Xen's Recent Posts

14 Feb 2018, 9:10 pm
in Entire Inventory for FR and Art (SR's+Beta Items) (go to post)
bump
PIXu6rC.gif
14 Feb 2018, 11:44 am
bump
PIXu6rC.gif
14 Feb 2018, 3:00 am
bump
PIXu6rC.gif
11 Feb 2018, 2:52 pm
bump
PIXu6rC.gif
10 Feb 2018, 12:30 pm
in Me when I got this hot spicy soup (go to post)
Plot twist: Eating the soup kills the villager. The Furvilla purge.
PIXu6rC.gif
8 Feb 2018, 9:38 pm
bump
PIXu6rC.gif
8 Feb 2018, 2:53 pm
bump
PIXu6rC.gif
7 Feb 2018, 9:17 pm
bump
PIXu6rC.gif
7 Feb 2018, 10:59 am (Edited 7 Feb 2018, 10:59 am)
RedlaSunShowers029
I'll still be here for a bit more, at the very least until after FWA! Here's my FR!
http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=364243
PIXu6rC.gif
7 Feb 2018, 10:57 am
Manitka I'll probably still check in here and there for a few months! And that works perfectly! This is my account: http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair&tab=userpage&id=364243
Feel free to go ahead and send a trade and I'll transfer the 9 FD to you!
PIXu6rC.gif
7 Feb 2018, 10:42 am (Edited 7 Feb 2018, 9:19 pm)
I don't really play Furvilla anymore, I'm moving onto different games and am trading away everything in my inventory for Flight Rising currencies.

Please note: Aside from the items listed below, I am only interested in pure Treasure and/or Gems. You may offer other things but chances are I won't accept anything else.

Things I may be interested in
Pure Treasure/Gems
Black Shades
Sprites
Dragons (Will be VERY picky)

I may also be interested in art, but keep in mind I will be extremely picky, I will only respond to art offers I'm interested in.
These are the characters I want art of
I'll prioritize art of Liam, Savage, and Sniall (I'm especially looking for badges of Sniall!)
I'm mainly looking for illustrations, but I'll consider any art that is colored. Please reserve chibi/badge offers for my sonas.

What I have

88783 Furcash

Anything in my Menangerie
Yes, that includes the SR feathered serpent, Decorated pets, and Binary Beta Bug.

Anything in my Gallery
(aside from the Snells)

Anything in my Toybox

Anything in Stall
(except Snells)

Anything in my Storage
(aside from the Snells)

Anything in my Inventory (aside from the Snells)
I don't have pictures of my inventory at this moment since I have like 30+ pages to screenshot. Just ask for anything, weapons, bulk pets, materials, ect, and I'll see if I have it.

Please do not, under any circumstances, ask me for any of the following
ANY of my Snells
ANY of my Villagers
ANY of my Painties
PIXu6rC.gif
4 Feb 2018, 3:22 pm
in The Making of a Snail's Fursuit- Updated 2/3/18 (go to post)
WaveringHeart
If you're looking for the exact specifications, I just used a flat blizzard fleece solid from my local Jo'ann's!, This is the exact fabric I bought! However, I wouldn't suggest using that one for the final coating on a fursuit, it doesn't have as nice of a finish as something like fur or velvet would!

Fleece also typically isn't very good to put on the outside of a fursuit because over time it will get pretty gammy and tangled, such as what happens to old plushies where the fur still looks 'matted' no matter how many times one tries to return it to its original look. Whereas fur can be brushed and velvet can be washed to prevent it! This is what happened to my mew fursuit over time.

That being said, fleece can be easier to work with, and if you really are looking to put it on a fursuit I'd suggest using a plush, fluffy, or 'lush' kind of fleece for a nicer look instead!
Plush fleece like this one tends to have a more 'Furry' look, but it also gets matted more easily.
Lush Polyester Fabrics like these and these don't look as much like fur, but are shiny and lasts significantly longer.

