shuppet's Recent Posts

28 May 2020, 11:05 am (Edited 28 May 2020, 11:05 am)
in im bored & an animation student ama (go to post)
raw_toasties - definitely this beastars fanart i've been doing LMAO...22 credit hours in college translates into like, 66 hours/week expected of work (a credit hour is "supposed to be" 1 hour of lecture and 2 hours of homework, so full-time college starts counting around 12-14 credit hours)...........22 credit hours means i didn't have time to actually try to do good work since i was just barely able to get work finished, and first year meanwhile was full of like, very basic exercises. by-the-book walk cycles and bouncing ball, hahah

k1vNLKG.gif

look his little spin. proud of it
28 May 2020, 10:55 am
in im bored & an animation student ama (go to post)
yello, i go to a pretty well-known school for animation, im working on a reel right now for summer freelance work...working on a reel only right now because my stupid school thought 22 credit hours was a good idea & i spent last semester dying

anyway, proof:

d2a43478c9e9d5aca1beed1e72036b8f.gif
f8e8c829ef539cce5888e3c8447a82f7.gif
291a9c5f0195eaf2b07937a1e1e383f8.gif

i guess these don't necessarily prove i'm in art school, but hey, at least i know the software

i'm familiar with
- tvpaint (only in that i can use it, but the UI is an arcane labyrinth and i only just found out about the colored pencil options)
- toonboom (harmony & storyboard pro) (i'm not necessarily good at 2d rigging but i have done some)
- adobe creative suite (ugh, adobe) (i do all my actual drawing in paint tool sai, although ive heard good things about and own clip studio)
- did a little bit of maya, wouldn't say i'm familiar with it but i've opened it and used it and grappled with it and lost to it in single combat

anyway i've been doing nothing but animate for the past week or so and im losing my mind a little bit. any kind of interaction (advice, critique, just asking for my personal opinion as someone not yet in but looking to be in the industry, or just chatting abt art to keep things on topic) would really be appreciated

my specific areas of expertise are:
- storyboard (hoping to do it professionally once i graduate)
- character design (a dying art)
- life drawing/anatomy (by the way, daily reminder to go do some)
- 2d animation (i'm soooo bad at cleanup, let me do roughs forever)
- having bad opinions on cartoons

hookay, lets see if i regret this
31 Mar 2020, 7:50 pm
in ◎‿◎ commissions. (2 OPEN) (go to post)
◎‿◎
12 Mar 2018, 1:50 pm
◎‿◎
21 Nov 2017, 11:59 am
◎‿◎
21 Nov 2017, 11:57 am
in ◎‿◎ premades. (Heraldic Unicorn!) (go to post)
HowlingCapricorn - Oh man, I'm sorry, I didn't see this until now! You've been added to the pinglist, and if you're still interested in buying for FC then that's totally fine ^-^
23 Oct 2017, 1:15 pm
Donburi - Yes, just that you will only be getting the base unicorn (without wings or the neck crown) rather than the full set of options if you don't pay in USD. If that sounds alright, let me know!
19 Oct 2017, 11:04 pm
liela - Because of the added complexity of antlers + fur, I'd ballpark it at 60USD, though 5USD's worth can be paid for in site currency! This should cover any extra addons you may want to have included, unless they're of extreme detail - which, of course, I'll go over with you in PMs so we can reach a fair agreement :D
19 Oct 2017, 11:01 pm
liela Sylvette - Sure thing, you two! Just let me know what currency you're paying in and I can get you guys the proper .PSD files ^‿^

Acrilli - Sending you a PM :D You've been added to the pinglist!
17 Oct 2017, 10:18 am
Donburi - I completely understand, though I'm sorry to hear that. I've removed you from the ping list! Come back whenever you're ready ◎‿<

BeakyBirds - I'll go ahead and send you a PM, let me know whenever you're ready!
11 Oct 2017, 11:15 pm
Enoch - sure thing! Added ^‿^
11 Oct 2017, 10:38 pm (Edited 11 Oct 2017, 11:03 pm)
Enoch - Since I don't really play this game anymore, unfortunately, I only take USD (with optional mixed site currency of up to 5$'s worth). Sorry!

Donburi - Added to the ping list! ◎‿<

BeakyBirds - 50$ USD, but I accept up to 5$ USD in site currency!

EDIT: just realized my first post doesn't reflect my actual prices now, oops. Updated it!
9 Oct 2017, 5:08 pm (Edited 9 Oct 2017, 5:10 pm)
◎‿◎ After a long hiatus, it's your friend shuppet! Slots are open once more ◎‿<

Tsundere Auto-Responder Catbat MomoThePandaBear Ukira Mephisto Ammoth dedenne Soni 1funn CyanSapphire Estrith Starfoxxe CarelessSoul

(Ptbtbt it's been so long I forgot how to ping people)
18 Apr 2017, 12:22 pm
in Jey Paints Painties ☆ (working on commissions) (go to post)
elly Jey 35usd
17 Apr 2017, 10:57 pm
elly Jey - 30USD

(THANKS im really really really happy it was untaken :'D )
17 Apr 2017, 6:14 pm (Edited 17 Apr 2017, 6:14 pm)
elly Jey - 25usd
16 Apr 2017, 10:42 am
in ◎‿◎ art. (2 SLOTS) (go to post)
Okay, and...open!
16 Apr 2017, 6:02 am
◎‿◎
15 Apr 2017, 1:11 am
Lupin - Unfortunately, I don't have pure FD slots open. I can allow partial FD payment up to 5$, however!

I'm really glad to hear how much you like my work, but unfortunately, I can't really justify the time spent doing commissions for pure site money :-: sorry! If you manage to save up somehow and come back, I can absolutely do your commission, though. (Written references, vague references, I'm fine with anything)!

Good luck, and thanks again!!!
15 Apr 2017, 1:05 am
in Bunicake painties (new premades!) (go to post)
Even though the offer is super tempting, since I don't even have the slightest clue what I even want (I only know that I NEED) I'm going to have to decline :')

The base is already good enough! If it could be saved in a .psd format that'd be ideal, but I can work with a grayscale .png or anything else hahaha.

Lemme go ahead and send you that sweet sweet cash -
15 Apr 2017, 12:33 am
in Bunicake painties (new premades!) (go to post)
w...would i be able to just buy a use of the file for full fd price i... . need ...
14 Apr 2017, 10:18 pm
Hoodoo - sure thing!
14 Apr 2017, 6:59 pm
◎‿◎
14 Apr 2017, 12:56 pm
Starfoxxe - I usually just update the thread with open slots as I go, but I don't actually "open" them until my thread title says open, hahaha. That being the case, it's open now! Therefore -

Tsundere Auto-Responder Catbat MomoThePandaBear Ukira Mephisto Ammoth dedenne Soni 1funn CyanSapphire Estrith Starfoxxe CarelessSoul

Slots open ◎‿◎

(ps carelesssoul - thanks!!)
14 Apr 2017, 11:29 am (Edited 14 Apr 2017, 11:29 am)
Do you have a pinglist, and, if so, can I be added to it? I missed those gembounds and swore never again :'| i love your stuff so darn much mannn