Hours Server time.

gF0J5AA.jpg311lu8z.png

25 Sep 2018, 11:46 pm
1. Does it work similarly to the heart gems where you get to actually keep the same species, color, etc. of the main species or are you also stuck with the same "genus: shifty" and color as normal shifties?

My reason for asking this is, if so is there a way get rid of it because that kind of ruins the whole idea of having them off base in he first place... Its like saying "this villager isn't actually a wickerbeast, they're just a shifty" while to my knowledge thats not what happens with the hearts and gembounds.
i don't actually know the answer to this, but i'm sure it will be "Genus: Shifty" with two fields you can fill out for color and species.

2. Will I still need to swap back to the old potion and items if I want to switch bases/wardrobed painties?

So say I wanted my active Kepler to have an off base paintie by someone, but then later, wanted to swap back to one of his other wardrobed painties like say the waiter outfit, would I still need to use the waiter plush, thereby making him a pure manokit again and rendering his off base paintie now unusable unless I slapped another galactic potion on him, or does this no longer count? Like how people tend to upload totally normal base species onto a shifty ...for some reason?
i would personally ask an Admin or Mod about this, as i have no idea!

however, for my uninformed opinion: i believe you would have to use the waiter plush and thus render the galactic potion unusable.

again, i would ask an admin or mod for clarification!

This is basically a 2.B but anyway. In the same regard to having to reuse a base, will uploading a specific costume onto them if they have different costume art then erase the galactic shifty/render the older custom base paintie unusable? Or would some kind of system be implemented later to allow users to choose either one?
(Take for example Kepler again with the user made beast costume base, vs getting an official base later down the line)
as long as the beast paintie is very clearly using beast parts, it should be allowed still!

4. Will I even still have the wardrobed painties if I change the species to a shifty?
you would likely have to have Admin-Mat do a manual change from Manokit to Galactic Shifty (via sending him the potion and having him do so on his end instead of using the potion yourself), but please do not just send the potion to him! i would message him first and ask before doing so, just to be safe!

let me know if i can attempt to clear anything else up ♥
╭━━━━━━━━━━♔━━━━━━━━━━╮
Veemo//(he/they)//21//services// need help?
yc5fve3b
╰━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━╯
nx5na99
i used to be kankri! ping me using @81311!
FV Help Guide | Chris and Rotsy's Guide
26 Sep 2018, 8:03 pm
Jashin325

Does it work similarly to the heart gems where you get to actually keep the same species, color, etc. of the main species or are you also stuck with the same "genus: shifty" and color as normal shifties?

Galactic Shifties are a distinct species, however! There's a recently added feature where you can input a custom name and color for Shifties of all kinds now.

The lore of Shifties states that Shifty is actually an ambiguous term, so your Galactic Shifties can just as well be actual, unique Wickerbeasts if you don't want them to be blobs imitating one!

Nope, everything will be consistently Galactic Shifty.

Shifties of all kinds can wear costumes so this is no issue, you can use costumes just fine.

For a lossless conversion, you can send a Galactic Shifty morphing potion to Admin Mat with the villager ID in the description of the transfer and he'll change the species without losing anything!
Kevin Lazar | 25 | She/Her | Scorpio | Straight Butch™

f3700b6b11df8f3033669bfcabe0d93aa8759126