Also, fleece tends to be best for use in partials! Fleece is heavily insulating and even in cold climates, you can easily overheat in a bodysuit made of fleece! My Transformice fursuit was made of fleece and I consistently had to be taking off the head and part of my shirt to let my skin breathe, which is why I'll only be using the fleece on Sniall's head, hands, and feet! Fur (which usually has a mesh backing) and light meshy fabrics like the stretch velvet I'll be using for Sniall's fur tend to be better suited for prolonged body wear!

Hope this helps, and best of luck on your fursuit!
PIXu6rC.gif
4 Feb 2018, 4:00 am
Frankie_Mustang
Ooo! Somebody on the first page pointed out about using a latex fabric/sheeting for shiny characters! It's flexible, comfortable, and should be good for metallic/insect-looking characters!

Ninjago
Yep! I'm planning on using a foam frame for it! Most other options I've explored would be too complex, time consuming, or heavy to be practical. A simple foam frame should be familiar and easy enough to work with!
PIXu6rC.gif
4 Feb 2018, 3:23 am
DivideByZiro
CaptainAnabelle
Kaidaft
Texas_Toast
Kitten226
Shinrai
LordKaen
SpookySpaghetti
Astrodevil
Ri
MeloNeko
babbebbyb
FeatherCats
CaceyDoesThings
RedlaSunShowers029
Spyromancy
Charmly
RadioactiveAcid
Pamuya
Mykestri
hansel
starry_possum
I0dine
Dragonfire27
BatzyBoo
Ellitchhizui
Media
lockandkeith
Soni
Treble_da_Doggo
Reilon
StormyPhoenix29
FartNugget
MaiseKawaii
Pumpkibutt
tigerstripes175
quqqy
Moonpaw-Icyheart
ExternalEnthusiast
Keldeogirl
NuclearFusion
realitydoq
Kara
satintheunicorn
bitsiespider
HappyBuddy
FiniteFeline
Neut
Galra
RavenPocky
Honeebunny
Ro0_o
CosmicFeline
LucielChoi
spectral
Angeleina
Gilda
Deilich
Christovski
Kingkero
mnmix
Ghosteez
Lime-dragons-lick
MamaOtaku
arbitraryabsurdity
GreenMousee
TheLonelyGod
moonstar70
Oliver_Woolfe
BlazingFlre
Sirocco
TheRinioChan
Pretty-Pink-Princess
Ro
Yaschiri
Supernatural
Seabreeze_thefox
CrimsonAero
Candycat77024
shadwuff
quasars
Dizzie-Dreamer
Hazardous-Axel
WarriorMaiden
Tanwen
PIXu6rC.gif
4 Feb 2018, 3:20 am (Edited 4 Feb 2018, 3:27 am)
Update - 2/3/18

I really need to get better on track with these updates, I get most things done before I have time to post an update here, since these tend to be more extensive and tutorial-like. I frequently post progress pictures on my instagram (@xenguy) So I suggest following me there if you don't want to be waiting for me to type out these updates!

That being said, I've made a calendar for myself of what I need to get done each week, so far I'm pretty on track and with the hardest part (The head+eyes) Mostly done and only needing its fur, I'm hoping to have the suit done by the start of March! Sewing, which is pretty much all the bodysuit requires, is always pretty straightforward and doesn't require much testing or purchasing, which was what was taking up all my time.

One more thing, although the eyes are mostly done, there's a small part to them where I have to choose in between two choices. Unfortunately, I won't know what either of those choices will look like until after I fur the head, And after I go with one, the choice will be irreversible. So, to stay safe, the update for the eyes will be pushed back until at least after the bodysuit is done, sorry about that! You can always see previews of them on my Instagram!

--------------------------------

Anyways! When we left off, the head had been entirely shaved down, this is was the hardest and most time-consuming part of the entire fursuit, after this, 90% of the suit will be sewing or things I have done before.

NB9YLI8.jpg

This time, we move on to a pretty integral part of the fursuit that I originally wasn't sure we would even need! The pre-furring!

