I'd like to create my first Paintie... but how?!

4 Oct 2018, 10:39 am
I have paintie tickets and I want to recolour one of my horse bases. I think I have that figured out, but then I saw where I have to pay to make the thumbnail for a Paintie as well? Do I need FDs for that? Or can I just make a Paintie and skip the Thumbnail?

Once I make my Horse recolour, and I've got my Paintie ticket inhand,,,, then what? Where do I go with them?

Sorry for all the questions, but I've never made a Paintie before. My one and only villager with a paintie came that way, so I'd love to try this Paintie thing c=

4 Oct 2018, 10:42 am
The only "Dumb question" is the question that goes unasked, Oregoncoast !

Though, there's a bit of a confusing stuff when it comes to the paintie page. You have to pay 250 FD or use a paintie ticket. This pays for the paintie, as well as its thumbnail. So if you have a ticket, and a paintie that fits the paintie rules, than you're all set~
My green name means I'm a helper! What's a helper? Someone that wishes to help others out with knowledge about Furvilla! My favorite subject and where I have the most knowledge is with the warrior career! We are not staff members. If you need help with something, whether it be a bug or something greater, file a report or contact a moderator/admin
4 Oct 2018, 10:45 am
Oregoncoast
No you only have to pay with either FD or a paintie ticket!
When you're submitting your paintie you click the box where it says to use the paintie ticket instead of FD, which works if you have a paintie ticket in your inventory

To upload a paintie you click on "Painties" in the top right corner of the page and you can upload a paintie for your active villager.
Ping me please!

4 Oct 2018, 10:45 am
Lance-C-Bones Thank you so much for the clarification!!

I'm reading elsewhere about resizing and making them transparent. Do Painties have to be transparent?
4 Oct 2018, 10:49 am
Painties don’t have to be transparent but it certainly looks nicer
By transparent it means a transparent background, otherwise your character will have a permanent white block on the back, sort of like how your icon looks on your vista right now
Leo | Hella Ace|Toyhou.se|1000% Weeb Garbo
4 Oct 2018, 10:52 am
rains ahhhh thank you for telling me about the location for the Painties! That's a lot of info sitting right there.

AlphaLeo000 thank you so much for the explaination! Yes having them be transparent seems a little nicer. At least if I'm going to use a vista.
4 Oct 2018, 11:02 am
Oregoncoast no problem I'm happy I could help!
Ping me please!

4 Oct 2018, 11:46 am (Edited 4 Oct 2018, 1:56 pm)
I hope you won't mind the ping. I've gotten my paintie drawn as much as I wanted. It looks like I need to resize it to 400 and save it?? Do I need to upload it to an image site to have someone help with the transparency?

I know it's clunky but I'm getting excited about it all the same ^=^

Hmmm... it looks like since I created it in MS Paint, I don't have the option of transparency. That's okay, I rarely have that villager as my active anyway. I'm going to unping and hope it didn't bother you rains ^-^

Thank you all for the help!!! <3

One more question if you all can stand it ~

"then sit back and wait for your custom to arrive"

What does a custom look like? Will it go into my inventory? Or will it automatically be loaded onto my villager?
4 Oct 2018, 1:55 pm
Oregoncoast oh no worries at all, feel free to ask as many questions as you want and I'll do my best to help when I can! :>

If you still want it transparent I'm sure other people will be able to help you! I unfortunately can't right now since I'm on my phone for a while and I've never done art on my phone.
If you do want the help of others yes you'd need to upload it to some other site and link to it in a thread here.
Ping me please!

4 Oct 2018, 1:57 pm
rains oh thank you so much for the reply! I decided I was impatient xD and the villager I wanted the paintie for is practically never my active, so the white box didn't bother me so much. I've already sent it off to see it will be approved.
4 Oct 2018, 4:20 pm
Oregoncoast haha yeah I get that. Good to know for the future though if you ever do want a transparent one :>
Ping me please!