In addition to the site rules, we also have some rules that specifically apply to the forums. These rules exist as a way of promoting a healthy, positive community. We want to encourage discussion and communication among players while also ensuring everyone can have a safe, fun time on our website. The spirit of our rules is: be nice to others!
Violating an etiquette rule will result in a minor warning against your account. Unless these behaviors happen often and egregiously, etiquette rule violations are more to remind you that these rules exist to ensure a harmonious forum experience.
- Please do not derail threads: Do not come into a thread and abruptly change the topic. While natural evolution of a discussion from the original topic toward a new one is allowed and encouraged, players should not come into a thread and disrupt the current topic.
- Please do not post duplicate threads: Do not "cross-post" or place your topic in more than one forum board. Please choose only one board, and place your topic in it only one time.
- Please do not post misleading thread titles: The thread title you choose should be related to the content within. This is especially important if you have a question, as a topic of "Help" doesn't provide information as to what your problem is. Be descriptive and accurate.
- Please do not use excessive caps or decorative icons: these text functions can be useful when they're used sparingly, but they should be used in moderation. Avoid full caps thread titles or paragraphs in caps, and limit the amount of decorative text symbols you use in threads and their titles.
- Please do not gravedig unnecessary threads: You are welcome to resurrect a discussion if it is pertinent to the current climate of topic. This means that resurrecting a discussion about your favorite costume is okay, but not one that is about a news post from two years ago.
- Do not criticise a legitimate, allowed gameplay technique: Oftentimes, players criticize gameplay that does not break rules, such as sniping, buying low and selling high, or other methods of play. Please do not start threads or make comments that criticize players for utilizing allowed gameplay methods that you do not agree with.
Content rules govern the types of content that players can post about in the forums. Because these rules are more serious, violating them could result in a temporary or permanent ban from the forums or the Furvilla website.
- Absolutely no pornography or sexual content: Furvilla is a PG-13 website. We do not allow artwork that displays sex, nipples, genitals of any kind, the implication of genitals in clothing, bodily fluids, sex toys or sex gear, or any other content that Furvilla Staff may find unacceptable. This applies to written work as well.
- Do not discuss or depict illegal drugs (with respect to United States federal law) or alcohol: Furvilla is a PG-13 site and should not be used to discuss or depict the use of illegal drugs or alcohol. Players should also not post or depict the use of prescription drugs in a way that indicates they are being misused. Please note that US federal law also prohibits the use of marijuana.
- Do not personally attack another player or Staff Member: Do not use profanity against another person, name and shame someone, post public black lists, levy insults against another, or otherwise behave in a way that attacks another player.
- Do not post illegal content: Illegal content includes, but is not limited to, posting or linking to: illegally hacked software, copyrighted or trademarked content you do not have rights to use, personal information about other players, viruses, malicious software, pedophilia or child sexuality.
- Absolutely no use of slurs, discriminatory speech or images: Do not use words that are commonly known to disparage certain groups of people. You may not post anything that promotes hatred or discrimination against the following classes: gender, sexual orientation, religion, disability, race, ethnic origin.
- Absolutely no scamming: Players should not offer what they do not have and cannot conceivably obtain for a transaction. Players that steal content without giving an agreed upon item of value will be removed from the game.
- No competitor spam advertising: Players may not advertise a competitor on the Furvilla forums. This means no referral link spamming. Players may still discuss other games, but should not attempt to solicit staff or players for them.