---------------------------

Firstly, some background:

Because I will be using such a thin fabric (I could've gotten a thicker velvet, but there was quite literally no other pink velvet that was even remotely Sniall's color, so not much of a choice there). I can't put that fabric on top of the base foam without the green foam being painfully visible, or the minuscule details of me shaving away at the foam being visible. To combat this, I have to put down a base layer of fabric that will act as a sort of cushion, it will round out the head and allow the final fur to rest on top.

Although this usually isn't needed for heads with actual fur, since fur in general is much much better at hiding mistakes, it can be a good technique to use, especially for heads that haven't or can't be shaved down to fine details!

For this purpose, I wanted a fabric underneath that was rather soft, but not so plush that it would hide all the details I spent so much time carving into the head. It had to be white, since white is likely the only color after pink that would not interfere with the color of the fur on top. A fleece would be perfect, and after a bit of searching, I found a thin fleece solid that would work perfectly!

Pq7gRoQ.jpg

So anyways, I began with the forehead, since I wanted the area around the eyes to be as neat as possible. The fleece, unlike the velvet I'll be using for the fur, can be hot glued to the foam, which makes the process much easier.

QTHL33h.jpg

I moved onto the lower portion of the face, which I had to do in two parts to avoid creases in the fleece. The fleece being in two parts isn't an issue as long as it still feels like one to the touch, which I made sure to do when hot gluing them.

With that done, here's some pictures of the front with the scaffolding-eyes in place!

6qIoOV5.jpg

nfvFgjg.jpg

--------------------------

Onward to one of the scariest parts, the antennae! While their cylindrical shape makes this part straightforward, we run into the issue again of symmetry. However, I noticed something once I started on them, that covering them with fleece makes the antennae quite a bit firmer.

This made me really happy, because before, the antennae were rather fragile and easy to bend, with the fleece, they still have plenty of movement but won't be stuck in one position after a jerky motion or after being touched. I know some will be sad that they won't be all over the place, but fursuits need to be durable!

CcHZ0No.jpg

You can see the comparison beween the fleeced one and the non-fleeced above. The fleeced one holds its shape much better and is overall, more perky, at the cost of some flexibility.

----------------

Onto the other antenna!

fF2Evuf.jpg

Overall, the antennae, aside from the very tips, didn't need much cutting to avoid creasing, they were fairly easy and the only difficult part was trying to get the same amount of fleece on each one so that they were both symmetrical when standing up.

zktmktL.jpg

Unfortunately, I my phone lost a few pictures while I was clearing it out, so I may have lost the ones of me doing the lower antennae, however, the process was fairly similar to the tips of the top antennae.

6tn68yM.jpg

------------------------------

And here is the finished result!

CE4SmXL.jpg

pLhnSgK.jpg

Rud08tT.jpg

This was a bit of a shorter update, the next one will be either on the bodysuit or the hands depending on which gets done first! That one will be more extensive!

Also, I will be putting up a video of me using the fleeced head up soon, I will ping everyone when it is up!

------------

I leave you off with this WIP of a badge of Sniall I've been working on, which I'll be wearing at the con!
3Ns5VICQRD_1XQza-Z9d8Q.png
PIXu6rC.gif
20 Jan 2018, 1:02 am
Mini Update: Not pinging for this reason, All of my purchases have been updated for those who were interested! Pinglist should be updated soon. The next part is done and I'll try to get that update out tomorrow!
PIXu6rC.gif
7 Jan 2018, 5:11 am
Updated the pinglist! Please let me know if I've missed anyone!

FiniteFeline As of right now I don't have anything planned for attending Anthrocon 2018 as much as I'd love to! I live a tad bit too far and don't think I'll have time to get myself set up for that in terms of transportation and roommates, as all my resources and finances are being prepared for FWA. But I'm making plans to hopefully attend Anthrocon 2019, since I'm making progress to be much better set up for then!

If all goes well then I may still be able to make plans for Anthrocon this year, as trust me I've been excitedly waiting for my chance! So I'll definitely be making every attempt possible since I'd absolutely love to go for 2k18 as opposed to having to wait for 2019!
PIXu6rC.gif
6 Jan 2018, 6:20 am
hansel
(extra ping for a changed name)
PIXu6rC.gif
6 Jan 2018, 6:18 am (Edited 6 Jan 2018, 6:19 am)
DivideByZiro
PopcornSnuffler
Kaidaft
HowlingCapricorn
Kitten226
Shinrai
LordKaen
SpookySpaghetti
Astrodevil
Ri
MeloNeko
babbebbyb
FeatherCats
CaceyDoesThings
RedlaSunShowers029
Spyromancy
Charmly
RadioactiveAcid
Pamuya
Mykestri
hansel
starry_possum
I0dine
Dragonfire27
BatzyBoo
Ellitchhizui
Media
lockandkeith
Soni
Treble_da_Doggo
Reilon
StormyPhoenix29
FartNugget
MaiseKawaii
Pumpkibutt
tigerstripes175
quqqy
Moonpaw-Icyheart
ExternalEnthusiast
Keldeogirl
NuclearFusion
realitydoq
Kara
satintheunicorn
bitsiespider
HappyBuddy
FiniteFeline
Neut
Galra
RavenPocky
Honeebunny
Ro0_o
CosmicFeline
LucielChoi
spectral
Angeleina
Gilda
Deilich
Christovski
Kingkero
mnmix
Ghosteez
Lime-dragons-lick
MamaOtaku
arbitraryabsurdity
GreenMousee
TheLonelyGod
PIXu6rC.gif
6 Jan 2018, 6:16 am
Update - 1/6/18

Heyo again! Happy New Years! I intended to post this update much earlier, as this part has been finished for quite a while, however I was taken out of state for a week or so to visit some family and came back sick :< Anyways, I'm all better now and it's time to get back to work!

This part is detailing the second part of shaving down the fursuit and adding the things that aren't directly the head itself, such as Sniall's antennae and the finer finishing details needed to get on with wrapping and furring the head!

-------------------------

Now then, if you don't remember, this was where we left off with the shaving down of the head!

JkIpgMG.jpg

From here I needed to finish up the forehead and carve out the mouth, both things I fairly afraid to do in fear of messing up, however, fear can't stop me from finishing my goals, so I buckled myself in and got ready.

It was fairly straightforward surprisingly, I didn't have much trouble finishing the shaving down of the main head, the main thing I had to make sure was to make the mouth symetrical, but with a fiddling, I got it just right! So after a few hours, this is the finalized main head!

DVDTs86.jpg

Also guys, please be careful when working with sharp things such as exacto blades, which were needed for the immense amount of detail going into the shaving down. Always make sure you know where your knife is at all times! I was a bit too focused on the project at hand and accidentally ended up slicing off a good portion of skin off my thumb. Not only that, later on the blade fell from the table and stabbed clean into my leg. I didn't get any serious injuries thankfully, but as you can see there is blood on the left side of Sniall's face. Needless to say I learned my lesson and won't be losing track of my knife anytime soon.

-------------------

Now then, onto the main antennae! The ones on top of Sniall's head!

For this part, I wanted the antennae to be bouncy, yet slightly posable. Thus, I didn't invest in a rigid materal that I could cover with foam. Instead I remembered my mom had a posable tripod from wayy back in the 2000's when we bought our first digital camera! A small posable tripod leg in the base of the antennae would allow them to be posed, while at the same time keeping the upper part bouncy!

gp-slr-zoom-how-to-step2.jpg

That's a posable tripod! So Upon finding this out, I gently borrowed two of my mom's tripod's legs,

caX5rdS.jpg

In all fairness, i don't think it's much of a tripod anymore now. But anywaaays.

jXTpDZI.jpg

I cut two slabs of foam for the antennae, folded each and put the tripod stick at the base, along with some wire going down the middle for some extra support.

eNuNSQP.jpg

Once it was hot glued together, I got down to shaving it into a rounder shape!

This part was deceptively difficult, it's almost impossible to shave down two tapered, cylindrical slabs of foam so they match each other perfectly, the best I could do was the keep measuring the circumference of the first antenna at several parts and trying to match that for the respective areas on the other antenna, Even with that, I don't think I did perfectly, but unless someone were to really sit down and stare, they look essentially symmetrical!

GyGzZdk.jpg

So I went ahead and attached a thicker slab of foam at the top for the 'eye' part of Sniall's antennae!

Once again, this was incredibly difficult, not as difficult as the stalk part of the antennae, but certainly no walk in the part. Symmetry is usually the hardest part for fursuit heads, and I'm learning that the hard way!

kwEfhKi.jpg

After a LOT of cutting and shaving down, I got the tips done and looking mostly symmetrical!

-----------------------

Onto the bottom antennae!

For those of you who don't know, Sniall also has lower antennae like most terrestrial snails, which are used for scenting!

CmyHCRtNT_e7hpA80uLQlw.pngfafmFT05SxO1lohKxlTuvQ.png

For Sniall, these are essentially cute little bulbs which come from lower jaw area! they were originally a lot thinner and longer, but I decided that having fat bulbs would be much cuter!

So to get started, I pasted together 2 slabs (later I realized they were flat and pasted on a third) of foam to give myself a base from.

RSCDznn.jpg

I started off with some general cuts and trimming to give myself an idea of what shape I wanted.

aE4rYO9.jpg

Some more trimming and the shape started to take place, and finally, I could start shaving it down into its final form!

ZgBZaQW.jpg

And here's the finished look after some intense shaving down! They have a teardrop-like which I really like. And after having to deal with the the upper antennae, these were somewhat easier to shape symetrically.

PPFPMJV.jpg

The placing was as very careful as I did not want one to be too far forward or too up or the like. Here's the finished product after carefully placing and pasting the lower antennae to the head!

-------------------------

9KxV5Mh.jpg

Back to the upper antennae, with them done, I decided to coil some wire around them, as I found them too floppy for my liking, the wire and hot glue gave them a lot more structure and made them more bouncy than floppy, which is what I was looking for!

dnRS2iz.jpg

The last part was fairly straight forward, which was attaching the upper antennae to the head. This had to be done very carefully as, same with the lower antennae, they needed to be placed with care so as to end up symmetrically on the head and when bobbing behind it.

2T9tYJf.jpg

NB9YLI8.jpg

Finally, after a bit of detailing and minor touch-ups, this is the finished product! The head is finally offically fully shaved down and ready for a fleecy cover and furring!

Here is a video of me testing out the head!

Next I'll be covering the head with a thin fleece to prepare it for furring!, that should be a relatively short update, as directly after that I'll be covering the long awaited eyes! Both are mostly done as of me posting this, so expect an update soon!

Edit: I also do realize that I still haven't posted my purchases from my last update, it slipped my mind so I'll be doing that within the next few days!
PIXu6rC.gif
15 Dec 2017, 12:42 pm
in Bell Fairy clarification (go to post)
Do Bell Fairies work on converted equipment? Do they raise the potency at all or is it a waste?
PIXu6rC.gif
8 Dec 2017, 7:50 pm
in How to beat master of potions? (go to post)
Thanks guys. I was wondering cause I have a pretty op build but seemingly can't beat him, not even because I run out of health but because it reaches so many turns that I just give up., I just encountered him twice and was able to beat him twice out of sheer luck (and 150+ turns), but I'll try the sunder thing.
PIXu6rC.gif
8 Dec 2017, 7:39 pm
in How to beat master of potions? (go to post)
I've been able to beat almost every other warrior, including the legend, but the master of potions heals for 700+ health almost each turn, I've reached over 100 turn battles with him and haven't been able to beat him. is it even possible?
PIXu6rC.gif
7 Dec 2017, 8:52 pm
in First Anniversary Party! (go to post)
How do i get the new vistas?

In your village's costume shop!
PIXu6rC.gif
3 Dec 2017, 10:01 pm
in The mayors have abandoned us and we deserve it (go to post)
What in the world did I walk in on? Memes?
PIXu6rC.gif